[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Wanting to free mankind >Didn't give a fuck the oligarchy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13
File: Venat.png (149 KB, 296x600) Image search: [Google]
Venat.png
149 KB, 296x600
>Wanting to free mankind
>Didn't give a fuck the oligarchy
>Gave man knowledge and power
> Sided with Vayne who had similar interest
>Died with him just to free mankind
Venat was the true hero of the story.But Damn Final Fantasy 12 was a good fucking game HD remaster when
>>
>>334673384
Is that the Black Omen?
>>
>>334673472
Well he does look like a flying ship
>>
>Battle system is too much like an MMO, and the Gambit system essentially does all the work for you
>Uninteresting and impersonal story
>Vayne is a dull politician who just talks too much but doesn't even say anything interesting, and is so far removed that we don't even know why he is the main antagonist. No one in the party even has a personal vendetta with him
>Vaan and Penelo are entirely useless
>Lack of character interaction. It's awkward to see a band of characters that barely seem to know each other, even at the end
>Licenses a shit
>Environments are boring
>Game feels incomplete with sidestories that go nowhere
>>
>>334673780
Is this a pasta,I see all this post or something similar all the time in FF 12 threads we get it you dislike the game.
>>
>>334673919
Actually, I actively hunt these threads down to post this in them.

It's copypasta inasmuch as I copy and paste it from a .txt file but that's all.
>>
>Basch never got to Von Ronsenburg Ashe
>Stuck with Boipussy instead
Better end desu famsy
>>
>>334674452
Well you must really hate this game,but most of the points you made are wrong,and some are subjective for instance.The game plays nothing like an mmo,in mmos you constantly attack and wait for your hot keys to cool down.In FF 12 you have to wait until it's your turn to attack,so the system is basically like previous FF games but in real time.

As for the story I think it was breath of fresh air.Rather than trying to save the world,you are task with retaking back a princess kingdom,sure the characters don't interact much but I think the political story made up for it.Also we do know why Vayne is the main antagonist,he's actively trying to expand his territories,hell in the beginning of the game he kingdom was occupying Dalmasca,and Ashe is pretty much piss that Vayne had her husband killed and her kingdom taken,the same with Vaan and his brother.

I thought the world design was masterfully crafted each area having it's own branching paths and shortcuts.Not to mention the enemies that filled well in with it's environment was a real nice touch.
>>
File: 1243453453453534.jpg (66 KB, 386x571) Image search: [Google]
1243453453453534.jpg
66 KB, 386x571
Final Fantasy XII is easily the best Final Fantasy game in the series.
This is non debatable.

I'm going to blog post about something related to this, and there's nothing you can do to stop me /v/.

>Played the vast majority of the FF games
>FF12 comes out
>Youtube some videos of it
>"Eww what the fuck? Why is the battle system like that? This isn't Final Fantasy at all"
>Had no interest in buying it, instead I actively shitposted about it despite not playing it, because I was sure it would be shit just from those videos I watched
>End up going out to buy a game (Can't remember which one I wanted but it's irrelevant anyway)
>Store doesn't have the game
>Looking around, everything is shit.
>See FFXII and reluctantly buy it, figured I might as well give it a fair chance, it is a Final Fantasy game after all

Long story short, I put 450 hours into 1 of my save files in which I 100%'d the game.
Had some other files dedicated to challenge runs I had done.

Truly amazing game.
Infact, it's more than just the best Final Fantasy game to me, it's the best PS2 game period.

Coulda done without Vaan and Penelo for sure, but they didn't come close to ruining the game for me.
>>
>>334675601
It's how I felt when I played the demo from buying Dragon quest VIII,I ended up falling in love with game,I never got 100% because Yiazmat and the Omega weapon were just to hard for me,but god I hope square announcement an HD remaster of the game it's was simply a feat that the game ran on a ps2
>>
>>334673384
Daily reminder that Gabranth did literally nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1460783609933.jpg (90 KB, 455x536) Image search: [Google]
1460783609933.jpg
90 KB, 455x536
Final fantasy 12 still to this day makes me fucking wonder at just how they fit that big of a world and that much optional fucking stuff on a PS2 game

Low Poly High Texture is a hell of a drug
>>
>>334676020
>never got 100% because Yiazmat and the Omega weapon were just to hard for me
same. I liked that the game had more optional bosses than I could ask for, and never really felt like I was missing out by not taking down the last two
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png (1 MB, 1920x1230) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png
1 MB, 1920x1230
>>334676141
Except betrayed his brother and homeland but he redeemed himself in the end
>>334676161
5 Years of dedicated dev time will do that to a game,this is why I have High hopes with FF XV even tho /v/ likes to shit on that game before it releases
>>
VENAT IS A HERETIC
>>
File: Even a stray has pride.png (1 MB, 870x1565) Image search: [Google]
Even a stray has pride.png
1 MB, 870x1565
>>334676473
>Except betrayed his brother and homeland
Wrong brother.

>Basch abandoned Noah as Landis fell to go play at being a Knight
>Noah forced to provide for their mother
>After Landis was conquered, moved to Archades, their mother's homeland
>Looked after her until she died as an Archadian Judge
>Meanwhile literally everybody Basch was supposed to protect died and every kingdom he swore to defend fell
Ironically, despite everything, Noah was the more successful twin.
>>
>>334673384
is that ship from starsector?
>>
File: FF 12 demo.png (81 KB, 716x128) Image search: [Google]
FF 12 demo.png
81 KB, 716x128
>>334676951
Well damn that does gives me some insight,maybe the story would of been better if they kept Basch as the main character,would of been alot more interesting
>>334676020
Speaking of demos wow this was 10 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Qr7h12s08
>>
File: 1457941156745.jpg (81 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1457941156745.jpg
81 KB, 850x850
>>334676473
It helps that FF12's team was really fucking passionate im guessing as well

even after they finished the game they said it wasnt good enough and just ended up making a shitton of tweaks and added more content in the form of the IZJS version of the game
>>
File: Cid.jpg (121 KB, 377x365) Image search: [Google]
Cid.jpg
121 KB, 377x365
>"On whose shoulders better to stand then those of the would-be gods? Ah, such high hopes I once had but you ran and ran and they with you. Alas, the hour of you return is late! Come, Fframran, revel in the glory of my triumph!"

Easily the best iteration of Cid we've ever had.
Yes, I like the FF7 one too, but the amount of depth he had was paper thin.
FFXII Cid was truly a pleasure to watch. It can even be argued that he was more of a "villain" than Vayne, though both of them are excellent characters.
>>
>>334677757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuscQo6r9c
This entire scene reminds me of Kefka for some reason wonder if all that mist made him insane.But damn that Shakespearean dialog does help with characters speeches
>>
File: Larsa_Solidor.jpg (383 KB, 570x1600) Image search: [Google]
Larsa_Solidor.jpg
383 KB, 570x1600
best shota
>>
File: Vayne.png (91 KB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
Vayne.png
91 KB, 320x218
>>334673384
>The true hero of the story
>The only primary antagonist Monk
>Fabulous as fuck
>Did nothing wrong
Why wasn't the game about Vayne and his bros Venat and Cid rather that whore Ashe and her legion of nobodies?

>>334676141
I'm still mad that Gabranth is in Dissidia over Vayne. Not only is he not the main antagonist -- How many fucking sword faggots does Dissidia need? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>334678751
Why the hell did Vayne kill all his brother but left Larsa alive
>>
>>334679030
Because Vayne was setting Larsa up to be his successor and Vayne understood that Larsa is best girl.
>>
File: Larsa.jpg (36 KB, 486x295) Image search: [Google]
Larsa.jpg
36 KB, 486x295
>>334678751
Indeed
>>
>>334679023
>How many fucking sword faggots does Dissidia need
Well when you base your spin of game of characters from the main games who use nothing but swords it's kind of hard to come up with something different
>>
>>334679023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDFI_rm6VWM

Look at this shit.
Vayne, Cid & Venat are fucking amazing.

Too bad the masses can't handle villains like this. They need some edgy fucker like Sephiroth.
>>
FF XII is my favorite FF, and probably my favorite JRPG ever.

HOW THE FUCK I BEAT YIAZMAT. It takes forever, and he starts just 1 hit KOing everybody at a crazy rate.
>>
>>334675093
This.
>>
>>334679789
Oh I remember. I ended up hating Ashe and company and only beat the game for closure. It helped that the battle system was fun.
>>
I loved XII.

It was the first time I felt like a Final Fantasy game actually moved beyond the tired old "chosen one with amnesia saves the world from ancient evil" crap. It was a story about nations at war. It was bigger then just one guy. And the effects that war has on everyone from the royal families to the lowly street urchins caught in the middle.
>>
File: DissidiaGabranthArt.png (265 KB, 524x718) Image search: [Google]
DissidiaGabranthArt.png
265 KB, 524x718
>>334680139
Not to mention antagonists with reasonable motivations.
>>
>We will never get another FF like XII

I mean I guess XIV is a little like it at least. I also kind of get the feeling that XV could have a similar sense of exploration and world. I'll keep expectations low though.
>>
>>334673780

Most people won't know but the FF12 battle system IS the FF11 battle system, the only difference is that when porting it from 11 into 12 they left out literally all the important and fun mechanics.

All that you are left with is auto attacking.
>>
>>334680139
>It was the first time I felt like a Final Fantasy game actually moved beyond the tired old "chosen one with amnesia saves the world from ancient evil" crap
I feel like you might be over stating it a bit

>VI starts off with Terra having amnesia
>VII starts off with Cloud having amnesia
>VIII has EVERYONE having amnesia about the orphanage

Well, okay. Maybe not that big of a bit. I'm kind of an FF casual though, so I barely recall the plots of the earlier or later games. I know Zidane didn't know about his important past, but I'm not sure if that's amnesia. Same with Tidus; he didn't know the circumstances of his showing up, but it's not like he actually really had amnesia to the extent VI-VIII did.

I don't think chosen one was a big thing though, though I guess it depends on what that term means to you.
>>
>>334679171
The fuck kinda fuccboi name is Larsa anyways.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.