[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it make das2 salvageable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Did it make das2 salvageable?
>>
Nope. Infact in some ways it made it worse.

>need a fragrant branch of yore on certain paths for absolutely no reason now. Making it so you have to backtrack/find one.

>simply copy/pasted enemies without giving it any thought(the original das2 was like this.) but it's even worse because now you have more of them. Only thing I liked so far was adding the dragon near the farfire.

It seems to have some pros such as all the DLC which I heard isn't half bad. It also runs on DX11 or something. I don't know anything about that as I don't play on PC but it lets it perform better or something.
>>
Finally got Das2 last week. It really isn't as bad as /v/ makes it out to be.
>>
>>334547775
it is.
>>
Pretty mediocre overall but the second DLC (iron king) is great. Easily one of the best areas in the whole souls series.
>>
>>334546289
What exactly made 2 so much worse compared to 1 and 3? I've only played 1 and 3 because everyone tells me to avoid 2.
>>
>>334546289
No DaS2 sucks DLC or no
>>
>>334548678
The level design is sloppily designed. placements of some enemies don't make sense/awful.
>>
>>334548501

It's not.

It plays much better, has more variety, looks better, and has way better pvp.
>>
It wasn't a very good sequel to Dark Souls.

It's still a good game.
>>
>>334548678
Realistic sword fighting doesn't always equal fun. Dark souls had unique fun weapons and DS2 was lacking in that department. There is more to be said about level design, certain bosses, but not all and soul memory but I'm not gonna type more.
>>
>>334548678
Autists bitching about how the levels don't tie together right, From fucking over pvp covenants and the Adaptability stat which is plain retarded because you can dodge at level 1.
>>
>>334547775
This desu
It's an above average action game, it's quite fun. Not as good as any other game in the series, but meh
>>
>>334548756
The level design, individually, is fine.
What isn't fine is how they were all mashed together and the most noticeable one is the iron keep/earthen peek but thats about it.

Each individual level is pretty neat and good such as fotfg, bastille, no mans wharf etc though lack the thing to connect all of them together like in DaS.

DaS3 did the same shit like DaS2 in term of design philosophy, albeit much more linear.
But since DaS3 have Miyazaki name all over it, its suddenly great and amazing.
>>
I've played DS1, BB and DS3. I've been told to avoid DS2, which I will do, but is DaS worth a shot?

How does it hold up against the others in the series? I feel like it's the least talked about.
>>
>>334549074
DeS*

I'm autistic
>>
>>334548779
Better than what? DaS? If so, how does it play better? You have to deal with ganksquads, dodging is fucked up, and the level design is, while pretty good, not on par with DaS. I do agree with your other points though.
>>
>>334548678
>avoiding a game in a series you like because /v/ told you to
Don't be a cuck, make your own decisions. I decided to play 2 anyways and I had fun
>>
>>334549158
It's the best one I've played, have yet to touch bloodborne,
>>
>>334549334
I couldn't enjoy BB as much as the rest of the series, the npc invader gankfests were completely fucked. 3 npc invaders at once with 1 that can 1 shot you with a cannon. Not to mention the "multiple endings" crap.
>>
Dark Souls II gets much more shit than it deserves. It's a bit uninspired and doesn't offer much in the way of interesting story or lore, but gameplay-wise and mechanically there's nothing really wrong with it, aside from the absolutely retarded Soul Memory concept. The level design was a bit weak too. It wasn't what everyone was hoping for after the masterpieces that DeS and DaS were, but by virtue of it being a Souls game it's still a fantastic game regardless, miles above its - frankly nonexistent - "competition".
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.