[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you thought you were set for this gen, don't you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: img_56f01da144821.jpg (15 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
img_56f01da144821.jpg
15 KB, 580x326
you thought you were set for this gen, don't you?
>>
>console players boast about not having to get incremental hardware upgrades
>get incremental hardware upgrade
>>
File: 1391211813162.png (706 KB, 1274x718) Image search: [Google]
1391211813162.png
706 KB, 1274x718
>>334959819
I'll buy it again. I don't care. I can sell my old one if I want.

Then again, I always upgrade to the highest GPU every 2 or 3 years, so buying a 400 dollar console every so often isn't really that big of a deal.

Fuck I also just bought a VIVE for my PC. It's wierd making enough money to support a family, but then not actually having one or any other financial ties, so I just blow all of my money on dumb shit, and cars and fuck.

Basically, never have children or get married. Blow all your money on dumb toys and have a great fucking time not bitching about dumb shit on 4chan.
>>
>>334960590
>Never have children or get married
Never plan on it. I like my freedom
>>
>regular PS4 will still play all future games

Yeah I'm set
>>
Is this the worst gen so far? Why are we 3+ years into 8th gen and we still don't have any major new IPs? Just rehashes from last gen
>>
Yes, I did. I absolutely did.

Now I am at a point where I will only play retro games because this is a prospect for the future of console gaming that frankly disgusts me.

If streamed gaming doesn't become a thing by the early twenties so that client-side hardware requierments stop being an issue, and ALL console manufacturers switch their wares to three year shelf lives, and if you don't buy the upgraded machines then you are shit out of luck, enjoy your grossly inferior version because developers have stopped optimizing their games and rely on increased horsepower instead; then I'm just going to give up modern video games.

The comic book industry needs my money more anyway.
>>
>>334964018
in a way i agree that software as a service and streaming is the way to go

so we are more or less witnessing the end of home hardware
>>
I just bought my last December thinking it would be a good multiplat machine.

If I don't have a 4k TV, is there any reason to upgrade?
>>
>New version of PS4 comes out before any games come out

I would have been really fucking mad if I bought the original.
>>
Last generation was 7+ years and it felt like eternity. As long as new games don't require it (e.g. New 3DS), then I'm fine with it. I might upgrade if I grab a 4K TV.
>>
>upscaled 1080p
>4k

Pick one.
>>
>new 3ds
>new PS4
>Talk of WiiU being tossed out has been occurring for two years
>PSVita is dead

It's basically a new generation. Just need a new Xbone
>>
>>334959819
Yeah I did, I bought both the PS4 and Xbox One and I never expected Sony of all people would pull this shit given they've dominated the generation and already have the most powerful console on the market. It really sucks and makes me regret the purchase immensely. If Sony really does this I have no doubt Microsoft will do the same and then I've got two outdated current-gen consoles.
>>
>>334966716
>Just need a new Xbone
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-testing-variety-of-new-xbox-prototypes-r/1100-6438971/
>>
>>334963000
Sales aren't keeping up with ever increasing development costs. So now no one wants to try anything new.
>>
>>334964491
Yeah, the PS4K will play new games at 1080p while the PS4 won't because developers won't give a shit about trying to hit that target on the old hardware. They can push the graphics as far as they'll go on PS4K for marketing purposes with screenshots and trailers and then if people complain that they aren't so hot on the PS4 they'll recommend upgrading like Ubisoft did to PC gamers a few years ago.
>>
I didn't buy a PS4, so why should I buy a PS4.5? The PS4 has nothing I want.
>>
>>334959819
>bought pii poo, ps4, and bone
>somehow the bone is future proof

I'm literally done with the other two companies
>>
>>334963000

I'll let you in on a little secret:

Last gen lasted literally twice as much as a regular one, so this is nothing surprising. They've started choking during the end of the PS2 gen, had one last ditch effort around 2007 and it was NOTHING from then onwards. We've been running in circles for almost a decade.

Why do you think it's gimmick after gimmick, first motion, then 3D, then VR? Because it's all smokes and mirrors to make up the games are always the same old fucking shit.
>>
>>334959819
>you thought you were set for this gen, don't you?
>didn't buy any consoles
yup
>>
>>334967871
>somehow the bone is future proof
No way Microsoft just sits there and doesn't do anything, the PS4K will then be 3x as powerful as Microsoft's latest console.

I hope they don't do anything because I don't want to buy an Xbox 1.5. If I only need to buy 1 new .5 console I'll be happier than if I have to buy 2.

If Microsoft is ever going to do anything with the cloud now would be a good fucking time.
>>
>>334963000
Video games have never had to sell during a poor economy before, now they do.
>>
>>334968838
It's not just that the economy is bad, it's that the market has changed a lot and the cost of development has skyrocketed.

If Sony really does make a PS4K with a GPU that is 2x more powerful they're out of touch with what people and developers want. The new PS4 is still gonna be an underpowered piece of shit with it's 2GHz Jaguar CPU and it is simply gonna increase the cost of game development further.

It's not like they're going to make money off the hardware, hardware very rarely sells for a profit. If developers aren't allowed to make PS4K exclusive titles and they're not allowed to compromise features on the PS4 version, why would they like this change at all?
>>
>>334960590
>>Basically, never have children or get married.
This.
Have a job, you can marry (as long as your wife has a job as well) but DO NOT have little bastards.
>>
>>334960590
>I'll buy it again. I don't care.
If Sony really does release a PS4K I probably will buy one but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna bitch about it.
>>
Remember when people said

>Stop buying season passes, ultimately games will end up costing twice

What did we get for rebuttal?

>MUH 90 CARTRIDGE PRIZES ;_;
>HOWDYA NO THEY CUT THE DLC OFF DA GAME
>It releases at launch
>COULD BE ANOTHER TEAM
>It's ready for launch? It's part of the game
>NO IT IS NOT

Ultimately devs had their way, and games cost twice as they used to.

When the market is entirely dictated by what fools do with their money, this is what happens.
>>
>>334960590
>>334962551
>>334969895
>ignoring the entire point of being alive

If you aren't reproducing, you aren't even human. Fucking Americans, I swear. So caught up in your narcissistic "social" media and glorified toys.
>>
>>334970246
When the opinions on /v/ actually dictate the market, and not the ignorant masses, we will have our glorious vidya revolution

So basically never
>>
>>334967563
If that's the case, will xbone games run sub-720p?
I don't think so.

Also, according to some news developers & publisher are confused and annoyed with the NEO project. Some even outright protested.
>>
>>334959819
While i am OK with upgrading the hardware of a console, this is literally saying "oh, our last edition of the PS4 didn't have the power we promised, LET'S LAUNCH A NEW ONE" that is fucking stupid, and the worst part is that thousands of people will buy it
>>
File: 94859293.jpg (13 KB, 247x289) Image search: [Google]
94859293.jpg
13 KB, 247x289
>>334959819
>He still thinks the next Jaguar revision with only a slight CPU clock speed increase and a few stream cores added would make a significant performance increase and fragment the PS4 user base.

You're overestimating Sony Anon. Project Neo will not make games run from 30fps to 60. AMD already announce their 2016 roadmap and declared the next Zen APUs for consoles will only get previewed next year and the Piledriver APU line is already gen locked meaning the new chip revision won't be based on that. The revision is still based on the Jaguar a chip set and the current PS4 dev kits will still work, this will not make PS4k exclusive. Digital foundry heavily stated that the slight performance increase would only make 4k media decoding and streaming more bearable
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.