[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We suggest minor changes that would improve a game tenfold.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Super_Metroid_title[1].png (7 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Super_Metroid_title[1].png
7 KB, 256x224
Metroid Zero Mission style controls. Thankfully there's a patch for it.
>>
I would really like some form of clans for Dark Souls, beyond the Covenants. Some system to organize Friends. People might not agree with me though.
>>
I hate how people think the Zero Mission physics is the end all for Metroid.
>>
>>334586609
Interesting thread. I'll play along.

>Megaman X: Powers are done using directions + X, L and R. charged powers are instant use special moves.
>sotn: higher enemy HP and they now go into a stun state when hit. Also the ability to switch weapon sets with the L2 button.
>FFXIII: remove paradigm categories so you can make combos with all attacks. Implement character switching.
>Any modern shooter: 3x as much hp so there is less emphasis on good aim
>>
>>334587438

Physics in Super Metroid are important for many of the techniques, even if they're hard to get used to. I'm thinking more about the weapon selection and aiming controls of the GBA games than the actual mechanics of the game
>>
>>334587543
In that case, how about the inventory selection of Super in Zero Mission?
>>
>>334587720

That's in the game, it was just dummied out.
>>
>>334587538
>Soul calibur V: remove guard crush carrying over between rounds
>dark souls games: a soapstone that finds players in whatever region and invades them. perfect for when there are not many players around.
>dragon's dogma: special move inputs instead of skill slots, and all skills can be equipped at the same time.
>dishonored: higher enemy HP and stun states triggering even if an enemy is already in a stun state allowing combos. More enemies. A practice doll.
>modern ace combat games: unlocking planes by shooting down special enemies like in ace combat 2
>>
No fucking Ultras in SF4
>>
>>334587538
>>334588178
>sotn: higher enemy HP and they now go into a stun state when hit.
>dishonored: higher enemy HP and stun states triggering even if an enemy is already in a stun state allowing combos.
OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
If enemies get stunned when hit, then you're just stunlocking them the moment you attack. They might as well have 1hp for all that matters, because more health just means you spend more time stunlocking them.
>>
>>334586609
Super Metroid need to be more like Other M

at least Hyper Metroid got the story down
>>
>>334588178
>>334588178
>zelda lttp: L, X and R buttons used as more item slots. Map is an item you have to equip now, or have is accessible through the select menu.
>Zelda OOT/MM: manual jumping, and remove black bars when target locked.
>FFXV: Not getting pulled or auto warping into enemies when attacking
>Any MMO: remove cluttered HUD

>>334588474
That's your interpretation. My interpretation was that enemies can only be stunlocked with large amounts of practice and mastery of game mechanics. Obviously multiple enemies at the same time would also prevent that being easy.
>>
>>334588474
Reminds me of when people complain about Wave Troopers in Prime. Just stunlock them with a fully charged wave beam.
>>
>>334588960
>Secret of mana: Y, X, L and R buttons used for magic spells. Menu functions all under start button, switching characters on select.
>sonic adventure 2: put the bounce on a separate button
>>
>>334588245
>check out this faggot

You can't even fucking block or read your opponents so you can dodge?

The revenge bar is stupid, yes, but ultras? Seriously? Git gud
>>
>>334591650

They're easy to block, they're just a terrible mechanic. just about any mechanic founded on a revenge gauge is.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.