[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banner Saga 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: startscreenpng-1088be_765w.jpg (112 KB, 764x430) Image search: [Google]
startscreenpng-1088be_765w.jpg
112 KB, 764x430
Has anyone else finished the game yet? I want to discuss it with people and try to find out the differences between playthroughs.
>>
Unlike the first game where it was a massacre and nearly every character that could die did, this time around I seemed to have fared better at survival.

Mogun asked me to stop being a warrior and become a family man and I let him

Ekkil presumably died while fighting the Dredge, I never saw him again (The old man, on the other hand, came back as the sole survivor)

And I let Ugin go with the horses to the south. (Maybe he would have gone either ways, not sure)

I thought Aleo died in some mysterious way because he isn't on my roster anymore but then he kept appearing in cutscenes and dialogues so I guess it's just a weird bug.
>>
>>335056986
Did you not have the horseborn massacre happen to you at the very end?
>>
>>335056986
>I thought Aleo died in some mysterious way because he isn't on my roster anymore but then he kept appearing in cutscenes and dialogues so I guess it's just a weird bug.
Same thing happened to me. Based on all the lore-based dialogue he gives out, my guess is that he's one of the characters that can't die. Weird bug.
>>
File: Suicide.gif (890 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
Suicide.gif
890 KB, 305x320
>MFW I missed out on the chance to capture a bear and have it go around fucking shit up because I allowed Elrik to go back to the Strand in the first game
It's not fucking fair
>>
File: yes.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
231 KB, 1920x1080
Who else /boned Alette/ here?
>>
>>335057215
Do you mean the part where some guy comes in and tells you someone died and then you see the horse woman smiling? I was gonna mention that but it was so unclear and I have no idea what actually happened there.
>>
>>335057658
>Alette
That's Oddleif, you faen idiot
It would be very fucked up if you got the chance to bone your dead daughter
>>
File: ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>335057493
SHIT, REALLY? Me too, man. That explains the bear achievement.
>>
>>335056723
hows the gameplay in these games?
>>
>>335058103
Deciding wheather people you are leading should starve or fall off the cliff
Some tactical fights with weird but enjoyable mechanics
Game is rather short and story driven
>>
>>335057801
The scout comes in and tells you that the population of Tolir, one of the villages you visited before, has been ransacked and there were hoove marks all over, it's heavily implied the horsewoman did it
If you talk with the other horseborn they tell you how in their society when the herd is too big it's time to thin it out but they understand that it's different with Rook, the horsewoman doesn't seem to have the same respect for your ways as the others do
Also, Tryvgi says "the blue and yellow lies", predicting she would be a traitor and that you shouldn't get her. The exact same thing happens in the first game, where he tells you to avoid the man with the helmet, Onef
>>
>>335058103
It's pretty decent, it has some fun strategy to it and is unique and peculiar in how it works compared to most other tactics games.

The combat is definitely not the strong point of the game, though. I like everything else better.
>>
Anyone managed to kill the Eyeless in the Hard difficulty? I tried like three times before finally running off after I knocked him out
Wonder if he will show up later because of that, maybe attack Aberrang?
>>
>>335059892
That's cool, but I don't remember Tryggvi in the first game, I thought he was a new addition.
>>
>>335056723
Shit I forgot about it. Need to replay first game to even remember characters.

Am I the only one who wanted Rook to hit it off with Chieftain's widow, the archer?
>>
>>335060204
Not me, I didn't even try to go after her. Just barely killed her by the skin of my teeth the first time
>>
>>335060627
Funny you say that... >>335057658
>>
>>335060309
Oh right, he was a pre-order/backer exclusive character.
>>
>>335060721
kek only noticed this myself. Noice.
>>
>>335060627
You get to fuck her in the second game if you want
>>
>>335057493

I captured the bear and nothing happened
>>
>>335061842
He gets a summon bear ability in future battles.
>>
So did this game end the series or will we see a 3rd game?
>>
Overwatch is completely broken, what does Rook get if you kept him alive?

Also, I still don't fully understand what having fighters/varl does.

Who sided with the king, who sided with that gobshite chieftain? Who let Eyeless live?

I decided to look out for my caravan and fuck the rest of them. Let Eyeless live because it's what Bellower would have wanted.
>>
>>335062839
It's been planned as a trilogy from the start.
>>
>>335057658
Oh yis, i'm gonna do that (once i buy the game and replay the first one). Rook deserves a fucking break. Can he bone the other girl too? The widow of the village mayor?
>>
>>335063304
>Overwatch is completely broken, what does Rook get if you kept him alive?
It's funny, Rook gets an ability that lets you enter pillage mode or something (the thing where all people attack at once that happens when you have only one enemy left)

But I never actually got the chance to use the ability. I sure wish I had it with the Raven Varl, though.
>>
>>335065010
That's the widow of the village mayor, m8.
>>
shilling for a buddy of mine, since I enjoy his vids and he started recording this game a few days ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cz5fRniTKo
>>
>>335056723
I finished it 2 minutes ago I found the fights to be easier actually than in the first game but still the direction the story is going in seems interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to banner saga 3 desu.

Also what happens when you decide to stay outside of abberang ?
If I knew that I had to fight Hakon I would have stayed outside.
>>
>>335056723
is the turn combat the same from the first game?
>>
>>335063304
Unlike the first game, having fighters and varls seems to be completely useless in this game. They took out the war mechanic. Maybe in the third game having more fighters will be a reward so it was worth keeping as many as you could.

I sided with the king because 1) I understand that the city is only so big. 2) I want to save my people and above all else 3) The governor is a fucking asshole. I gave him plenty of chances at redemption and the asshole squandered every one of them. Hopefully I'll get to murder him next game.

As for the Eyeless, I didn't kill her not because I was roleplaying, but because I had no chance. I had to pussy out, which is a real shame. If I ever replay this game eventually (after episode 3 is done) I'll definitely try to kill her and be more prepared for her.
>>
>>335057658
So they finally get something together I was already hoping for it since the first game.
Also did anyone here play as Alette ?
I'm shipping her and Egil definitely if I get that chance.
>>
>>335065568
>Also what happens when you decide to stay outside of abberang ?
>If I knew that I had to fight Hakon I would have stayed outside.
What? There was a choice to stay outside? You sure about that? The king let me in when I sided with him in the meeting and helped him fortify the city. I imagined that you'd get to the city one way or another, either by going with the king or by breaking in with the governor.

Surprised you had to fight Hakon, too. Definitely did not expect the game to be that flexible. Really glad I sided with Hakon now.
>>
>>335065696
Yeah its exactly the same.
>>
Does your caravan and fighters get ported into second game or it doesn't matter? I want to replay first game again and I know that feeding scrubs gives you nothing in first game.
>>
>>335065943
Yeah the prince died in my game and the king blamed hakon for it so he didn't let varl enter the city. I thought best thing would be to get my people into safety but then you have to fight Hakon which sucks.
>>
>>335065947
Everything gets ported in. Big choices, small choices they make occasional mentions to, your caravan numbers, your leveling up and skill decisions, your items. Although I believe that every character from the last game that was below level 3 gets leveled up to level 3 at the start of the game.
>>
So the world is fucked up because eyvind brought juno back form the dead right ?
And to do that he killed the bellowers wife and children in some way right ?
>>
>>335066089
Oh shit, the prince can die? Where did he die? So you actually do have a choice to stay outside?

That's weird that Hakon would fight you, though. It's more understandable in my version because the king is glad the prince is alive and lets Hakon in. What justification does he give you? I guess maybe the reason is just "This isn't right, the king is he king"?
>>
>>335066179
Iver was the one that killed Bellower's wife and kid back before the events of the first game, dozens to hundreds of years ago.
I don't think menders are ageless so I imagine that whatever Juno and Eyvind did to Bellower and the Dredge is a different thing entirely.

But yes, I think it has something to do with Eyvind bringing Juno back to life. And maybe it's also somehow related to the gods supposed death and the sun stopping? So many questions to answer.
>>
I'm excited to see how they explainthe connection between the sun stopping and the darkness spreading.
>>
>>335057918
That's a weird way to spell "hot".
>>
>>335066287
Well in a battle with the dredge you can send te prince together with the governor's bodyguard to flank them and he dies there. Actually it was stupid of me to send the guy because the governor's man probably killed him, he was actually getting nicer to everyone unlike his earlier cuntish behaviour.

Also Hakon is fighting you because just like the rest he wants to get his people onside the city walls.
>>
>>335066498
Maybe necromancy was what made te gods get fed up with humanities idiocy and just went fuck this world.
>>
>>335065395
Damn, i forgot how they looked even. What was the name of the other woman - a particularly good archer Oddlief starts training towards the end of the first game?
>>
>>335067657
I think you mean nid.
She appearantly has sons atleast there was a part about that.
>>
Guys is there actually a name for drawing style used in this game I mean the visuals are absolutely beautiful.
I read that it was based on old disney movies like snowhite etc.
>>
>>335067172
Oh, damn. Yeah, I definitely didn't risk it. I did have both the old man (Sparr I believe was his name) and Ekkil go fight the dredge because I was desperate and wanted to avoid as many fights as I could.

Sparr came back, Ekkil didn't.
>>
>>335067657
Nid, she's a mother of three children and I believe still married to her (living) husband.

I'm glad I went through the trouble of watching a playthrough on youtube and checking the wiki for details that I had forgotten from the previous game. This game doesn't have a good recap and it just straight puts you up into it.

I imagine this game will be much more well received and beloved when all three games are out and they release them in some one-in-all package. I'll most certainly replay the game at that point too.
>>
>>335068638
You mean ekkil as in the blond guy who has a crush on alette ?
>>
>>335068223
When it comes to animation, they did indeed use the classic Disney animation style from back in the day of rotoscoping

As for the actual art, it's fucking cool but I don't know of a name for it either. Looks straight out of story books.
>>
File: ekkil.png (49 KB, 168x168) Image search: [Google]
ekkil.png
49 KB, 168x168
>>335068857
Nah, that guy died with me in the first game because I got Onef (The helmet-wearing dude that betrays you)

Ekkil is this dude. It's possible you either told him to piss off or killed him in the first game.
>>
>>335068638
>Ekkil didn't.

It funny how hard it is to keep that guy alive. Isn't there an achievement even in the first game if you manage to not kill him by the end of the story?
>>
>>335069164
Damn, i mean egil.
>>
>>335069164
that's Egil, the shield-wearing kid
>>
File: rook.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rook.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
who /Punished Rook/ here?
>>
>>335069364
>playing as a grill
>shitty archer
Sorry, Alette.
>>
>>335069364
>letting your daughter shoot a huge stone beserker
>>
>>335069164
Yeah there was in the first game ,also in this he confesses his love to alette near the shrine of the goddess of beauty and then you can tell him that you love him too, friendzone him or tell him that you don't feel that way.
>>
Have they fixed Alette in second game or is she still suck dicks as an archer?
>>
is it worth it to play through the first game again and unfuck some of my story choices? I blew up the bridge without permission because I didn't think I had a choice
>>
>>335058063
>>
>>335069964
It has been a long time since I played the first one but this time alette can wreck some shit I mostly used her to fuck up te armors of enemies before they get into melee range same with oddleif.
>>
>>335070345
I hope we get to kill that cunt in the third game.
>>
>>335069870
No fucking? I guess maybe they're still kids.
>>
>>335069364
I'm so glad I have Rook over Alette. I like his character and he has great abilities and is great at fighting.

Although Alette apparently can be trained into becoming a mender, so that's cool too.
>>
>>335069964
She gets overwatch, which shoots everything that moves within her range. It's bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
>>
>>335069964
She supposedly has a really overpowered ability according to the people who are playing as hero or played as her.
I wouldn't know, Rook is the same bad ass he always was. He has an ability that sounds cool but I never actually got the chance to use throughout the entire game.
>>
>>335070072
Eh, you should probably just go with the flow, it's not worth it replaying the whole game. Besides, the bridge goes out no matter what (although if you did blow it up soon, you have to kill Fasolt, who appears in this game otherwise)
>>
>>335056723
I played the beta of the first one and nearly every ability/class was super boring and uninteresting.

Is this any better?

FFT is my favorite game in this genre.
>>
When's the third game? I finished the first one but have no saves so I don't want to replay it and the second and then wait till third comes out and replay 1&2 because I don't remember what the hell is going on.
>>
>>335072138
If you're in this for the tactical combat, you're definitely in the wrong place. The combat is basically just a means to the caravan management and story.
I mean, I'm not saying the combat is bad, but it's mediocre at best. The game is more for if you're interested in the concept and like the art. And the writing is pretty excellent, in my opinion. Plus, this is one of those games where your choices legitimately do matter.
>>
>>335072579
Took two years from the first to the second. I'd guess at least two until the next one.
I know I'm gonna have to go do some more back-reading to remember everything whenever that game comes.
>>
>>335072662
Thanks
>>
>>335072662
Is damage = health still a thing?
Do players still take turns like in chess?

In short, do you still have to knock down enemies to 1 hp but leave them alive to not get completely BTFO?
>>
>>335066179
Holy fuck, I wanted to murder Eyvind throughout the first game for being such an enormous faggot and I was kind of disappointed it didn't let me.
I knew that annoying cunt is only trouble.
>>
>>335073173
Yes but the new abilities and classes mean that sometimes it's better to kill a unit than leave it around.
>>
>>335071686
Or maybe fucking is implied, and there's no need for two pure characters to get lewd on screen. Leave that shit to bioware.
>>
>>335073173
Yep. Although it was never true that you always had to do that. In some cases it's better to just straight up kill enemies with too much armor break or an annoying special ability that can ruin your day.

In this game, Rook gets an ability that lets him have all people get a turn when you kill a guy. I never got a chance to use it, though. I'm too used to the old Banner Saga ways and strategies, I guess.
>>
>>335073629
If not for Eyvind, everyone would be dead now.
Although I guess if not for him, they wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
>>
>>335074010
Nah, Alette and Gil don't fuck. Rook and Oddleif, on the other hand, do.
>>
File: Yrsa.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Yrsa.png
22 KB, 300x300
Do we ever find out wtf is this bitch's problem? In one of my playthroughs she sets the forest on fire and peaces out.
>>
>>335075783
She only does that if you ask her to do it. I didn't ask her to do it and she's still in my game, being just as crazy as ever.
>>
>>335075783
she comes back in 2
>>
>>335076230
Where did she go?
>>
>>335076495
she comes back with scars all over her face but it's not elaborated more
>>
>>335075856
Well yeah, but why did she just made for the hills afterwards? Always got the feeling there's more to her, but nothing came of it during the first game.
>>
>>335077078
Maybe they will expand on her in third game or maybe she was just made to be mysterious for the sake of it.
>>
>Dredge show up with two handed sword.
>Hit your fully armoured soldier for 11 damage.
>>
I hated playing Bolvek. I constantly had to choose between roleplaying as an asshole who is also a moron and doing actually decent decisisons.

Glad he's not gonna be a playable character in the next game.
>>
>>335079281
Second this, at the start I was like "Oh cool, I get to role play an asshole and it be in character, time to take all the supplies I can and do dirty jobs"

But by the end of the game your options were
>Logical choice
>KILL THE BABY
>>
Are you still fighting the same boring enemies the entire game?
>>
>>335081048
Nope, much more variety. So much so that there are certain enemies that only appear once or twice.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.