[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about these games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
What do you think about these games?
>>
>>334695591
Before this thread die.
My opinion is:
In this games you have something that lets you overcome the issues of being detected
>superpowers in dishonored
>supervision and retarded AI in 7H14F

even in the 1st and 2nd thief you have a sword, and when you master it, you can kill anything, that dosent give you fear of being detected, in thief ds you have a shit dagger wich puts you in that position, but when you stick to a wall, you are invisible and cant be touched, before mods change it.

You can force yourself to not use it, but the game was not created arround that idea, like taking the marker off in skyrim, you will be really, really lost because no journal, and no details about the quest you are.

/v/´s general opinion on dishonored is good, and everyone knows how bad is this new thief. if someone says otherwise, its a shill or a casual kid.
>>
both shit
dishonored is defensible shit and lots of people enjoyed it
thiaf is indefensible shit and is a crime against a once loved franchise
>>
>>334695591
>You can force yourself to not use it, but the game was not created arround that idea, like taking the marker off in skyrim

It's not like that at all. In skyrim you need the marker, in Thief you can go undetected if you want to challenge yourself.
>>
>>334695886
Thanks. I just wanted to know because dishonored looks fun but theif looks like shit. I'm considering buying the originals because I've heard that they're good.
>>
>>334695591
>Dishonored
6/10 pretty average. DLC was better than main game.
>THIAF
An abomination and an insult to the fans of the older games.
>>
>>334695886
>You can force yourself to not use it, but the game was not created arround that idea, like taking the marker off in skyrim, you will be really, really lost because no journal, and no details about the quest you are.
It's not always the case. Dishonored also has an objective marker, but you can play just fine without it - it even has hints from notes and eavesdropping. The exception would be hiding the guy in the first real level - I have no idea how you're supposed to know you have to throw him into a dumpster without the objective marker.

>>334696132
>I'm considering buying the originals because I've heard that they're good.
Thief 1 and 2 are amazing. Thief 2 is honestly my favorite stealth game. 3 is ok.
Dishonored is closer to Deus Ex in gameplay freedom, while Thief is supposed to be a pure stealth.
>>
>>334696047
Yes, so far so good, but if you GET detected?
What woulld you do?

>flashbang and hide in a corner?
>go and KO the guard?
>RUN and break the line of vision and hide?
>kill the guard?
>use the superpowers or AIDS to do shit?

There only one canon solution to this, and kids and retards AND casuals chose wrong all the tme because of this.

Like i said, people can remove the marker in skyrim, but they dont, because they dont want a challenge in that level of gameplay.
>>
>>334696360
Okay, but that's nothing like the Skyrim marker situation. It isn't a valid comparison.

I'm talking about the original thiefs here btw, I've not played the new one.
>>
File: 1456682374204.png (238 KB, 1440x946) Image search: [Google]
1456682374204.png
238 KB, 1440x946
>>334695591
>>
I just started playing Thief The Dark Project and by god do I regret not playing this earlier already.
>>
>>334696286
>>334696047
10 or more years later, and with heavy modding, thief ds became a good game anon.
>no loading zones on missions
>difficulty mods (better ai, no arrow trails, no blue shine)
>visual mods to make it more like the 1st and the 2nd

Look for them
>>
>>334696560
>no loading zones on missions
Well, this changes things.
I didn't say it was a bad game, though. Level design is pretty decent, but the movement feels clunky compared to how smooth Thief 1 and 2 were. Is there a mod for that?
>>
File: 1454196655709.png (162 KB, 556x530) Image search: [Google]
1454196655709.png
162 KB, 556x530
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146501
>>
>>334696478
thats why you dont understand it.

Thief 1:
>steal the horn of quintus
>its inside a house of the tombs of the quintus family
>i have some kind of map, and my own pathfinding to look for it
>i can disable everytihg and keep going untill i find that chill horn

>7H1AF
>disable hud and minimap and supervision and whatever its in the screen
>you cant even pass the 1st part because context sensitive movement, so you cant just jump over, you need to be in the specific point where garret jumps by himself
>you cant even find the objetive becuase everything changes quickly (because lot attention span fags) and sometimes you need to find a ring on the floor to continue, but it will show you if you have a hud, if not you are fucked.

Same can be aplied to any other example.

Its how the game was created, it has stealth elements, but its an action fast paced game, dont delude yourself thinking that its an actual stealth game
>xp for knock out
>xp for headshot
>no xp for remain hidden

Catch my drift?
>>
>>334696560
Why do people keep replying to me about unrelated shit? All I was trying to say was that the comparison between the Skyrim quest marker and weapons and exploits in thief games isn't a valid comparison, since one is an issue of lazy devs and gamers, and the other is just bigs and balancing issues.

Incidentally, I would reccomend these podcasts to Thief fans and Looking Glass fans in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_7L9H6oMc
>>
>>334696645
Yea, i know, garret legs base is pretty small, if you compare it to the originals, or even "The dark mod" wich i recomend it to OP.

That was because the 3rd person implementation, it can an actual challenge, thats why i never complained about that.
>>
>>334696559
Hope you enjoy your time with it, anon.
It's a fucking fantastic game, as is the sequel.

Thief DS is pretty good but it's got some is-
>>334696560
Wait, hang on a second. No loading zones on missions? When did this happen? I've been out of the loop.

That said this >>334696645 was a big issue for me with Thief 3 too. Even in first person the game played like it did in third person, if you catch my meaning. Like if you turn around in first person and then walk you've got this awkward second of Geralt's feet turning around.
. I think the reason was because first person was literally just moving the camera versus changing controls and the like, but I'm not sure. It was just kind of weird coming from 1+2

>>334696720
Looks pretty good.
>>
File: 2015-02-19_00005.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-19_00005.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
>>334696720
thanks anon
>>
>>334696981
yes anon, this is how good are ttlg and other people who still want an actual stealth challenge.

They didnt remove them from the city because the desing is really fucked up and it will take lots of efforts, but that patch for mision maps were released a few months ago.

It also has some good Fan missions.
>>
>>334695886
"even in the 1st and 2nd thief you have a sword, and when you master it, you can kill anything, that dosent give you fear of being detected, in thief ds you have a shit dagger wich puts you in that position, but when you stick to a wall, you are invisible and cant be touched, before mods change it.

You can force yourself to not use it, but the game was not created arround that idea, like taking the marker off in skyrim, you will be really, really lost because no journal, and no details about the quest you are."

This is what you wrote in your first post. It seems like maybe english isn't your first language so if it's a mistake then whatever, but what you've written here compares mastering the sword in Thief 1 and 2, and climbing on walls in Thief 3, to using the quest marker in Skyrim.
>>
>>334696853
Deus Ex Human Revolution was a better Stealth game than that shitty Thief....
>>
Thief is full of context sensitive events, can't do anything or go anywhere unless the game specifically allows you.

Dishonored has a jump button.
>>
>>334696981
>Geralt
lol
>Even in first person the game played like it did in third person, if you catch my meaning
Yeah, exactly.

>>334697173
Pretty much. Dishonored's movement is generally one of the game's strongest points.
>>
>>334697162
and still deus ex is shit because magnet sensitive shit it has, and you cant mod it to use controls to do that.

I really hate that shit.
>>
>>334697105
Thank's for the heads up, having a look at it now.

I have no fucking idea how this flew under my radar.

Definitely going to be replaying Thief DS soon. Always wanted to give it another shot but was put off by a lot of the engine stuff which was compounded by the loading screens (which used to give me a lot of grief with Invisible War too)

Thanks again anon. I really liked some of the mythos stuff in DS. Same with the cutscenes, although the in-engine ones were ass.

>>334697218
>Geralt
Oh fuck, sorry. I've got a friend who exclusively talks to me about Witcher. I didn't even notice.
>>
>>334697306
The mods i used to have before the map merge was
>minimalist mod
this one makes the hud more like the 1st one, it removes the arrow trail, the blue highlight for a regular one and other stuff i cant remember.
>no 3rd person view with FoV fix
>resolution fix to reach 1080
>texture pack
>>
I remember playing THI4F for like, an hour when it came out and never touching it again from boredom, I only just played Thief 1-3 for the first time this month so now I wonder if I hate myself enough to try 4 again now that I actually have familiarity with the franchise
>>
>>334697487
Thanks anon. I'm guessing most of this stuff is posted on the TTLG forum?

I think the last time I played I only used a texture mod which also removed some of the hightlighting. I vaguely remember the installer for it. Probably superseded by now.

That reminds me, anyone here play The Dark Mod recently? Sort of curious if it's changed a lot since I last checked it out (which was probably about two years ago)
>>
dishonored had a nice world and some of the shit in it was cool like that Heart thing. I went to replay it the other day and got bored really quick
>>
>you will see karras in t3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wIKeFrrxI
>>
>>334695591
Dishonoured was basically Thief 4

Thief was basically a heap of shit with a cool name tacked on
>>
Dishonored felt like a great tribute to the Thief series desu.

Lots of nods to it especially the last DLC boss and they really did not skimp on the different options you had to play the game.

It's not a very challenging game, especially if you're good at stealth games, but it's deffo one of my favorite games of lastgen.
>>
Dishonored is interesting in that it's a stealth game that manages to be streamlined as hell without losing all satisfaction. It's still piss-easy even on the hardest difficulty, sure, but it's still one of my favorite games to just pick up and speed through. The Daud DLC is great too.
>>
>>334698724
To be honest hard stealth games are few and far in between. I can play Thief with no hands, and Splinter Cell is only hard as in "you need a lot of patience". Hitman 1-2 are kinda hard, sure, but beyond that it's a pretty easy genre.
>>
>>334698889
>"you need a lot of patience"
This killed the stealth genre as the same as RTS.
people want to beat the game in 2-5 hours, and i spend that much on a single mission (soulforge).
>>
>>334699202
To be fair there is room for "fast stealth". I think Blacklist did a pretty good job with this idea, and Dishonored can be played fairly fast if you're willing to burn the mana.
Also Soulforge is insanely long by any standards.
>>
>>334699383
there was a video on youtube about some guy doing that in the hammer temple missionin DS, he never stops moving, he uses items and arrows to lure peope into somewhere else, and he keeps going, he planed the route very very well, the timing was perfect, but you cant do it on the first run, maybe a few parts by observation or luck, but yea, it can be done, but its not a constant like splinter cell did, it a nonstop magic operator train, wich i dont like.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.