[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people hating on doom so much i get the seasonpass thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 31
File: doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
Why are people hating on doom so much i get the seasonpass thing but the game is really fun. its like quake and brutal doom combined.
>>
>>334576546
It's slow as fuck, the 2 gun limit and load outs are idiotic, Doomguy looks literally like Master Chief now, SP's levels are confirmed to be linear and full of obligatory "combat arenas, there's both Perk and level up systems in SP, the cinematic executions and button presses just ruin the flow of the game, guns look and sound weak as shit and Bethfucks only focus on melee combat, which grants player tons of free HP and ammo, thus eliminating the need of eell thought item placement, there's gunbutt melee and quick grenades, hit indicators and damage values, mission objective reminder and direction compass, OST sucks, and finally :
Bethmorons hate criticism so much, that they sent 4chan some copyright complains, preventing users from posting certain D4 images and webms.
>>
>>334576546

The series is essentially having some of the greatest growing pains ever. They're trying to take a game from 23 years ago and make something contemporary out of it. Naturally, people are pissed at what's different. Not only that, but they seem to expect nothing but the best from it due to its titanic name.

This is one of those games that's going to suffer from Nothing's-Ever-Good-Enough syndrome. MGSV suffered a similar fate. It was a great game, but it just couldn't climb on top of the mountain of expectations that fans of the series had.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (255 KB, 1031x568) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
255 KB, 1031x568
>>334577563

>It's slow as fuck, the 2 gun limit and load outs

(In multiplayer)

>Doomguy looks literally like Master Chief now

A guy in green armor looks like a guy in green armor. Say it ain't so!

>SP's levels are confirmed to be linear and full of obligatory "combat arenas

Did you even play Doom or Doom 2?

>the cinematic executions and button presses just ruin the flow of the game

Things that are entirely optional.

>guns look and sound weak as shit

This is one thing I can agree with you on. The guns could use more presence and sound far too quiet.

>which grants player tons of free HP and ammo, thus eliminating the need of eell thought item placement

Because placing items in the middle of the floor for you to run over them is much better, right?

>there's gunbutt melee and quick grenades

Which would otherwise take up weapon slots and hotkeys that are entirely unnecessary.

>hit indicators and damage values

(In Multiplayer)

>mission objective reminder and direction compass

You know it's funny, people keep saying this but I didn't see these in either of the singleplayer campaign videos I watched.
>>
>>334577750
Nothing can live up to the expectations of gamers these days. Everything new is shit according to /v/.
>>
>>334578775
>>334578454
>>334576546
The shills are in full force already.
>>
File: Quake III.jpg (2 MB, 2352x3450) Image search: [Google]
Quake III.jpg
2 MB, 2352x3450
>>334576546
>its like quake and brutal doom combined
You shut your whore mouth!
>>
>Brutal doom
dropped
If the original doom was trash metal (slayer, pantera, metallica etc.), brutal doom is what someone imagines le epic edgy death metal is like from some pictures and a few short clips. D44M is what you get when you combine power metal (dragonforce) with that weird hardcore/metal mashup genre
>>
>>334579008
What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>334579008
>Brutal Doom was great
>Brutal Doom is now popular
>Brutal Doom is shit

The Doom fanbase everyone
>>
>>334578454
>(In multiplayer)
and SP.

>A guy in green armor looks like a guy in green armor.
No, the overall player model design is fucking mix of Destiny and Halo. Where's the raw MEAT and MUSCLES??

>Did you even play Doom or Doom 2?
Likely before you were even born. Doom never locked you into a tiny area and waited for the last enemy in there to be killed before magically opening a path out; that's Pain Killer design right there, a very cheesy way of designing a shooter.

>Things that are entirely optional.
Every. Fucking. Time.
When the game's designed around this kind of bullshit elements, it will show and feel. If anything, disabling or "just not using" them will often just hinder your experience.

>Because placing items in the middle of the floor for you to run over them is much better, right?
It is. If you disagree and don't see the huge problem with even the most basic imp totally replenishing your HP, armor and ammo, you're a lost case.
Doom and it's early "clones" (like BUILD games) had damn well thought out item placements. You had a limited set of supplies, with the harder to find secrets usually significantly improving your survival chances.

>Which would otherwise take up weapon slots and hotkeys that are entirely unnecessary.
...what?
you should only have guns and your fist / saw.

>You know it's funny, people keep saying this but I didn't see these in either of the singleplayer campaign videos I watched.
You should stop only watching the oldest videos. Here's the shot that caused controversy, with the 4chan ban messages around it to allow posting it.
>>
>>334579074
I copypasta'd a comparison from /vr/ a while back about musical influence on the game series, and the music also has inflence on the feel of the game. And also just saying that it's no longer what it was, and it just being a horrible trainwreck of a line of thought.
>>
>>334578967
I still have a pile of those gaming magazines with these fun ads
>>
>>334579214
>The doom fanbase is a single undivided hivemind that, although it can change its mind, always is in consensus with all the individuals that compromise it.

>Doom fanbase is divided because people are individuals with different opinions

Pick one
Protip: shoot the first option with rockets until it dies
>>
>>334579390
It is an undeniable fact that the Doom community started hating Brutal Doom the moment it got popular.
>>
>>334578454

I agree with this.
It feels and plays a lot like Quake. But the two franchises have always been close cousins, so I see no problem with that.

It's Doom enough for me, and I grew up on Doom.
>>
>>334578454
In multiplayer he says. Implying these things won't be in single player, especially movement. What, you think the single player experience will have faster movement?
>>
>>334579591
My only actual interaction with something that resembles a doom community is the /vr/ doom general, so I'll have to take your word for it. Opinion there is divided with silent consensus of nobody bring it up because all that's to be said has been said. (excluding occasional newcomer)
>>
File: what game is this.jpg (90 KB, 578x648) Image search: [Google]
what game is this.jpg
90 KB, 578x648
>>334579760
it's both funny and sad when us oldfags somehow pass as "redditors" nowaday. Hell, I haven't even used the damn site, ever.
>>
File: 1344740458827.jpg (113 KB, 930x1077) Image search: [Google]
1344740458827.jpg
113 KB, 930x1077
>>334576546
>>334577563
>>334577750
These posts summarize my thoughts.

As an addition, I find it a disgrace how they covered the doomguy in armor, showing off muscles is part of being the manly one-man army against all of hell.
>>
>>334579236

>and SP.

Loadouts and 2 weapon limit are not in Singleplayer.

>No, the overall player model design is fucking mix of Destiny and Halo. Where's the raw MEAT and MUSCLES??

Yeah because Destiny and Halo invented powered exoskeletons right? Anon pls, you're embarrassing yourself.

>Doom never locked you into a tiny area and waited for the last enemy in there to be killed before magically opening a path out

Sorry I can't fucking hear you over maps like Dead Simple, or Tricks and Traps from Doom 2.

>When the game's designed around this kind of bullshit elements, it will show and feel

So the game is designed around executions? Want to elaborate on how that's the case or are you just fine asserting shit without having any evidence or reasoning?

>It is. If you disagree and don't see the huge problem with even the most basic imp totally replenishing your HP, armor and ammo, you're a lost case.

If the best argument you've got is that people who disagree with you are a "lost cause" then your argument is shit.

>you should only have guns and your fist / saw.

Whereas you have guns, a melee button that doesn't take up a weapon slot, and a chainsaw that does take up a weapon slot. I don't understand what you're trying to get at here.

>Here's the shot that caused controversy, with the 4chan ban messages around it to allow posting it.

First of all, that screenshot is probably from a leaked build of the game. That's the only way Bethesda could even call a DMCA takedown on it: If it violated a Non-disclosure agreement. You might want to brush up on the laws you're talking about. Second, the one thing it does tell me is that the developers and Bethesda at least noticed that there was a controversy.

If they have any kind of good sense, then they changed it. If they don't have any kind of good sense, then yes criticizing the objective markers is entirely fair and I agree with you.
>>
File: 1317830325188.jpg (51 KB, 411x331) Image search: [Google]
1317830325188.jpg
51 KB, 411x331
>>334579837
The last time I remember someone putting any thought into the argument was back in 2010.

Nowadays everyone just tries to weasel out at every opportunity while trying to discredit/character assasination with mandatory #GoB2Leddit memereply

Yeah god forbid we know your honest opinion
>>
>>334579757

>Implying these things won't be in single player, especially movement. What, you think the single player experience will have faster movement?

It will, but I'm sure the means by which it is achieved won't make you feel any better. They have some kind of character spec system that lets you allocate abilities or skills which include things like faster movement speed and a pick-up sweeper that pulls items toward you. So, yes, there will be a means to have faster movement in singleplayer.
>>
File: doom.jpg (762 KB, 1756x2652) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
762 KB, 1756x2652
It's painfully obvious that the game is designed with console play in mind.
All it's glaring flaws such as loadouts, no advanced movement, perks and level up systems and muh cinematic experience are all pointing in that direction.

I kind of dig it's overall look, save for the player characters and silly taunts. The engine itself is pretty good too. But that won't save the shallow gameplay. I feel like I've already touched the skill ceiling with my fingertips after only two hours worth of play. There's simply no depth.

Granted, we maybe shouldn't be expecting the next iteration of Quake in terms of gameplay and I can even accept that they want the console audience but what we got now is extremely lacklustre.
>>
File: 20160417125001_1.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160417125001_1.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
I thought the hate towards Doom was just limited to a loud minority, but the negative reviews on Steam show otherwise.
This is the new Evolve.
>>
File: UrT_Mandolin.jpg (70 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
UrT_Mandolin.jpg
70 KB, 900x563
>>334580245
>console play in mind
THIS THIS THIS

Console shits can't handle a number bar full of weapons, proper powersliding, walljumping, or shooting while doing these things.

>you will never relive the experience of playing a popular arena/fast paced shooter while jamming out to trance music
>your old clans you used to scrim with will never come back again

Why did I come to this thread, this feel is horrible
>>
File: d4 - no mods or edits.jpg (216 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
d4 - no mods or edits.jpg
216 KB, 1440x900
>>334579956
>Yeah because Destiny and Halo invented powered exoskeletons right?
Doom did not have Exoskeletons.
And this shit (>>334579837) is pure Destiny. It's literally hard to keep up what game you're watching nowadays.

>Sorry I can't fucking hear you over maps like Dead Simple,
a "bossfight" map. Pretty much the same as D1's Phobos Anomaly.
>or Tricks and Traps from Doom 2.
One of my favorite maps in the series, and it certainly does not fall into the PK's "move few meters in linear corridor, get shut into a small arena that gets filled with enemies" trope.

All in all, a huge majority of D1/2's maps were very "open", quite nonlinear at best, and didn't restrict your movement in any other way than occasional claustrophobic areas.

>So the game is designed around executions?
Yes. It's the main way of getting supplies in D4. Even devs said it, and it's fucking obvious from the released footage alone.

>your arguments are shit
No, you're just Beth-shill.

>Whereas you have guns, a melee button that doesn't take up a weapon slot, and a chainsaw that does take up a weapon slot.
The fact that you are even talking about "weapon slots" shows what kind of modern, underaged console-faggot you are.
Is it REALLY that hard to make an oldschool shooter with no weapon carry restrictions? Hell, even Half-Life series allowed you to carry your whole arsenal, and nobody ever complained about going through your weapons. This shit literally started when Xbox360 became the main platform for every fucking game, ever.

>First of all, that screenshot is probably from a leaked build of the game.
No, it's not. It's from the Conan O Brian show on Youtube, which is free for all to view, and only shows stuff the devs ALLOWED everyone to see.

>If they have any kind of good sense, then they changed it.
They're still there. I have literally seen "Find yellow key" and "Use yellow key on yellow door" shots.
>>
>>334580245
why is his abs showing in the original tho?

I have never noticed that in 25 years until now. What kind of gay marine wears a tubshirt.
>>
>>334580639

>tubshirt
His under shirt is ripped, look to the lower right of his abs.
>>
>>334579837
Trick question, that's from Mass Effect 3 MP
>>
>>334580639
Look closely. His abdomen is scratched and bleeding. On right side you can see a shred of cloth that's ripped open. Some hellspawn tried to gut him and ripped a piece of his armor off.
Same goes for his leg.
>>
>>334576546
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>334577750
who cares lol

the true fans will buy the game regardless , the ones whinning and nitpicking here are just foing it because they can and ultimately amount to nothing
>>
>>334580639
>>334580770
Also, the marine in the background still has his armor intact.
>>
>the singleplayer will surely be fine
>its just a beta
>hah, hahahaA!
>>
>>334579008
Thrash metal fucking sucks anyway.
>>
Why didn't Bethesda just give Doom to MachineGames, holy shit.
>>
>>334579951
>I find it a disgrace how they covered the doomguy in armor, showing off muscles is part of being the manly one-man army against all of hell.
I believe the only reason for that is that Beth knew someone would throw a shitfit. But, I thought the Marine always had armor; the abdomen section just got ripped off by demons
>>
File: SS3 = Literally Doom 4.jpg (3 MB, 1357x3061) Image search: [Google]
SS3 = Literally Doom 4.jpg
3 MB, 1357x3061
>>334580908
better question is: why the fuck were they so racist xenophobes, that they didn't give it to CroTeam ??
>>
>>334580795
>the true fans will buy the game regardless
Thats literally the opposite of what's going to happen if you ruin the formula of their beloved game in a sequel.
>>
>>334581193
it's probably not racism and more like love of shekels
>>
File: d4 ironsights.webm (3 MB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
d4 ironsights.webm
3 MB, 1200x674
>>334580795
>the true fans will buy the game regardless
I'm one of those "true fans", of both Doom and MGS, and with latter I'm not touching a single new MGS title anymore after Konami's shenanigans last year, and D44M is a day-365 pirate AT BEST.
>>
>>334581103
It just makes sense that Doomguy is in full power armor. He's running around Mars, Hell and all these hostile environments, in a super advanced age. Why the fuck would he be getting around in pants and a t-shirt?
>>
>>334581472
Pretty much my point in that post really. Unless they go for the "They have managed to give Mars an atmosphere", and even then I would disapprove of a marine not wearing armor unless we play as a marine on vacation.
>>
>>334579008
>trash metal

It's thrash you fucking idiot.
>>
>>334579591
I hated it from the moment I saw it.

It's just edgy shit that adds "modern" elements to a game that doesn't need them.

It's like adding a stamina bar to Mario and saying it's more realistic now.
>>
>>334580602

>Doom did not have Exoskeletons.

Exoskeletons weren't even a thing in the 90s.

>And this shit

I agree, to a point. The glossy textures and bright paint on the default player models looks retarded. But then again, all the shit happening in Doom's multiplayer is a UAC computer simulation anyway.

>One of my favorite maps in the series, and it certainly does not fall into the PK's "move few meters in linear corridor, get shut into a small arena that gets filled with enemies" trope.

No it just falls into the "move a few meters, have 50 Imps and two Barons dropped on top of you, and the floor drops out from behind you into acid instantly killing you if you back up" trope.

>It's the main way of getting supplies in D4. Even devs said it, and it's fucking obvious from the released footage alone.

I saw plenty of cases in the gameplay videos when enemies would shit out supplies even when shot to death. I also saw instances of supplies being placed in the level manually.

>No, you're just Beth-shill.

Whatever you have to tell yourself.

>The fact that you are even talking about "weapon slots" shows what kind of modern, underaged console-faggot you are.

Because the 1-7 weapon slots from the ORIGINAL FUCKING DOOM weren't exactly that. You're being intentionally retarded at this point. Not only that but you're acting like there's some arbitrary limitation on the amount of weapons you're carrying in singleplayer in the first place, which has been shown to be completely false. All weapons you pick up are permanently added to your arsenal in singleplayer and you know it.

>It's from the Conan O Brian show on Youtube, which is free for all to view, and only shows stuff the devs ALLOWED everyone to see.

Link it.
>>
>>334581452
>stands completely still and shoots
These are the people that whine about Doom.
>>
>>334581846
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>334578775
>implying there are any gamers on /V/

Here's a tip; the people who like games aren't on a message board all day complaining about how bad games are.
>>
File: doomrage.jpg (162 KB, 831x999) Image search: [Google]
doomrage.jpg
162 KB, 831x999
>>334581193
>15 years ago on Old Man Murray, Croteam joked about how id in its current state probably isn't even capable of creating Doom 1
>that joke turned into reality a decade later
>>
>>334581983
no, those are the people the D44M is designed for.

>>334581749
>Exoskeletons weren't even a thing in the 90s.
they were already a thing in 1980s.
>Link it.
Youtube it.
>>
>>334577750
I somewhat agree with what you're saying about Doom, but 100% disagree about MGS5.

MGS5 got flak because it's legit unfinished and NOT a great game. Every single aspect of that game is severely flawed. From the story, to the gameplay to the AI.
>>
File: 1351000772294.png (598 KB, 1680x2100) Image search: [Google]
1351000772294.png
598 KB, 1680x2100
>>334582126
>>
>>334579236
>No, the overall player model design is fucking mix of Destiny and Halo. Where's the raw MEAT and MUSCLES??

In defense of the new armor design... "raw MEAT and MUSCLES" isn't really something you want to see, because if it is something you can see, it means you aren't wearing armor. The original game's armor was just poorly designed, there isn't a logical reason why your arms would be completely bare. Even armor from the medieval period knew this.
>>
File: header.jpg (48 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48 KB, 460x215
You guys should consider playing this game since it's pretty fun and scratches my Arena Shooter itch very well.

It's pretty much dead, though, but I don't mind.
>>
>>334582289
Theirs also no logical reason for demons and shit everywhere. It does look cool though. Which might have been the point.
>>
File: D64end.png (748 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
D64end.png
748 KB, 1280x960
>>334582289
>The original game's armor was just poorly designed, there isn't a logical reason why your arms would be completely bare
Because maneuverability and it looks BADASS.

The D44M-guy is literally just some random guy in a powerarmor, which does all the work for him. The Doomguy was a badass beefcake who ripped & teared through hell himself.
>>
>>334582443
The steam blurb sounds good but
>early access
>no players
>>
File: 1380877670284.jpg (178 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1380877670284.jpg
178 KB, 800x585
>>334582665
>>no players

There are bots to play with, which is just like I used to play UT and Q3 back then, so I don't really mind.
>>
>>334579236
>that image
I always thought shilling is done discreetly. Now that i see the image, i understand why there's always daily WoW thread on /v/. I always wonder why thread like fallout4 die so quick after the sales but hyped daily for months in /v/
>>
>>334582505

You're actively arguing for a "beefcake" to have a more revealing outfit on. Anon, is there anything you want to tell us? Maybe something you're worried may make your parents ashamed of you?
>>
I think people are exaggerating how fast the original Doom was. I played through it just recently to maybe understand the complaints about this new game and it isn't faster than this one, or if it is, it is a negligible difference (or achieved through abusing game mechanics such as bunnyhopping).

In short, a severe case of nostalgia goggles.
>>
It seems like babbies feel like people should stop refusing a Doom game sliding into the ebin modern shooter experience, because Doom is "old" and, logically, should move on to imitating shit instead of innovating.
As always the simple answer to give is to invite them to take a look at the legacy and current status of D1 & 2. DAAMN won't even be remembered by 2039, but I'm pretty sure the 2 original games will still be played even then.
>>
>>334581193
Wow that looks like shit.
>>
Because my PC can't run it.
>>
>>334582980
>Ripped dudes make me instantly think about gaysex
>It's the other guys who has issues

Heh :^)
>>
>>334582289
>double barrel shotguns
>chainsaws
>knuckledusters
>demons

These are all acceptable elements, but somehow having anything other than COMPLETE SUIT OF POWAH AHMAH is too illogical to you? Doom has never had power armour, not even 3 had it and that was released 3 years after Halo. Power armour doesn't look right, and takes away from the humanity of the Marine you're playing. It tells me that the people making this game don't understand what DOOM was about.

>Even armor from the medieval period knew this
And yet modern armour is probably closest to late Renaissance armour for infantry- small but very high protection for what it does cover. This was due to the fact that full coverage was too difficult to get against better and better projectile weapons. It is entirely plausible that the future would continue the trend of offense > defense and that the result would be low coverage, highly strong armour.
>>
I noticed in the beta so many people just don't know how to play the game. I saw a few people crouching edging around corners and shit and lots of people standing still and aiming to shoot, and the majority of people have no idea what war path even is. After 4 games I was always in the top 2 players every single game I played and always the top of my team with ease. It got pretty boring after a while because in about 20 games there were only a couple people that actually posed a challenge. Why are people not good?
>>
>>334583518
I like the people who think they can use the vortex rifle as a full-time sniper and just go to a corner and aim out, the targeting laser giving away their position to everyone.
>>
>>334577750
> It was a great game, but it just couldn't climb on top of the mountain of expectations that fans of the series had.

I think that if Doom was literally Serious Sam without the teleport gimmick and more complex levels ( with keykards and shit) most Doom fans would be satisfied.
>>
>>334582280
How.
>>
>>334583597
>the targeting laser giving away their position to everyone.
kek that's beautiful
>>
File: 98764631.gif (907 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
98764631.gif
907 KB, 500x260
>>334583075
>abusing game mechanics such as bunnyhopping
>abusing
>>
>>334583075
hey anon, holding shift makes you sprint
>>
>>334583710
I think I counted 4 frames in that "gif".
>>
>>334583075
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>334581452
>>334581303
>i'm a true Doom fan
>i'll just pirate
and nothing of value was lost , thanks for proving my point
>>
>>334583710
>"please rape my face I know nothing about what I am talking about"

>Strafe-jumping started as a bug in the Quake code base, but it was later decided to keep it intact, as it had become a standard technique used by players. The bug itself relies on mathematics: when pressing a direction key, the game adds a unit vector in that direction to the player's movement speed. The final sum, however, is never normalized - this means that by directing the avatar away from the current kinetic vector but within 90 degrees of it, the player can exceed its own top speed.
>>
>>334581749
>Exoskeletons weren't even a thing in the 90s.

They were.

>But then again, all the shit happening in Doom's multiplayer is a UAC computer simulation anyway.

Too bad players are not simulations otherwise they would enjoy it,

>No it just falls into the "move a few meters, have 50 Imps and two Barons dropped on top of you, and the floor drops out from behind you into acid instantly killing you if you back up" trope.

It doesn't support the argument about original Doom being somehow like D44M

>I saw plenty of cases in the gameplay videos when enemies would shit out supplies even when shot to death. I also saw instances of supplies being placed in the level manually.

I'm pretty sure that ignoring an easy and fast way of getting ammo will not hinder your progress in any way.

>Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Haha

>Link it.

Just type "Conan O'Brien Doom" into YT. Why the fuck do I even has to explain to an adult how to find widely available promotional material on the Internet.

Not that anon BTW.
:^)
>>
>>334583407

Why would a technologically competent society capable of making teleportation to a totally different dimension pass over using power armor?

It's funny, because if the original game had used power armor, and the new one didn't, you'd be arguing the exact opposite.

Personally, I don't care about the armor design. It is a first person shooter, meaning you aren't even going to see your character while you play. The multiplayer is trash, I'm just in it for single player.
>>
>>334583658
No idea how they fucked up the textures (probably pure laziness) but the lack of any lighting is due to idtech5 not being capable of doing dynamic lighting combined with megatextures.
Just try to drive slowly into the "shadow" of a canyon in Rage - there won't be any shadow on your vehicle but instead the car simply gets darker.
>>
File: 1459227910550.jpg (305 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1459227910550.jpg
305 KB, 581x542
Why are people comparing the current new Consolised verison Doom too Quake?

They are nothing a like, I played the Doom beta 2-3 weeks ago. And the movement feels really tanky and the speed itself isn't close at all what you would get from a arena shooter.
What about the loadout ?

Every gun in the game feels really weak, and that is mostly because they aren't pickups.
The rocket launcher needs to hit 2 times before it does equally as much damage as the sniper rifle.

What's up with the jumping melee mechanic?

the best way to be on top of the score board seems to be meleeing player while having the electric gun that does insane amount of damage and is really easy to use because everyone moves so slow. I also don't understand why execution kills rewards the player with health and armor.

Maybe it's the new influx of new anons on this board but I never though I would see anons agreeing with AAA devs and their casualisation of franchises
>>
>>334579721

It feels and plays like Halo: Call of Doom edition. It's supposed to be a fast paced rail shooter and instead it's got loadouts and it's slow as shit. Going back to dooms roots my ass, well played bethesda getting my hopes up.
>>
>>334579236
To be honest I don't think the armor looks that bad (except for the helmet which looks 100% Halo) even if it's bland. If D44M was a great game but still had power armor in it, we wouldn't mind it.

>>334577750
>They're trying to take a game from 23 years ago and make something contemporary out of it.
Said game has gameplay that hasn't "aged" the slightest though. They could simply reuse the same formula, toss in a couple interesting things that weren't possible with the tech of 1993 (especially concerning maps, Doom 3 at least had this going for it in the Hell levels) and it would work. Worried about babies being unable to finish the game? Just make ITYTD show you waypoints or something. No reason whatsoever for not selling.

>MGSV suffered a similar fate. It was a great game,
Yeah.
>"open world"
>retarded enemies
>incredibly retarded story and dialogue, makes the stupidest moments of the entire franchise look like literary masterpieces
>shit characters
>edgemastery up the ass
>horrible multiplayer
>horrendous base management system
>no boss fights
>no funny, surprising, creative touches like there were in MGS1-2-3
>the entire game is the same missions repeating over and over
No, MGSV didn't suffer from the same fate. It was a thoroughly bad game, had it not been released under the MGS name it would have been blasted even by the shillest of shills.
>>
>>334584417
>too Quake
>>
>>334584417

I think it's the older crowd is significantly unimpressed because we were expecting a throwback, and the new crowd is impressed because it's a demon skin on the copy/paste gameplay of modern fps.
>>
>>334584417
>Having to choose your weapons and compensate for their weaknesses through your own skill is somehow more casual than being able to get all the weapons from the map and then having an answer to every situation

Also, the lightning guns TTK is several seconds. If you cannot kill the guy using it during that time with pretty much any of the other weapons, I've got bad news for you.
>>
>>334584160
>Why would a technologically competent society capable of making teleportation to a totally different dimension pass over using power armor?

Why wouldn't they just use terminators? Obviously doomguy was retarded and you should control a robot tank in Doom.
>>
>>334584481
> Worried about babies being unable to finish the game? Just make ITYTD show you waypoints or something. No reason whatsoever for not selling.

Yeah, just do the Dead Space thing of having a button give you a waypoint to the objective.

Completely optional but useful if you're stuck.
>>
>>334584554
>and the new crowd is impressed because it's a demon skin on the copy/paste gameplay of modern fps.
I don't get how they're not tired of it by now.

Play one and you've played them all.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (137 KB, 651x777) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
137 KB, 651x777
>>334583978

>They were.

Outside of Marvel comics or Battletech, where?

>Too bad players are not simulations otherwise they would enjoy it

Way to ignore the point.

>It doesn't support the argument about original Doom being somehow like D44M

So what'd you expect, a replica of a 23 year old game with 23 year old game mechanics, 23 year old level design?

>I'm pretty sure that ignoring an easy and fast way of getting ammo will not hinder your progress in any way.

I'm pretty sure that not using executions will just horribly hamper your ability to progress to the point of not being able to play. It's not hard to be blithely sarcastic Anon, and it doesn't prove anything either. Your conjecture is cute, but it's nothing more than that: conjecture.

>Just type "Conan O'Brien Doom" into YT

If you don't care enough to do it for me, I don't care enough to do it at all. You want to a prove a point? You cite the source. Otherwise, I couldn't give a shit. Clearly you understand why, since you couldn't give enough of a shit to do it yourself.
>>
>>334584565

>he doesn't understand spawn timings and controlling objectives and other high level arena fps concepts

please don't even comment on this, kid
>>
File: laughingliotta.jpg (196 KB, 1600x1150) Image search: [Google]
laughingliotta.jpg
196 KB, 1600x1150
>>334584750
>Look mom, I can keep count of the time!
>>
>>334584851

>I should spawn with a weapon on the level of someone who is controlling the map

modern gamers, everyone
>>
File: 1457336765104.webm (3 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1457336765104.webm
3 MB, 1024x768
Played five hours of the multiplayer beta, will probably play more. I don't hate it, and I've never played Halo past One due to destitution when younger, so I don't really have a game to compare it too.

It sure as shit ain't DOOM/Quake death match, but I don't hate it considering I'll be focusing on the SP anyway.
>>
>>334584160
>why would...
Because maybe small arms technology has meant that it is useless? We have more tech than medieval societies ever did, yet our soldiers only wear enough armour to *hopefully* protect vitals. Why? Because if we had more coverage then you wouldn't have enough protection where it mattered. It is entirely plausible not to wear a full suit of power armour. The universe has never had power armour. It adds nothing to put him in it. It just makes it look like yet another Halo clone. It waters it down and makes it generic.

The power armour isn't the biggest deal to me, but others have expressed how I feel about other issues adequately.
>>
>>334576546
so how many FPS franchises have fallen to consolitis now?
>FEAR
>Doom
>Crysis
>>
>>334584747
>Outside of Marvel comics or Battletech, where?

So you are admitting that they totally were a thing. Thanks.

>Way to ignore the point.

The point is it looks like shit.

>So what'd you expect, a replica of a 23 year old game with 23 year old game mechanics, 23 year old level design?

Non-lineal doom-like levels using modern design techniques. Like airducts and hacking in Deus Ex 3.

>I'm pretty sure that not using executions will just horribly hamper your ability to progress to the point of not being able to play. It's not hard to be blithely sarcastic Anon, and it doesn't prove anything either. Your conjecture is cute, but it's nothing more than that: conjecture.

It's pretty much a fact. There is no game in existence where ignoring core gameplay mechanics doesn't hinder your experience.

>If you don't care enough to do it for me, I don't care enough to do it at all.

If you don't want to watch any promotional material abut a game why are you discussing it? It's obvious that you don't give a shit and are just a contrarian who will argue about anything.
>>
>>334584565
You need to be able to get the gun in the first place, then correctly assess the situation in a second, immediately choose the right gun for it and then hit your enemy with it. You're making it sound like carrying all the guns with you gave you an I WIN button.
>>
>>334585004
Hey dweeb, there are other points of interest on the maps to control than weapons.
>>
>>334585108
You need to do that with the weapons you choose for your loadout, too. The difference is that your loadout won't have a weapon for every situation, so you don't always have an answer.
>>
>>334585225

You're still suggesting a reduction in factors of control, i.e casualisation
>>
>>334585039
What is this? Looks fantastic.
>>
>>334580102
>having to level up to move fast

go away shill
>>
>>334585305
Which leaves things to chance rather than skill.
>>
>>334585326
That's not casualisation, it's merely changing the objects of control. In fact, the demon rune is much more important than any weapon pickup could ever be, and same goes for the power-ups. You still have to control the map just as hard if you want to maintain dominance.
>>
>>334585305
You don't have to get the gun.
You don't choose a gun for the situation you're in because you don't have the option to respond to every situation in the first place, you just use whatever is the easiest to use and hope for the best.

Games with loadouts can be interesting (Wolfenstein, BF1942, BF2, ...), the system itself isn't the problem, its it's terrible implementation in the hola duty clone genre.
>>
>>334584215
>(probably pure laziness)
Huh? What's the point of megatextures then? Jesus
>>
>>334585078
>So you are admitting that they totally were a thing. Thanks.

No, I'm admitting that they existed in an entirely different from from the contemporary version. Battletech exoskeletons were 12 foot tall mini-mechs piloted by retards with roid rage, and Marvel comics exoskeletons were the tech-equivalent of superman powers. See: Ironman.

>The point is it looks like shit.

Thanks for your opinion.

>Like airducts and hacking in Deus Ex 3.

So what you're saying is that it's not enough like Doom, so it should be more like Deus Ex?

>It's pretty much a fact. There is no game in existence where ignoring core gameplay mechanics doesn't hinder your experience.

Pretty sure the core gameplay mechanic is shooting things in the fact, but believe what you want.

>If you don't want to watch any promotional material abut a game why are you discussing it?

Considering the guy who mentioned it in the first place posted a screen capture of it and specified where it came from, I'm discussing it because it was posted.

>It's obvious that you don't give a shit and are just a contrarian who will argue about anything.

It's obvious you feel the need to point out the mote in another's eye while ignoring the plank in your own. Fact of the matter is, somebody showing something on the Conan O'Brien show doesn't make it Bethesda's intent to show that particular thing. Anybody can break an NDA at any time, which is why they can call a DMCA on it. Breaches of contract, intentional or not, are not considered subject to Fair Use policy. If they were then they couldn't pull the DMCA in the first place.

But no, you're more interested in insulting me and arguing about things nobody gives a shit about. Not surprising given where we're at, but it wouldn't kill you to tone it down a little and actually try to focus on the topic.
>>
>>334585528
A skilled player can emerge victorious from a disadvantageous position, and it means that you have to think which weapons you want to bring along, depending on the map and your proficiency with them.
>>
>>334585547

The demon rune is a stupid example because it should be disabled by default, like how a lot of quake tournaments would disable quad damage. Fun for a casual server but no place in competitive.
>>
>>334585616
>So what you're saying is that it's not enough like Doom, so it should be more like Deus Ex?
ebin
>>
itt: old nostalgic fags being butthurt and codfags trying to shill their latest rendition
>>
>>334585680
Wait, so it's okay to have weapons as pickups and to control them, but somehow power-ups are not okay for the same purpose when weapons are no longer pick-ups? Mind explaining the reasoning behind that one?
>>
>>334585808
There's a reason why red 5's aren't used in Japanese Mahjong tournaments.
>>
>>334585639
>implying that isn't also the case for the doom/quake style
Like I said, it just brings chance into the equation at the cost of skill.
>>
>>334585616
>No, I'm admitting that they existed in an entirely different from from the contemporary version. Battletech exoskeletons were 12 foot tall mini-mechs piloted by retards with roid rage, and Marvel comics exoskeletons were the tech-equivalent of superman powers. See: Ironman.

Space Marines retard. Also If Doom didn't rip-off these powered-armors there is no reason to start ripping them off now. Except if you want your game to be HALO.

>Thanks for your opinion.

Thanks for yours.

>So what you're saying is that it's not enough like Doom, so it should be more like Deus Ex?

I'm saying that if D44M needs some modern inspiration it's to be found elsewere than lineal shooters that play nothing like Doom.

>Pretty sure the core gameplay mechanic is shooting things in the fact, but believe what you want.

>There can only be one core gameplay mechanics.

>Considering the guy who mentioned it in the first place posted a screen capture of it and specified where it came from, I'm discussing it because it was posted.

So you are pretty much admitting you care about what's being posted on 4chan and not about the game.

>But no, you're more interested in insulting me and arguing about things nobody gives a shit about.

Yeah, if you don't give a shit about the game that's your problem.
>>
>>334585039
source?
>>
File: 1460574975596.png (230 KB, 361x362) Image search: [Google]
1460574975596.png
230 KB, 361x362
>>334581723
>to a game that doesn't need them
Countless wads before and after bdoom tell you otherwise. The game didn't need a wad that made it into the RPG. Yet there's a DoomRPG. The game didn't need extremely overpowered weapons that can eliminate most of the map with a single projectile. Yet there's Russian Overkill. The game didn't need a conversion that makes you into a master chief. Yet there's MSX. Nobody cares what the game doesn't need, people got bored playing vanilla for decades.
>>
File: 1459590049637.jpg (146 KB, 380x540) Image search: [Google]
1459590049637.jpg
146 KB, 380x540
>>334584565
Combine the lightning gun with that gun that charges up when you run.
>hit 70% of their hp in one hit
>switch to lightning gun
>either melee or kill them in 1 sec

The fundamental problem with the loadout system is that some guns are and will be superior because that is the way of things in every fps with loadouts.

The melee damage is too much for something that is so easy to use.
If you play with a close combat build you could argue that you are having 3 weapons.
>super shotty
>sniper rifle
>melee

This loadout will be useful in every situation. The sniper will take care of long range and the players with demon runes.
The melee will be useful in close combat and combine that with melee that takes half the hp.
And combine that with frag grenade that you can spam too.
>>
>>334585961
>Space Marines retard.

So fifteen foot tall super soldiers who are genetically engineered just to wear a suit of power armor in a game that had absolutely no presence in popular culture until more than ten years after Doom originally released is somehow supposed to mean something within the context of this discussion?

>So you are pretty much admitting you care about what's being posted on 4chan and not about the game.
>Yeah, if you don't give a shit about the game that's your problem.

At this point you're just making shit up and straw manning so hard you can't even stay coherent. Bravo.
>>
>>334585616
>Battletech exoskeletons were 12 foot tall mini-mechs piloted by retards with roid rage,
No, only Elementals fit this description. Many different kinds of regular power armor were in use by Inner Sphere militaries before the Clans showed up.
Also 40k existed.
>>
>>334582015
Where are they?
>>
>>334585039
sauce?
>>
>>334586109
>he thinks warhammer had no presence in popular culture before the '2000s
>>
>>334585947
In Quake, the situation snowballs, as the player with the advantage has the best chances of increasing that advantage.

The loadout system ensures that a single player cannot become permanently stronger than others (pick-ups can make them temporarily stronger) by having more options open to them.
>>
>>334586180
>he thinks ignoring half of a statement and latching onto the other half makes a compelling argument
>>
>>334586109

You come across as a typical teenager who thinks he knows how it be, but he really don't.
>>
>>334585039
Isn't that anime pillow and flesh light
>>
>>334586251
The core of your argument is stupid, so you simply get the return it deserves.
>>
>>334586260

Whereas you come across as a braindead retard incapable of understanding how super soldiers in super armor are not the equivalent of contemporary exoskeletons in fiction.
>>
>>334585039
are those balls or is this gay?
>>
>>334586373

lmao do you unironically own a fedora and trench coat?
>>
>>334584617
PLAYER CHARACTER CONFIRMED TERMINATOR
The PC must awaken Doomguy to finish the game
>>
>>334586432

Do you unironically enjoy segueing into off-topic replies?
>>
>>334586432
What does any of that have to do with retarded atheists that think claiming you are an atheist makes you automatically smarter?
>>
>>334586652

yea im not even the guy you were turbonerd arguing about space suits with, you just seem to think that by using bigger words it somehow adds credence to your arguments like a teenager who gets good marks in english class would
>>
Don't know but it's pretty fun, it's no quake 3 but then again doom never was either
>>
>>334586773
Nigger you made a joke about atheists there thinking its about nerds. How fucking new are you?
>>
>>334586865
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiWalS3KQl0
>>
>>334586773
>arguing about space suits

Oh right, good point, the game takes place on Mars and the protagonist would need a large degree of protection from hazardous environments as well as strength well above that of a normal human being in order to deal with situations as they arise in such an environment. It's almost like there's a good reason for the protagonist to wear an exoskeleton.

>bigger words

Aww, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I hurt your feelings by making you strain your brain. I guess I need to keep things on a fourth grade level so I don't trigger delicate little flowers like you.
>>
>>334586915
>modern source ports
(you)
>>
>>334586912

it's a pretty new thing to associate trenchcoats and fedoras solely with elitist atheists, now I'm thinking you're not just a teenager, but an american teenager

absolutelydisgusting.png
>>
>>334587052
It's still a modified idtech 1
>>
>>334587001

rofl im university graduated nigger, but as you get older you realise that you don't need to try and show off your brains if your arguments actually hold weight on their own
>>
>>334587065
>new thing
Nigger that was what birthed the meme
Also im not even the guy you where responding to you fucking disgusting poser trying so hard to fit in you lie about the actual birth of the meme.
>>
remember Duke Nukem Forever?
D44M reminds me of it and people try to think its' gonna be fun only because "wow so bloody and mature"
>>
>>334587175

>solely

trenchcoats and fedoras were considered "nerd" things well before they were considered "atheist" things, how young are you?
>>
File: ginyu force.jpg (257 KB, 1583x731) Image search: [Google]
ginyu force.jpg
257 KB, 1583x731
>>334587145

As you get older you realize you don't have to throw a shitfit because somebody used words you don't like too, but clearly you haven't reached that point in your life yet.

But please, feel free to derail the thread even more with your ignorant indignation. It's really a testament to your personal level of maturity.
>>
>>334587315

lmao
>>
>>334587284
How fucking braindead are you? Seriously how long have you been here? A fucking day?

Seriously its always been about pseudo intellectual atheists since those are the fags that would do that shit all the fucking time.
>>
>>334576546
>brutal doom
that's NOT a good thing.
>>
>>334587487

ive been here on and off for 10 years, I'm sorry that your meme knowledge is being challenged and you feel threatened or some shit
>>
>>334587567
>been here for 10 years
>says lmao
Jesus you are fucking braindead. You would have had the shit torn out of you for any of your stupid shit in the past. You couldnt even fucking post in an improper format without faggots trying to tear you a new asshole and if all that ass tearing back then didn't get to you enough to not post like you are a teenage girl then you MUST be braindead.
>>
>>334587793

rofl, m8 life isn't as serious as you think it is. when you get to your 20s you might understand. it feels nice that I've made you this upset though.
>>
>>334587548

>that's NOT a good thing.

Could you be more specific as to why you feel that way?

>>334587793

Just report him for violating Global Rule #3 and move on, Anon.
>>
>linear levels and "kill all enemies" arenas
>burtal duum gameplay and EPIC GORE YOU GUYS
>enemies are loot pinatas instead of having pickups and actual map design
>no combat that requires tactics against wildly different enemy types at the same time
>WoW raidboss cyberdemon
>OLLO SRRS floaty console fps multiplayer with loadouts
They tried to make a Doom game with the elements that originally made Doom famous (gore and shooting), without understanding why Doom was actually good and had lasting popularity.
>>
>>334587905
No one here is fucking upset man, you just look like a retarded underage girl. This isn't about seriousness this is you acting in a way that would make anyone think you are a legit faggot wannabe. I honestly pity you. Seriously man you aren't doing anything good here for yourself. This is me asking you to kindly not wear your period soaked dress in public, not me talking down to you, you just legit look like a fucking moron.
>>
>>334588097

hahahah ok, sounds like something someone who isn't upset would bother to write up
>>
>>334580425
thanks doc
>>
>>334588179
Pretty much to be utterly fucking honest. Just because someone says something negative about you doesn't mean they are angry or upset, things like that you learn in early schooling or whenever you are introduced to the idea of constructive criticism(in other words whenever they start grading you).
>>
>>334581749
sci fi exoskeletons were a thing in the fucking 40s you mongoloid
>>
>>334588364

Name a game or a movie made in the early 90s with an exoskeleton in it.
>>
>>334576546
like what you want but theres no getting around its bland and just game x + game y = doom multiplayer
>>
>>334588443
Turrican
>>
>>334588443
Are you fucking kidding me? What do you think Iron Man wears?
>>
beta has shit matchmaking
>>
>>334589054
Cookwear from the looks of the early issues
>>
File: Abuse.jpg (73 KB, 806x1166) Image search: [Google]
Abuse.jpg
73 KB, 806x1166
>>334588443
>>
>>334589181
Nobody cares about your smartassery
>>
>>334589013

You should have said Super Metroid.

>>334589054

A metal version of Superman's powers.
>>
>>334588443
Super Metroid
>>
>>334589412
Do you write things because you think people care about them? Are you that submissive?
>>
>>334588443
Teknoman.
>>
>>334589464
Only if you're the faggot who thinks there was no exoskeletons before Doom. If you're not that faggot, then I have nothing to say to you.
>>
>>334586138
playing games
>>
>>334589379
>Crack dot com
hurr
>>
>>334589586
I'm not that faggot. Just so you know, friend.
>>
>>334588443
aliens in 86
metroid in 86
robocop in 87
predator in 87
predator 2 in 90
robocop in 90
dune 2 in 92
robocop 3 in 93
super metroid in 94
various megamans
>>
>>334589420
>A metal version of Superman's powers.
Which are manifested in a concept of power armor: a technological exoskeleton with a power source a user has to wear in order to grant himself the additional powers.
>>
>>334589652
I don't have friends named Anony Mous

>>334589664
Robocop is cyborg
>>
>>334589476
And speaking of Japanese stuff:
Sonic Soldier Borgman
Bubblegum Crisis
Armored Police Metal Jack
and tons more
>>
>>334589643
What exactly is the problem?
>>
>>334589740
Yes you do. You just need to wake up, we are all here waiting for you.
>>
>people defending Doom-halo 4; return the titanfall to duty

TODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>334589896
Titanfall and Call of Duty are actually fast
>>
>>334582280
how did they fuck that up?
>>
File: Todd.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Todd.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>334589896
>Blaming the executive creative director of Bethesda Game Studios for a game made by id Software and published by Bethesda Softworks
>>
>>334589896
To be honest it is enjoyable and I would pay for the multiplayer if I gave enough of a shit. It just isn't a good thing in the history of doom, as a self contained title its decent in terms of multiplayer.

I'd honestly rather them just not use the name doom.
>>
>>334584436

>It feels and plays like Halo: Call of Doom edition.

No, rather Halo plays and feels like a modern day Doom. I think it's well paced. I have no opinion of the loadouts since I don't feel the need to compare titles to each other but base each on their own merits.
>>
File: face_of_god.jpg (5 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
face_of_god.jpg
5 KB, 223x226
>>334590021

his power knows no bounds
>>
>>334590021
How fucked is the id team now?
>>
>>334590051
That sounds like a case of brand loyalty, which isn't a good thing. If something is good, the name and its associated expectations shouldn't matter for the enjoyment of that something.
>>
>>334590114

See that demon? You can climb it and execute a sickgrimdark kill by ripping its eye out.

*crowd goes wild*
>>
>>334590173
>That sounds like a case of brand loyalty, which isn't a good thing.

Hello, welcome to /v/, where everyone is a contrarian. May I take your coat?
>>
>>334576546
Nostalgiafaggots, nothing more.

I'll be getting it. The beta was mad fun.
>>
>>334590234
I wish they just made a game like the Doom comic.
>>
>>334590119
Doesn't matter as long as console sales are good
>>
>>334589896
Todd's probably disappointed too and desperately wants the game to turn out great
>>
>>334590323
Just remove that demon, all they have to do
>>
>>334590173
Not really, its just people now due to the shear mass of people alive and talking openly will look at things like ips as constructed ideas or principles of gameplay, this triggers peoples autism.
I personally havent played the older dooms and I don't really hate this doom, i just dislike the usage of the name because because it is exactly a play on brand loyalty, more people will buy this because its called doom and the game itself will be lost in the overarching fan narrative of the historical impression of the doom series.
>>
>>334590396
I actually didn't mind it, but I highly doubt they'll have it present in most modes. The beta only showcased two, one of which didn't have demon transformations.
>>
File: revenant family picnic.jpg (273 KB, 1280x1160) Image search: [Google]
revenant family picnic.jpg
273 KB, 1280x1160
SSG's choke should be a toggle and not zoom in
RL needs a little bit more damage on a direct hit and additional knock back
Sniper rifle should have the charge lengthened or the damage reduced
Grenades,the regular ones need to have lower damage as right now they do more damage than the RL
Siphon Grenades need to calm the fuck down when giving you health, because it'll give you a seizure; also slightly more damage
Static rifle, good fun for everyone
also haste should be the default move speed
>>
Wolfenstein: The New Order was so fucking good, why didn't they just give Doom to MachineGames?
>>
>>334590396
The demon rune will most likely be a cvar that can be enabled or disabled for any given server.

Strafejumping has been confirmed as a cvar as well
>>
File: 1452339197671.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1452339197671.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>It's a daily Bethesda shills try to convince people that this game is not a complete and utter shit.
>>
>>334590720
will people be able to create their servers?
>>
>>334590770
The betas up for anyone to try. I found it enjoyable but I don't know how fleshed out the content is, so I'll likely wait till after release to make a decision on buying it. It honestly is decent fun, if you know what you are doing(through actual logical thought and not game conditioning due to amount of time invested) the games fucking fun.
>>
The game needs faster movespeed and weapons on the map and it'll be 200% better.
>>
>>334590973
I agree, people just don't know how good this actually is. This game is fucking fun
>>
>>334591114
Don't even try to delegitimize my opinion by offering an extreme. It's fun but its not anything id tell anyone to have on their fucking radar. The combat isn't deep and you can get bored after a while(like with anything). It's not gods gift its just "light shooter 23"
>>
>>334588443

Exosquad.
Mechwarrior.

Shit, Iron Man literally came out in the early 1960s.
>>
>>334591309
No anon, it's the best shooter ever made.
Don't forget to pre-order the DLC!
>>
>>334591527
Fuck off shill. Suck my dick you fucking shill REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334591527
I do hate the attempt at hype around the game and the awful wubstep they put into the main menu. They are trying so fucking hard to be cool and at the end of the day all i like about this is the gameplay, everything else looks like shit.
>>
>>334576546
The game was doomed no matter what. If they made it like the pc original, they would not make enough sales as only pc gamers would buy it who are a small group and that arena shooters are dead. People would also complain that it's too similar to the original and just play the classics.

The route they have taken will turn people away as it's not similar enough to the classics. The negative reaction proves this.
>>
>>334580602
>And this shit (>>334579837) is pure Destiny. It's literally hard to keep up what game you're watching nowadays.
thats halo online
>>
>>334590467

What? Didn't both mods feature Demon transformation? It did when I played them.

I wonder what other Transformations are available. Revenants are cool but what others fit? Hell knight? Imp? Mancubus? Good lord...
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.