[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is that Ghost in the Shell game any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 00.jpg (405 KB, 817x1000) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
405 KB, 817x1000
Is that Ghost in the Shell game any good?
>>
>>335126127
it's an F2P FPS by NEXON. take a guess
>>
I like it. It's only $5. The matchmaking can suck sometimes
>>
No.

Played a good bit of it with some friends who couldn't tough it out as long as me and we all agree on several things to its detriment.

The progress system is confusing. You're not made aware of many systems you have to stumble upon by accident. There's very few maps and game modes are map restricted. If you want to play a certain map or mode you've got to play that one or two maps that's both. There's very little incentive to take advantage of the team power synergies. When Motoko shares invisibility only the nearest few people can get in on it, and it's not good in the first place. Everyone can see through the Therm-Optic Camo's shimmer. They also take a long time to charge up for group sharing.

The movement's not tight. The shooting's not good at all. You always think that guy should have gotten hit a lot more because there's well hidden spread. You never think you should have died for any reason other than the guys shooting at you had better numbers on their guns and attachments. Attachments that are unlocked in a completely non-sensical way that seems random after each match.
>>
>>335126127
>a second mounted sight tilted on a 45degree rail
literally
>>
Play neotokyo instead.
>>
File: 1448827452058.jpg (72 KB, 832x624) Image search: [Google]
1448827452058.jpg
72 KB, 832x624
>>335129329
dl the soundtrack first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPUp2PiCYBY
>>
File: git game.jpg (127 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
git game.jpg
127 KB, 1000x563
>>335128526
>You're not made aware of many systems you have to stumble upon by accident.
Such as?

>There's very little incentive to take advantage of the team power synergies
BS.
Thermo camo may not be the best, but regenerating health helps anyone, so does the wall hack perk, and hypersprint allows you to jump to good ambush points. All of those are shared abilities.

>When Motoko shares invisibility only the nearest few people can get in on it
Of course you gotta be close to sync. You wanna be able to turn invisible from across the map? The tactic is that even if close together, you gotta defend/attack from a different angle to help capture the node, defend it etc.
-And her invisibility is not meant to be %100 invisible like the TF2 spy. It's mean to give you a tactical advantage, even if only for 4 seconds, which is a lot of TTK. It's GREAT when synced with regenerating health, hyper sprint, and especially the wall hacking.

>The shooting's not good at all. You always think that guy should have gotten hit a lot more because there's well hidden spread.
You know there are lasers and barrel upgrades to increase accuracy, reduce recoil etc. right? And the base recoil/accuracy varies from gun to gun.

You can buy a ton of attachments for any gun you have as soon as it's purchased.
>>
>>335128931
literally what?
>>
>>335129926
>such as
Such as everything that's not what's shown to you immediately. Including the entire cyberware system tucked away in the Recruits page.

Regenerating Health is one of the worst for long charge time. By the time that's up, everyone's usually dead. Remember, this is a Quick Play pub based multiplayer mode. You can't defend the mechanics from an advanced and strategic gameplay (which basically means getting into a teamspeak with some mates because there's no voip in game iirc) side because that's not what the a/v/erage guy's gonna get if they load up and hop in.

>lasers and barrels to increase accuracy and reduce recoil
Yeah, like I said, the guys killing you constantly have bought better numbers for their basally better guns with NeoPoints or whatever.

I played a good bit of this shit and I'd call it just that. Shooting and moving does not feel good and that's paramount. Vaulting walls isn't smooth. Climbing ladders is sticky.

It's just another subpar F2P FPS but painted nicely with a cool pre-existing tone.
>>
>>335130948
>Regenerating Health is one of the worst for long charge time. By the time that's up, everyone's usually dead.
Then save it for when it benefits the team the most. That's tactics.
Just because you have it and the team's dead doesn't mean you HAVE to be selfish and use it yourself. If you're the last one alive defending a point, don't use it. Die, let the enemy advance to the point, then when your team is now attacking in unison, pop the regenerating health for your team. Abilities are not mean to be plentiful. Use then when it's tactically advantageous.

>this is a Quick Play pub based multiplayer mode. You can't defend the mechanics from an advanced and strategic gameplay (which basically means getting into a teamspeak with some mates because there's no voip in game iirc) side because that's not what the a/v/erage guy's gonna get if they load up and hop in.
Any team base game is gonna suck when you don't play as a team. Battlefield. TF2 etc.
When you play a game (any game) you conform to play by that game's mechanics.
The mechanics don't conform to how you play.

>Yeah, like I said, the guys killing you constantly have bought better numbers for their basally better guns with NeoPoints or whatever.
I've grinded for mine. It's not P2W.

>I played a good bit of this shit and I'd call it just that. Shooting and moving does not feel good and that's paramount. Vaulting walls isn't smooth. Climbing ladders is sticky.
That's your opinion. I like it, and I like playing as a team, sharing my abilities, and combining my abilities when someone else shares theirs (like an invisible Batou with arm rockets).
>>
File: 1454610840684.jpg (88 KB, 801x591) Image search: [Google]
1454610840684.jpg
88 KB, 801x591
>>335130286
literally look at the fucking picture and you will see a side ride with a side tilted at 45 you blind shitter that serves no purpose other than for unnecessary redundancy
>>
File: IPSC-Rifle-SM-2011-0073[1].jpg (162 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
IPSC-Rifle-SM-2011-0073[1].jpg
162 KB, 1000x667
>>335133382
The red dot is for close targets, the scope is for far away targets. How is this a difficult concept to grasp?
>>
>>335133382
you know it actually serves a purpose? It's just a sight for different purposes than scope.
Holy shit, play CoD at least.
>>
I liked it but I don't think anyone is playing anymore. It was great at forcing random strangers to work together, something most FPS suck at.
>>
>>335133382
That's something a lot of marksmen use, reatard.
>>
Post more thick operators.
>>
>>335126127
That's literally the same girl in the same pose as in that female warrior doujin.
>>
>>335126127
MORE BROWN
>>
File: 1358374862783.jpg (938 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
1358374862783.jpg
938 KB, 900x1600
>>335134786
Brown you say?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.