[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Let's hear your game idea, anon! >Remember, stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 25
File: business-team-634592.jpg (249 KB, 1300x953) Image search: [Google]
business-team-634592.jpg
249 KB, 1300x953
>Let's hear your game idea, anon!
>Remember, stories and settings aren't game ideas.
>>
It's a videogame that has you finding and smoking weed to revive Mecha-Hitler and defeat the evil monkey king from the 8th dimension.
>>
Vertical shmup, but with the controls of a fighting game (i was thinking in Mark of the Wolves style). The enemies (monkeys) are actually the bullets and have the same patrons you could expect in a classic shmup.

Bosses are more close to fighting games. Maybe the stages will have some kind of plataforming
>>
File: tigerapricot.jpg (75 KB, 348x504) Image search: [Google]
tigerapricot.jpg
75 KB, 348x504
A Pinball Platformer. Multi-level stages and the ability to jump like a platformer, but your character rolls around as a ball and you tilt or shake the level to move the character around.

You can choose between four characters. Each one is an animal such as a boar, tiger, wolf or elephant. And each character has a special skill. Whenever you activate the skill, it makes a cheesy call back to a famous song or movie title (for example, the Tiger gets a skill to slow down time called 'Eye of the Tiger' which lasts for the 5 seconds that the song intro plays).

The goal of the game is to get through all the levels and make it back to the Jungle to reunite with your pack. There's 4 major levels (City, Ruins, Plains, Savannah) and a fifth final level (Jungle). At the end of each level is a boss you fight in an enclosed room.

Guaranteed 10 million downloads for smartphones. Go ahead and make it if you have the skill.
>>
File: alef[1].jpg (77 KB, 445x380) Image search: [Google]
alef[1].jpg
77 KB, 445x380
Spiritual Successor to Suikoden and Shining Force.
>>
Cute girls doing cute things, in space.
>>
>>334948274

A game where literally none of your actions matter.
>>
Post apoc harvest moon style game.

But instead of moving to a town and doing everything yourself.

The town forms around you already doing everything and the residents constantly take advantage. You are an unappreciated hero and must decide how you handle the unfolding events.
>>
>>334949718
>what is sonic spinball
>>
why is pajeet out in the open
>>
Its like Dark Souls with Dark Souls gameplay in a Dark Souls like world made by platinum.
>>
A game where you play a kickass wizard, preferably an RPG.
>>
File: Cereal guy.jpg (23 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
Cereal guy.jpg
23 KB, 300x269
Alright, so you're the big bad villain trying to take over the world, right? You're going about doing your evil shit, but you don't want heroes knocking on your front door and kicking your shit in.

Problem is, the big secret is that every village has some prophecy about your defeat, there is no special one guy who can defeat you. All up-and-coming heroes are potential threats, but you only have so many resources to defeat them.

You have to manage resources to stop would-be heroes from defeating you. With the above in mind, you can't just stop the heroes by putting all the tough monsters at the "starter town" as it only gives the later towns a cleaner route to defeat you. You also have to consider, say, leaving one of your tougher minions in the middle of some cave, because if the heroes get their hands on the sword inside of it they're going to have a much easier time getting stronger and leveling up.

Are you a bad enough dude to keep the heroes off your back until your plans come to fruition?
>>
>>334950375
>Remember, stories and settings aren't game ideas.
>>
>>334948274
Wow what a DIVERSE workplace.
I sure am glad we live in the year 2016!
I MEAN COME ON.
>>
It's like Skyrim but with Souls combat.
>>
>>334950470
>there's still a (more or less) white man in the workplace
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>334950468
I think the rough game mechanics are there. You could make it turn-based RPG or real-time RPG. The idea is that you have a finite number of minions of varying strength and a number of resources such as heroes, villages, and caves to monitor.
>>
>>334950537
Made by Platinum.
>>
A first person arena shooter with gameplay mechanics inspired by Magicka rather then picking up guns and with visuals inspired by arena shooters.

Gibs and hundreds of enemies at a time.
>>
>>334949971

>what is sonic spinball

A game nothing like my idea aside from the ability to jump.
>>
File: Sisyphus-Image-01C[1].jpg (86 KB, 681x337) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus-Image-01C[1].jpg
86 KB, 681x337
>>334948274
The Myth of Sisyphus:
It's a mobile game where you have to push a rock by tapping at the screen, it's not really that hard but not not that easy either.
When the rock hits the top of the mountain, the game closes and only opens up again in exactly 24 hours.
There's a big ranking to show who has pushed the rock more.
If you don't open in the exact second that the 24 hours finish, that ranking goes to 0 and you have to redo it all over again.
>>
A third person wizard battling game where all the spells are skill shots that have to be aimed and lead the target. With the ability to customize your spell book to fit your play style.
>>
File: 1387755674952.png (570 KB, 948x535) Image search: [Google]
1387755674952.png
570 KB, 948x535
>>334948274
Did i win?
>>
A game that only has underwater, sewer and swamp levels
>>
File: 1377316916953.png (270 KB, 1920x1418) Image search: [Google]
1377316916953.png
270 KB, 1920x1418
>>334948274
I will make justice from this anon.
Its actually a good game idea.
But no one will do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 261x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 261x315
You uhh. Ok there Rajeed?
>>
>>334951459
Oh my god you stupid fucking newfag.
This game exists you dummy.
http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/
>>
>>334951056
>If you don't open in the exact second that the 24 hours finish, that ranking goes to 0 and you have to redo it all over again.
Really stupid idea
>>
File: 1376757862193.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1376757862193.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1200
>>334951598
THOSE GRAPHICS HOLY SHIT.
>>
Kinda like a walking simulator but instead it's about driving, think of it as a playable roadmovie. You drive along a desert road, starting at sunset and going further and further into the night. The locations you can stop at are inspired by classic Route 66 iconography, you know, dusty old gas stations, 50s style American Diners, neonlit roadside motels and so on. You can talk with interesting character there, explore them, find some secrets. There are also hitchhiker you can pick up to accompany on your vacation and there's a radio which lets you use your own songs if you want to.
>>
>>334950470
Yeah, this shit gets me every time. I also can't help laughing at stock photos with two negroes in suits discussing something.
>>
>>334951574
he looks sad because he couldnt shit on the street since he left india
>>
File: why.jpg (7 KB, 170x296) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
7 KB, 170x296
>>334952224
The diversity quota is an actual thing.
I asked why would they do that.
The only answer i got was:
"mostly because this people can bring new ideas because they will think outside the box"
Mi response was: "regular people can do that too"
they quickly replied "Your racist"
I responded "its more racist to use it to cover that forced "diversity quota" instead of hiring people because of their skills"
>no response
>everyone continued with his lunch
They dont even know why.
>>
File: 1460664078913.gif (2 MB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
1460664078913.gif
2 MB, 320x233
the indoctrination is real
>>
>>334953092
meant for
>>334952739
>>
Being a model for stock photos must be the easiest fucking job imaginable.
>>
>>334948274
A Dark Souls-esque game in terms of gameplay. Play as a fully customizable monstergirl in a land filled with monstergirls and some humans. Caters to every fetish, which can be toggled on and off. Monsterboys and humans are optional.
>>
>>334953357
Also game is a sandbox.
>>
Barbour Simulator. I know its a meme "YOUTUBE BAIT CONCEPT XDDD" But it would be like surgeon simulator except you're given tools for being a Barbour and a picture of what the the guy wants his hair to be.

I have no developing skills, though.
>>
>>334952739
>Mi response was: "regular people can do that too"

When you refer to white people as "regular" people, the assumption that you're kind of racist doesn't seem too far-fetched.

inb4 people telling me to go back to tumblr or something
>>
>>334955074
Im racist, but im not a race supremacist, there is a little difference.
Smart people bring smart ideas, i dont care where he-she comes from.
Forcing a quota because the UN is on our asses is not quite inclusive actually, they ended up being hated, wich brings the problem into the table more often, because "muh culture says this, and ill do what "god" told me.
But they forgot there are rules of behaviour and clothing (despite all female workers dress like sluts).
>>
File: 1355675709808.jpg (22 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
1355675709808.jpg
22 KB, 400x309
>>334955781
w-what
>>
>>334956143
Where do you think those diversity quotas came from?
The company owners?
>>
File: 1356269773053.png (261 KB, 654x473) Image search: [Google]
1356269773053.png
261 KB, 654x473
>>334955781
I've read this five times now. I still haven't figured out what you're trying to say.
>>
>>334955781
V I D E O G A M E S
I
D
E
O

G
A
M
E
S
>>
a fucking FUNCTIONAL zombie game. You can join or start your own shelter, people will have different personalities which may or may not help.

Like someone would pretend ot be alright after scavenging, but they've been bitten and trying to hide it.

Or survive alone. Raiders and paranoia will be a problem along with the zombie threat who by the way are SLOW and CUMBERSOME and fucking hard to get off you once they get a grip.
>>
Multiplayer world of Highlander.
Your objective to find, fight and decapitate other Immortals.
>>
File: fearofthedark.jpg (132 KB, 944x941) Image search: [Google]
fearofthedark.jpg
132 KB, 944x941
>A diablo-style arpg with in-depth class customization
>Comes with a full skill building system similar to Oblivion's spellcrafting, rather than getting new abilities as you level up you gain better strengths with certain abilities (i.e. warrior class gets better with melee abilities, mage character gets reduced spell cost when using specialized spells)
>ability cards are dropped as random loot, with "legendary" skill modifiers
>random tilesets and enemy modifiers for extra replayability

>heavy metal setting like pic related
>>
>>334951574
>can't have a good date because no one in the western world wants to fuck someone who sounds like apu
bottom kek
>>
>>334949941
I'd play it
>>
>>334950654
look at that hair

obviously a numale
>>
File: #fuckmoney.jpg (53 KB, 562x560) Image search: [Google]
#fuckmoney.jpg
53 KB, 562x560
the camera is positioned behind your character, who is a bald guy with a gun, and you can get into cover and fire your guns!

thank me later
>>
>>334956791
instant employee
>>
a three player game where one player is scissors, the other rock, the other paper. They each have to kill their target and avoid getting killed by the other.
>>
>>334957151
I've been toying with the concept for a while now, and while I'm confident I could get it working in UE4 I'm a terrible artist and mediocre musician.

Maybe I should get a working build going and set up at my local university's next job fair.

>Hey kid, wanna devote hundreds if not thousands of hours to something you /might/ get paid for?
>>
>>334957470
nobody wants to work for that shit at a job fair, just cast your net online instead, on every site besides 4chan.
>>
>>334948274
Walking simulator based off a harrassed shemale dev. Every time the player acts the score is lowered. Every time the player doesnt act you run the risk of the dev sperging out and causing more and greater losses of score.

Market it to san francisco based on a "tru" story.

Hardline gawker media to promote it. Anyone who doesnt like it slam with muhsoggyknees.
>>
>>334955781

You're ranting again Trump-sama.
>>
those are 4 of the strangest looking people ive ever seen
>>
File: hqdefault[2].jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[2].jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>334948274
Black girl looks like Mic Murphy from The System. and her fuck huge eyes totally disturbs my groove.
>>
>>334948274

3rd person shooter MMO that focuses heavily on survival and full loot PvP and heavy penalties for dying but also has magic which is complicated and sometimes comes at a great cost

The setting would be set during a demon apocalypse. The dead have risen and humanity has been plunged into darkness. Demon's and other evil creatures slowly make their way from the depths of hell to finish consuming Earth and any life that still remains.

There still remains a tenuous government and luckily due to advanced weapons and military, large cities have been held for the humans along with smaller territories here and there. Small companies patrol roads and go on missions for supplies and sometimes direct conflict with the enemy. As long as they remain in the mortal world, most demons and other beings are susceptible to traditional weapons.

A new religion steeped in mysticism has cropped up and began teaching followers how to destroy these demons. It has created a sect of modern day paladins that go around purging evil by any means necessary. Sometimes this even involves making a dark pact, sacrificing ones own soul.

Finally there are hunters who use both practical and magical means to destroy or defend from the legions of evil. Pretty much just hunters from Supernatural.

There would be at least 2 trees in each of the three class archetypes and you could mutliclass easily and efficiently. There would be several factions but they would only varry by small amounts. Maybe a faction level that stay constant regardless of deaths and gives you specific bonuses or skills.

The gameplay would be about going out to instanced zones that would be dynamic and have random events like a demon summoning or waves of zombies. Combat would be deadly and significant. There would be a lot of strategy involved via taking buildings and fortifying them while you take out massive zombie hordes to clear the road for safe travel again. Demons would be truly terrifying things.
>>
File: keep-calm.png (40 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm.png
40 KB, 600x700
>First person survival horror game
>You have a single handgun and ammo is extremely rare, maybe about 20 rounds in total can be found during the entirety of the game
>Gun handling works like it does in Receiver, with every action being manually executed by the player
>This also extends to aiming, which is completely freeform, meaning you can even aim the gun at yourself which brings us to the main gimmick of the game
>If the monster kills you, it's game over and you have to start over from the very beginning
>If you shoot yourself instead, you can continue playing from the last checkpoint you've reached
>The gun can also be used to shoot the creature to cause it to flinch in pain and allowing you time to flee and hide
>Ammo used to kill yourself will not be refunded upon continuing
>>
>>334950704

so like dungeon keeper but with a total war scale, I like it
>>
Third person horror game that deals with monsters created by the protagonists mind.

16 bit art style, scrolling beat-em-up.
>>
A game where you play as a Japanese high school boy, the objective being to bully cute girls into falling helplessly in love with you.
>>
File: 1394737123645.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
1394737123645.png
33 KB, 255x216
>>334955781
>>
>>334948274
Military shooter with perks.
>>
File: palavslich.jpg (230 KB, 736x663) Image search: [Google]
palavslich.jpg
230 KB, 736x663
>A competitive ARPG where one player plays a lich defending his lair from the other player, an invading paladin
>For the first part of a match, the lich player is given a dungeon keeper-esque experience whereupon he has a limited time to set up obstacles, traps and minions to hinder and hopefully kill the paladin before he reaches the main chamber
>More importantly, however, the lich has to designate an object in the lair as his phylactery
>During this phase, the lich can assume direct control over any of his minions at any time, but should these minions die while he is in control, it will lower his overall health should the paladin reach his chambers
>As for the paladin, his mission is to simply destroy every minion in the lair and then the lich himself
>If he does not find and destroy the phylactery first, the lich player can lose the final confrontation and resurrect at the location of his phylactery
>After a match is over, regardless of the outcome, both players will receive loot, the lich in the form of new traps, minions and spells and the paladin as new weapons, armor and spells
>>
File: 1392408252103.png (273 KB, 518x700) Image search: [Google]
1392408252103.png
273 KB, 518x700
>>334961358
god yes
>>
A strategy RPG in an open world. You roam an open world and when you choose to engage enemies, a custom battlefield is formed based on the terrains around you and then you begin battle. Choose to engage from the roofs for a high ground advantage. Engage near a bridge to forc enemies into a narrow passage. Engage in snow for elemental bonuses. Whatever. So if the story wants you to get inside a castle, you can choose to the guards at the gate, or sneak inside without getting caught, because it's still an open world. The unique mechanics is the target system. Different classes gets different bonuses when they target and enemy or is targeted. For example, a knight gains a defensive bonus for every enemy targeting him, and to complement, he has a skill that forces all nearby units to target him. Rogues, on the other hand, loses accuracy against anyone targeting him but has a skill to force a unit to disengage him. Thus, winning will be determined by using the right unit in the right spot.
>>
Ghouls' Forest with day/night cycling.
>>
>Multiplayer modified Russian Roulette
>Who takes the next shot is based on a game of rock, paper, scissors
>Player who wins is safe for the round, player who loses has to take a shot
>Music changes based on the chance of death (1 in 6 chance has less intense music than 1 in 2)
>Players who lose the bout of RPS can opt to check to see if the cartridge is up next
>If you guess correctly, the chamber is spun and you get another chance
>If you guess wrong, the chamber is spun but you don't get any more chances
>If you're feeling extra brave, you can take multiple shots in a row

There would also be a leaderboard with most consecutive wins in a row, and some sort of cosmetic shop where you could exchange wins for hats, special guns, or special animations.
>>
A factory game which is similar in set up to "Banished" but with markets and a lot more industrial management and all that good shit.

I'm currently working on some back end prototypes for it.
>>
File: invincible-2.jpg (120 KB, 600x567) Image search: [Google]
invincible-2.jpg
120 KB, 600x567
>>334961358
>Taunts and voice commands for top banter during the final confrontation
>>
>>334948274
>>Remember, stories and settings aren't game ideas.

i fucking wish my programmer would realize this so fucking much
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
File: mockup.png (66 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mockup.png
66 KB, 800x800
planing on coding this on libgdx.

3D roguelike or 2D rogulelike.

Four waifu loli team.
One attack with a sword.
Other uses a bow.
Other can spell a protection spell.
Other can pick items.

Each one is controlled with one button and follow the main loli.
>>
Hobo Simulator
will have the biggest world yet
>>
You play as a sasquatch and have to figure out ways not to be seen.
>>
>>334960526
>instanced

lost me
>>
File: 1456012945679.jpg (14 KB, 273x239) Image search: [Google]
1456012945679.jpg
14 KB, 273x239
>5v5 space sim
>1 player is commander- oversees map from top-down
>4 players are squad leaders - each with 3 AI followers
>Pilots play using first person space sim with Oculus.
>Objective is to destroy commanding ship (the single player on the team)
>Maps are grid-based (4x4 tile?), with each tile being random space "terrain" ie. astroids, planets, moons, debris, stations, etc.

Hard to explain without going into details, and I'm too lazy to type it out. Think Natural selection for the commander, and Elite Dangerous for the squad leaders.
>>
File: Goal and death.webm (3 MB, 1404x908) Image search: [Google]
Goal and death.webm
3 MB, 1404x908
would you buy this?
>>
>>334948274
a game where you insert your penis into a "guillotine" and pornographic material is displayed on the screen
your dick get's cut off if you get a boner
>>
>>334948274
It's a mobile game.

You do an on rails shooter to defend a runner while they collect supplies or rescue survivors. Enemies start as zombies but progress in difficulty (Speed, health, gimmicks) as in game time progresses.Tap where you want to shoot (Genuinely surprised, literally no mobile games do this). Slide a little charging handle bar on the side of the screen down to reload. Scavenge supplies - by playing the rail shooter - to upgrade your weapons, base, and equipment. Rescue survivors for more manpower and potentially backup runners. Ammo is scavenged and scarce. Magazine capacities are very conservative. You lose when all your survivors are dead. The goal of the game is to stop the zombie apocalypse by retrivieving the cure - which is on an alien base on Mars. Get there by building an expensive and manpower consuming space rocket, which consumes a great deal of every resource. Oh, and don't forget to survive - your people need food, water and living quarters. Each day, there is a chance of a random event, such as a zombie or bandit attack. Or just a good old lab explosion.

The game is in 2D. The "Base View" is isometric projection, the "Rail Shooter" is first person 2D with a camera that's fixed to focus around the Runner - the justification being that you're crouching on a nearby hill to cover them.
>>
File: 1459818135766.jpg (72 KB, 759x551) Image search: [Google]
1459818135766.jpg
72 KB, 759x551
>>334970152
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.