[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That one gamebreaking bug / glitch that was never patched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: ttryrtyrt.jpg (77 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
ttryrtyrt.jpg
77 KB, 249x213
>That one gamebreaking bug / glitch that was never patched
Whats its name /v/ ?
Mines is tele emp
>>
File: 9UQI3nq.jpg (42 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
9UQI3nq.jpg
42 KB, 600x800
>>334634563

>discover bug on your own or from friends
>abuse the fuck out of it
>it gets removed in a patch

What's her name /v/?
>>
>>334634683
I remember a bug in tf2 where you could go under the map and shoot people and they wouldn' be able to shoot you,
Although it was patched years ago on PC it still exists on the console version of TF2
>>
>>334634683

>day of defeat in the original half life 1 beta
>in caen
>back alley near the main square
>can boost on top of a door and make it to a top of building you're not supposed to
>do this as a german rifleman
>sniping the fuck out of fools
>went like 103-8 one game
>removed a few days later in a patch

good times
>>
>>334634857

I stopped playing TF2 years ago

Did they ever fix on some maps that you could kill enemies via taunting through the gates before the round started?
>>
Sims Bustin Out my character was stuck repeating an action over and over. Accidentally saved and so the same shit happened all the time on that save.
>>
>Bulletstorm
No idea if that stairway to nowhere ever got fixed
>>
>>334634563
In etrian odyssey untold 1 you can go through the menus in a certain way during battle that dupes items. Normally in a game like final fantasy this barely changes the game, but in EO it can ridiculously break it.

>as many formeldahyde as you want
>as many nectar II as you want
>as many TP/HP items as you want

In a game where one item can mean you're running back to town one battle away from a game over it's a big deal.
>>
>>334634993
I think they did, havnt seen it happen yet
>>
>Kingdoms of Amalur
>enjoyed it despite all the shit it received
>about 2/3 through the game
>game-breaking bug where you can't complete a main quest
>save over both my main save and backup before I realized the problem
>never patched because the company went under
>>
Wavedashing for sure.
>>
File: koa.png (82 KB, 392x143) Image search: [Google]
koa.png
82 KB, 392x143
>>334635240

Really?

I completed the game and the DLC with no problem
>>
>>334634993
yes, which also killed being able to throw sandman balls through spawn gates and windows
>>
>>334634683
only one I can think of in recent memory was in Darkest Dungeon there was an exploit where you could sell trinkets to the outfitter at their full value which basically made money irrelevant since trinkets are ridiculously valuable

sadly it was patched out and you were forced to grind instead
>>
MKDS Snaking.
>>
>The Thing game
>AI squad mate dies
>his body is face down on the ground
>you can still issue orders and he can still repair stuff and shoot at enemies and is now invincible

It was helpful but creeped me out at first since I was like 10 when the game came out. Shame I had to leave him behind once the level ended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCR6dhLOcOY
>>
>>334635370
It was only a specific quest after you crossed the ocean, one where you have to destroy some crystals. I was exploring before doing the main quests and destroyed some of them before accepting the associated quest. Once I finally did go back for the quest, they didn't respawn and I couldn't complete it.
>>
>>334634683
I remember when MW2 came out there were a lot of glitches revolving around care packages like speed boosts and infinite care packages.
Me and a friend would ruin games with constant predator misiles and pave lows, then it was gone.

As much as it was a testament to dude bro gaming that game was good fun and was almost perfectly balanced due to its multitude of unbalanced aspects.
>>
>Call of Chutulu: Dark Corners
>get I think a quarter or third through the game
>part where you need to open a safe
>safe doesn't open
>reload
>still doesn't open
>can't progress any further
>uninstall and never play again

This was years ago and I wonder if they've fixed it. Shame, it was a good game up to that point
>>
>>334635669
no dedicated servers though
>>
File: 2015-10-15_00002.jpg (237 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-15_00002.jpg
237 KB, 1680x1050
Shadowrun Hong Kong had some pretty shit bugs that stopped you from completing a mission. There was one time instead of the enemy and my team taking turns it was: three of my team take a turn, then the enemies and then the other guy on my team.
>>
>Crysis 1
>one part of a map near the beach with a rock outcropping right under the water near the beach line
>sharks spawn
>kill one shark
>another immediately respawns and comes for you
>the rocky shoal lets them glitch to up onto the beach and allows them to float of the land and attack you
>kill the shark
>another one respawns and comes after you ass even if you're out of line of site
>getting fucking swamped by a never ending conga line of sharks
>decide to run full speed inland
>come across some Korean soldiers
>fuck it, run past them
>they're shooting at me
>then hear them scream as the sharks start attacking them
>think it's over
>after the last korean is dead they come after me again
>my computer was barely powerful enough to handle crysis as is
>after probably 100 dead sharks my PC gives up and crashes

It was pretty fun but I wasn't able to replicate it again
>>
>>334635735
Well there's the ladder glitch where you can't get passed the intro. Ever
>>
>played Counter-Strike since Beta 1
>never got bunny hopping or surfing down
>>
>>334635669
I remember in World at War there was a glitch in the very early days of the online where if you had a heavy machine gun like the browning or the MG42 and it had a bipod. You could prone on the ground and hold the left analog stick forward as you were deploying the bipod. It gave you infinite ammo and no reloads as long as you were still on the ground with the bipod deployed.

Shit was so fun. I miss cod 4 and waw with my buddies all day every day
>>
>>334634563
>playing FEAR
>after the scene where you are intercepted right before coming down of the chopper,
>gun glitches and is stuck firing even after running out of ammo
>changing gun does nothing.
>can't meele.
>can't do anything but die.
I haven't finished FEAR ever since
>>
>>334634683
Infinite combos in THPSU2. I think it was never patched.
>>
>>334634683

>the new star wars battlefront
>hoth map
>Boba Fett can jet pack to rocky croppings no one else can get to with perfect cover
>make it there
>stick head out
>fire rocket
>hide
>rinse and repeat

And since there's no kick feature, people would literally rack up 100+ kills in a match.
>>
File: 1457601952953.png (669 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1457601952953.png
669 KB, 960x540
>Playing the original Worms
>Going to shoot minigun
>Was messing around function keys for some reason
>F1 was pressed, witness half map being vaporized
>Accidentally stumbled upon minigun bazooka

The joys of internet being rare as fuck and vidya magazines not being that common.
>>
File: gear2.jpg (101 KB, 542x742) Image search: [Google]
gear2.jpg
101 KB, 542x742
Gears 2

Map-Breaking while playing Gaurdian.
>>
>>334634563
NV crashing problem
>>
>>334634683

>one of the counter strike betas
>they add in a driveable APC for CT's on cs_siege
>drive it
>tell team mates to hop into the back
>drive off bridge killing them
>still survive
>either go into the tunnel and block the elevator on one side and the tunnel on the other for perfect blockade
>or use ramp back up from canyon to CT spawn and glitch the side of the map and make it to skybox and start sniping fools

I miss HL1's wonky as fuck vehicle physics
>>
in the multiplayer for the first army of two game there was a way to get out of every map and shoot people while being unable to be shot at

I know because I was a tester on that game and it was never fixed.
>>
>>334637624
>I know because I was a tester on that game and it was never fixed

How does this shit happen? I've been in multiple betas and I, and other beta players, have sounded the alarm on series bugs only to be ignored or have it take months for it to be fixed.
>>
>>334637879

*serious bugs
>>
File: 5345346.jpg (56 KB, 411x447) Image search: [Google]
5345346.jpg
56 KB, 411x447
>Windwaker HD
>Finally shoving sword through Gannon's head
>The cutscene doesn't play, everyone just starts running in place on top of the tower
>2 years later and I still can't watch the final cutscene or replay it with the blue shirt

It's apparently only an issues with the digital version.
>>
>>334634563
Soul multiplying in Demon's Souls
its actually ginda great for just any kind of build you want to do for end game since the severs are still up.
>>
>>334637879
because the way game development works is that the devs build the levels and slowly add content and features to them while giving playable builds to the testers, every time they add things bugs crop up, we report them, they fix them. But every time they fix a major bug it creates new bugs, and when they fix those new ones are created again, its a constant cycle. Additionally often the builds they give us are in such an unplayable state that they can barely even be called games.

But anyway as the game gets closer and closer to launch the devs have to decide what is more worthy of spending their time on, so some bugs will be acknowledged as known but shippable. I can absolutely guarantee you that every bug you've ever found in a game was found by its testers and sent to the devs who decided not to fix it because they were too busy.
>>
Witch and the Hundred knight
>>
>>334637243
When was this patched?
>>
>>334638734

I quit playing it like 3 weeks after it was released and it was still in when I stopped playing. No idea if they fixed it yet
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Hope you didn't save afterwards faggot
>>
>>334634563
The Sacred Beast's Lair cutscene glitch in the fan-patched PC port of Ys Celceta. I was having so much fun up until then.
>>
>>334638190
Wow that sucks m8. I'm sorry to hear that
>>
The vending machine shops in Bioshock 2 that were supposed to make sounds like in the first game. Still not been patched to this day as far as I know.
>>
>>334635553
lol bet you couldnt snake on a straight?
gtfo pleb
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.