[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/t opic/17611300963# >WE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: PVM8UCFWA1NQ1321645189693.jpg (165 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
PVM8UCFWA1NQ1321645189693.jpg
165 KB, 622x240
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611300963#
>WE JUST CAN'T DO IT
>>
Well, I'd play on a Pristine server. Maybe the removal of all that retarded shit would make for a tighter community.
>>
>>335580939
why not just level a character without BoA now?
>>
>>335579887
I think the offering of these pristine realms really does narrow it down to the fact that the blizzard development team, and those above them that grenelighted the changes over the last 8 years to the game...

have a lot of ego to lose if they see their changes wiped from the game.

In fact I think a lot of them really hate that Mark Kern guy. It'd suck to really hate a guy, and then be told by the community that the guys work was better than anything you did in the last 8 years, and we're just going to roll back to that stuff.

So they offer these pristine servers. Taking the non-in-game aspects of vanilla, and mixing it with the wow developer efforts of the last 8 years.

Kind of shitty if you ask me, They need to drop their ego and accept that most of what they did over the last 8 years was utter shit.

Bar maybe the skill changes, (the new talent system can still go suck a dick, bring back trees).
>>
>>335581358
Because no one else is doing it, to everyone else I'd just be one retard who's gimping himself on purpose. And there's cross realm and automated everything so nobody talks anyway.
>>
>>335581358
I think you literally get kicked from parties now adays without BoA gear.

Besides, WoW isn't a single player game.

"You want to do X, you can still do that, go do that by yourself in the corner"...

This is some serious Cata and later line of thought.
>>
>>335581358
>if you hate resilience why not just wear gear without it
>if the game is too easy why not just play blindfolded
without heirlooms you get absolutely trashed in pvp.
>>
>>335579887
Pristine servers are a good idea. I don't care as much about them removing talent trees as much as I care about them basicly murdering server communities. A server without LFG, LFR and crossrealm shit would basicly be the best. I only hope they will allow me to transfer in my characters.
>>
>>335581517
The only difference will be you have to spam trade for a dungeon group

The dungeon will still be piss easy and you won't need to say a word to the group after its formed, and you won't need help with any quest so no one will be accepting your party invite to finish the kill quest quicker.
>>
> some bunch of french faggot with frog and white flag magic creates near perfect vanillia server
> multi-milion company with gigantic workforce and experience cant do it because its too hard

Oh, yeach, shut up bliz, just say again you have no resoures and any will to do it
>>
>>335580939
kungen made a lvl 60 and lvl 70 hardcore guild, we did it but it fucking sucked because u can clear 40man raids with 10 man naked
>>
>>335579887
>Please don't waste any resources doing special servers. Legacy servers especially would get old really fast. People already complain about lack of updates, and legacy servers by their very nature would never get new content.

So fucking salty.
Why do legacy servers need updates though?
Isn't that the point of it?
>>
>>335581636
>without heirlooms you get absolutely trashed in pvp.
So wear heirlooms in PvP.

If no one has heirlooms, its the same as everyone having them.
>>
>>335581694
>kungen

oh god you really are just a massive fag
>>
The pristine servers are certainly a step in the right direction, but as long as WoW is built around non-pristine servers, it's still the same shit but with a hint of nostalgia to make it go down easier.
>>
>>335581679
It took the Nostalrius team 5 years and loaning money from banks to make their vanilla server
>>
>>335581725
Once people clear all the relevant content in Vanilla or got their PVP fix, they would get bored and quit.
>>
>>335581910
nah dude thats why they add tbc next just like our good guys nostalrius)))
itll keep us busy and subbed for 10 years!
>>
>>335581910
But these guys played on them for so long. Until blizzard shut them down.
I don't really get it.
>>
File: cox.jpg (130 KB, 820x1024) Image search: [Google]
cox.jpg
130 KB, 820x1024
Why not just license Nostalrius?
>>
>>335579887
they could just release timewalker raids too but nooOoooOOOOooooOo they're mentally challenged
>>
>>335582017
>blizzard
>wanting to be associated with poor coders, and random people who can boost you if you suck the admins cock
>>
>>335581358
>>335581460
Besides, on a pristine server you'd be playing with likeminded people since they chose it deliberately, on a regular server you aren't
>>
>>335581650
>I literally didn't bother to read: the post
>>
>>335581809
Yes but:
- they did not have the original assets on hand and had to reverse engineer the game in order to hack it's way working on a server. Blizzard has multiple game builds spanning back to the original alpha as well as the source code.

- they did not have the server infrastructure, blizzard does.

- it was done by a handful of skilled fans. Blizzard is a company with thousands of staff heads including programmers, network engineers and software developers.

Of course it would take them 5 fucking years, for blizzard this should take no more than 3 months if they were dead set on the project.
>>
Welp i'm off to Kronos

Fucking neo blizz.
>>
>>335581809
Its still a bunch of amateurs working 5 years and paying to create perfect server
versus
Company that created the game, know everything about it and ahve massive workforce and money They have fuckton of money. But after activison merge they seek only profit, not fun

back in eyars a bought every blizzard game without thinking beause blizz always derivered perfect, polished game even if creating it takes many years

Now we have shit and bunch of amateurs showing something that gigantic company cant do
>>
>tfw CC finally comes out
>it gets shut down immediately afterwards
>all those years waiting for this shit to come for nothing

This is what will happen.
>>
>>335582275
No, it'll simply never come out
>>
>>335581363
Bc was good
>>
>>335582017
Did you even read the post? It sounds like that's what they want to do
>>
Pristine doesn't make sense because you'd still be levelling in cata zones.

What's the point? Just to make levelling just involve more grind without actually yielding the same satisfaction? The levelling experience is what's changed, the absurd levelling paced just exemplifies the core issue but not the root.

At the moment it just seems like a half assed compromise and they haven't even said shit about whether they wouldn't even further develop the idea.
>>
>>335582396
You think they do, but they don't.
>>
>>335582335
Late 2016 release date confirmed senpai
>>
File: tbh mayo.png (168 KB, 403x430) Image search: [Google]
tbh mayo.png
168 KB, 403x430
>a handful of frenchies with nothing but donations manage it just fine
>a multimillion company with thousands of people working for it can't do it
>>
>>335580939
At the very least, decent PVPers would enjoy far more noteriety.
>>
https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/723866994571767808
>>
>>335582584
They don't want to put devs onto it that could otherwise be working on shop mounts and overwatch hype pets
>>
>SJW vocal minority trying to dictate billion dollar company
>they will spend hundred+ thousand to save face with bullshit campaign of SJWs shitting on their game
>only like 100-1000 players will actually play on those servers
>its gonna be a niche gimmick that nobody will utilize and will further kill the dev team content cycle because they ahve to pander to dumb little vocal minority
>>
>>335581654
Except you will probably know these dudes from previous groups and will be droppin some bantz on the side. If not, you're not the person these servers are being designed for.
>>
File: 0MAKVfz.png (13 KB, 61x80) Image search: [Google]
0MAKVfz.png
13 KB, 61x80
>You think you want vanilla servers, but actually you want prestine servers
>>
>>335581910
>or get their PVP fix

Sure thing, just let me grab that T14 real quick :^)
>>
>>335582940
>We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community
Imagine being illiterate
>>
>>335582275
>CC
>ever coming out

lmao, can't make this up
>>
>>335582734
This is pretty much it.

Ever since TBC they've been doing everything they can to maximize profit with as little effort as possible. Cash shop mounts and making the leveling process a complete boring ass chore to promote token (and now the class trials coming with Legion). Fuck the sub tokens themselves at $20.

Guys, 14 months of HFC, 2 raid tiers, selfies. It's over. We lost.
>>
File: 1418937331135.jpg (26 KB, 720x575) Image search: [Google]
1418937331135.jpg
26 KB, 720x575
>>335581363

Mark, plz...
>>
>first post salty cause legacy servers would have no update
>not even 1% of the fucking population walked into vanilla Naxx

Alrighty.
>>
File: 1456652536570.gif (800 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1456652536570.gif
800 KB, 220x220
>>335579887

I'd play on this shit.

Holy fucking SHIT they're actually talking about removing LFG and LFR. People don't realize how big this is.

WoW IS BACK BABY
>>
File: 1415199369644.jpg (142 KB, 1195x897) Image search: [Google]
1415199369644.jpg
142 KB, 1195x897
>>335580939
You still level too fast.
>>
>>335583378
>Holy fucking SHIT they're actually talking about
Yeah, they've talked about it but it doesn't mean they're actually going to do anything
>>
So guys when are they adding that dance studio they talked so much about?
>>
>>335582835
you have no content in WoD HOW THE FUCK WILL THIS AFFECT YOUR SHIT GAME
>>
The brown-nosing on WoW forums is cringe-inducing.
>>
>>335583943
check mmo champ its way worse
>>
>>335581358
Because with gear scaling having no heirlooms only means no exp, you still have the same power.
>>
>>335583378
>I'd play on this shit.

You think you would.

But...
>>
>>335579887
The amount of changes they would have to make to the "pristine servers" would be insane. It would be 100 times the work they'd have to do to make Legacy.

And yet the fuckers have the audacity to first say that legacy is somehow really hard to implement, and then offer pristine realms as an alternative as if that was easier.

The changes they listed are the tip of the iceberg, that would recreate maybe 2% of the vanilla feel.

I'm not even completely opposed to the concept of a realm that has live content but is as good as vanilla or TBC were, but it's simply impossible. It won't happen.
>>
>>335583540
Leveling is fucking boring, is the problem. I just attempted to level a warlock not too long ago. By level 29 I had everything my spec could do, so for the next 71 levels I'd be doing the same thing, over and over and over and over and over. There's no carrot on the stick besides, "I can't wait to get this shit over with before I can really start playing the game!"

Further pruning will only make this worse, and I can only imagine they're doing it for the sole reason to push level tokens.
>>
>>335583943
Only subbed accounts can post on the WoW forums so all you get are the 35 retards still willing to pay for their 14 month content drought game
>>
>>335584205
im sure they can disable functions in the live game very easily.
>>
its like they don't know that vanilla wow and current wow are 2 completely different games.
who in they right mind would want to play modern "gather 5 mobs and one shot them" wow?
the leveling processes is the worst aspect of modern wow.
what the fuck are they thinking?
>>
File: Blizzard - itXCTMH.jpg (34 KB, 239x291) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard - itXCTMH.jpg
34 KB, 239x291
>You think we can, but we can't.
>>
>>335579887
Yes, lets make Outland and Northrend take 1000% longer to get through. Idiots.
>>
>Pristine server

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
File: Capture.png (33 KB, 1216x705) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
33 KB, 1216x705
Nothing will come out of this.
>>
>>335584205
I honestly didn't/don't want them to say they'd bring back legacy servers. I want them to realize the damage they've done to the game and to the genre and get their fucking shit together and quit making popcorn content.

But no, why bother. I'd wager a good portion of people still sub'd to retail don't even realize they are, and haven't played since early WoD. Blizz has been enjoying free money for years.
>>
>>335581992
They played for so long because Vanilla was a huge time sink when it came to its game design.

Also, private servers are free so people can drop the game and come back anytime.
>>
>>335584205
You're right. Even all of the "other" stuff they'd need to do to accomplish pristine servers (tech and customer support, hosting multiple realms, training GMs and so on) would be an equal amount of work to a vanilla server.

Also if they wanted to licence someone to host a vanilla server they could. The whole "unclear path" thing is bullshit. They're lying.
>>
>>335584323
>The changes they listed are the tip of the iceberg, that would recreate maybe 2% of the vanilla feel.
Sure they can, but it won't do shit. Basically current WoW with slower leveling. That's not even close to vanilla.

They'd have to make leveling HARDER, they'd have to bring back group quests. Many people would want classes changed, abilities back. The list goes on.
>>
>>335584464
>release pristine servers
>no one goes on it because thats not what we asked for
>why are you guys not using the new thing ? seems like you tought you wanted it but you didnt actually want it
>>
>>335584481
its like they have half of the population happy with current wow and another half that loved the game before they changed it completely.
if only they could cater to both of the demographics they could rake in the dosh.
too bad they "don't have the resources".
>>
>>335584481
I changed my IP and voted 18.691 times for "no" to show them fucking Nostcucks that nobody wants to play retail without great features such as LFG, LFR and bull prepping.
>>
>>335584873
You need to be 18 to post here. Enjoy your (You.)
>>
>>335584682
>increase every mob hp and damage +500%
>>
>>335584873
>18.691 times
Go lick the queen's feet
>>
>>335584873
(you) for you
>>
>>335579887
>We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty.

WRONG.

Hire the Nostalrius as employees. Then tell them to keep operating under the Blizzard name. Absolutely no effort what so ever. They already have everything they need so just use what they have.

All this is is a fancy "We dun wana! We dun wana! We dun wana!"
>>
>>335585070
>blizzard supporting a FREE TO PLAY version of

It's going to be a hellraiser when Blizzard allows Nostralius to keep running their code, as it's GPL licensed by ManGOS team.
They cannot deem it illegal then, since they've allowed ManGOS to be runned legally, so this is not just a Nostralius thing.
Also, Nostralius is keeping their changes closed, which is a breach of the GPL, and they can be sued for it when they get money from Blizzard for running it.
>>
>>335585235
I didn't say anything about f2p now did I?
>>
>>335584963
And end up with undoable quests because it wasn't tested?

Anyway it would still be just one more change with a fuckton more needed.
>>
>>335585452
>500% extra damage and HP
>impossible to defeat

Come on...
>>
>"We'll kinda give you what you want, but not really."

Why the fuck wouldn't they just give what the people want instead of just kinda giving them what they want.
>>
>>335585565
It's just not the type of change Blizzard would do, they make shit games but they still pretend like they care about the quality. So don't expect changes like that.
>>
>>335585672
because wow dev team are ultra cucks probably the laughing stock in blizzard hq.
>>
>>335584263
Before the mop levelling changes before 60 spriests had 2 spells and no aoe at all until 71.

I personally prefer having a functioning spec whilst i level.
>>
if blizzard ever added legacy i would play a paladin

healbot, free gear, retarded to kill
>>
>>335579887

A pristine server is at least a step in the right direction, but I still just want to play the game as it was in Vanilla. It's fucking gone now, completely gone. Blizzard should recreate it for posterity's sake if anything.
>>
>>335584873
it's ok faggot nostfags don't want "pristine servers" anyway

pristine servers sounds nothing like vanilla
>>
>>335585813
Cool to have a functioning spec, however after a certain point you have nothing else to look forward to. Just increments on the numbers.
>>
>>335579887
Even with a pristine server you're still going to be sitting in your shitty garrison all fucking day its the same shit gameplay.
>>
>>335585868
there was a rank 14 dwarf paladin back in my days
i played horde and whenever i met him he bubbled up and hearthstoned away. I still don't know how he got rank 14.
in alterac valley he used to bubble up and put on that aoe holy ground doing 0 damage, when the bubble ended he died
>>
I'd actually play on a pristine server, no cross realm shite sounds good.
>>
Don't the Runescape classic servers add new updates as well through the use of ingame pools and such?

They should at least trial it to see if there are people actually interested in legacy servers.
>>
>>335586152

This.

Ima let you guys in on a secret. WoW was imbalanced on purpose, because the tantalising promise of changes in future patches, is always more exciting than playing a balanced game where nothing changes.
>>
File: 1457116009380.jpg (23 KB, 482x453) Image search: [Google]
1457116009380.jpg
23 KB, 482x453
>>335582203
Hmmm

Blizzard spends 3 months on past content the vast majority of the fanbase doesn't give a shit about and halt new content to the game

or

Blizzard continues moving the game forward by adding new content

You nostalriusfags are insufferable, stop ruining the game for the rest of us with all you're bitching
>>
>>335586662
>Blizzard continues moving the game forward

Right over a cliff
>>
>>335586269
This. I always said the community made the game. Let me put my money where my mouth is, Blizz.
>>
>>335579887
>keep all the shitty game updates that people hate
>remove the quality of life stuff that makes it tolerable

What? What is the point? It's just playing the same game as live except REALLY FUCKING SLOW.

Because that's what people want right? To take four weeks to level from 1-100, then you get to sit in your garrison alone and spam "LFM Hellfire Citadel, no more DPS!" for hours on end?
>>
>>335586662
Blizzard didn't add new content to retail for 10 months. What would it change?

At least with Legacy servers you have content to do in-between the yearly patches.
>>
>Please don't waste any resources doing special servers. Legacy servers especially would get old really fast. People already complain about lack of updates, and legacy servers by their very nature would never get new content.
This comment represents a rather big group of players. Legacy would further split the community, and introduce an even bigger "elitism" status between fans.
At the same time it would render new expansion and patches on retail (latest version) a bit more obsolete, uninteresting, less attention and $$$.
Personally i dont care at all. Only way i would ever pay blizzard again for WoW is for legac (vanilla, bc or wotlk). But i could see how this adds to Blizzards doubt about going through with Legacy.

The post mentions protecting their IP, which is understandable and im all for. The "pristine realm" thing is just like WoW should've bin. At this current time it wouldnt do too much i think. Its good they want to "up" the challenge, but i think the problems lie even deeper within the game.

Interestingly:
>We’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.
Could this mean a compromise? Hiring Nostalrius people/community to do the job for them but under the Blizzard banner? It seems like the best outcome we could hope for.
>>
>>335586972
See the thing is that under an ideal system, you wouldn't be able to PuG an endgame raid like that.
>>
>>335587282
Blizz wont hire devs, they didnt even do the hard part which mangos did

They would need to release the code

>>335585235
>>
Losing dungeon finder would suck. It's not that it's a bad idea, it's that doing it with people from other servers encourages everyone to be a dick.
>>
Prestine server.
>no game token
Nope I will never pay for WoW again.
Fuck you and your horrible ideas for such a server.
Community is fucked either way.
>>
>>335579887

IF A TEAM OF FROGS CAN DO IT FOR FREE WITHOUT ACCESS TO THE CODE/BACKEND YOU DO, YOU CAN DO IT TOO YOU FUCKERS
>>
>>335586662
>Blizzard continues moving the game forward by adding new content
Like they've been doing this expansion? Give me a fucking break.
>>
>>335587392
I like the idea of LFG being with people from your own server if not for the fact that my server is fucking dead

there's no fix for any of this shit, gg
>>
>>335586662

They aren't really working on new content anyway

I actually don't know what the fuck they're doing. Their team has never been larger and the content production has never been slower. Look at the content droughts in MoP and WoD.
>>
People wouldn't be clamoring so much for old servers if Blizzard did more than add a half-dozen fucking Apexis zones every year.
>>
>>335587391
Is "trust" the issue? If Blizzard allows/make Nost people somehow sub-hired by the company and share code/resources with them. Are they afraid that these resources will leak online? We really see the different vision from companies like Valve here.
>>
>>335586452
Oldschool Runescape also has more players than the "current" version of the game, because Jagex accepts the fact that a lot of people just don't like the direction the game took.
>>
why is oldschool runescape ok but not legacy wow?
>>
File: 1461240240598.png (655 KB, 1100x1782) Image search: [Google]
1461240240598.png
655 KB, 1100x1782
>>335579887
>WE JUST CANT DO IT.

SO A BUNCH OF FUCKING HOBBY CODERS WITH NO ACCESS TO THE REAL BACKEND CAN CODE A VANILLA SERVER TO SUPPORT OVER 100k PEOPLE

IM PRETTY FUCKING SURE A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY COULD MANAGE IT.

>Prstine Servers
Great, now it takes forever to hit Level 100 - and you STILL end up sitting around in your Garrison.

Vanilla WoW is loved so much because nothing had been turned to shit then.

Professions took time (Butchered in WoD), shit took effort.
>>
The old days of wow are long gone. People need to just accept that and play another game

Nostalgiafags are the worst
>>
>>335587938
>Vanilla WoW is loved so much because nothing had been turned to shit then
I do miss the old days where leveling took for fucking ever, you had to grind resist gear, entire specs were useless, etc. Wrath was the pinnacle of WoW and everyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>335587379
Okay, then people wouldn't be able to raid in Warlords without being in a dedicated guild. Then what the fuck is someone supposed to do outside of that?

It's the game itself that's fucked up and unfun, not all those little features making it bad.
>>
>>335587789
No, but why would they hire amateur devs who didnt even create the core the server ran on?
>>
File: comparison.png (639 KB, 2254x1419) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
639 KB, 2254x1419
>>335588127
>If blizzard does it, the server just wont magically pop out of thin air you moron, it takes man-hours AWAY from the current game, which means less content for the rest of us

Current game is garbage regardless.

Plus they have the ability to hire people - they missed a golden chance for free $$$ with Nost.

>less content
>current game.
You don't play WoW in 2016 do you?
>>
>>335588197
>I do miss the old days where leveling took for fucking ever, you had to grind resist gear, entire specs were useless, etc. Wrath was the pinnacle of WoW and everyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot.
People enjoy the effort and reward.

I agree that WotLK was the pinnacle with Ulduar - but its easy to see where the love for Vanilla comes from
>>
>>335585070
>Hire the Nostalrius as employees
>hire these thieves, they totally deserve a wellpaid job at our company for stealing our product !
>>
>>335587938
>Professions took time (Butchered in WoD), shit took effort.
Oh yes my friend, I'd love to grind 6 xpansions of mats!

The "quick" leveling in wod made sense, since it was 5 fucking xpacs. The fact they're 10000000% fucking useless did not.
>>
It's impossible to please nostalgiafags, they'd want updates, content patches and stuff, and then complain "IT'S NOT THE SAME!" And they would all this for free of course
>>
Why don't they allow unofficial servers, but you have to login with your wow account to play.

So they get their shekels and you can have private servers.

Everyone who doesn't comply will be shot down.
>>
>>335587938
>Vanilla is chess
This only applies if a quarter of the pieces don't work as intended, another quarter are never used because they don't work at all, some pieces don't get any moves until the mid 40s and the player only enjoys it because it's the first version of chess they played.

Wod can remain candyland.
>>
>>335588626
Because IP laws don't work like that
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (39 KB, 982x145) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
39 KB, 982x145
lol
> -155
>>
>>335587438
>>no game token

Uh, you realize if you got 1:1 Legacy servers, there'd be no game token too right?

As many have already said, and were correct about, you wouldn't actually pay for Legacy servers.
>>
>>335588716
why not? blizzard can do that, its their game. Or they just say they will actively shoot down sites which wont comply
>>
File: 1429505635099.png (934 KB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1429505635099.png
934 KB, 513x1117
>not wanting BC legacy server
lmao
>>
File: 1461428528731.png (609 KB, 1644x720) Image search: [Google]
1461428528731.png
609 KB, 1644x720
>>
>>335588716
What they can do is make "mod" servers, but you have to pay them for the hosting if you want them to be free.
>>
File: 1453154867745.jpg (18 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1453154867745.jpg
18 KB, 543x405
Hey, why dont you just give up. Its never EVER gonna happen. Spare yourself the effort and greif trying to hold onto the the dream that will never come true.

Vanilla is your unrequited love, and she will never love you back. Papa Blizzard will see to that.
>>
>>335588828
Because real life doesn't work like that, please accept these facts or change the IP laws, there is no "but"
>>335588901
Yeah, and then we go back to IP/copyright problems
>>
>>335589025
>Yeah, and then we go back to IP/copyright problems
No, we don't.
See all custom games people have on shit like csgo, dota, etc...
>>
>>335588732
Blizzdrones getting that butthurt

Its true though, why spend resources hiring a new team to do that when they can hardly keep a raid like HFC from dragging on for 14 months
>>
File: 1461435014844.jpg (275 KB, 802x1038) Image search: [Google]
1461435014844.jpg
275 KB, 802x1038
LOL
>>
>>335588361
>>People enjoy the effort and reward.
Except they fucking didn't because they never got to do it, have you ever noticed how most people talking about vanilla talk about levelling? That's because they were 12 when vanilla dropped played their undead lock to 34 and forgot about the game for 7 years.
There is a massive number of people who just talk about vanilla positivity because it earns e-cred online for 'playing wow when it was good' even though they never did.
>>
>>335589025
sure it would work
>>
>>335589025
>Yeah, and then we go back to IP/copyright problems

If I make a map in WC3 and share it with other people, does that mean Blizzard's IP is at risk?
>>
>>335589087
Unofficial maps at your """""own risk"""" to download and play.

>>335589120
No, really. Please don't discuss law, ever.
>>
>>335579887
>>335580939
>pristine realm

i've been saying this since wotlk, why make it so easy to progress, kind of takes out the fun

should take a year to get to level 110, not just start with a level 100, make it worth while to level your character, that way when you are max level, max gear, it's actually worth something
>>
>>335589218
>kind of takes out the fun
The fun of running the same dungeon or doing the same zone questline for the seventh time?
>>
File: 1461384881140.jpg (68 KB, 579x576) Image search: [Google]
1461384881140.jpg
68 KB, 579x576
>>335589218
>Should take a year to level a alt
>Take a year to start enjoying the new expansion
>>
>>335589179
you haven't explained how blizzard cant just say "make login via our servers or we will sue you" in a round-about way
>>
>>335586662
The moment Blizzard releases a vanilla server its gonna pull a Runescape.
>Legacy Runescape now has more players than RS3 and I believe Runescape has a higher subscription base than WoW now
>>
>talking to the Nostalrius team
they're probably offering their code monkeys jobs
>>
>>335589309
I don't NEED to, since the IP laws does it for me,why don't you take the time to read it instead of throwing out retarded assumptions and ideas on servers
>>
>>335589264
I've never done most of the cata quests at all desu.

Leveling through lfd is too easy even without heirlooms
>>
>>335589179
>Unofficial maps at your """""own risk"""" to download and play.
Yes, exactly.
Like WC3 custom maps. If something do a "WoWEditor" and share it.
>>
>>335588197
at least the leveling experience felt like part of the game and not a slog of 100 levels 1 hitting boar asses and doing old dead content just to get max level asap.
>>
So what do WoW fans want, exactly? Vanilla servers that stay static or that slowly progress through the various patches and expansions?
>>
>>335589302
>>335589264

You know what would make levelling an alt in that circumstance better? Fucking class specific quests.
>>
>/v/ constantly complaining that WoW doesn't get enough content
>While wanting to get vanilla servers that wouldn't get ANY new content
You're just determined to hate Blizzard.
>>
>>335589097
The only reason I can sleep peacefully at night is because I know that the millennial scum on /v/ is going to end up that way.
>>
>>335589218
>should take a year to get to level 110,
Also if you die ingame, you get permabanned.
>>
>>335589457
Probably what Old Runescape did. Vanilla/BC WoW with added content that doesn't change the core mechanics of the game.
>>
>>335589457
>or that slowly progress through the various patches and expansions?

Exactly this. All the way to the end of TBC. Nothing beyond that since WOTLK and Cata sucked ass.
>>
File: 1461099144926.jpg (13 KB, 171x171) Image search: [Google]
1461099144926.jpg
13 KB, 171x171
>>335589457

They want to travel back to a time where they were still doing their education / had a moderately happy life playing an exciting new MMO that absorbed all of their free time and now they've lingered into their early/late twenties and life hasn't gone so well and now they want something to comfort them before they kill themselves eventually.
>>
>>335589503
>Fucking class specific quests.
I do miss the quests where I had to run all over the world collecting bullshit just for a marginally better weapon to be replaced in four levels.
>>
>>335589457

Vanilla servers with the bug-fix and balance status of 1.12 with slowly rolling out raids and their associated quests, followed by a server wipe 9-12 months later.
>>
>>335589415
dummy
>>
>>335579887
>We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty.
Ok, so you shut down some people who KNEW how to run vanilla regular servers but somehow you can't just as easily support regular servers yourselves?

Fucking bullshit
>>
>>335589415
Then explain why it isn't possible, what in the laws state that Blizzard can't just take the Nostalrius people onto their payroll and have them officially host vanilla servers?
>>
>>335589632

same
>>
>>335589457
No, some of them want a time machine to go back to the Vanilla days and stay there forever. Just a bunch of idiots who can't face reality and are stuck in the past.
>>
File: 1460890265176.jpg (15 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
1460890265176.jpg
15 KB, 203x248
Just got FFXIV to fill the vanilla WOW void

did I fuck up or is it actually good?
>>
>>335589623
Nail on the head right here.
>>
>>335589623

I know you're projecting but I really do feel that way.
>>
>>335589594
And what of the people who whine about balancing, bug fixes and >this patch sucks, go back to X patch
>>
>>335589752
If you have it why don't you just play it and find out?
>>
>>335589457
>Vanilla servers that stay static or that slowly progress through the various patches and expansions?

So they just want to relive the decline all over again, only this time knowing that the next patch or expansion is going to ruin the game more?

Fucking idiots.
>>
>>335587808
Which is something Blizz will never do.

Blizz reiterated the game too much, didn't iterate upon what was already there and what was successful.
>>
>>335589727
>what in the laws state that Blizzard can't just take the Nostalrius people onto their payroll

I betcha they're ex-employees
>>
File: giphy.gif (994 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
994 KB, 400x300
>>335589752
>wants vanilla WoW

>plays retail WoW clone

Yeah what
>>
File: 1433911591089.jpg (12 KB, 184x181) Image search: [Google]
1433911591089.jpg
12 KB, 184x181
"So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder. We aren’t sure whether this version of a clean slate is something that would appeal to the community and it’s still an open topic of discussion. "

This is actually better than Vanilla

And what a true MMO should be designed around

HOWEVER...

>access to cross realm zones

I don't see the harm in Cross Realm Zones as it gives less populated zones more life and can still provide a good WPvP aspect

Especially if...

>as well as group finder

This means they're forced to travel, explore the world, thus getting people out there in the world

What Vanilla server does is only limit content to pre-BC, which gets boring fast, the idea of a pristine server to include all current content plus the added hardships of vanilla is probably the best option
>>
>>335589503
>class specific quests.
>oh boy class specific quests sure are great guys!!
Fuck off Legion shill
>>
>>335589727
No, I'm not here to spoonfeed you
>>
File: 1457618395367.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1457618395367.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>335586662
>by adding new content
>>
>>335579887
Why don't they have a time travel expansion back to vanilla WoW?
>>
>>335589415
This is complete nonsense. IP law can be extremely vague and heavily favors the owner of the IP. Not protecting your trademark can damage the IP, but if Blizzard said 'we'll license a vanilla copy of our server software to you for $1 / month', they could do so. They know so. Because every single multiplayer game that lets people host their own servers does so.

You make it sound like the IP law describes an excruciatingly exact process that they will have to go through specifically to enable this. It doesn't.

If IP law is so vicious, how the fuck do you think companies get away with abusing the hell out of the DMCA? Because the owner of an IP can do just about anything with it.
>>
>>335589945
Everyone would hate it even more than WoD after the initial nostalgiagoggles batteries run out
>>
File: jojo.jpg (103 KB, 587x566) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
103 KB, 587x566
>>335589929

>Legion shill

What the fuck did you call me you son of a bitch?
>>
>>335589727

It sets a legal precedent.
>This one group made a pirate server and you started paying them so you have no legal grounds to sue this other group that is doing the same thing
basically.
>>
>>335589646
Nobody would fucking pay a sub for that.
>>
>>335589727
Seriously?

That encourages more people to go out and make private servers on the off chance Blizzard will want to hire them. There is a good demand for vanilla servers, just not enough to justify it. Ultimately they would lose money and players from the current servers for which they're still making content.
>>
>>335590085

Why not?
>>
>>335579887
>change their stance from 100% no to we may actually look into this
>/v/ STILL complains

i fucking hate all of you
>>
>for these servers, we're removing all the shitty things you guys claim to hate about WoW and making new prestine realms!
>NOOO!! FUCK YOU FAGGOT!!! WE WANT TO PLAY THAT OUTDATED SHIT FROM 2006!!!!!!

I used to have sympathy for the nostists but now I'm glad blizzard fucked their shit. Pristine sounds like a good change. Go back to /r/nostalrius faggots.
>>
>>335589930
Ah, so you admit that you're both wrong and a retard then? Good.
>>
>>335590114
>There is a good demand for vanilla servers, just not enough to justify it.

There was no demand for Legion, but they made that didn't they? Get out with this terrible argument.
>>
>>335582734
>modelers are the same as game design devs

Nostfags are literally this stupid and salty
>>
>>335588282

Content wise I can admit that Cataclysm was probably the most impressive with all the old world re-designs. But what the fuck is going on now?
>>
>>335590156
because it's not them looking into it, it's them saying "eh heres something that is really easy for us to do, throw that at em"

it was made by the same guy who said "you think you do but you don't"
>>
>>335590156

Should I suck their dick or something? Because they said they might look into it? Neck yourself.
>>
>>335590114
But then they could just crackdown and shut them down without anybody bitching about it because they already have people what they wanted in an official capacity.
>>
>>335590195
I don't admit to anything retard, you're the uneducated one regarding IP laws, fuck off underage
>>
>>335589623

Yes, yes I do.
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (130 KB, 617x260) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
130 KB, 617x260
>tfw
>>
>>335590085
They would if rewards transfer over.

Think extended diablo seasons.

Obviously not gear, but cosmo stuff, titles, world first titles, etc.
>>
>>335582096
>blizzard not wanting to be associated with poor coders.

You mean like they already do?
>>
>>335590212
>There was no demand for an expansion pack or Demon Hunters
lel Nostbabbies

People have always thought TBC should have introduced Demon Hunters
>>
>>335590317
Burden of proof faggot, if you want to insist that it's not something they can do then you need to show why.
>>
>>335589457
these people aren't WoW fans, they're just edgy nerds that have an autistic amount of hate for a company and will bitch at them even when they get what they ask for so they can stick it to the man.
>>
File: 1398995484349.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
1398995484349.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
>>335590372
>soloing that quest
>getting that axe at the same time you get Mortal Strike
>>
>>335590374
>Obviously not gear, but cosmo stuff, titles, world first titles, etc.

But that stuff isn't Vanilla. That's new stuff. Aka WoD quality.
>>
http://legion.wowhead.com/item=137047/heathcliffs-immortality

Sick anime reference Blizz
>>
>>335590416
If you want to insist on your terrible ideas regarding vanilla servers then do it on mmochamp with the rest of the uneducated faggots spewing parroted opinions and memes
>>
>>335589264
>>335589302
>>335589536
think about it, the grind would be the same for 1-60, then you have to gear up from all the raids to even think about going to TBC, have to level through every zone, gear up through the heroics and raids, then set foot in wotlk and keep going

some people are such shitters they wouldn't even leave vanilla

so there you go, pristine server = all the shitters stuck in vanilla
>>
>>335590438
yeah they aren't WoW fans

few people are WoW fans nowadays
>>
>>335590042
Class quests were shit that nobody want, and the fact they're bringing them back and making them a major focus in Legion is just a sign it's gonna suck.
>>
>>335589925
nobody does WPvP since TBC. Cross realms zone have their pros but i think the servers will be populated enough to keep it community based.
>>
>>335586662
Yeah, man, that one content patch in WoD was really great, huh?
>>
>>335590374
So nothing like Vanilla, got it.
>>
>>335582017
Their excuse was literally "muh intellectual property"
>>
I'm a lawyer who specializes in content creation, especially for YouTubers so I don't exactly have a lot of know in the online video game world but of what I do know >>335590006 is probably the most correct in this thread. IP laws heavily favor the creator and Blizzard would probably have final say on any other private servers that would come into being.
>>
>>335590585
>Class quests were shit that nobody want,

You're fucking deluded mate, there's no reason to not want class specific quests. They're literally the best and most memorable part of the game for those that have the big ones.
>>
File: 616815687_preview_1454377590605.png (602 KB, 963x720) Image search: [Google]
616815687_preview_1454377590605.png
602 KB, 963x720
>>335579887
>cant do legacy servers cause no code
literally impossible to work off emulators like Nost did
>cant do legacy because of bnet support
diablo 2 and wc3 have bnet support now

>mfw
>>
>>335590571
Yeah, it's a terrible idea, and frankly, you should kys cause I can't fire you for that terrible idea
>>
>>335590576
thanks I agree
>>
>>335579887
They've probably been planning this shit for a bit. 25th anniversary of Blizzard, and 10th BlizzCon this year. Makes sense for them to shut down Nost now if they're planning on gearing up to announce a classic/pristine realm/server at BlizzCon. Also makes sense since they otherwise have practically nothing to announce at BlizzCon since Overwatch, Legion, and Warcraft film are all dropping before BlizzCon.
>>
>MFW I would work for Blizz and put together a team of 3-4 that could get classic servers going and I could fund it all for less than 1 million a year

300k starting salary for me
125k per team member
200k left over for infrastructure costs

This plan would equalize at 6000 subscribers (paying $12 a month) which is lowballing it. I would seriously quit my current programming job right now and take on all the risks and woes of managing a team (which I've never done before) to do this because I'm confident it's that easy.
>>
>>335590747
>Make sure to pre-order Legion™, coming this August 30th!!!

Fuck off.
>>
>>335590769
it's good heck the heck off son.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (81 KB, 598x260) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
81 KB, 598x260
is he right?
>>
File: hi.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>335590212
There's a shitton of demand for Legion, you faggot, the stuff they're adding looks much better than the trash you vanillafags want back.

>actually wanting to run Molten Bore again
>actually wanting to run AQ again
>actually wanting that shitty old PvP where people get globaled all over the place

>wanting 40 man raiding back IN GENERAL

absolutely FUCKING disgusting
>>
I can't describe how Hally I am that legacy servers are never happening.

I was having a stressful day and reading this definitive no just feels amazing. Fuck anyone stuck in the past.
>>
>>335590764
>diablo 2 and wc3 have bnet support now

No they don't. They just have classic b.net like before.
>>
File: 1406223827772.png (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1406223827772.png
46 KB, 250x250
When will they add facebook achievement updates? I'm literally sick of not being able to show my friends my progress
>>
>>335590764
But it'd be haaaaaaard Anon
>>
>>335590571

I like this idea. like if you had to get an item from deep within Naxxramas to open the portal to outland. That would be fucking awesome.
>>
File: 1438896342062.jpg (16 KB, 273x280) Image search: [Google]
1438896342062.jpg
16 KB, 273x280
>>335590848
>paying $12 a month
Started laughing there
>>
File: iamdissapoint.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
iamdissapoint.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>335590769
thats how the game should have went, but no, they made it so every shitter could play every raid because of heirlooms and badge gear and shit

the game would have a much longer shelf life if they didn't make it easy for shitters to come along and experience end game content and be bored a couple months later
>>
>>335590913

I think Legion looks like shit, and I won't play it. You're make false equivalences here m80
>>
>>335590939
difficult as in, tedious
>>
>>335590939
>leveling to 60 took months
>micromanaging gold was important to even JUST LEARN YOUR SPELLS, let alone buy BoE or a mount, heavens forbid a fucking epic mount
>doing dungeons until you had BiS was rough and required weeks of effort for most classes
>professions didn't provide nearly the insane bonuses they do now and were more a means of making money, but enjoy the competition or asking for tips :)

i could keep going for an hour probably at least tb h
>>
File: 1435704617489.jpg (28 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1435704617489.jpg
28 KB, 320x320
>>335590945
>There's a shitton of demand for Legion, you faggot

Even the big name Blizzdrone streamers that still play WoW and rely on sucking Blizzteet for their livelihood are disillusioned about Legion.
>>
>>335590945

>There's a shitton of demand for Legion

Really? How many people signed a petition asking for the specific creative design changes in Legion? Hmm? How many? What's that? Zero?
>>
One of the biggest complaints about WoD is that it had no content and has had the same endgame raid for almost a year now.

Legitimate question: Wouldn't a Legacy server be the exact same but with even less content? Won't Naxxramas get kind of dull after a year?
>>
>>335591129
tedious
this in no way means difficult, just time consuming and for autistics.
>>
>>335591090
Salty nostcuck detected
>>
>>335590985
so what ur saying is they found a work-around to get their older games with "older code" to work today.

hmmm......
>>
>>335590939
If that's code for more boring, then yes.

Which isn't to say WoD/Retail isn't also boring.

WotLK was the height, and it's just been sliding back, pandering to vanilla cucks and making the game boring again.

Garrisons, player housing, was the number one requested feature back in vanilla, as well as the entirety of WoD's time travel plot being "putting the warcraft back in world of warcaft" after everyone whined how MoP was very un-warcraft like.
>>
File: 1461437720755.jpg (204 KB, 1014x691) Image search: [Google]
1461437720755.jpg
204 KB, 1014x691
>>335591181
>petition
>ever mattering
pick 1
>>
File: 1239486548.png (175 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1239486548.png
175 KB, 624x352
>tfw I only started playing in 2011
>missed out on supposedly the 3 best eras of WoW
>always feel left out in WoW threads because all anyone talks about is BC and WotLK
>>
>>335591209
>efficiency and optimizing the gear/money grind through game knowledge =/= skill

yeah i mean i guess strategy games are really easy too, you just RMB on the map right?

or racing games you just pretty much press W right?
>>
>>335590571
Blizzard's idea of pristine server would not unfuck professions and current content. If you were a mythic raider on pristine server, nothing would change, you still would raid 3 hours a week and then sit in garrison and never see another player. Current state of game just doesnt support vanilla mindset, it would have to be complete remake.
>>
>>335591129
That's not difficulty though that's just grinding.
>>
>b-but Blizz has the resources to make vanilla servers

It would still take time and effort. You fucks talk shit about how long it takes them to get new content out but now want them to split the team up to make servers a handful of people would use for a few months.
>>
>>335579887

>Can't do it

Yeah right. If a bunch of backwater geeks can do it without the huge amount of money Blizzard has available, and does it with a larger amount of people than on retail realms, with good latency AND scripted well--

Then so can fucking Blizzard. Fuck you Blizzard. I'm not buying this shit
>>
>>335591296

>nobody asks for your game
>it sells moderately well
>so many people want your game that a petition is made for it and garners huge attention
>it sells _____

Fill in the blanks
>>
>>335591352
>it took longer, that means it more difficult
>>
File: 1460617184870.png (163 KB, 633x900) Image search: [Google]
1460617184870.png
163 KB, 633x900
>>335591183
delete this
>>
>>335586662
>new content
WoD has been a literal barren wasteland, there's nothing absolutely no content in that shitty expac.
>>
>>335591335
WotLK was the true WoW casualizer.

If you didn't play in Vanilla or BC you never experienced what WoW was meant to be played like.
>>
>>335581741
>Literally ignoring the point of the post

oh god you really are just a massive fag
>>
>>335591490
I'm not trying to shit post or anything, it just seems like Vanilla forever would get boring after awhile.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.