[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened, PCbros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1461010228939.jpg (159 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461010228939.jpg
159 KB, 600x600
>console
-plug and play

>pc
-have to create controller profiles for unsupported games
-latest drivers make things worse
-gpu company gimps games so they run worse on rival gpus
-unlocked frame rate is annoying. Vsync drops frames.
-have to find a good chair
-wrists still hurt
-constantly worry about the next upgrade
-have to grind all those skins or pay up
-have to keep telling myself DotA will be relevant for the rest of my life and all other games suck
>>
My version is better
>>
>Console
>Plug and play
Ahahaha

>Get new console game
>Go to put it in console, but need the controller so you can eject the disc currently in it
>Controller is dead, need to plug it in
>Put game in console
>Find out only the basic files are on the disk. The rest of the game needs to be downloaded in a 40 GB patch.
>And then installed
>Greeted with a screen telling you about all the DLC available and asking you if you'd like to proceed to the store
>Finally see the title screen
>New game
>Has to recap the entire story of the previous game or give you a 20 minute cutscene about the story
>Unskippable tutorial teaching you the very basics of the genre
>You finally get to play
>Realize the game runs at 25 FPS with dips anytime anything explodes
>Delude yourself into thinking the game is at least decent and slog through it since you spent $60 on it
>>
File: PTM2.gif (38 KB, 467x398) Image search: [Google]
PTM2.gif
38 KB, 467x398
>console
-several different $500 investments minimum that play a limited library each
-forced to play westernshit that churns out unfinished, buggy non-games
-forced to play japshit that churns out out-of-touch japan-focused content, though admittedly lots of Japanese games are fun, like Nintendo games, Platinum games etc

>pc
-Dunk $900 dollars on a setup that lasts you for 7 years and plays everything from 8 years ago prior
-manually replace broken parts instead of waiting a gorillion years for approved technicians to do a trivial electronics job
-huge library of games from all generations
-emulators for outdated systems that are brainlessly easy to set up
-free reign to pirate out-of-print games because no-one can be fucked suing someone over a product they don't make money from
-large variety of online multiplayer free to play games in various qualities and outlets
-can browse the internet and play games simultaneously
-can safely ignore AAA garbage if you have a favourite niche, most of the niches that are unprofitable on console
>>
>console
-controller built quality is trash
-updates are 7-14 gb
-exclusives dont work like this?
-sub 25 fps is more annoying
-have put couch in bedroom or sit on the floor
-fingers still hurt from sharp convex thumbsticks
-10 years with no upgrade
-have to pay for season pass or you cant play online
-have to keep telling myself Halo will be relevant for the rest of my life and all other fps games suck
>>
>>335112203
dark souls is a niche and you got it thru petitioning for it
>>
>>335112203
>playing old games
you cant do that forever anon
>>
>>335111960

PC:
>have to spend ~$3000 just to get a pc that can run games on anything over medium
>have to spend approximately 2 weeks waiting for parts to arrive, then another 2 weeks to put them all together
>have to have a sound card if you want sound
>need to have a monitor if you want to see anything
>have to buy a $100 hdmi cable if you want high resolutions
>finally get all the hardware set up, now you have to pay around $200 for windows (linux is free but can't play many games)
>get windows set up, now you have to spend a day or two setting up all your drivers and finding them online if you didn't buy a CD drive
>finally get drivers set up, now you have to install steam and games which take about 6 hours each
>now you're finally ready to play games -- but wait, now your game is crashing on start up because of some obscure incompatibility
>now you have to spend hours online trying to find a solution, which may or may not exist or be hidden in some forum from 2005
>if you find a solution, now you can start playing your one (1) game that you installed
>once you get in game, you realize that the graphics aren't even that much better than console and because you didn't spend more money, they don't run as well
>start to realize that there aren't even any good games other than strategy games and retro games to play
>start to realize the community is even more cancerous with their HURR DURR MASTURD RICE shit
>become disillusioned with gaming altogether because all the money you dumped into your PC
>start shitposting on /v/ when you see how much fun console users are having
>PC drives up your electricity bill and makes your house hot
>can't play couch co-op ever
>finally turn pc into 4chan machine and buy a ps4 or xbone

b-b-but muh mustard race am i rite?
>>
>>335112427
>third-person ARPG
>niche
>>
>>335111510
Damn grandpa please just stick to consoles
>>
>>335112575
Oh I'm sorry its not a niche anymore. Its yearly casual CoD trash.
>>
>Console
-400 dollar for pre-order PS4
-499 dollar for new PS4.5
-70 dollar for 1 year online
-70-60 dollar per game
-50 dollar for PS move
-1000 dollar for a decent 4K TV
-500 dollar for a couch
>>
File: fucknigger.gif (633 KB, 496x280) Image search: [Google]
fucknigger.gif
633 KB, 496x280
>>335111960
LOLOLOL
>get a new game
<put it in console
>it starts up and downloads the patch in minutes because im not a poor nigger
<play on my charged controller that i charged because im not mentally handicapped

6/10 got me to reply
>>
>>335112534
Can you at least try to make some quality bait?
>>
>>335112716
The genre was never niche. TLoZ is one of the most popular game series and it falls in the exact same genre.
>>
>>335112534
At least make it look a little bit real anon

no one will fall for this one
>>
File: 1457821598301.png (560 KB, 600x651) Image search: [Google]
1457821598301.png
560 KB, 600x651
>>335112203
>-free reign to pirate out-of-print games because no-one can be fucked suing someone over a product they don't make money from
What is Nostarlius
>>
>>335112832
>>335112916
t. Buttblasted PCucks
>>
>>335112427
>souls series
>niche

>>335113317

Nostalrius is a direct competitor with Blizzard's WoW product. It is a version of their product that is unavailable, but the kind of product is still available.

It would be like making a private server for Starcraft 2: WoL. It would be a direct competitor to LotV. Blizzard however doesn't give a fuck about Brood War private servers because BW isn't a product they are selling.
>>
>>335113646
yearly Ubitrash that has never been good since the sequel (ds1). My bad.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.