[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep seeing this mechanic in fighting games where if two attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: Guilty-Gear-Xrd-SIGN.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Guilty-Gear-Xrd-SIGN.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
I keep seeing this mechanic in fighting games where if two attacks strike at the same moment, they clash with cool sparks and SFX and neither character gets hurt.

Is that ever any use? It looks nice, but I've never seen a game where it's actually a viable tactic in any situation.
>>
>>334806621
The Sousai from KoF12 was interesting, but the game was shit.

Deadlock/Sousai/Clash - When two heavy (non-light attacks) moves of the same strength connect at the same time, a clash occurs. If nothing is pressed, both characters will back away. If desired, you can cancel this clash into anything, be it another normal, a special, or super. You can even cancel it into a dash by simply holding forward, or a jump. In the air, you can change your momentum after the clash by pressing back or forward. You can also clash heavy (C, D, CD) normals or specials against projectiles, which leads to some interesting zoning tactics.
>>
>>334806621
Guilty Gear is so damn boring. No wonder it's dead again even in Japan
>>
File: LOVEMAX!!!!!.jpg (454 KB, 1280x783) Image search: [Google]
LOVEMAX!!!!!.jpg
454 KB, 1280x783
It's very common in Arcana Heart. Works pretty much the same way as GG, it lets you cancel the clash into pretty much anything.
>>
>>334807337
>Xrd
>Dead in Japan
Try again
>>
File: clash[1].png (6 KB, 202x104) Image search: [Google]
clash[1].png
6 KB, 202x104
>>334806621
In Samurai Shodown the characters would lock up and you'd hammer the buttons to break the deadlock. The person losing had their weapon knocked away from them.

Depending on the character, the loss of the weapon was a bigger handicap for some more than others.
>>
Capcom Vs Arc System Works when?

Its the last Vs game that matters.
>>
>>334806621
Didn't you already make this thread saying how it should be used in first person shooters?
>>
>>334807412
It sold pitifully. And people play Blazblue and Persona more in arcades. Pretty much nobody plays it, which is the way GG has always been anyways.
>>
>>334808259
Not that anon but I'm not going to lie the high execution barrier and low population really put me off to the game. But everybody who plays the game well would just say I'm "parroting" opinions or giving excuses.

I'm going to try to get in with revelator and most GG player say I can learn the game with gatlings into hard KDs and some short combos. Even though I know in my heart its not only that but I'll give it a try anyway since the game looks great.

Also I though in GG clashes caused danger time or is it specific?
>>
>>334808259
oh it sold poorly in japan?
think that has something to do with the whole "arcade" thing, dumbass?
>>
It's for the wew factor
>>
>>334808529
Danger Time occurring on clash is random.

Also Xrd isn't harder execution-wise than any other anime game now. It's XX Accent Core where it started getting ridiculous.
>>
Mind games really, at least in Smash. Upon clashing your both going to be able to act on the same frame. Depending on how conditioned you have your opponent you can either shield, roll away or try and attack again with a quicker attack to catch them off guard if they attack
>>
>>334808529
execution became a lot easier from the previous versions, you should give it a shot if you can. mess around with roman canceling, it's fun.
You have a random chance of a clash causing danger time, and danger time can only happen once a round.
>>
>>334808542
Blazblue and Persona sold infinitely more for consoles. They're also played way more in arcades. Japan thinks the game is boring and is kusoge. Blazblue has surpassed Guilty Gear in popularity and gameplay mechanics after Calamity Trigger. Only nostalgiafags will say otherwise. Out of the 3 Arcsystemworks games, GG is the least played in arcades. The game is just bland as shit even with all the cutesy crap they're desperately throwing on there. Ishiwatari's new songs are also boring as fuck with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions.

>>334808529
I played GG since way back when and I think the hipsters on /v/ overrate the series too much.

In Xrd, Danger Time is a stupid gimmick that happens randomly when you clash. It doesn't happen everytime you clash, it's just random which is why it's stupid. I used to be a fanboy of GG, but now it's dead to me.
>>
>>334807365
Whos the one on the right?
Please tell me shes the Tsundere/bitch girl of the group.
>>
>>334808976
>I played GG since way back when and I think the hipsters on /v/ overrate the series too much.
>In Xrd, Danger Time is a stupid gimmick that happens randomly when you clash. It doesn't happen everytime you clash, it's just random which is why it's stupid. I used to be a fanboy of GG, but now it's dead to me.
I kind of agree, making it random was stupid and i hope they cahnge it or simply remove it on the next installments of the xrd series. they still have 3 or 4 games to go so who knows.
>>
>>334807337
>>334808259
>>334808976
Blazbluefag detected.
Xrd has better sales than SFV in japan.
The game is more played in Arcade than BB.
Don't bring P4 in this, it's clearly not comparable in term of public, dumbass.
>>
File: dio-tandem.gif (239 KB, 383x222) Image search: [Google]
dio-tandem.gif
239 KB, 383x222
>>334806621
Eh, it's just a way to add some depth to trades.
I think my favourite clashes are Jojo's, the giant portraits, the punch rush, the background, it's all so intense.
>>
I don't know why but I cant faust like I used to in xrd.
It's just not quite the same for some reason and I have no idea why.
>>
>>334809553
>better sales than SFV
there are some varieties of small pebbles that have better sales than SFV
>>
>>334807337
>No wonder it's dead again even in Japan
>>334808259
>And people play Blazblue and Persona more in arcades. Pretty much nobody plays it
>>334808976
>GG is the least played in arcades.

Prove it.
>>
>>334809553
>Blazbluefag
I play SF and Tekken more than Arcsys games. But I did play GG a lot before BB, Arcana Heart, Persona came out. I'm more of a GGfag than Blazblue. Blazblue is just objectively better when it comes to gameplay and characters. Being objective is not something fanboys can comprehend. That's why you are upset and confused right now.

>Xrd has better sales than SFV
First of all, SFV just came out and Xrd has been out for a while. SF games will always outsell Arcsys games whether we like it or not.

>This game is more played in arcade than BB
No it's not. Blazblue is played WAY more in Japanese arcades.

>Don't bring P4 in this
I'm comparing the Arcsys fighting game, not the RPG, so yes it's comparable. Stop being butthurt over nothing.
>>
File: jacko.jpg (202 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
jacko.jpg
202 KB, 900x1200
Yes. When moves clash they can be canceled into anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k0IXc0XBWM
>>
>>334809954
>prove it

Try finding a match in Xrd.
Go on the japanese boards and see what they're saying.
Look at the Jap arcade charts.
Look at the sales.
Fuck, go on Dustloop where the biggest Guilty Gear dickriders are, ask THEM about how much the game is played in Japanese arcades compared to Blazblue and Persona.

Yeah exactly. GG is considered "kusoge" to Japanese players and the fact that the community is almost non-existent proves that. GG is dead no matter how much you cry about it.
>>
>>334808237
Overwatch has damage trading. If two snipers shoot at each other and hit at the same time, they both die.
>>
Danger Time is stupid gimmick. I have no idea why Daisuke thought it's a good idea to include some random artificial hype shit. Xrd was supposed to be less overburden with gimmicky shit compared to AC and yet they failed.
>>
File: evo-2016-lineup-stream.jpg (98 KB, 1024x608) Image search: [Google]
evo-2016-lineup-stream.jpg
98 KB, 1024x608
>>334810405
>GG is dead
That's why BB is at EVO instead of GG, right?
>>
>>334807254
Neat.
>>
>>334810709
Fighting games are small. They have to try to appeal to the casual guy mashing buttons against his friend on the couch
>>
>>334806621
The game you posted actually has clashes that are actively terrible as fuck for some characters. Ky's Vapor Thrust clashing will result in the opponent's animation getting canceled out while he has all the recovery to deal with still
>>
File: lovemax3.png (179 KB, 950x791) Image search: [Google]
lovemax3.png
179 KB, 950x791
>>334809205
She's the rich ojou-sama girl
>>
File: 53281514_p0.jpg (553 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
53281514_p0.jpg
553 KB, 800x800
>>334810405
Take a chill pill man.
GG isn't and outside of first game was never considered kusoge, you probably don't even know what falls under that label.
>>
>>334810868
But danger time will just confuse casual players.
>>
>>334810941
GG and BB clashes work like that if move isn't cancellable at all.
>>
>>334807469
I loved this shit. Especially with Ukyo, because he can get some big range with his weapon attacks. So, playing as him lets you torture the enemy, and playing against him lets you wail on him.
>>
>>334810964
/v/ just mimics the latest dank memes.
>>
>>334806621
Punching or kicking your opponents punch or kick is something grounded IRL martial arts.
>>
>>334811036
Exactly my point.

He was asking about clashes that are helpful and he posted a game where clashes are anything but.

I haven't even brought up Danger time yet
>>
File: 56197751_p16.png (522 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
56197751_p16.png
522 KB, 500x605
>>334811114
It's that old as fuck /asg/ shitposter, nothing new. All that shit was already posted like hundred of times.

>>334811293
Clashes are just there mainly for hype, when they become useful you get clusterfuck like Lightning Arcana.
Danger time is fun, stop acting like it puts both characters in BB's Overdrive or something.
>>
>>334810786
Not him, but EVO is a joke and they're clearly shilling, since it also has that piece if shit Pokken, and Smash WiiU.

Also, BB is very unpopular in the US, it HUGE in Japan though. I was in Akiba last summer and they had BB everywhers as well as a preshow for the new game. Xrd was nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>334811657
>Danger time is fun
>Any single hit will lead to a full combo because of Mortal counters
>Mortal counters fuck with prorotation and slows time down
>All damage is increased by 20%
>Danger time either puts the match into a mad scramble or both players turtle up with nothing in between
>Adds absolutely nothing and fucks with the pace every time
It's not a good mechanic and it feels out of place.
It's also entirely random.
>>
If I'm in Europe which GG game do I get?

I think Europe gets the newest games like 9 months later right?

What do I do?
>>
>>334812075

Get -sign- but only in steam. Console version has no patches so you can't get the balance changes or the dlc characters.

-Revelator- isn't going to get fucked over when it comes out in EU since they got a legit publisher now
>>
File: 55913309_p33.png (100 KB, 478x386) Image search: [Google]
55913309_p33.png
100 KB, 478x386
>>334811964
Thank you for proving exactly what is fun about it. Mad scrambles are pure fun.
Really now, the only character that really benefits from it is Slayer

>>334811859
BB got huge marketing campaigns in Japan, while GG gets more of personal tourney and exhibitions support in arcades.
Besides that's when CF was coming out, no wonder they were focusing on BB. They're doing same shit with marketing console Rev right now.
>>
>>334811859
How is pokken a piece of shit? Fucking elitest faggot.
>>
>>334812581
GG still has less presence and worse word of mouth than BB though, I have plenty of friends in Tokyo, and they all pretty much recited what that anon posted.
Xrd killed GG for most fans.
>>
>>334807412
>Xrd
>Dead worldwide
Fixed.
>>
Looks like a safety mechanic for children that can't handle trades and counter hits.
>>
>>334812581
Scrambles can be fun.
I would not mind it if it didn't trigger completely randomly and had some sort of player control over it, even if ridiculous to go for. The complete randomness kills it

>Really now, the only character that really benefits from it is Slayer
Anyone with a decent counterhit combo will absolutely benefit from it.
This isn't even counting someone that hits so fucking hard already like Sin or Sol.
This means absolutely everyone benefits from it heavily.
And since everyone gets the 20% more damage boost, there isn't anyone that just "kind of benefits" from it.

It's a huge boost to anyone that gets the hit in.
>>
>>334812648
Because it's casual garbage like Smash 4. Fun party game, terrible comptitive fighter thanks to the partner system and other bs mechanics.
>>
>>334812727
And my friends are saying that BB has been dwindling in popularity for quite some time. Dengeki, Nitro and shit like that hit it's casual crowd pretty hard
But really now, it all depends in which communities they are active.
>>
>>334813138
Well, I can report what I saw last year. Dozens of BB arcades, zero Xrd arcades. Take that as you will.

We're talking about Akihabara Tokyo btw.
>>
>>334812581
How do we balance Danger time? Like you have mentioned, some characters benefits more than others.
>>
>>334815343
Only let HS moves lead into Mortal Counter? That would be pretty good?
>>
>>334815343
Just remove it.
>>
>>334815343
Remove the damage boost, remove the forced counterhit.

Increase tension/burst meter gain during it instead.

The better option is to remove it entirely
>>
>>334807520
I dont know how it could work
Capcom games aren't as focused on speed, movement and combos like ArcSys'
Imagine a matchup on Ryu vs Ragna, if the ryu player miss a single block he gets his ass comboed for some significant damage and the ragna player has time to reposition himself and do it again, plus all the gimmicks ArcSys has, in Ragna's case, he regains health per drive hit

Even if you try to balance it by giving Capcom characters more damage per hit, you would still have the problem of long ass combos on the arcsys side

Now if you make it like Marvel 3 fast and give every one speed it would be fun as fuck
>>
>>334808976
Isnt Danger time a clash of 2 of the same strength attacks?
so even if you clash two mediums, if they don't deal the same damage or close to the same, they wont activate danger time
>>
>>334812864
>terrible comptitive fighter thanks to the partner system

Why?
>>
>>334816951
No, it's just random.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.