[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am late to the party and just started to play first Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Dark_Souls_Tensei (3).jpg (90 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Tensei (3).jpg
90 KB, 850x600
So I am late to the party and just started to play first Dark Souls.
I am currently at Blightown, running all the time with Zweihander. Will there be any good str weapon to look forward to? PPM attack with my current weapon feels good as fuck but I am afraid that I will be bored when playing with one weapon whole game, so I don't want to miss something good.
>>
File: 6209453088_a099fc305c_b.jpg (279 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
6209453088_a099fc305c_b.jpg
279 KB, 1024x575
>>334612909
do you like feeling like one heavy motherfucker that could just crush things at will? Well aim towards some of havels stuff, and definitely get his ring, it'll let you actually move with all that heavy shit.

As for shields artorias great shield is the best as it has the most stability, and thats all that really matters with shields in the first

and I never really used swords so can't really help you there.
But i'd say one of the most fun str weapons in the Dragon Tooth. Or the Demon greataxe or whatever its called

pic related
havel gear with dragon tooth
>>
File: fire-1073217_960_720.jpg (200 KB, 960x654) Image search: [Google]
fire-1073217_960_720.jpg
200 KB, 960x654
>>334612909
just a little tip thats completeley unrelated to what you asked
make sure if you're a weapon build and not a magic build to pick up some pyromancies, you dont need any magic stats and it can literally just sit in an unused hand for a quick cheeky fireball, it won't make any difference to your build
>>
>>334612909
Heavy weapons in Dark souls are on two levels.

One group has weapons that are about in the 20-30 range and are easy to use two handed.

The second require over 40 strength but are generally better because they have better scaling and damage.
>>
>>334612909
If you like zwei, be sure to check out claymore and bastard swords aswell
>>
>>334612909
You're in blighttown nigga
find the giant club and enjoy
>>
>>334612909
if you wanna get some pretty cool weapons try the forest hunter covenant and come back to blighttown to buy some big swords
>>
>>334613713
Thanks, I will check this out, looks like I just recently released from a barrel some guy who can teach me pyromancy.
>>334613429
I think that I met this nigga in the early game but he fucked me really hard so I left him for now
>>
>>334615245
His Set and weapon are found in Anor Londo, you don't actually have to kill him for it beside the ring.
>>
>>334615245
You should have some good enough gear and stats by now to challenge him. If you're leveling Endurance enough, and have a decent shield (around 65-70 stability), you can definitely block his one-handed attacks.
He's pretty slow, so if you can into rolling you can get behind him, backstab him, and get behind him and do it again right after he gets up.
Although he doesn't drop his weapon and armor like above said, the ring he drops is really good, it adds a significant amount to your maximum equip load. It's useful to just about any build, especially a STR one.
>>
>having Lautrec in your party
>not based Laurentius
>>
>>334615245
Havel is piss easy to parry. It's a good practice for higher level mobs too. If you can parry and dodge well, you pretty much won the game (even the last boss can be parried).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.