[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Dark-Souls-3-Boss-700x394.jpg (58 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Boss-700x394.jpg
58 KB, 700x394
Ok how the Fuck is almost EVERY boss in Dark Souls 3 a humanoid knight? The fuck Miyazaki? Seriously, why did I even buy this game, when I can't even enjoy the bosses.
>>
>>334755957
... kind of overexaggerating aren't you?
>>
>>334755957
you haven't played much of the game, friend
>>
really though, this is something that seems reasonable to talk about. this was a huge issue with das2 for most people. by my count, das3 has 9.5 humanoid bosses out of 19. this list is the following:

iudyx
champion
dancer
dragonslayer armor
old demon king
twin princes
soul of cinder
abyss watchers
pontiff sulyvahn
nameless king phase 2

of the remaining 9.5 bosses, four of those bosses are straight gimmicks. these bosses are deacon, yhorm, ancient wyvern, and high lord wolnir.

still, no one's complaining about the humanoid element found in a lot of bosses. i've been waiting for people to admit the issue with das2's bosses isn't their humanoidness, but rather their moveset variety and speed of attack. the thing all of the humanoid bosses in das3 have in common is that they have expansive movesets and attack fast, making them fun. so long as people finally ditch humanoidness as a criticism for das2 bosses, i'm happy.
>>
>>334757002
I never understood the "humanoid boss"" complaint

Yahtzee made it and everyone followed it for some fucking reason

Seriously though, the humanoid bosses were always the best in every game, only exceptions that I can think of are Ludwig and Manus
>>
>Ok how the Fuck is almost EVERY boss in Dark Souls 3 a humanoid knight?

>Iudex Gundyr is a knight that turns into a non humanoid monster halfway through
>Champion Gundyr is a knight (we'll say 1.5 humanoid knights)
>Vordt is a vaguely human knight whose entire point is he is no longer really human(his fucked up nature really wants to make me round this off to a solid 2 at this point)
>Great wood is a tree
>The crystal sage is a humanoid under layers and layers of rags so more a frumpy ball of shit
>The Deacons are humans but not knights in any capacity
>The abyss watchers are not exactly dudes in armor but at the same time they fight the spirit so they'll count (3)
>Wolnir is a big skeleton
>Old Demon King is a fat demon
>Pontiff is a humanoid "knights" (4)
>Aldrich is a goopster with a dude hanging out of him
>Yhorm is sort of a grey area I think (being a giant lumbering shitface is enough for me to discount the standard of it being a large man sort of the same size as you with a sword)
>Dragonslayer armor is a humanoid knight's armor (5)
>I don't honestly know what to say about dancer you can debate her
>Oceiros isn't
>Lorian is a Knight but his brother isn't and the fight is far from the standard dude running at you so I'd give this one a pass to be honest
>Soul of Cinder is the standard humanoid knight (6)
>Wyvern isn't
>Nameless king has his dragon so that's another (.5)

Out of 19 of bosses 6.5 are a standard humanoid knight who attacks you with his sword.

For comparisons sake out of 25 in DaS 3 are humanoid knights and out of 41 DaS 2 bosses around 16.5 are "human" knights.

I think you'd be better off clarifying if the knight aspect is the problem because I feel like it would clear up a lot of arguments to be had. Do you hate they're all sword guys or is the fact they're just humans period that is the issue? Because being vaguely human period opens up a lot more doors and that's a non issue as far as I care.
>>
>>334757591
the problem with DS2's humanoid knight bosses is that they were all the same. At least before the DLC, if you saw a guy in armor you just had to lock on and strafe right and none of them could hit you.
>>
>>334757591
Most of those count as humanoid though so yeah mostly humanoid bosses in the game
>>
>>334758520
He said humanoid knights

Something being vaguely bipedal on its own shouldn't be a reason to hate on it regardless of how much it's featured across the game.

You want to complain about humanoid period the numbers for all those games go way fucking up.
>>
File: 1457447398576.jpg (52 KB, 334x349) Image search: [Google]
1457447398576.jpg
52 KB, 334x349
>really like humanoid boss fights
>vastly prefer them over the rest of the generic big demons that all devolve into circling to their asses and slapping their ankles until they die
>people shit on DaS2 for too many humanoid bosses and then turn around and praise DaS for more humanoid bosses like O&S and Artorias
I think we can all agree that DeS had the best boss fights. As easy as they were, they were all unique in their gimmicks and far more memorable than generic demons or generic knights. I haven't played 3 yet though so I hope it has good fights.
>>
>>334758993
>dat gaping dragon
>>
>>334759256
It's a piss easy boss fight. The only even remotely threatening attack it has is the tail swipe and you can get rid of it quickly into the fight.
Again, it's just circling to the ass and hacking away.
>>
>>334758993
The bosses in Dark Souls 3 are good, there are 19 of em, one being a reskin with some unique moves

I'd consider 2-3 of them shit tier while the other bosses are real good

Only issue I have is the pacing with them and the areas in general. They are both easy as shit until you reach the Boreal Valley, then the difficulty ramps up to 11
>>
>>334757267
>Ludwig
>not the best boss in the series

git fucking gud
>>
File: 1458865461958.jpg (206 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1458865461958.jpg
206 KB, 700x700
>>334759535
I didn't say otherwise anon, I said that he is on par or better than most humanoid bosses

Well I didn't say that exactly, but I think that you can read a little between the fucking lines, hunh?

He is the best boss though
>>
>Mechanics are called gimmicks
lol fucking idiots
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 452x547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 452x547
>>334759942
>tfw no doll
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.