[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games that you play while focusing on other things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: ziggurat-03[1].jpg (169 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ziggurat-03[1].jpg
169 KB, 1600x900
What are some games that you play while focusing on other things like podcasts/audiobooks/etc?

My new goto game for that is pic related. I can play it with being distracted since its just moving and shooting.

Post your favorite simple (yet replayable) games you can play while paying attention to some kind of audio.
>>
File: Far Cry 3 screenshot 5.jpg (425 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Far Cry 3 screenshot 5.jpg
425 KB, 1920x1080
Far Cry 3 and 4.
>>
Doom
Terraria
>>
File: DoD.jpg (500 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DoD.jpg
500 KB, 1920x1080
Try Dungeons of Dredmor, you will fucking love it if you like that game and want to focus on other shit while you will do it.
>Very fast turn based movement/combat
>streamlined, intuitive, classic PC roleplaying
>charming art style and humor
>statisfying progression
>tons of shit to collect
>tons of skills to choose from that drastically effect how you play
>easy to get lost in for hours
>turns allow you to just leave the game whenever

Almost perfect game. In fifty hours I only got to fight Dredmor himself once and got fucked up when he almost killed me so I reported to Diggle hell on accident.
>>
>>335659489
>gigantic rectangular eyebrows
>charming art style
>>
Runescape

I can't multitask with any game that takes any higher level of thought.
>>
Anything that doesn't rely on sound and atmosphere: RTS, tycoons, roguelikes, souls, racing sims.
>>
File: sc4_boxshot_large.jpg (95 KB, 450x643) Image search: [Google]
sc4_boxshot_large.jpg
95 KB, 450x643
>>335659489
SimCity 4 has long been my go to game for playing while listening to something else.

Pretty much any simulation game like that is good for that kind of thing. You don't really have to listen to anything to get the full effect (though SC's music is fucking awesome) and they're hugely replayable. When I was playing Stardew Valley a lot recently, I was able to catch up on several podcasts.
>>
File: Nuclear Throne.png (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear Throne.png
76 KB, 1280x720
Obligatory Rougelikes/lites. Pic very fucking related it's basically all you need. Bought it to play for 10 minutes at a time and now have over 50 hours.
>>
Audio books or Netflix. Ragnarok Online right now.
>>
I also listened to Elantris while playing Demon Souls it was amazing
>>
>>335659489
WoW
Civ5
Endless Legend
D3 when season farming
>>
>>335659489
what've you been listening to, anon?
>>
>>335663938
Is this the game where your eyebrows are the healthbar?
>>
Red dead Redemption, especially while playing Blackjack, Poker and Liar's Dice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.