[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Abyss watchers: Successfully sealed away abyss unlike Artorius.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: SoC.jpg (192 KB, 823x696) Image search: [Google]
SoC.jpg
192 KB, 823x696
>Aldrich: Devoured Gwyndline and possibly Nito as well.
>Yorm: Giant Lord with power of cinder.
>Gay bros: Slayer of demon prince.
>Soul of Cinder: Incarnation of CU and Gwyn.
>Nameless King: Power on par with Gwyn’s prime age.

Is it safe to say that DaS 3 bosses are superior then other series and Unkindled One is strongest protagonist lore wise?
>>
>>335671398
No.

>Abyss watchers: prevent the Abyss from spreading BEFORE it can actually gather enough strength.
>Aldrich: feeds on leftovers CU left after him
>Lothric: did fucking nothing. Lorian: killed a single demon, who are a weak and dying species without the chaos flame
>Soul of Cinder: mishmash of soul fragments, probably not even sentient
>Nameless King: NEET, race traitor, dragonfucker, got kicked out of home by his dad instead of confronting him

Also going by the unwritten rule of fantasy fiction - the more ancient powers are the strongest. And DS1 had the original Lords.

Yhorm was a pretty cool guy. Not terribly powerful though.
>>

No, they didn't, when you find them half of them have been possessed and corrupted by the abyss and there are dark wraiths just outside where they are killing shit. Also, his name is Artorias.

>Aldrich: Devoured Gwyndline and possibly Nito as well.

Just Gwyndolin (not Gwyndline) of note, Nito died long before.

>Yorm

Jesus Christ can you get one name right?
>>
Gwyn and his crews literally genocided the dragons
>>
>>335671398
Yhorm is old and has gone either crazy or some giant form of hollowing, Siegward being his best friend travels to the profaned capital for the sole purpose of putting him out of his misery.

Abyss Watchers are also a bit consumed by the abyss in that they accuse each other of being tainted or for neglecting their duties as evidenced by Iudex's black growth and the other hollows that are afflicted with the abyss.

Aldrich is literally just a blobby mass, it's likely that Sulyvahn captured the gods and just fed them too him and he can use some of their powers which we know from DaS 1 that neither Nito nor Gwyndolin were particularly strong.

Lothrics are literally both crippled. Lorian gimped himself on purpose just to be closer to his onii.

Soul of Cinder is an anomaly, I guess it's the fire's last ditch efforts to make sure you don't put it out. but to be fair. neither Chosen Undead or Gwyn were very strong either.

Nameless King is crazy old but his is probably the strongest of them all, though not that much since you do end up killing him.

Ashen one may technically be stronger than Chosen Undead, but that's not really saying all that much.
>>
>>335672112
>Lorian gimped himself on purpose just to be closer to his onii.
>onii
Lorian is the elder brother.
>>
>>335672112
>neither Chosen Undead or Gwyn were very strong
Chosen Undead was a literal godslayer.
Gwyn led an army of dragonslayers.
weak b8
>>
The flames are weak as fuck so pretty much every single soul out there is greatly weakened too. If you noticed, the nameless king is a fucking skull, he barely has any flesh on him. In short, no, you never fight a single major boss in dark souls who is at their prime. They're always weakened by something. Be it age, damage or some other factor, like the necromancers stealing nitos powers.
>>
>>335672381

What he should have been trying to say is you're not strong after you link the first flame. You literally become a shell of your former self.
>>
>>335672614
Aldrich and Pontiff are at their peak though
>>
>>335672686
Aldrich was brought back from the dead, he's hardly at his peak, he hadn't even finished consuming gwyndolin. Also pontiff isn't what I would call a major boss but I'll give you that.
>>
I never played DaS2 or the DLC for DaS1.
>>
Did Aldrich devour Priscilla too? Why else does he have Lifehunt?
>>
>>335672807
He saw it in a dream while eating Gwyndolin.

Probably a memory of his.
>>
>>335671959
Nito died before DKS1. Nito is literally called the The first to die.
Its not a stretch to say Nito can bring himself back, since he did manage the flow of life and death
>>
>>335672807
He didn't, just knows about her. If you gathered anything about what miracles are in the Souls universe, you'd be able to realize why he has the miracle.
>>
So, the Nameless King left AFTER Gwyn linked the flame right? So it was his sister and xister/xrother who casted him out of the godhood. Maybe he didn't like how things went south in Anor Longo after his father went to coffin and fell in love with a dragon or something.
>>
>>335672686

I felt that shit with Sully.

Holy shit he buried my ass and made me wear my own ass as a hat.

No shame. Summoned three guys on him. ;-;
>>
File: 1460769078713.png (186 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
1460769078713.png
186 KB, 454x340
>>335671398
>Is it safe to say that DaS 3 bosses are superior then other series and Unkindled One is strongest protagonist lore wise

No, that would be BB.

>not being an all-powerful squidlet
>>
>>335673114

I summoned two npcs first try since I had to rush his fight to make sure that thief npc didn't pillage and die. I heard there was a time limit

Kinda want to try him solo now. Only one left
>>
>>335671946
>yhorm wasn't terribly powerful
he left people his old swords so that they could kill him, he was damn near invincible if they didn't exist
>>
>>335673309

Imagine if he was still using his greatshield too. He would be literally unbeatable.
>>
>>335671959
Some serious autuism, miss spelling made up names of the top of someone's memory is not reason for your autism to flare up senpai
>>
>>335673309

Wat
>>
>>335673387
>of the top
off
>>
>>335673412
read the item descriptions. he left 2 storm rulers to kill him in case he went mad
>>
>>335673356

NOT IF PAPA STORMRULER HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT SHIT
>>
File: 1461526371397.png (253 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
1461526371397.png
253 KB, 560x840
>>335673219
The Londor Pale Shade NPC can almost solo him. It can outright solo Abyss Watchers if you get the weaker adds off it.

I'm expecting a nerf some time in the future, that NPC is broken as fuck.
>>
>>335673540

I don't think you know how shields work.
>>
>>335671398
ehh.
I don't know much lore on Abbyss Watchers, but they're literally all hollow and almost all dead by the time you get there. At their prime, they were probably a force to be reckoned with.

Aldrich was strong, but he didn't really defeat any of the people he ate. Gwyndolin wasn't even at full power when Pontiff captured him. Nito was already dead, since you canonically kill him in DS1, so he either ate his corpse or his soul.

Yhorm was corrupted by the Abbyss when you get to him, it might have made him stronger though. He was pretty fucking strong I'll give you that, without Storm Ruler that is. Like how poweful do you have to be to make a failsafe in case you go bad?

Lothric and Lorian, were literally just walking corpses when you get to them. Lothric was a weak cripple from birth, who is literally so weak he can't even pick up a straight sword, and Lorian was massively gimped when you fought him. He was blind, mute, crippled, lost his shield, his sword was broken, and he was obviously hollowing, or had lost his mind at least. At his prime he apparently killed demon kings in one swing, so he was pretty stronk then.

SoC is strong, since it's the souls of everyone who has linked the flame in one, but they're not at full power, since they have been burning for a long time. Still, to say it isn't a powerful being is wrong.

Nameless King is obviously hollowed. He has no eyes and is beef jerky. He is not on par with prime Gwyn. He might have been in HIS prime though. Still I'd say he's more powerful than most bosses in the series.
>>
>>335673540
yhorm literally dual wielded them in the past.
it was up to him if they existed or not
>>
>>335673640
I meant to put walking in quotations :^)
>>
>>335673094
Wouldn't make sense since he befriended the dragons. Was probably during the war. He was a God of War afterall, stripped of name and records from history, so whatever important happened, was probably during this events against the archdragons.
>>
>>335672903
Nito soul was necessary for the Fire Linking in 1. He's canonically killed by the CU.
>>
>>335673640
Nameless clearly isn't fully hollowed, otherwise he'd be attacking the dragons and shit, being mindless you know.

The PC can become beef jerky and still they aren't a mindless hollow yet.
>>
>>335671398
>all these fags in the thread summoning for sully.

Just use a Caestus in off hand and parry him. It gets a bit difficult once he summons his stand to continue to parry him, but I still did it, it's not that hard.

my first playthrough I summoned to fight him, dragonslayer armor and dancer. So far I haven't summoned for anything.
>>
The Abyss Watchers were the most powerful gank force known to mankind.

Additionally, if we go deep into this, CU is canonically the strongest by virtue of taking down Manus in his prime.

Then again, anything in DaS 1 gameplay wise is piss easy compared to 3.
>>
>>335673486
Why are you getting so annoyed senpai, is you're autism that bad?
>>
File: 1460951722424.png (402 KB, 588x598) Image search: [Google]
1460951722424.png
402 KB, 588x598
>>335671946
>Nameless King: NEET, race traitor, dragonfucker, got kicked out of home by his dad instead of confronting him
God damn it I fucking lost it.
>>
>>335673967

>You're

Not him, but acting like a retard just makes me think you're an actual retard.
>>
>>335673814
Yuria/Yoel's questline showed that you can be hollow and not completely insane.
>>
Can somebody here post the charm from the english guide? Its says something about the sunlight warrior being the lost son of Gwyn and he got forgotten.
>>
>>335673640
Hollowing has nothing to do with your power. He obviously keeps his own sentience and full control over power.
>>
>>335673814
Full hollows don't always attack friends. Like those in the asylum and New Londo are just there chilling, and the ones in the undead cities never attack each other. It makes sense that he wouldn't attack his dragon, even though he's hollow. Even if he isn't full hollowed, he is still clearly not at full power, otherwise he'd look like opening cutscene Gwyn from DS1, or Gwyndolin, not like a zombie.
>>
>>335673814
There are hollows who keep some autonomous brain function, see the guys praying or guarding something they did in life. Nameless is probably on the same category, just keeping close to his pal like he was during his time. And some inner hate for bells.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (112 KB, 800x433) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
112 KB, 800x433
>>335674074
In dark souls 2, the more hollowed you got, the less health you have, apart from going crazy. Even in DS1, it clearly has something to do with you power, lore wise at least. You can't seriously believe that hollow Gwyn at the end of DS1 was him at full power.
>>
>>335674085

But you can clearly see him hesitate before killing his bird. Insane hollows don't do that.
>>
Aldrich use Nito's Great Sword.
Where did he obtain it?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
Why the fuck is every enemy in this game so tall? Are they not humans or something?
>undead halberd and greatax guys are like 3 meters tall
>all the valley bosses are gigantic (dancer, Vordt, Pontiff)
>Jailers are all basketball players
>random normal hollows are bigger than humans, like the workers in the Undead Settlement
>candle stick clerics, knights, grave wardens, all big as fuck

seriously what's the deal? Is undead of ash and all NPCs just manlets? Does being a manlet prevent going crazy from hollowing?
>>
>>335674152

Gwyn had been burning in the Kiln for a long time, it was the flame that had taken his strength, not the hollowing.
>>
>>335674170
Their love transcend hollowing.
>>
Ok so I'm probably a retard, but there's something I still don't get.

So there have been several cycles, and the flame has been linked many times; lots of them, actually, if we accept that all the bodies in the tower behind the Uchigatana guy are deade Firekeepers that went there to die after their duty was fulfilled.

In that case, there have been dozens of "Lords of Cinder" that have linked the flame. What is special about the ones in DS3? They're just the last 4 to have done this? What is special about the cycle in Dark Souls 3, with all the Unkindled shit and so o? Is it suppossed to be some kind of final cycle?

I think I get moste of the individual lores, but I really don't get the whole picture.
>>
So if you had to take on Gwyn at his prime power, would you have to go full on Platinum Games speed?
>>
File: 3hdEhcT.gif (2 MB, 380x275) Image search: [Google]
3hdEhcT.gif
2 MB, 380x275
>>335674085
>implying I don't hate bells, too

They woke me up from my nice death nap, only to make me get murdered over and over again by various forces, and am expected to perpetually burn.

Good thing I said fuck that, got a husbando and three waifus, and am now a Lord.
>>
>>335674213
New to the series huh.
>>
>>335674210
nito gave a sword like that to everybody who stopped by his crib as long as they bring along an eyeball
>>
>>335674213
From a game play point of view, it's to make them easier see their movements and to intimidate the player. From a lore point, powerful beings that have absorbed lots of souls grow physically larger.
>>
>>335674221
Ok, I guess that makes sense. Still, if you take DS2 as canon, hollowing clearly makes you weaker. Even in DS1, the more human you were, the more defense you had. You had a huge boost in defense at 99 humanity.
>>
>>335674260
Did you not see him shoot 1000 lightning spears at the same time in the cutscene? Nigga, you would have to be DMC levels of fast to measure up to him.
>>
>>335674152
>In dark souls 2
won't even bother with the rest of your post
>>
>>335674029
>>335674081
>>335674085

Yeah yeah y'all are right I guess.
>>
>>335674213
once you go bloodborne you never go back
>>
Question: in dark souls 2, what was the treasure vendrick stole from the giants?
>>
>>335673117
Which is more powerful? A Great Lord, or a Great One?
>>
>>335674242
Dunno about the other 3 but Lothric was supposed to link the flame as per destiny but he and best big brother ran off and tried to live peacefully, probably one of the reasons why the flame is in danger at the start of the game
>>
>>335674337
>powerful beings
>some dumbfucks in undead settlement that can barely swing a pitchfork around without tripping and fall over dead from a light slap
>not the guy that can survive a dragon stomping on them
>>
>>335674309

What a guy.

Gravelord Covenant DLC when.

Who am I kidding. From cant do their covenants right for shit.
>>
>>335674346
>if you take DS2 as canon
Nope.

You can also be hollowed and have 99 humanity.
>>
>>335674436
Unknown. Most speculations seem to agree it was the Throne.
>>
>>335674213
Irythil is is Yharnam. Sulyvahn's watchful eyes drive the knights mad and they turn into beasts.
>>
>>335674443
This is something else that I don't understand. Is he a Lord of Cinder? Or just a should-be-Lord-of-Cinder? Because clearly if he has a throne, so he must have linked it as he was suppossed to, eventhough later on they might regret doing so and now try to stop you.
>>
>>335674440
Great Ones literally transcend comprehension, Lords of Cinder are just powerful former-mortals.

Pretty obvious, here.
>>
>>335673953

>Abyss Watchers pre abyss infestation were baddasses gank squad that kept the abyss at bay
>Hawkwoods dialogue confirms they were just regular undead who wanted to be special
>Drank wolf blood and popped green blossoms like crazy to even do what they did
>Were so proud of themselves when they became a lord of cinder
>>
>>335674507
Throne of want? Now why the fuck would the giants have that?
>>
>>335674440

Great One. They are living gods, whose mere presence will either destroy your mind or kill you. There's a reason Ebrietas is considered one of the most difficult bosses in the series. And she was a lesser Great One in the grand scheme.
>>
List of parryable bosses from DS1, 2 and 3, anyone?

I'm not afraid to go all in.
>>
>Reddit thought Solaire was Gwyn's firstborn
>Reddit thought the Smouldering Lake worm was sunlight maggot solaire
>Reddit thought Aldrich ate Priscilla, Nito and the Witch of Izalith

reddit can't stop being btfo
>>
>>335674242
What's special about them? I imagine they're actually everyone who linked the flame. Takes a long time for her to fade, but i can see it dying faster and faster after each linking. Just consider that everyone who isn't those 5, is rebirthed inside Soul of Cinder.

The thing about Unkindled in 3, is that the Flame is at it's last legs like never before. It's the final trumph card to not let it goes out. So ashes of fallen heroes are being made sentient to collect embers to try and throw in the First Flame. They are not humans, they are tools, vessels for souls and embers, the weakest form something can be, a fail safe mechanism.
>>
>>335674586

DS3

Gundyr in both forms
Pontiff

Haven't tested other bosses yet.
>>
>>335674573
To make golems.
Well, if it wasn't the throne, that it was something with that power. Because it's said that Vendrick used whatever he stole from them to create golems.
>>
>>335674657
nobody gives a shit what reddit thinks you fucking dickwad
>>
>>335672807
Read the fucking item description.
Miracles are stories that you recite. He dreamed about Priscilla while he was devouring gwyndolin, and so he created the story of the life hunt scythe, which is the miracle he uses.
>>
>>335674440
Depends on the one in question.
Nito created the very concept of death and keeps watch over it, whereas Moon Presence can undo death indefinitely. Mergo was going to end humanity.
>>
>>335674657
>Reddit thought Solaire was Gwyn's firstborn
This is true mate even the offical guide says that.
>>
Which Abyss watcher exactly is the "lord?" Isn't it strange a group is considered a singular entity? So these guys went to the kiln, all 50 of them, and kindled the flame?
>>
>>335674680
>
Nameless king can only be riposted, not parried though.

Also Dragonslayer Armor and Lothric can be parried. Abyss Watchers are also ez to parry. Dancer should be also possible but i have to test that.
>>
>>335674573
The Throne of Want is a magical throne that makes anybody who sits on it see whatever they want. I think it's also made out of a shard of Manus like Nashandra is, or something.

Giant's Kinship item description talks about the throne letting you see what you want.

The Giants hand it first (probably made it) and then the king of drangleic stole it like a faggot and brought it over. That's why the giants invaded.
>>
>>335674784
yes. but the powers of the Cinder are only acquired by the one that survives their onslaught and consumes the souls of all his brothers.
>>
>>335674784
The Lord of Cinder is, technically, the Wolf of Farron. The Abyss Watchers are a kind of hivemind, connected by the Blood of The Wolf. The Blood itself is the Lord of Cinder.
>>
>>335674708
the golems in the castle are shit. They're glorified switches.

Now the Ivory King, he know how to make some badass golems
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 440x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 440x960
Instant death confirmed.
>>
File: 20160427_025418.png (1 MB, 1280x1560) Image search: [Google]
20160427_025418.png
1 MB, 1280x1560
>>335673619
Idk why but this... this was really funny, thank you.
>>
>>335674784
They are a Legion. The blood condense into a single entity in the second form. That's the Lord of Cinder. It's none of them individually.
>>
>>335674784
You know that autist on the playground always looking for technicalities? Abyss Watchers
>>
>>335674582
Probably Lords. They are the "Gods" of Dark Souls, since they basically made everything. When we fight them in DS1, they're all basically at their weakest. Great Ones in BB were pretty easy to fight, but what I got from them is that they exist in another reality, so they can just keep coming back or something. So I guess they can eventually beat the Lords in a fight, since they basically have unlimited tries, and Lords lose their power over time.
>>
>>335675029
Meant to quote
>>335674440
>>
>>335674784
I imagine they all went to the kiln, and had a big fight against themselves and whatever the soul of cinder looked like then
last man standing linked the fire, and it was probably three dudes or something because their cinders give you 3 heads.
maybe he was a pussy and summoned
>>
What happened to chaos in DS3?
>>
File: image.png (10 KB, 344x135) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 344x135
Shittest mobs confirmed
>>
>>335675029
The Lords are just aspects of god. "GOD" is the First Flame, the creator of the world as we know it. The Lords are just people who found the flame and used it.
>>
>>335674440
Lords are still just mortals. Powerful, with control over elements or illusion magic, but still just mortals.

With Great One, even death becomes questionable concept as even a dead god can have dreams. They transcend understanding, they control time and space, they open portals into planes with endless meteor storms. You can't even fight MP without becoming a Great One as well.
>>
Okay so who/what exactly is Sullyvahn?

Where did he suddenly come from? How did he become powerful enough to trap/kill gods?

Who would win in a fight between him at his prime, prime Gwyn, and prime Nameless King?

Another thing, why the fuck do they all look so similar to humans?
>>
>>335675120
Yhorm destroyed it. Demons are a dying species now and there's only one of them who saw the original Izalith and he's old as fuck.
>>
File: 1458364470266test.png (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458364470266test.png
34 KB, 500x500
>>335674657
>Reddit thought Aldrich ate Priscilla, Nito and the Witch of Izalith
Aldrich did ate Gwyndofag and Priscilla, Nito is implyed but im pretty sure Aldrich is just another form of Nitos soul, the Witch of Izalith was already dead, nothing to do with anything
>>
>>335675117

They were three guys that knew each other and summoned each other for every fight in the game
>>
>>335675243
AND WE KILLED HIM
>>335675267
>Aldritch did ate Priscilla
Reddit leave.
>>
>>335675197
He's just a really powerful undead. Most of that comes from political power, but he was both a skilled sorcerer and able to swing around greatswords.

Wouldn't say he's Gwyn level though.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-221.jpg (419 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-221.jpg
419 KB, 1600x900
>>335675120
Chaos Flame is dead.
>>
>>335674213
Because most beings aren't actually human, humans are like the smallest common race in the Souls universe, the Dark Lord who was the first human was described as a pygmy. Basically from a lore standpoint everyone isn't big, humans are just small.
>>
>>335675267
Aldrich dreamt of Priscilla, he didn't actually eat her.
>>
>>335674661
Ok, what you say actually starts to make sense.

Another question along the lines of what you say: what's the thing with embers? So in DS1 we feed humanity to the bonfires because of the Curse and so on. Why isn't there humanity now? Why feed it embers? Embers is just "pieces" of the flame, and we can't feed it humanity because...all humanity was already consumed? Or embers are stronger?

In any case I see now what you say, that the Unkindled are not humans, they are literally ashes made sentient, so you don't go into Human form, but Torch mode...probablyl this was trivial, but that's my relationship with Souls lore.

Then, something else: what's the thing with thrones? It just means that the 4 Lords from DS3 want to stop you from linking the flame again for whatever eason?
>>
>>335675197
Sully is originally a simple sorcerer on a power trip who went full Ron Hubbard and became good enough to challenge even the gods. Apparently he's at least stronger than Gwyndolin and all the remaining Anor Londo forces but obviously if NK cared at least a little about his ex-family his entire shitty cult would be in ruins a long time ago.
>>
>>335675197
He's just an undead. And i remember reading in some item description that Gwyndolin was sick or something. And the church had an army to back them as well.
>>
>>335675197

Prime Yhorm with all his shit would literally take on gwyn and a couple others and still have a decent chance of winning.
>>
>>335675267
Aldrich didn't eat Priscilla, he just dreamt of her and that's what inspired him to develop the Lifehunt Scythe Miracle.
>>
>>335675345
>we stopped Aldritch from defiling pure girl with his giant black cock
>>
>>335675243
Where does it say Yhorm destroyed it? I am curious.
also does the mean if Alsana is canon, she no longer has to watch it? poor waifu
>>
>>335675381
It's Yorshka who thinks that Gwyndolin was sick. It's probably what Sully told her while Aldritch was impaling poor fuckboy nearby.
>>
>>335674657
>and the Witch of Izalith
Wut?

Why the fuck do they assume that?
>>
>>335675197
Sully was a scholar in the grand archieves, although he may have originally come from Irithyll.

One day he found the Profane Capital, and it in the unfading Profaned Flame. He took it and some of the women there (those chicks in white with knives) back with him to Irithyll.

He either established, or took control of a religious order in Irithyll and corrupted it for his own ends. He captured an sick Gwyndolin, and fed him to Aldrich (it's never clear why he did it). The Arch Deacons and the Cathedral of the Deep seem to server him, although Aldrich is the true/original master of the Cathedral of the Deep and the order. I don't remember if being made clear why he does all this, other than ambition. Maybe he believes in the Age of Water/Age of the Deep the same way Aldrich does.

Gwyn and his son are both capable of kicking his ass seven ways from sunday. Gwyn at his mightiest is literally the most powerful being in the Dark Souls universe, as he had the Greatest of the Lord Souls
>>
>>335675494
>A strange weapon found among malformed inhabitants of the Profaned Capital.

>The Profaned Flame was triggered by the curse of these women, relatives of a certain oracle, but despite their culpability, they went on living without any cares.

Drops from the Manus-hand faced monsters.
>>
>>335675548
They assume that because there's fire is the second phase that it instantly means it's chaos
>>
>>335671398
I think Chosen Undead > Ashen One > Cursed Undead

DaS1 just felt a lot more... alone. Chosen Undead went around killing the OG Lords, legendary Knights, Manus, Kalameet etc. without much direction.

Ashen One is there to sort of 'clean up' and restart the linking stuff. That said, I think Nameless King and Soul of Cinder are probably as strong as anything in DaS1.
>>
My theory on the Abyss Watchers is that in their eternal hunt for rooting out the abyss, they, just like their predecessor, were tainted by it. I'm assuming it tainted them all via the blood of the wolf that they all share. This could possibly explain why the old wolf of Farron is deathly, and why the Abyss Watchers are now endlessly killing eachother to root out the Abyss in themselves. Can't wait to hear what Vaati says about them.
>>
>>335675548
What if Rosaria is the Witch reborn?
>>
>>335675614
im pretty sure they also spouted Big Hat Logan soul was those 2 bighats instead of even reading the item descriptions

They dumb dumbs
>>
>>335674543
Lothric never linked the flame which is why the bell tolls at the beginning. I guess technically he isn't a Lord of Cinder, he just has a Lord's power and destiny.
>>
Gwyndolin wasn't even that strong, he could make powerful illusions and had some handy projectile magic, but he had to hide behind his illusions and keep running away, I don't think it's any stretch to say that even in his prime a small band of warriors could have captured and killed Gwyndolin.
>>
So does Aldritch's lore mean that canonically the CU didn't fight Gwyndolin in DaS1?
>>
>>335673309
I didnt even use this shit to beat him.
>>
>>335675720
But when you kill him it clearly says "Lord of Cinder fallen". Not that this means you're wrong, I actually like what you suggest, but still.
>>
>>335675816
He did and he didn't, just like he linked the first flame and chose not to link the first flame.
>>
>>335675681
Get out, Vaati.
>>
>>335675816
almost certainly. It makes sense to, since the CU seems to have linked the fire, given the characteristics of the Soul of Cinder. So if he linked the fire, chances are he never questioned Frampt's guidance and discovered Kaathe or Gwyndolin
>>
>>335675692
Rosaria is a weakened and enslaved Gwynevere, via Sully.
>>
Wasn't Lorian supposedly super powerful before being cursed? He could have probably taken on the Nameless King.
>>
>>335675692
Some people say Rosaria is Gwynevere... I mean... the boobs match up...
>>
>>335675816
Canon doesn't really exist in Souls because of wavering timelines, I think Miyazaki even said that if the player didn't link the flame in the first game in another timeline Solaire was the one who linked it.
>>
File: 1417286700612.jpg (213 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
1417286700612.jpg
213 KB, 680x798
>>335674657
Gwyn's firstborn was originally Andre. I actually thought his presence with the exact same model and voice in 3 was a confirmation of this, as it implies him to be immortal, especially since he remarks that he personally knew the giant smith in Anor Londo, which was the seat of the gods. Makes me wonder if Nameless King was a late addition and the intention was to just confirm Andre the whole time.
>>
>>335675928
>>335675942
Explain kirk his armor is even in the room just like in DaS1.
>>
>>335675363
Humanity is there in the form of the Pus of Man, those bursting beasts that grow out of some hollows and Gundyr. Fire is fading and Humanity is going havoc. You don't use it (at first) because you're the revived ash, you simply don't have it. But Yoel can fix it. Printing the Dark Soul into you with the Dark Sigil.
Now regarding embers i think it's more of an allegory of ash/embers/bonfires. We are on a quest to keep a bonfire lit. But ash can't catch fire, only form embers. In reality, we are collecting their Lords Souls (just like 1) to feed to Flame.
>>
>>335675681
>vaati
You will hear what is posted in these threads,speculations that sound nice but you can't disprove because the source is vague.
>>
>>335675997
possibly. Worth noting that Andre in DS3 may be an illusion created by Ludleth, since you can't find him in the darkened Firelink.
>>
File: 2016-01-21 18.41.17.png (76 KB, 194x344) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-21 18.41.17.png
76 KB, 194x344
>>335675883
I've been found out.
>>
>>335675120
The Chaos Flame is dead. Its implied either the Watchers or Lothric(the kingdom) invaded smoldering lakes, killed the last of demons, and imprisoned their king. Pretty sure Lorian's Greatsword said that he stained a demon prince.
>>
>>335675928
>>335676007
>>335675942
Rosaria is one of Gwynevere's children.
>>
>>335674436
Some say the throne, others the lordvessel
>>
>>335676117
>Pretty sure Lorian's Greatsword said that he stained a demon prince.

Yeah, Lorian shanked him good. Lorian was a beast before becoming a crip. The last thing I'd want to fight is that "pssh nothing personal" teleporting jackass with the full use of his limbs
>>
>>335675858
It just doesn't add up if we assume Lothric linked the flame. Emma tells you to make him into a Lord and many things referencing Lothric and Lothric's dialogue suggest he was destined to become a Lord but is trying his hardest to avoid his destiny.

The Lothric kingdom is still around, and at least king Oceiros is still alive, which all implies that Lothric hasn't been around for that long. If he had linked the flame, much time would have passed before the fire needed another Lord to surface and link it, and considerably more time would have to pass before the situation became so dire that the bell needed to toll to resurrect previous Lords of Cinder.

Granted, lifespans in Souls are nebulous and potentially very long lasting, but it all seems to imply that Lothric is supposed to be the current Lord of Cinder who will link the flame, but instead he said no and fucked off, and now the flame is wavering without anybody to fuel it, hence the need for the previous Lords of Cinder.

Except all of them but Ludleth also fucked off and shirked their duty, which leads to the resurrection of Unkindled whose only purpose is to seek out the Lords of Cinder and return them to their thrones.
>>
File: ostrava-large.jpg (112 KB, 1270x694) Image search: [Google]
ostrava-large.jpg
112 KB, 1270x694
>>335675997
>Gwyn's firstborn was originally Andre
not at all it is Solarie and Solarie is bascially Ostrava they share the same fate. Even their story line is very similar.
>>
>>335675197
Gwyn is human, at the start of Dark Souls 1 you want humans rise from the depths and 4 of them find parts of the flame and gain power
>>
>>335676248
demon's souls has cooler weapons
>>
>>335672780
>he hadn't even finished consuming gwyndolin
Yeah but how do we know that? Don't descriptions pertaining to Aldrich use "devoured" as in past tense? Aldrich is a sick motherfucker, he could just be using Gwyndolin's empty husk as a "body" to make up for the fact that he's just a slimey slug now.
>>
>>335676285
Gwyn is not human, he is part of a sub-race of giants who gained godhood. The first human was Manus before he got all fucked up.
>>
>>335676192
>Gwynevere's children
Source? Makes more sense that she is Quelaag's Sister reborn.
>>
File: early510.jpg (203 KB, 800x621) Image search: [Google]
early510.jpg
203 KB, 800x621
>>335676248
>Gwyn's firstborn was originally Andre

he's right. In the original storyboard, Andre was Gwyn's son. He had a larger role in the story, and would help you gain access to Gwyn's tomb. Like a lot of stuff it was cut. It's in the DS1 artbook and other interviews
>>
>>335673563

Yea those npcs wrecked his shit

Made him look like a bumbling fool

But I felt cheap and dirty

Worst part is that shitty thief died anyways since I already visited profaned capital
>>
>>335676285
Well he's technically not human. He's one of those primordial beings that looked like hollows in the opening cutscene of DS1. Humans come from the Pygmy.
>>
>>335675363
Forgot to adress your last part. Regarding the thrones, Lords and their motivations.
The thrones are referrencing the Lord's Souls which is what DaS1 calls the Souls that Gwyn, Nito, Witch of Izalith, etc. found within the Flame. They were their first Lords, and what is a Lord without a throne?
And yes, they don't want you to Link the Flame, for different reasons.
Aldritch wants the Age of the Deep Sea that he saw in a vision. May be the Abyss, or something new, up to speculation.
Abyss Watchers are just mindless at this point and tainted by the Abyss.
Ludleth wants you to Link it and helps you.
Yhorm i can't really grasp his motivations.
Lothric Princes tells you they just want everything to fade.
So each one has some different reason to not sit in their throne and let you use their powers.
>>
>>335676348
She is connected to Gwyneverre somehow because of her fine breasts and you get Bountiful Sunlight from her Soul which was Gwynevere's miracle, I can't remember from what it was but there was a piece of lore from an item that said Gwynevere had lots of kids and lived a happy life so Rosaria can't be Gwynevere herself.
>>
The Dark Souls 3 Lore Thread got archived before I could share my "big" discovery, so I hope you guys won't be offended if I share the connections I've pontificated upon what happened to DRANGLEIC and Dark souls 3 connections to Dark Souls 2.

>The Canon ending for Dark Souls 2 was the DLC ending: Due to the doubt planted by Aldia's constant prompts, their champion/chosen undead abandoned their duty and wander off into the darkness to seek an end to the cycle of darkness and fire.

>Drangleic however was lost into obscurity: perhaps it fell into the abyss or maybe it entered into the aformentioned age of "The Deep" and was swallowed by the sea. Either way it's gone.

>A few people however were able to escape or otherwise flee from Drangleic and into Lordran. The Obvious one being Gilligan the "laddersmith", but he seems to have finally died having fallen off of one of his own shitty ladders in the profaned capital.

>One other Man: Lion Knight Albert, a knight donning the armor of Faraam and the Golden Wing Crest Shield- both relics found only in Drangleic. Loyal to the royal family of Lothric and having joined with a party of like-minded individuals went to go and meet the prince as the fire faded- until the heir of cinders shows up and kills them(?)

>HOWEVER, It is said that prince Lothric was raised by a particular scholar, "The first of the Scholars doubted the linking of the fire, and was alleged to be a private mentor to the Royal Prince."

I know it's a stretch, but I believe this scholar to either be the Chosen Undead from Dark souls 2 or at the very least a descendant of them- Perhaps the PC from Dark souls 2 took the Emerald Herald as a wife and sired offspring.
>>
Is the crystal sage bugged on co-op

I got summoned but he became unkillable because he stopped spawning and i had to use the separation crystal
>>
>>335676493
Go read the scholar ring and see the big hole it puts in your theory
>>
>>335675120
The Chaos is dead. It either just died by burning itself up, or, under the name of "The Profaned Flame", it was snuffed out by Yhorm. It's not clear what the Profaned Flame is. It's somehow related to the Jailers/Maidens, but also it apparently came from the sky? It sounds like the Chaos, as it's an all consuming, near unstoppable flame.
>>
>>335675342
>humans are just small.

FOR YOU
>>
If anyone wants to discuss DLC potential in a new thread. >>335675848
>>
>>335675997
He could still be. After all, you don't see Andre in the real Firelink, not even his corpse, and Archdragon Peak isn't real either.
>>
>>335675345
Aldrich was dreaming of Yorshka, not Priscilla.
>>
>>335676285
Well no, in Dark Souls the natural state of all humanoids (excluding maybe the giants) is a hollow. In the DaS1 intro we see hollows emerging to claim the lord souls which basically turned them into gods. Having very tiny fraction of the Dark soul is what makes you human. So basically all of humanity=a lord soul.
>>
>>335676609
>Archdragon Peak isn't real either
seems like a big lucid dream
>>
File: eingyi-large.jpg (108 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
eingyi-large.jpg
108 KB, 600x373
>>335676459
hm yea but Rosaria even has those enemies who look and act like those parasite egg things
>>
>>335673219
Why do people say there's a time limit. as long as you have siegward's quest done up to pontiff AND THEN send greirat he WILL NOT DIE.
>>
File: 1379419043173.jpg (143 KB, 640x570) Image search: [Google]
1379419043173.jpg
143 KB, 640x570
>>335676285
No, Gwyn and the others are giants of a sort. The Pygmy is the first human.

>mfw Souls humans are descendant from a manlet
>>
>>335676763
You know, my first assumption when seeing that corpse holding the Fair Lady's corpse in the demon ruins was that it was Eingyi.
>>
>>335676247
Ok, thanks, I think this is the first time I understand what is going on.

So each Lord of Cinder has some reason to not give a shit about the flame and just stay where they are, right?

Now I wonder: if all of them were asleep and woken up by the bell, as we see in the intro, when did Aldrich eat Gwyndolin? Because in the intro we clearly see it only as a blob, no Gwyndolin around, although this could be just a trick. Was Aldrich "sleeping" this whole time with Gwyndolin, he started eating him after he woke up (so that the time scale at the intro is fucked up), or he was "eating him" in a fucked up, dreamy Cthulhu-like way even while sleeping?
>>
Hawkwood talks about the watchers as a legion of undeads who will cleanse entire kingdoms at the first sight of (abyss) infection.

They seem pretty cool in my book
>>
>>335676763
Those don't have anything to do with the parasite eggs from Kelloggs, the grub-men are just guys who were reborn too many times and got fucked up, it even says when you try to rebirth after 5 times that "Persisting will turn you into a grub."
>>
>>335676804
The pygmy is the same as the other lords though, they were all the same race.
>>
Is Sword Master the single strongest NPC in the souls universe? He's got so much HP nothing can fucking kill him and his name is goddamn Sword Master.

Summoning him feels like you're using one of Nintendo's super guides.
>>
>>335676562
>Go read the scholar ring and see the big hole it puts in your theory

"A ring engraved with a potrait of a scholar. Increases intelligence.

In Lothric, the Scholar has long been considered one of the Three Pillars of the king's rule, and is therefore master of the Grand Archives."

I don't understand, how does this put a hole in the theory?
I'm not being sassy, I just don't see what you do- could you please elaborate?
>>
>>335676763
Except Rosaria turns people into grubs rather than help them.
>>
>>335676459
Who was the lucky son of a bitch that got to bone the big tittied giantess? TELL ME! I'll give him a high five!!
>>
>>335676850
They shoulda sent them to Londor.
>>
>>335676830
It's clearly Quelana.
>>
File: untitled_by_douzen-d91dbrq.jpg (132 KB, 1024x1399) Image search: [Google]
untitled_by_douzen-d91dbrq.jpg
132 KB, 1024x1399
>>335671946
To be fair, who wouldn't want to fuck a dragon?
>>
>>335675443

Da fuq?
>>
>>335676850
Watchers are a badass inquisition. They've even got the hats.
>>
>>335676915
Flame God Flann
>>
>>335676918
Don't think they still hophold their duty tho, they just mindlessly kill eachother now.
>>
>>335674657
>Reddit thought the Smouldering Lake worm was sunlight maggot solaire
Berserk Dogs confirmed for Solaires children
>>
File: 1390280908327.jpg (133 KB, 700x727) Image search: [Google]
1390280908327.jpg
133 KB, 700x727
>>335675943
I feel like wavering timelines was more like a lore explanation as to why you can summon people into your worlds to kill bosses they've already killed. Treating each playthrough as a different timeline.

But issues come up with making sequels to that like with Ornstein's armor in 3. Killing Ornstein is required in the game, you can't finish the game without killing him and you even get his souls if you kill him last. Yet the Soul of Cinder is a manifestation of everyone who's linked the fire.

I suppose it could be also including playthroughs that never got passed Ornstein. That the Ornstein you killed wasn't an illusion but instead the real thing and the armor we find is of an Ornstein that never fought his Chosen undead and ended up leaving in search of the Nameless King. It makes sense that way but still feels odd because of the whole, he's supposed to be dead thing.
>>
>>335676915
Seth
>>
>And possibly nito as well

when will this one fag stop trying to push this retarded meme
>>
>>335676887
He's clearly much smaller, I mean they call him a pygmy for a reason.
>>
>>335675551
Yes, Aldrich had visions of the Deep but he needed to end the age of gods to make it happen and being a crazy fuck he decided eating the gods would be the best way, which is why Sully gave him the snack.
>>
>>335676987
uphold* my bad
>>
File: rustled.png (276 KB, 568x627) Image search: [Google]
rustled.png
276 KB, 568x627
>>335671398
>superior then
>>
>>335676841
Yeah, it seems like either there was some time that had passed after the Lords were resurrected and the Unkindled rising, or the bell rang more than once.

If that's the case then the first time it range it resurrected the Lords, and once it was clear that they didn't care about their duty to link the flame the bell rang again, resurrected Unkindled to be lordseekers and bring their lazy asses back to their thrones.

I just don't know off the top of my head if there were ever any references to the bell ringing multiple times.

Or maybe Aldrich had time to do all of this because time is all fucked in Dark Souls.
>>
who the fuck cares about powur levels
oh that's right children
>>
>>335675816
I think by rule of thumb we can assume:

All mandatory bosses were killed.
All optional bosses were spared.
>>
>>335676459
Rosaria might be one of Gwynevere's daughters.
Her soul gives you Bountiful Sunlight, and her killer is fought in Gwynevere's chamber.
>>
>>335676224

His brother was teleporting him

Doubt he brought him out of the castle
>>
>>335677000
Smalls was an illusion in 1 and an optional fight in 2. It's likely that the "canon" (it doesn't seem like DkS2 was canon at all at this point but whatever) thing was that the Bearer of the Curse didn't fight Pikachu, he got bored of hanging out with the blueballs bros, and decided to hunt down Nameless King. Since we find his armor, we can probably assume what NK's opinion on coming back to link the flame was...
>>
>>335676841
Aldrich is on the move when we awaken at the start of the game, you (and anri+horace) go to the cathedral of the deep looking for him and find he's left and chase him to irithyll where the pontiff just recently fed him gwyndolin

It seems likely that gwyndolins basically still being digested when we arrive
>>
>>335677000
Actually the Old Dragonslayer could be the result of distorted timelines, it could very well be the actual Ornstein having been brought there by time fuckery only consumed by the Abyss, the Collector's Edition guide for DaS2 actually hints this.
>>
File: dark souls family tree.png (61 KB, 2099x480) Image search: [Google]
dark souls family tree.png
61 KB, 2099x480
>>335676804
>No, Gwyn and the others are giants of a sort
Lords =/= Giants
The three claimers of the first flame became Lords, the highest form of being. Below them are their children, the Gods. Below the gods are the giants, whose origins are unknown, and the humans, born from the pygmy, who may have become a human himself.
>>
>>335676779

The wikia

I didn't want to take chances tbqh
>>
>>335677202
it's interesting that even though pikachu is an illusion in one, you still get the Soul of Ornstein. Maybe he left it behind when he went to search for the nameless king, and the Soul was used by Gwyndolin to create the Ornstein Illusion
>>
>>335677262
>pic
that amount of bullshit, holy crap.
>>
>>335676057
>>335676448
Ok, that certainly helps, looks like I'm starting to make more sense of the global picture, not just the individual lores.
>>
>>335674781
The guide is literally filled with nothing but inaccuracies. Why would one fanfic statement be taken as the truth?

Or did Solaire suddenly grow 3 times his size, become a greek god, wield a entirely different weapon, befriend dragons etcetc. It's not him.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-032.jpg (461 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-032.jpg
461 KB, 1600x900
>>335676459
>from an item that said Gwynevere had lots of kids and lived a happy life
I got you.
>>
>>335677160
>Lorian has a hard time killing some demons
>He gives his brother a piggyback ride to Old Izalith for a powerup
>They wombo combo the demons
No wonder all those corpses started pilling up.
>>
>>335677372
but it is a item discreption but it seems like From deleted the item.
>>
>>335677293
That's true... Can't explain the soul for either of his appearances.
>>
>>335675389
>Prime Yhorm with all his shit would literally take on gwyn and a couple others and still have a decent chance of winning.
I dunno man, the first lords literally killed unkillable stone dragons and took over the world. Yhorm is a beast, but he ain't that beast.
>>
>>335676079
Where does this "Ludleth created the firelink you play in and everyone in it" bullshit come from? What are the item descriptions used to support this? His conversation about "we did all we could" only means that he was around when the first firekeeper was around and took her eyes to prevent the occurrence of untended graves again.

Literally fucking nowhere is it said that he has control over illusion magic or anything of the sort. Only that one point in the past that the fire went out for awhile and was a result of the firekeepers eyes.
>>
>>335677438
He could've split it like how gwyn did with his soul giving pieces to Seathe and the Four Kings

Leave Gwyndolin a small part to make a functioning guard with and go on his way, that'd explain why he's relatively much weaker then the other 3 big knights of Gwyn as well (instead of the obvious game mechanic reason of him being the first encountered)
>>
>>335677380
Wouldn't this have been before the CU stepped foot in Anor Londo? How old is Rosaria/Lothric/Wherever-the-fuck Sunlight Tits ran off to?
>>
>>335677385

So were those enemies there demons?

So many demon corpses how did they all die so easily demons are strong
>>
>>335676841
Gwyndolin was locked in the church you fight Sullyvan. The reason Aldritch has Gwyndolin face is because, indeed, he's still eating the trapboy when you enter the room. Fed by Sully after Aldritch wakes up from his nap.
>>
>>335676459
>>335677380

In addition, the other Gwynevere miracle is from Dancer, whom is basically 100% confirmed to be a daughter based on her item descriptions (describing her ad a daughter of the 'old royalty', a term used to also describe Gwyndolin in Pontiff's soul).

I don't think it's a coincidence that Rosaria has the other miracle, or that Leonhard takes her soul to Gwynevere's seat.
>>
>>335674152
But in DS3, you can literally gain levels by hallowing.
>>
>>335677569
And it could explain how he's really fragile and not even electric-type in 2.

Didn't think about soul-splitting. Good idea, anon.
>>
>>335677581

Wait did he eat his balls and cock too?
>>
Isn't the Dark Souls universe one of the universes mentioned in DeS?

DaS is contained in one universe but DeS contains many universes, so I guess DeS protag is stronger by default?
>>
>>335677364
What's bullshit about it? It's completely accurate. Gwyndoling, Velka, Artorias etc. are referred to as Gods, never giants.
>>
>>335677580
They died because the Chaos flame was extinguished and that's what created them and gave them life. Without it they started to lose power and eventually die out. That and Black and Lothric Knights killing them for years.
>>
>>335677646
Naturally.
>>
>>335677438
well, my current headcannon is that when Ornstein left Anor Londo to search for the Nameless King he left his soul behind, perhaps out of guilt for abandoning his duty. Souls are funny thing in DaS, they're sort of like hats. Just because it's yours, doesn't mean someone else can't use it. We see this not just the way in which the player collects them, but also how the 4 Lord Souls are held by different beings in DS2.

So anyway, perhaps Ornstein left in Anor Londo. This would explain how Gwyndolin was able to create such a powerful illusion of Ornstein (the illusion could match the very real Smough in strength, while Gwynevere vanishes in a single hit) and why we can find Ornstein's gear in DS3, but not his soul
>>
>>335677539
>only means that he was around when the first firekeeper was around and took her eyes to prevent the occurrence of untended graves again.
Can you expand on that?I thought all firekeepers are blind.
>>
>>335677597
Could Leonhard have been trying to revive Gwynevere?
>>
Your face when you realised that the slime enemies are parts of Aldritch that he dropped along his way to Anor Londo.
They only appear in areas Aldritch has been. Cathedral of The Deep, Catacombs of Carthus and Anor Londo, and they look exactly like Aldritch's 'tail' part.
>>
File: 1400617236466.png (212 KB, 346x385) Image search: [Google]
1400617236466.png
212 KB, 346x385
>>335671398
Official Souls games power ranking:

The Hunter > Slayer of Demons > Chosen Undead > Unkindled One > The Next Monarch
>>
>>335677779
but they are also in demon ruins.
>>
>>335677539
>His conversation about "we did all we could"
How do you trigger that conversation?
>>
>>335677686
Why do you think that?

If anything, the Xanthous set implies that Oolacile is Latria, so DeS would be a small part of DkS' world. But DeS had a pretty wacky cosmology--wasn't shrine of storms imaginary?
>>
>>335677646

>Aldrich literally got to lick and an entire mouthful of Gwyndolins feminine penis

Oh I am jealous
>>
>>335677728
Fair Lady is the only one shown to be blind in Dark 1. To be fair, we never saw Darkmoon or Anastacia's eyes, but they're never stated to be blind. Nightress follows you with her head.
>>
>>335677831
It's extremely hard to establish where locations are in relation to each other in Demons souls because you just warp to a few specific spots in each kingdom
>>
>>335677694

Ah they were too stupid to keep it going
>>
>>335677714
It would explain why smough doesn't give a fuck about killing a dying ornstein.
>>
>>335677823
Those are lava slimes.
>>
>>335677831
>wasn't shrine of storms imaginary
No? Whats with the fucking imaginary meme?
>>
>>335677898
True, but I haven't seen anything that places the two games in the same universe, aside from the cameo items
>>
>>335677714

Splitting souls has happened before, and Ornstein has links to important characters, or might of been a smart enough cookie to figure it out himself.
>>
>>335677575
Gods are pretty old. Gwyndolin has almost the same appearance he had in 1. She married with Flame God Flann. Wherever they went to, impossible to know, all that matters in the grand scheme of the story is that she expanded the royal family of Gwyn.
>>
>>335677969
The Adjudicator, Old Monk, and Storm Ruler all have item descriptions that hint towards them being creatures from legend. SoS is also geographically isolated from the rest of Boletaria, and might not even be part of that kingdom at all. It's a theory.
>>
>>335677714
>Gwynevere

Why did Gwyndolin use her illusion anyways? He's a god too
>>
>>335677539
Is there a story to Untended Graves? It seems like an old firelink that got swallowed by the abyss. Is there more to that?
>>
>>335671959
>half of them have been possessed and corrupted by the abyss
Nah, that's the Deep. Several enemies are corrupted by the dark in all games and they turn into abominations unrelated to red eyes.
The Iudex Gundyr is corrupted by the Dark.
The Champ is corrupted by the Deep.

Know the difference. :^)
>>
>>335678314

W-Why is the deep stronger?
>>
>>335678291
Its the real firelink. They're the same location. Drop a message in Firelink Shrine and it'll show up in Untended Graves.
>>
>>335678227
what's more likely to convince chosen undead to do there job and not ask questions? Effeminate girly boy with snake legs, or the golden radiance of the great titty monster?
>>
>>335678394

Separate vendors, though
>>
>>335671398
>>Abyss watchers: Successfully sealed away abyss unlike Artorius.
no they didn't.

every enemy with red eyes is infected with the abyss

>>Aldrich: Devoured Gwyndline and possibly Nito as well.

was fed them, the army of the pontif trapped them

>>Nameless King: Power on par with Gwyn’s prime age.

he failed to stop the genocide of the dragons so, nah.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.