[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stalling the NX to 2017 and skipping E3 is the smartest thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: ce6mbWj6ZbjeiwB4d63nzU-970-80.jpg (41 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
ce6mbWj6ZbjeiwB4d63nzU-970-80.jpg
41 KB, 970x545
>implying the author isn't completely right

http://www.gamesradar.com/stalling-the-nx-to-2017-and-skipping-e3-is-the-smartest-thing-nintendo-has-done-in-years/

>No NX until March 2017. No NX at E3 2016. Zelda officially bumped to an (eventual) NX release, which will very probably lead to the Wii U version to being a 2017 release as well. Doom. Such doom, and additional gloom, and fair old dash of gleeful spite. Because Nintendo has fucked it, right? After a year that saw tentative NX excitement start to slowly, steadily grow from the cold, dead ground of the Wii U’s grossly curtailed life, Nintendo has just told you damn gawking kids to get off its lawn, concreted over the garden, gone inside, and pulled the shutters down, yes?

>No.

>No, Nintendo is being really, really smart right now, and doing exactly the right thing.
>>
File: Vy9dzsroCsE9hJy3ontu54-650-80.jpg (56 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
Vy9dzsroCsE9hJy3ontu54-650-80.jpg
56 KB, 650x365
>You see, the period between the Wii’s old age and the Wii U’s stumbling infancy has been a clattering shambles. We saw the rapid – yet strangely lingering – death of a console that sold to the masses as a profitable fad, but failed to sustain itself with the favour of the loyal once the transient crowd had hit and run to the next party. We saw a rushed, ill thought-out, confusingly presented follow-up that seemed desperate – yet strangely over-confident - in its attempt to snag the same, casual audience for a second time while also catering to the die-hards its predecessor had eventually spurned.

>The Wii U was a machine that initially felt purposeful, yet confused in its purpose, and entirely out of touch with what anyone in the real world wanted or needed. Nintendo seemed to have lost track of why its output – for the trend-driven Wii audience or its long-term fanbase – had resonated in the first place, having misplaced its direction in the fog of hype and unexpected success. It looked disorientated, and subsequently lurched along multiple paths in the hope that each might be the right one. Handheld hardware revisions with branding equally ambiguous to that which had muddied the 3DS’ messaging at launch, and straight murdered the Wii U. Last-ditch attempts to justify the Wii U’s control scheme by using it to ruin games that never needed it. Claims that it was never going to do mobile games, before doing just that.
>>
File: sAtmV58zgo6mQ3RqfxBTrd-650-80.jpg (36 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
sAtmV58zgo6mQ3RqfxBTrd-650-80.jpg
36 KB, 650x365
>All of these happenings tumbled out of Nintendo’s doors like brooms from an overstuffed closet. Throughout, the company’s comprehension of the bigger picture seemed to be running five minutes behind everyone else’s, each obvious mistake catching up with the one before it by way of a pace that felt as breathless as it felt like a slow-motion car crash. In short, the industry’s most celebrated house of ideas was behaving like a dog that had long-since forgotten why it had started chasing its own tail in the first place, and badly needed to be sent to its bed for a time-out.

>But it seems that that’s exactly what’s happening now. The NX reveal is not being rushed to fulfil arbitrary expectations, and neither is its release. The full games line-up is staying quiet during the period that the rest of the industry shouts the loudest, and will drop when there are more people to listen and properly understand. Financially and logistically, Nintendo can easily afford to wait, and so wait it will, until the circumstances are right to open a clear discussion of what increasingly feels like a fresh start. That’s fine by me, Nintendo. Take your time. Get this one right. I’m looking forward to hearing what you have to say. But many people seem to think this is the opposite of a positive thing, and that makes very little sense to me.
>>
It is a smart thing to do.

They will have a fuck ton of games ready by the NX release due to not releasing many in the 2 years before.
>>
>The thing is, this certainly isn’t the first time we’ve seen such a pattern in the behaviour of a major platform holder. It isn’t even the most prominent or egregious example we’ve seen recently. The first year of the Xbox One’s life was fuelled by misdirected hubris, intended to power a strategy that served neither Microsoft nor its audience well. The 180 degree back-track from beloved home of eclectic gaming to undesired, unnecessary TV platform – an idea dated into obsolescence as soon as Netflix took off – was pursued doggedly until the negative PR and ground lost to Sony became a roadblock that no amount of denial could assail. But then Microsoft took a step back, wiped away the dirt it had picked up along the way, and recharted its path with humility. And we praised the company for it.

>Sony, from 2006 until the moment it wised up, pushed the over-priced, under-performing PS3 with arrogance and a resolute lack of charm, seemingly happy to deal with the reality of its situation with blinkers alone. But eventually, the game quality went up, the price came down, and Sony turned around its fortunes by simply shutting up and letting the ever-increasing value of its console do the talking. By the end of the last generation, sales had evened out, the company was synonymous with unique games and critical plaudits, and it smoothly launched its next console into an ocean of goodwill.
>>
File: zLgviqvHaDdYvvWWxCZCZA-650-80.png (202 KB, 650x402) Image search: [Google]
zLgviqvHaDdYvvWWxCZCZA-650-80.png
202 KB, 650x402
>So why do we think it’s going to be any different for Nintendo? Why, in fact, do some of us not seem to want it to be different, responding to the news of a 2017 NX with resentment and no small amount of eye-rolling at how ‘typical Nintendo’ the move is - when in reality it’s actually rather a considered departure from the ‘typical’ we’ve seen over the last few years?

>Partly, I think it’s simply because the internet quickly forgets the good, acting all too fast to vilify the bad. It rushes to the hate parade, finding any in-road it can to celebrate its own ego by damning those who disappoint it. That’s no great revelation, of course. The long-standing behavioural trope was bound to flavour the initial response. But I think there’s more going on here.

>I think another factor may be that, rather than maintaining one, long-but-consistent screw-up, as its competitors have in the past, Nintendo’s erratic behaviour and run of inconsistent moves has led a lot of us to forget what it’s like when the company is focused. It’s led us to forget how good it can be. It’s a lot easier to compare an undesirable present to a much-loved past – thereby remembering said past all the more distinctly - when there’s a clear, direct comparison to be made. And to make simplified sense of the current, complex situation, the internet has unsurprisingly turned it into a broad-strokes meme. “Nintendo is disappointing and crazy” is an easy way to encapsulate things, certainly, but it’s also an easy way to erode one’s knowledge of what else it can be.
>>
>>335717667
>>335717774
>>335717873
>>335717969

Lots of buzzwords only for

>Nintendo will do fine this time guys!
>>
Clickbait evolved from attacking Nintendo to defending it
>>
File: AjqbefNQf5DLcy3n3iaeSQ-650-80.jpg (52 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
AjqbefNQf5DLcy3n3iaeSQ-650-80.jpg
52 KB, 650x365
>Because that’s the obvious - but often ignored - truth about disappointment: it’s only ever the product of hope subverted. And the NX really is a reason to be hopeful about Nintendo. Probably a bigger reason than we’ve had in the best part of a decade. If it does turn out to be the handheld/console hybrid that’s expected – which looks increasingly likely given the news that the Wii U’s Gamepad-equipped Zelda game will be ported – then it will immediately solve Nintendo’s long-standing problem of split development resources and inadequate rates of software output. And if it turns out to be as powerful as rumoured – word is that Nintendo is stepping back into the current-gen ring with processing to rival both the Xbox One and PS4 – then it could turn the industry on its head.

>And all of this is amplified by the fact that historically, Nintendo is always at its most exciting when it’s rebooting. That tends to only happen when the company’s back is undeniably against the wall, but it also tends to be when Nintendo thinks hard, digs deep, and brings its A-game in the most unexpected yet thrilling ways. See the 2005/2006 period that introduced us to the DS, the ‘Revolution’, and Reggie Fils-Aime, three concepts that seemed equally infeasible yet reignited the company with aplomb.
>>
>>335717879
I thought the same of the 3DS, which also coincidentally marched after the holidays.

How wrong we were.

If this 2016 drought is any consolation in comparison to last year's filler games, it feels as if Nintendo has learned nothing from 3DS onward.
>>
Nintendo would be fools to rush another console out without software, it's good to see some thought at least.
>>
>It feels like we might be close to another one of those events. So who cares if Nintendo executes it at E3 – a show that several big publishers have already left this year, rightly raising questions about the importance of the show, not the companies in question - or elsewhere, later down the line? Are we really going to demand that Nintendo reveals the off-kilter, Wonka-style creativity that we so love on a strict, industry mandated schedule, based on rules that no-one really made, based on tradition that exists just because? Are we going to claim doom because Nintendo seems to want to do its next era justice, starting it at the right time to give it the chance its predecessor never got?

>Apparently some of us are, but I’m certainly not.
>>
People will have forgotten who Nintendo are by 2017.
>>
>>335717969
>But then Microsoft took a step back, wiped away the dirt it had picked up along the way, and recharted its path with humility. And we praised the company for it.

Eh not really, they are still a piece of crap company. they pretty much lose this gen.
>>
>>335718160
>See the 2005/2006 period that introduced us to the DS, the ‘Revolution’, and Reggie Fils-Aime, three concepts that seemed equally infeasible yet reignited the company with aplomb.
Reggie is my favorite Nintendo console.
>>
I really don't get the over-reacting, you'd think they'd announced they're going full mobile or something by the way people are acting.
Absolutely ridiculous that a 2017 march release date and not being at E3 (nintendo has already backed away from E3 before to do their own thing, so that's nothing new) causes this much of a shitstorm.
>>
File: 1372471217883.jpg (130 KB, 530x692) Image search: [Google]
1372471217883.jpg
130 KB, 530x692
>releasing a console 9 months after at E3, the biggest gaming event in the world
>not showing off your latest console at E3
>smart

i dont know whos dumber, Nintendo or any idiot that could possibly think this is a benefit to Nintendo

Nintendo has got to be the dumbest company in the industry at this point
>>
ITT: Damage control at it's finest
>>
TL;DR version:

>Nintendo will do fine this guy! They have created great things in the past, don't forget about them!

I lose my time reading this shit article.
>>
>releasing a console with almost decade old tech, four years after everyone else
>>
>>335718523
E3 is outdated, you don't need E3 to get things out there to as many people as possible anymore, youtube, twitch, social media have made E3 pretty much obsolete. It's only tradition/sentimental value at this point.
>>
>>335717667

Tl;dr:
>le entitled gamers complaining again
>why don't you just buy everything like a good bitch?
>>
It's probably the worse thing they could do, they should just ride the WiiU out until they can't anymore
>>
>>335718523
This

Wanna know what will really happen OP?

Blizzard fades into further obscurity then it already is.

More people start giving less and less of a shit and even Nintendrones on /v/ are saying they've had enough. Nintendo is fucked if they keep this up
>Censoring games
>Game droughts between 6 months EACH
>Mediocre titles
>More focus on kids toys like Amiibos instead of actual games
>Rehashes out the ass

nintendo is quite literally doomed to fade into obscurity and take a huge dive into the mobile market in stead

Yakuza-san will only further move into the mobile market.
>>
>>335718478
The problem is that the ONLY thing we know about the NX is that it's been delayed. They shouldn't keep stringing people along like this, as many people (myself included) will just stop caring.
>>
File: Victory.png (6 KB, 311x300) Image search: [Google]
Victory.png
6 KB, 311x300
>>335718523

E3 is dying anon. Nintendo are smart for leaving the NX reveal for its own dedicated event later this year.
>>
File: 1328966696293.jpg (145 KB, 537x452) Image search: [Google]
1328966696293.jpg
145 KB, 537x452
>>335718478
The thing is their chance to grab the normie / casual audience (which let's face it, those are the money makers they want in the long run) at E3, and they're missing the boat.

Not only that, but tied with that, the fact that Zelda U will be the only playable game spells negative news for Wii U owners since the only retail games of interest we know that are for sure coming out this year from this point for 2016 are:

>TMS#FE
>Paper Mario Color Splash
>maybe Pikmin 4

It seems they're bent on riding the wave of Pokemon Sun & Moon and 3rd party 3DS game purchases, but for Wii U owners, we'll face another huge drought (of which the platform is known for having several).

Hope there are some surprise announcements for holiday 2016 because it looks to me like there may only be 2 holiday releases (Paper Mario and Pikmin 4) compared to previous years' releases of upwards of 5-6 games (though last year had some filler releases in the form of Mario Tennis and Animal Crossing Amiibo party).

Pic related is mfw another drought.
>>
>>335717667
First stage: Denial
>>
File: 1450363310509.jpg (243 KB, 1034x958) Image search: [Google]
1450363310509.jpg
243 KB, 1034x958
>>335719050
>Blizzard

Holy fuck I mean nintendo sorry I'm waiting in que for Kronos II
>>
>>335719107
>$10 has been added to your account, from Reggie
>>
>>335719107
You are an imbecile

E3 is still one of the biggest and most important events in the world
>>
>>335718134
Pretty much this. Gotta stick with the contentious opinions to get those clicks.

>If it does turn out to be the handheld/console hybrid that’s expected...then it will immediately solve Nintendo’s long-standing problem of split development resources and inadequate rates of software output

I don't know how anyone can make this claim after witnessing the failure of the Vita. The Vita sold itself on the ability to play games closer to their console counterparts and got absolutely buttfucked because as it turns out the public would rather have games built around being portable than a downgraded Uncharted. A handheld necessarily needs to be gimped in the interest of battery life and heat dissipation.

To address the point of release schedules though, that's never been Nintendo's problem. Nintendo's problem is that it can't play nice with third parties because its hardware is weaker and more difficult to work with. They couldn't get people to develop for the Wii U because of needing to work in a touch screen somewhere, and I don't need to do much more than point you in the direction of the Wii U's first two years to show you what to expect when a publisher is asked to release a game for weaker, less popular systems. Imagine telling developers that they have to make what's essentially an entirely second game to run on the handheld portion with all the limitations that entails. That's just plain not going to happen.

Basically, the author is an idiot and so is anyone who puts stock in this idea.
>>
>people complaining about click bait while OP greentexts the whole article.

You tried man, OP was not a faggot today.
>>
>>335717879
LITERALLY the same shit Nintendofags said about Wii->Wii U.

Nintendo need to oursource games, and at the same time NX better not be a gimmick console.
>>
I really wish people would stop getting paid by the word
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 736x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 736x366
>>335719107
>E3 is dying anon.

Yet more people are watching and paying attention to it every year thanks to sites like twitch.

Just accept it that Nintendo has made yet another retarded decision.
>>
>>335719050
Thank fuck someone's actually said it. The whole 6 month issue has been really fucking annoying, plus the fact that all of the games are still, what, $60, even though most came out over a year ago?
>>
File: I have seen some shit.jpg (21 KB, 379x279) Image search: [Google]
I have seen some shit.jpg
21 KB, 379x279
>>335718523
>E3
>Still relevant

Nigga please

And you know what pisses me off the most?

What is exactly the necessity of shoving and announcing a console on every fucking E3? What if they just want to keep it quiet a little bit longer and develop it in quiet? But no, suddenly it became a fucking requirement to announce consoles always at a E3. It's just as stupid to expect a ton load of fresh new games in E3 when really, HD development now requires far much development time than games that didn't had such a graphical leap. Games don't just magically appear out of thin air in one freaking year, it all happens with long development cycles.

Let them fucking have their time for once.

Jesus.
>>
>>335719135
That first year drought was the fucking worse
Sure you had launch stuff like NSMBU, Nintendoland and ZombiU but the ports were way too much but by the time that Rayman delay came out it was fucking brutal. Those shitty cheap VC games did not help at all.
Though it's much easier to deal with a drought now knowing we just recently got new content on Smash and Splatoon along with Starfox and that humble bundle.
>>
>hurr e3 is not important anymore

You say this because it's Nintendo, if Sony or Microsoft didn't assist you would say that they're going die soon
>>
File: 1409176570321.png (468 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1409176570321.png
468 KB, 640x480
>>335719107
>E3 is dying
>>
E3 is a big event that's covered by a variety of news outlet. It isn't just IGN or Gamestop that reports on the announcements that day.

Nintendo skipping it in favor for what I assume is going to be a Nintendo Direct is a bad idea
>>
>>335718523

>E3
>worth a shit

Come on now this has to be bait at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9btmLCk_eM
>>
>>335719576
Pretty much this

Just imagine if Sony or MS only focus on one single game at e3

People here would be crushing and insulting them

But i guess it's ok when..
>>
Here's the thing: we don't know what the NX is, at all.
>>
>>335719323
The Vita had a lot more problems than you lead on to, which Nintendo could potentially avoid.
>>
>>335719693
It's a successor to the Wii U. If it is capable of playing the same Zelda as the Wii U, then it's going to be a replacement of some sort.
>>
File: 1452981877860.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452981877860.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1080
>defending Nintendo as they're bait and switching you with a $300 piece of shit
>>
>>335719693
Well considering that Zelda Wii U is coming to the NX, it's safe to assume that it's a home console.
>>
File: link-confused.jpg (19 KB, 298x348) Image search: [Google]
link-confused.jpg
19 KB, 298x348
>>335719693
Exactly, why should we give a rat's ass about anything about the NX until we see it?
>>
>>335719640
What is this suppose to prove? e3 cringe is a tradition by now

Are you forgetting about GIANT ENEMY CRAB?
>>
>>335717667
We have known about the NX for years now, people just want to know what the NX actually is. Add in that games are being moved over to the NX, like Zelda which was obviously delayed for the NX, people are in the "just announce this shit already" phase.
>>
>>335717667

I don't see what the big deal either. All Nintendo has to do is make sure they reveal it before November so they can get pre-orders started then.
>>
>>335717667

I'm not sure about the E3 portion, but delaying NX is smart, because it is pretty much almost assured that they will be sourcing from AMD like Sony and Microsoft for their processors to run the console. But because AMD Zen won't start shipping until then, and it's leagues better than Jaguar which is pretty trash tier right now, they will have to pretty much burn cash or just "hang in there" until the time arrives.

Unlike Sony, they don't have to rush and catch the VR train now ASAP or lose to Occulus, which I think will still happen. The wait will be worth it for everyone involved, developers and gamers alike.
>>
I think E3 is a great deal of hype for some people, and there is absolutely no reason to skip it. But a new consoles reveal is not suited to E3. At this point E3 is essentially a flip a coin to see if the reveal they hype is worth shit. All of the presentations last year, ESPECIALLY Nintendos were a garbage can where 50 percent of all releases were dogshit, granted we got some great stuff from all the companies, save Ubisoft, Bethesda and EA because they are pseudo-games companies, but this decision isnt black or white good or bad. Its just a choice.

This could go well for them, this could go poorly, stop imagining that it has to be one or the other.
>>
>>335719663
It's funny because that's already happened, well once you got through the multiplats and ports
>>
>>335718523
I also remind you that we're talking about the company which delayed Yoshi's Wooly World for four months in the US with the explanation that no one buys games in spring/summer yet expects to successfully launch a new console in March.
>>
>>335719793
So you must like the Xbone because its the only console that doesn't do it right?
>>
>>335719135
Normie/casuals don't give as much of a shit about E3 as you think they do, in fact it's very much the opposite, it's games-centric people that care about E3.
Nintendo can just do a livestream on twitch and youtube and reach just as many, if not more, casuals and normies.

No shit there's lack of support for the Wii U, the console is on it's dying legs, it was destined to die early right out the gate because of poor naming/marketing that couldn't really be undone, or wasn't worth trying to undo instead of just making something new.
>>
File: i want to believe.png (580 KB, 600x928) Image search: [Google]
i want to believe.png
580 KB, 600x928
>>335718263
>>335718160
>>335718065
>>335717873
>>335717774
>>335717667
>>
File: What The Fuck Am I Reading.jpg (25 KB, 534x444) Image search: [Google]
What The Fuck Am I Reading.jpg
25 KB, 534x444
>>335717879
I honestly don't think a 4 month period is going to get that many more games ready for launch.

I swear to god, there better be some killer apps on Day One, because as a lifelong Nintendofan and fan of the Wii U's library, this is such a retarded move that it makes me not want to get a NX.
>>
>>335719786
>replacement of some sort.
That's what I'm getting at. It will probably play games in some fashion -- the end. We don't know anything else. We don't even know if AMD is supplying the chip set, we're just assuming they are.

And didn't they just indicate that NX is a new kind of "third pillar" platform?
>>
>>335719973
When did that happen?
>>
>>335719825
Problem being a game that was promised a 2015 release was delayed into 2016 and then delayed again into 2017 just so it could launch with the new platform.

This means that Wii U owners will have to be hit with another drought for this holiday season unless you really love the new Paper Mario and potentially Pikmin 4 / other surprise releases (which would be surprising since they won't have demo units for people to get hands on).

I'm doubtful of too big of any surprises thanks to the announcement that only Zelda U would be playable on the floor.
>>
>>335718457
Reggie is one of Nintendo's biggest problems.
>>
>>335720028
>Normie/casuals don't give as much of a shit about E3 as you think they do
How stupid can you be? Normies dont watch the E3 steams, but E3 reveals and news is going to be posted on their go to game news website
>>
>>335719786
Hyrule Warriors says otherwise
>>
>>335717667
im a nintendofag and this is as delusional as berniefags thinking he still has a chance
>>
>>335717667
>>335717774
>>335717873
>>335717969
>>335718065
>STRONG NINTENDO FAN DELUSION
same as
>wiiu games are shit because they are making everything for NX
pure delusion from the mind of a nintendrone.
>>
>>335720028
The problem with that you see is that current Wii U owners lose confidence since Nintendo has stated before that they learned their lessons with droughts and that's clearly not the case.
>>
File: 129791361359.jpg (13 KB, 166x185) Image search: [Google]
129791361359.jpg
13 KB, 166x185
>stall your console until early next year
>don't market it at all during e3, the biggest place to announce your shit

The disconnect between Nintendo and reality is reaching Poe's Law tier of absurd.
>>
File: dusty-wiiu.jpg (64 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dusty-wiiu.jpg
64 KB, 640x360
>>335720160
>Pikmin 4

That game is fucking obvious to be a NX game

Why would they release a Pikmin game on their shitty dying piece of shit console?
>>
>>335717667
He's not right? Yeah let's get the huge masses of consumers who will get xbox or ps4 after e3 for the big games they just confirmed are coming!!?

Fucking retards
>>
The only magical thing Nintendo could put out there to solve all these problems in this article is a goddamned smartphone and/or a smartphone controller, and consumers won't want a Nintendo-branded smartphone.

Unless the NX is an attaché to any and every smartphone that allows for more in depth gaming experiences while also being ACTUALLY POCKET PORTABLE, I don't see any silver lining here.
>>
>>335719780
True, the Vita may have been salvaged if not for its overpriced memory cards, but we can't use lack of support as an explanation for the Vita's death. The Vita received western support for the first year or so of its life with such big name titles as Call of Duty and Fifa, and the general response from the public was lukewarm because they could play the same game but better on a home console.

In truth, my first parallel was between the NX rumors and the Game Gear. But so much has changed since then that I wasn't confident in that comparison.
>>
>Nintendo completely skips out on E3 except for one game
>E3 ISN'T RELEVANT ANYWAYS
>>
>>335717667
I wish these people would get paid for how many words they don't use. Get to the fucking point
>>
File: wii u2 gamepad.jpg (71 KB, 580x352) Image search: [Google]
wii u2 gamepad.jpg
71 KB, 580x352
EXCLUSIVE LEAK

NX GAMEPAD
>>
File: What.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
What.png
258 KB, 549x560
>>335720065
>4 month period
>>
>>335719350
>LITERALLY the same shit Nintendofags said about Wii->Wii U.
what? Everybody aggreed the WiiU was rushed, including nintendo.Miyamoto himself admitted it in and interview, that the console didn't meet their original idea because they felt that it needed to be released earlier.
Ironically that rush wasn't needed, and stalling the wii for another year would ahve worked because the competition wasn't ready, either.
>>
>>335720297
I imagine that they wouldn't just have Paper Mario solely to cover Wii U's holiday season so a port to NX is possible, but I wouldn't doubt a Wii U releases this holiday either.

Which is what they SHOULD have done for Zelda U given Aonuma recently stated that they were far along in progress of the game, but I digress.
>>
>>335720396
It's all buzzwords and kind words, but it has no real content.
>>
>>335720171
Any video game news by a company like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, especially one about a new console is going to be posted on their go to game news website you absolute retard.
>>
>>335719271
And Nintendo won't be there.

The only good video game company left, Sony, will blow everyone the
fuck out at E3 and sell 200 million units by the end of the year.

Nintendo is bowing out and Microsoft is nonexistent. Sony literally dominates all.
And with the PS4K, they will sell 50 million units by the end of the year.
>>
File: 1461452669329.png (32 KB, 271x243) Image search: [Google]
1461452669329.png
32 KB, 271x243
>we're not going to talk about our new console at E3 even though it releases 9 months later
>also we're delaying that one game you've been waiting for until the new console releases
>in the mean time here's more physical DLC
Imagine if it was Sony saying this. But no, it's literally okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>335720542
Why are you defending them? Why are you soooo mad????
>>
He is right but this board absolutely hates nintendo so whatever they do they would have gotten shitposted just as much
>>
>>335720273
Why do current Wii U owners expect Nintendo to keep supporting a flop?
>>
>>335720491
Yeah and what do they have at E3? Zero news

fucking retard
>>
>>335720423
>australian

Nice try Anon but we all know Nintendo is from China
>>
>>335720542
>B-b-but SONY!!!!!!!!
Get fucked child
>>
>>335720542
Everybody is jumping E3's ship. though.
>>
>>335720638
>WAH WAH THE INTERNET IS BULLYING MY FAVORITE COMPANY MOOOOOMM
>>
>>335719271
No it isnt are you retarded, nobody cares about it anymore
>>
File: transphobic.jpg (395 KB, 836x1916) Image search: [Google]
transphobic.jpg
395 KB, 836x1916
yeah, skipping E3 this year is the smartest thing Nintendo can do.

and if they skip next year's E3 too, that'll be twice as smart.

and if they never show up to E3 again, wew lad, Nintendo's got an IQ of 160!
>>
What it they predict a huge VR enthusiasm for Christmas, and are waiting for post purchase disappointment to pretend their stuff? Think about it. This E3 will be all VR too. We know they don't target it for now. So it make some sense.
>>
>>335720740
here's your (you)
>>
>>335720648
Because that's what they keep addressing, following these reports, anon.

How do you expect to keep a loyal consumer base that would be happy to move onto the next platform if you don't provide them with confidence of at least one release every other month?

It's not like they have 3rd party support to fall back on as of right now after all.
>>
>>335720725
Are you ok?
I dont even like nintendo that much
>>
>>335720652
So? Why do they have to get the news out at E3?
Do video game news sites not operate outside of E3? Mongoloid.
>>
>>335719854

Fun E3s were tradition, cringe E3 is what you are used to NOW since i'ts FUCKING SHIT.

there's a big difference famalam
>>
>>335720028
E3 is watched by mostly normies. Are you one of those normy beta shut ins that think you're a hxc gamer?
>us gamers right?
>>
>>335720648
Because only retards and children bought a Wii U in the first place. The Ninty fans I know IRL wouldn't touch a Wii U with a pole, but they're all excited that Zelda is coming to NX so they don't have to buy a Wii U.
>>
>>335720747
God that e3 was fucking shit

they showed off star fox tho so thats a plus I guess
>>
>>335720774
>millions of retards crying cause they wasted a bunch of money into some oversized goggles that play Wii games
>Nintendo announces an actual console with tons of great games
Brilliant!
>>
>>335720834
You made your reply to defend Nintendo, that says a lot about you
>>
>>335720902
I don't know who are those retards you know, but they're no real Nintendo fans if they're willingly skipping all the great games the U has.
>>
>>335720961
That Im not a shitposter?
I wasnt defending anyone just stating my opinion
It seems that you have to shit on nintendo like its some meme now and I dont find memes funny
>>
>>335720938
>Nintendo announces an actual console with tons of great games

Can I borrow your crystal ball man?
>>
>>335720638
This board is 1/3 nintentoddlers
>>
>>335720787
So let me get this straight, you want them to support a flop, with first party titles, enough that there is a game every month or every other month, on top of making a new console, with first party titles for said new console, all at the same time?
You don't think it makes more sense to move projects to the NX instead of wasting resources on a flop console?
>>
File: 1466541513459.png (857 KB, 939x526) Image search: [Google]
1466541513459.png
857 KB, 939x526
>>335720106
Yeah, just like when they said how the DS was a third pillar.
>>
File: 1436483225139.jpg (184 KB, 653x668) Image search: [Google]
1436483225139.jpg
184 KB, 653x668
>>335720747
>amiibo festival
>fed force
>not-sticker star

Nintendo's been going over the top to generate as much asspain as possible lately.
>>
>>335721047
>I'M NEUTRAL BUT STOP SHITTING ON NINTENDO PLEASE

>>335721098
You're one of them
>>
File: funky barn.gif (3 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
funky barn.gif
3 MB, 636x358
>>335720927
>they showed off star fox tho so thats a plus I guess

shame it was underwhelming and short as fuck

DO A BARRER RORR
>>
File: 1461546294078.jpg (427 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1461546294078.jpg
427 KB, 1543x1360
>>335718523
Daily reminder E3 is fucking shit now
all it has is forced memes, abstract trailers that don't show anything, cringeworthy performances, thousands of sports, AND A FUCKING INTERVIEW WITH PELE JESUS CHRIST KILL THAT EVENT ALREADY
>>
File: e3 2015.png (69 KB, 904x742) Image search: [Google]
e3 2015.png
69 KB, 904x742
>>335720927
too bad Star Fox is a star failure.
>>
>>335721083
Nah, man, I need it to check out the launch lineup. I can see a new Metroid Prime.
>>
pikmin is literally irrelevant whether it comes out for nx or otherwise. nobody buys consoles for pikmin. so fuck that game

The big problem with wii u was the fucking awful launch titles. That system actually launched with nintendo land and nsmb. what the fuck?

If the nintendo make the same mistake with nx then I don't know what to say. They've got zelda already which is a good start. but they NEED a big mario or mario kart for launch. and they need something else too. super mario sunshine hd would do well and be relatively easy to make. just please don't launch it with pikmin
>>
I find it odd people see delaying the nx as a desperation move
>>
Nintendo is trying to build 2017 into making another year like 2014 was for them.

Shame about 2015/2016 tho, it's been dreadfully dull for my WiiU.

I can only play Mario Maker so much
>>
>all these sonygger console warriors itt
Where did these guys come from?
>>
>>335721220
When was it ever confirmed that the NX was delayed to begin with? As far as we know, this March 2017 release date is the first official release date we've gotten.
>>
>>335717667
The Zelda thing is what gets me the most. Whilst i never did, a lot of people probably bought a Wii U for Zelda, and now they're seeing it'll be on NX too, probably a better version too, and will feel pretty ripped off. There's also nothing stopping them from doing this again. Promise things and then move onto the next platform and do it all there. I'll have to see what the NX is like, but jumping ship just doesn't seem so good already
>>
>>335721220
It's because we know nothing about it, and won't know anything for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>335721231
How new are you? This board only talks about non-Nintendo games and events.

Any mention of Nintendo in a thread allows for merciless beatdown of those REJECTS
>>
>>335720442
Between Christmas and March, I'd imagine. But we already have a precedent as to what happens when you release a console four months before games are completed. Saturnday.
>>
>>335721231
What else can they do? They still don't have games to play.
>>
WiiU = Saturn
NX = Dreamcast

t. Nintenyearolds
>>
>>335720638
Its just typical summer sonyggers and the rapid influx of liberals.
>>
>>335721365
It's April. It isn't summer. Anywhere.
>>
>>335719271

>one of the most important events in the world

I don't think E3 is dying like some people posted, but this is ridiculous.
>>
File: 2016-04-27_16-28-16.png (516 KB, 757x937) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-27_16-28-16.png
516 KB, 757x937
RED ALERT

A special bulletin has been intercepted from the central Nintendo command center:

>Dear Loyal Fan,
>Many online are criticizing our decision to not bring anything to E3 this year. It is your duty to tell them to defend us by telling them that E3 is dying, E3 is insignificant, and E3 isn't a major event any more.
>Live long and prosper, and may the triforce be with you! My body is ready XDD

Wow, that was a weird special bulletin from Nintendo. Are amiibofags getting paid to shill for them online? At least Hillary's Super PAC pays her online shills.
>>
>>335721231
>console warriors
>when this thread was made by one

What am I reading?
>>
>>335721359
Yeah, Nintendo has so many games! Like Mario #125000 and Splatoon and- SHIT THATS IT
>>
File: IT'S TIME.jpg (27 KB, 800x125) Image search: [Google]
IT'S TIME.jpg
27 KB, 800x125
We did it, /v/...We won...
>>
>>335721231
>someone criticize my dear shitty company

>WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SONYGGERS?

Fucking drones man

KYS
>>
>>335719271
It sure is, gramps :^)
>>
>>335721429
There are many planets in the universe, Anon. It is summer somewhere.
>>
File: 1401458253806.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1401458253806.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>335721223
>Nintendo is trying to build 2017 into making another year like 2014 was for them.

One year of mild success with two years of sales so bad they need to wheel out another console? I don't think they could afford to come up with a new console if the NX tanks like it's probably going to.
>>
>>335721107
They could've easily spaced out their releases like so:

>January: TPHD
>March: Pokken
>May: Star Fox Zero
>July: TSM#FE
>Agust: Paper Mario Color Splash
>October: Pikmin 4
>November / December: Zelda U

There.

7 retail games throughout the year with only 8 weeks between releases.

Feel free insert more as necessary.

>You don't think it makes more sense to move projects to the NX instead of wasting resources on a flop console?

If they can port Zelda U while still releasing it on Wii U, why can't they port the other releases and have NX ports too?

From the Emily Rodgers leaks, they're already working on Smash 4, Splatoon, Mario Maker and I can't remember the 4th game right now.

Most of her information leaks have been on point so far (including today's "news about NX").
>>
>>335721363
The entire reason the dreamcast failed was because of the ps2 being a dvd player as well as a console what is going to be the nxs ps2?
>>
>>335721357
This victim complex holy fuck

This board is mostly made by PC and Nintendo fans so stop pretending you're being oppressed
>>
>>335721482
Sick memes, bro!
>>
>>335721550
How are they gonna release Pikmin 4 before the NX even launches?

If you think Pikmin 4 isn't going to release for the NX, then you're retarded.
>>
if the nx launch needs to be absolutely fantastic or nintendo is fucking gone
>>
>>335721550
>Pikmin 4

We alreadt talked about this idiot

Pikmin 4 is a NX tgame
>>
>>335721220
It's nothing more than the idiots that bought the Wii U flinging shit because they need to suppress the buyers remorse.
>>
>>335718523
E3 is for normies.

You know this.
>>
>>335721593
>Sony is a victim
Nintendo is a victim of its own incompetence

See >>335721678 who can't stop crying because he bought a Wii U
>>
>>335721451
>>335721518
It is though
>>
>>335721170
The puppets were vindicated in retrospect though. They didn't want to show the emaciated, cancer-stricken Iwata in his last two months of life.
>>
Literally ok when Nintendo does it: The Thread
>>
>>335721559
that wasn't the entire reason
>>
>>335717667
>Skipping E3
Every year. Every fucking year.

They had more floor space than anyone else at E3 last year, but I guess since they're not doing a press conference they're not at E3?
>>
>>335721223
>Shame about 2015/2016 tho, it's been dreadfully dull for my WiiU.
Isn't that how every Nintendo console ever has been? They make a shitload of promises when the console is new, pretty much all the games come out in the first year, and then after that it's absolutely nothing until the next console is released?
>>
>>335721083
well they stated the delay was to get games ready. so it's possible they are aiming to get more than mario and zelda on release. Maybe the "full nintendo" on launch, with mario kart, mario, zelda and smash. Or spla2n. Or some pity cheap third party like fifa 2017 or assass creed.
>>
>>335721220
I find it odd people just assumed that when Nintendo announced their next console was called the NX and that was all they told us that it meant it would be releasing in a year
>>
>>335721650
>>335721654
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/82705/20150907/pikmin-4-coming-soon-likely-launching-on-wii-u-rather-than-nintendo-nx-console.htm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/07/pikmin-4-very-close-to-completion-says-miyamoto

>close to completion back in September 2015

You expect them to have a barren release for holiday 2015 or something?

Of course it'll likely get a port but to have a likely developed for Wii U title ready and waiting to be released and not release it would be silly.
>>
>>335721879
They aren't gonna release their full "nintendo" games at launch

Maybe some first and second party games along with some third parties and that's it.
>>
>>335721550
Oh, so you don't actually want more games you just want flavor of the months.

The only reason they're doing it with Zelda U is because it is fucking codenamed Zelda U, the outrage would be crazy if that happened.
Those other titles were already done and released before this limbo period.
Unless you're suggesting they should just release Zelda U regardless of the state it is in.
>>
>>335721231
2014/15 when this place became Nintendogaf and reminded everyone that Nintendo diehards are annoying pathetic waifufags.

The people that only buy Nintendo are fucking weird. Never trust them unless they're idorts
>>
>>335721828
the problem was the wii u had no big games for the first 2 years. It was like even nintendo couldn't be bothered with the wii u from day one. I kept expecting nintendo to announce some AAA system seller any minute, but it never came and the star fox e3 was the nail in the coffin
>>
File: Nintendo.webm (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo.webm
1 MB, 320x240
>All this Nintoddler damage control
>were less than a year away from the NX being released and they've literally shown us no games, or even the console
>passing up on the one chance to build hype for your brand new product
>>
>>335722009
>You expect them to have a barren release for holiday 2015 or something?

They have the Pokemon games for holidays

Wii U is done and gone.
>>
>>335721828
>They make a shitload of promises when the console is new, pretty much all the games come out in the first year, and then after that it's absolutely nothing until the next console is released?
No? Game releases fall off a bit toward the end for every console, but games only in the first year? Most of the good games don't come until at least a year in, launch titles usually suck.

>>335722009
Hey, Ubisoft did it.
>>
File: 1409684010497.jpg (31 KB, 420x443) Image search: [Google]
1409684010497.jpg
31 KB, 420x443
>>335722009
Yes, I do. I fully expect them to keep the Wii U starved. What's gonna happen? Are they gonna sell less Wii Us now? It's being saved as an NX exclusive, mate. Use your brain cells.
>>
>>335717667
What fucking reason could a big gaming company have to skip an E3 conference? Even if they had to hire a circus to do a juggle show instead of talk about games, it would still be better than nothing. It's like telling somebody outright that you have nothing to say. No coverage, no speculations, no coverage, nothing. Do they seriously expect to sell anything next year with this strategy?
>>
>>335721828
>2014
>WiiU's first year

First year of sales maybe
>>
>>335722103
SAVAGE
>>
>>335721959
I mean you got a point most people have an exremely unrealistic idea of how long it takes to release a thing
>>
>>335717667
>>335717873
>>335717969
>>335718065
Delusion: The post
>>
>>335722042
Well, both Zelda U were supposed to be released by holiday of 2015 and Star Fox got hit with huge delays and still ended up falling short of expectations.

At this point in time, I've set my expectations low for Nintendo's delivery of products although I've enjoyed what SF0 has to offer.

It still puzzles me how it has less overall content compared to both of its predecessors of the same story when it has more potential and was delayed quite heavily.

What were even the point of the delays besides some graphical umph?
>>
>>335722103
>damage control
How ironic.

The past year we've had nothing but
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wii U is DEAD NX 2016 HAHAHAHAHA
>NINTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH HAHAHAHA
>yfw you bought a dead console

And now that NX is confirmed to not be coming this year and Wii U is still getting releases, it's "damage control"?

Silly, just silly.
>>
>in before reveal at gamescom

Would love to see that, but it seems unlikely.
>>
>>335722103
Fuck Nintendo
>>
File: 1460225974248.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1460225974248.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
Did people really think they were going to have a big presence at E3? Nintendo has already made it clear plenty of times before that they're moving to Nintendo Treehouse/Direct method of announcing/showing things. You fuckers should have known this from last year.
>>
>>335717667
I don't know why /v/ hasn't considered it and started creating threads with ebin reaction images. In fact, everything is going according to how we speculated before, 2017 release will clock Wii U's 5 year cycle and Zelda is getting Twilight Princess treatment.
>>
File: 1461250964956.png (32 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
1461250964956.png
32 KB, 808x805
>>335722103
n-no! d-dont you understand? e3 is not a big event anymore! no one cares about it! no one even goes there! this is actually really smart move from n-nintendo! kotaku wrote an article about it you should read it!
>>
Nintendo is probably hoping to release the NX with zelda, a proper 3D mario, and maybe ports like smash 4 with improved graphics/new characters/etc, that would make it a solid console at launch.

If they literally release the thing with nothing but zelda it will be hilarious.
>>
>>335719530
They should always reveal their new consoles on E3 because....because...it's exciting..?

Seriously though, they said (somewhere) that they'd show us the NX thus E3, but they changed their minds. That's not such a big deal considering Nintendo Directs allow them to have an E3 whenever the fuck they want, but Zelda's delay really kills me when we have only a couple other games coming to Wii U this year. What the hell am I supposed to do while I wait for March (besides playing PS4 games)? The only way they can turn that around is if they had a few still hidden projects ready to be announced at E3. I agree with the article for the most part, but I'm still kinda disappointed overall.
>>
>>335722283
>The WiiU is still getting releases

what a meme

so

lets list those WiiU titles for the rest of 2016

here I'll start

Paper Mario Color Splash
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
Why are people saying E3 is irrelevant? It's such a huge event and keeps increasing each year.
>>
File: Behance_BobRoss.png (1 MB, 1000x1134) Image search: [Google]
Behance_BobRoss.png
1 MB, 1000x1134
>>335722346
this is what an intelligent company would do, but we are talking about nintendo. they will launch with zelda NX version and some mii sports type garbage.
>>
>>335722306
Are you mad that Treehouse betrayed you? Are you crying?
>>
File: 144836938237.jpg (34 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
144836938237.jpg
34 KB, 500x273
>>335722283
>Wii U is still getting releases
>>
>>335722440
refer to this >>335721453

the nintendo central command center told their army of autists to go out and say e3 is dead.
>>
>>335722440
Damage Control.

And a correction. It's a Sony event. No one cares what any other company shows there, unless its on the PS4.
>>
>>335722456
What? That doesn't even make any sense.
Please stop gargling cock and speak english.
>>
>>335722306
Nobody's upset about that.

They're upset about the implications that Zelda U will have the largest of their show.

I remember half of Treehouse streams in 2014 consisting of Sm4sh.

If Zelda is the only playable game on location, what will they have to show for in their Treehouse stream besides 3DS games and TMS#FE?

Paper Mario I guess.
>>
>>335721559
Back in the day, Sony was telling people to not buy a dreamcast instead wait a year or two and the PS2 will blow it out of the water.

I wonder if Sony announced anything hardware related recently...

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sources-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed-ne/1100-5437/
>>
>>335720297
Honestly, I want Pikmin 4 on the Wiiu, just so I can play it as soon as possible and be done with nintendo.
>>
>>335722440
Its the latest excuse for diehard nintoddlers to spam.

Because this shit only started the moment it was confirmed Nintendo wasn't showing the NX at E3
>>
>>335722556
How many censored games will you choke on before you see the light?
>>
>>335722346
>and maybe ports like smash 4 with improved graphics/new characters/etc, that would make it a solid console at launch.
I will be absolutely livid if they do this, I do not want NX to be flooded with ports and rereleases like fucking PS4/Xbone. I bought a Wii U pretty much just for Smash, I'll be fucking pissed if they release a better version.
>>
>>335722283

Yes, that either suck or don't warrant keeping the console, like seriously what are you gonna play the month #FE or Sticker Star 2?
>>
>>335722009
>Believing Miyamoto when he talks about a game's progress
>>
>>335722283
The "damage control" come from people suggesting that this is a smart decision, to not promote the system they're selling which their audience knows NOTHING about.

And can you name the titles coming out on the Wii U in 2016, besides the recently released Star Fox Zero?
>>
>>335721690
Guess what audience is needed to sell a fucking console
>>
>>335722574
Except the specs of Dreamcast was well known before it was released.
>>
>>335721047
>shitposter
Damn Anon back at it with the downvotes
>>
>>335722306

It really goes to show they are scared of being compared to sony and microsoft because they got nothing. I bet your ass they will go back to having a normal E3 presentation when they can show the NX
>>
>GamesRadar
No thanks.

Used to be my main site for game news and discussion but since 2012 it's been a BuzzFeed-esque shithole.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 600x400
>DUDE E3 IS DYING LMAO
>NINTENDO NOT SHOWING THEIR NEXT SYSTEM AT THE BIGGEST VIDYA TRADE SHOW IS SUPER SMART GUIS

It's hilarious to see people actual defending Nintendo's decisions.
>>
>>335722649
Ah, I get it, my post offhandedly mentioned the word Treehouse and it triggered you.
I apologize for using such offensive words and triggering you, I need to remember that this is a safe space.
>>
Every successful console of the last 20 years has launched during the months leading up to the christmas season.

This is bad bad bad timing.
>>
>>335721193
>I don't like Pikmin, so others surely don't either!
>>
>>335717667
>gamesradar took over cheatplanet.com
I'm still mad.
>>
File: 1458781407408.jpg (114 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1458781407408.jpg
114 KB, 500x667
>>335719530
Get your head out of your ass. It's not impossible to put together a presentation for an upcoming title for the largest videogaming expo on the planet once a year. The fact that they are failing to present any info on an upcoming console shows that they have no confidence in it, plain and simple.

Give them time? Give them fucking time? They've had four goddamn years and they've done nothing but sit on their laurels and pump one misshapen turd after another out their aging asses. They're going to crash and burn, and they're going to deserve it.
>>
>>335719629
The exact same places report on Nintendo directs
>>
>>335722440
Because it's becoming less and less relevant every year, social media and places like Youtube make it easier and cheaper to get information out to customers. Lots of publishers, not just Nintendo, have been scaling back their presence at E3, it's not worth the cost anymore.

E3 has always been a trade show, it's for the industry and the press and the gaming press has also been less and less relevant in recent years, again because of social media and more accessible/varied ways to spread information.

>>335722535
>>335722542
>>335722601
See above and pull your fingers out of your ears. The industry as a whole is shifting, we don't need huge bloated events to make big announcements anymore and other publishers have been scaling back.
>>
>>335722804
Neither EA nor Activision are making conferences. It is dying, pal. Face the facts.
>>
>>335721365
>>335721539
can't ya dumb homeschoolers stay off /v/ while your mom's not looking?
>>
>>335722664

They have to, though. They've already spent too many resources on smash 4 which literally ended development this year, when is the NX going to get its own smash game?
>>
>>335722856
Didn't 360 and the fucking PS2 launch in the spring? Pretty sure PS2 came out March 2000.
>>
>>335722778

You are shitting on her for pedophilia? Pedophilia is the one thing nobody wants to talk about.
>>
>>335723073
That's because they're now Sony-exclusive devs and will present under Sony
>>
File: Wii U lineup.jpg (13 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Wii U lineup.jpg
13 KB, 400x225
>>335722283

Yeah bro, Look at this wonderful lineup
>>
>>335722998
>>335723073
>ITS NOT SHILLING
>not a single person has EVER suggested that E3 was irrelevant until the news that Nintendo has no intentions of unveiling the NX at it

Keep cryin' Nintoddlers.
>>
>>335722736
We do have heavy speculation and Nintendo's history of relying on cheaper & proven technology instead of experimental/new technology

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/66299/20150706/nintendo-nx-will-not-be-as-powerful-as-the-ps4-and-why-you-should-not-believe-july-2016-launch-rumors.htm
>>
>>335722998
>the industry is shifting because faggots who buy little mcdonalds toys amiibos say so

yea, i agree. you autists belong in another industry, like the toys r us trade show or something.
>>
>>335717667
>>335717774
>>335717873
>>335717969
Except Nintendo is still struggling with HD game development
>>
>>335723157
Yes, because PC is irrelevant in 2016.
>>
File: buh_bye_wiiu.png (25 KB, 957x316) Image search: [Google]
buh_bye_wiiu.png
25 KB, 957x316
Remember when Nintendrones said the NX wouldn't replace the Wii U? That it was the "Third Pillar?"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/nintendo-ceo-wii-u-could-cease-production-by-march-2018?abthid=572107284e47c2eb65000011
>>
>>335719629
>Skipping
They're not skipping anything, why do you keep spreading this misinformation? They had more floor space at E3 last year than anyone else. They just aren't doing a press conference, like they haven't been doing for the last several years.
>>
>>335723073
Yet Ubisoft and other big name companies are going to assist, are EA and Activision smart for doing this? No
>>
>>335717667
I agree, to an extent. Let everything die down, let E3 simmer out, get the last few Wii U games out, then come in hard with whatever they are trying to present with NX.

Send a clear message of what you're briinging to the table that isn't going to be bogged down by your previous generation or new news from your competitors. I really hope they do this right.
>>
>>335722998
What do you think can also be shown on Youtube? Showing nothing means having nothing and telling it to everybody in very clear manner.
>>
>>335723235
No human being owns a gaming computer in 2016.

That's a scam
>>
>>335722998
Oh fuck off. Sure it's a total cringefest nowadays and not as fun as it used to be, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a huge ass event. If something big is revealed it's going to leave a large impact on people.
>>
>>335723316
>last few

you mean last two*

one of which is censored, the other, a pile of shit
>>
>>335723268
EA and Activision are huge companies, if they're not making a conference it's because they know it's just a huge waste of resources.
>>
I haven't seen this many manchild tears since nintendos e3 presentation last year.

Feels good man.
>>
>>335723316
I hope they don't

>>335723414
Says a manchild
>>
>>335717667
I see they're doubling down on shitty console marketing that made the Wii U such a spectacular failure.
>>
>>335723196
>shitpost about amiibos for some reason because you have no response

People can just look at Twitter or Youtube and get the same information, social media and the internet in general have changed the industry over the last 15 years. The gaming press (you know, a huge chunk of the intended audience for E3, since it's a trade show) are also becoming less and less relevant, again, because of the ease of finding the information they used to provide.
>>
>>335717667
Can't they at least tell us if it's a handheld or a console?They should show us a few image of the game to see how well the graphics are.
>>
File: 1449276365059.jpg (237 KB, 570x806) Image search: [Google]
1449276365059.jpg
237 KB, 570x806
I honestly don't see what's wrong with the NX coming in March 2017.

I guess I understand why /v/ is upset, being that most of them are teenagers in high school who still live at home and only get these things for Christmas, but why would it matter for adults?

I'd prefer it come out in March with games, during a time where the others have none, than to come out during the holidays with no games while the competition is releasing their heavy-hitters.

So again I ask, what's the problem?
>>
>these same people absolutely blowing up because of this news, news that blew up via social media and game sites based on some financial report or whatever the fuck simply because it had the words NX and Zelda in it somehow think E3 is the only viable platform to announce stuff on
The irony
>>
>>335718065
>a considered departure
Should be a considerable departure.
When the topic is video games, I guess all standards go out the window.
>>
>>335723624
try growing a brain moran. no one is talking about the release date, we are talking about how stupid they are for not showing it at E3 when the release is only 9 months after E3.
>>
File: 1461769804997.jpg (7 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
1461769804997.jpg
7 KB, 320x238
>>335723562
DELETE THIS
>>
>>335723102

360 was Nov for USA. Dec for JPN & EUR.

PS2 was March JPN. Oct USA & Nov EUR.
>>
>>335723459
>I hope they don't

>I want them to fail because reasons, rather than getting better and doing something right
>calling someone else a manchild

wew lad
>>
>>335723534
Don't delude yourself. Social media and gaming press will be full of E3. The fact is, Nintendo needs to be doing more than their competition, not less.
>>
>>335723716
Sony is the only company that deserves success
>>
>>335723374
They may not own a top of the line computer, but they do own a gaming computer. See: Steam's success.
>>
>>335717879
That's what I thought about the Wii u after the Wiis final years. I was wrong.
>>
>>335717667
>>335717774
>>335717873
>>335717969
>>335718065
>>335718160
>>335718263
i feel bad for this guys, honestly if nintendo doesn't pay you for this, go get a life, and i mean it bro
>>
>>335723562
Name one thing they got away with
>>
>>335723806
>launch a console and fill it with nothing but ports and multiplats for 3 whole years
>oh, but yeah, they do deserve success
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>335723806
End yourself desu
>>
>>335723562
Other way around, friend.

>SF0 has frame drops to ~45fps, gets shit on
>Games on other platforms are locked at 30 with much, much more frequent drops, no one bats an eye because it happens so often

>SF0 is short, gets shit on
>Games on other platforms are short, no one bats an eye because it happens so often

>SF0 looks bad, gets shit on
>Games on other platforms look like shit, no one bats an eye because it happens so often

Nintendo are the only ones held to any sort of critical standard, everyone else can shit out a 4-hour cinematic experience and get 9's from critics. Any other publisher can shit out a $50 season pass, but Nintendo charges for DLC in a handful of games and it's a huge problem. The western media is simply biased/paid off, they benefit when they praise western blockbusters because of the collusion between publishers and the media.
>>
>>335723849
>needing a $5000 computer to play Dota, CSGO, or TF2
This is how Valve makes money. No one buys shit off of Steam
>>
Articles like this are such garbage. If they're right they going to feel smug and add it to their mental repository of "I was right" for future gloating, and if they're wrong they quietly sweep it under the rug and act like it never happened.
>>
>>335723959
amiibos, physical dlc, trying to make little mii characters a significant part of your gaming platform, etc.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.