[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2: The time of Dark Souls 1 is so long past that numerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: dark-souls-3-anor-londo.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3-anor-londo.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
Dark Souls 2: The time of Dark Souls 1 is so long past that numerous kingdoms have risen and fallen on the spot of Lordran. Nobody has any knowledge of the old lords except Shalquoir and Tark. The 3 lords and the surrounding lands constantly die and are rebound in the endless cycle of souls and tide of fire/dark.

Dark Souls 3: lol, just kidding! Here are Andre, Patches, the Demon Firesage, the Stray Demon, Anor Londo, characters who claim to come from Astora Vinheim and Carim, and a recent account of Gwyndolin's murder. Also, the Demon Firesage and Stray Demon are still alive, so the Chosen Undead either isn't canon or utilized sequence breaking. Lucatiel and Alva are referenced, so 3 isn't between 1 and 2.
>>
>>334512695
Pretty sure Straid of Olafis also has knowledge of past kingdoms as he mentions that he was imprisoned for so long that he didn't even know that the new capital was now called Drangleic.

And yeah DS3 does seem to have an unsettling amount of fan service, though it's understandable since it's supposed to be the last Dark Souls game ever. That said, I'm still piecing the story together slowly. It's kind of interesting but not nearly as interesting as all the shit that was going on in DS2, nor DS1 for that matter. It also doesn't seem to make much sense in how it relates to the other games either. Time till tell though.
>>
Patches is a joke character though?
>>
>>334513307
Noooo, he even visited Boletaria, an ancient land of sony copyright.
>>
>>334512695
>the game puts you up against 3 demons
>yet somehow we are to suppose that there can only be those we killed in the first game yes?

Anon what the fuck. Also are you implying DaS2 lore is better? Because for the same point you are making we could ask ourselves why the fuck are all the covenants still remembered and preserved if no one knows shit about that age (you don't see people praising sumerian gods nowadays do you)
>>
What part of non-linear universes do you not understand?
>>
>>334513307
He's in Bloodborne too which was kind of annoying. As was that ugly as fuck moonlight sword.
>>
>>334513497

Moonlight sword is literally Froms signature. It's in every single game they make.
>>
It's safe to say that Dark Souls 2 has been retconned at this point right? Or at least massively changed. I know DaS 3 mentions Aldia and Faraam and all that, but the majority of the lore for DaS 2 just doesn't fit in anywhere.
>>
>>334512695
Demon Firesage and Stray Demon were just demons, and there's many more where they came from. They're not unique entities like Nito or Gwyn.
>>
>>334513450
>DS1: go collect the lord souls so you can link the fire or not

>DS2: find out what happened to the lord(s) so you can avoid fate

>DS3: collect the lords so you can link the fire and/or avoid fate

this is force awakens all over again
>>
>>334512695
Im really hoping DLCs put the game world into a context that makes sense, as it stands DS3 reeks like fan service, i found it really hard to immerse myself into the lore and characters compared to previous games.
>>
>>334513952

More like none of the lore makes any sense and was never suppose to. It's all just random shit added because they can.

There are things in 3 that directly go against events that happened in 1. It doesn't make sense because it's not suppose to.
>>
>>334513450
Dark Souls 2 fucked up Dark Souls 1's narrative by implying that hollowing makes you closer to the Dark Soul instead of the opposite, but Dark Souls 3 takes it a step further in stupidity by making Lord of Cinder a powerup when the point of DS1's final boss was that he was a pitiful shell of his former self who sacrificed himself to preserve the old order.
>>
>>334514303
>DS1's final boss was that he was a pitiful shell of his former self who sacrificed himself to preserve the old order.
>Ludleth of Courland isn't sitting in his throne old and frail talking about being a shell of his former self
>>
>caring about Souls lore
literal autism
>>
>>334514570
maybe ludleth is just more accepting of fate than the rest of the squad
>>
>anon still doesn't understand what the curse is

Anon you dense motherfucker. The "curse" has always been Buddha's truths. The two realities of life are suffering and craving. Suffering is caused by craving. Once you stop craving, you exit the cycle and become free. It's also a very clever meta lore, because as long as gamers crave more Dark Souls, they will suffer through the adversity of the purposefuly difficult games. Give up, and you are free. Kinda reminds me of CHIM.
>>
>>334514570
>heed my words unkindled
>you are the accursed one

What did he mean?
>>
>>334514768
but wasnt putting down the game after dying so many times also part of being dead/hollowed?
>>
>>334514215
>There are things in 3 that directly go against events that happened in 1
Like?
>>
>>334514579
I agree, brother. It's cool that I can found another superior Skyrim lover. It's so convenient for Bethesda to toss the lore out the window again and again because they can't remember what they previous wrote. Easier for us to not take the entire series seriously and focus on that refined, epic gameplay and exploration.
>>
Andre isn't real bro, neither is the handmaid.

all the demons can be explained by izalith being full of them, patches has always been an joke character.

Only siegward is truly meme pandering.
>>
>Dark Souls '''''''''lore''''''''' discussions
Jesus... You people realize they just make this shit up as they go, right?

These games have never been about the story, and that's why there isn't one.
>>
File: D-Frag! v04 c24 - 02.png (204 KB, 495x482) Image search: [Google]
D-Frag! v04 c24 - 02.png
204 KB, 495x482
>>334515229
>You people realize they just make this shit up as they go, right?
Damn, I thought that this game series was a historical depiction of actual events. You're telling me its fiction?
>>
TIME IS CONVOLUTED

SAY IT WITH ME

TIME IS CONVOLUTED!
>>
>>334515456
I'm telling you the people in this thread have already put infinitely more thought into the story than anyone involved in its creations.

I think you're willfully missing my point, Anon.
>>
>>334514918

You clearly kill Ornstein in 1, it is not an optional fight. In 3 it's clearly stated he left Anor Londo to fight Nameless King and it was actually the Nameless King who killed him. This is the real Ornstein and not some clone of him either, it's specifically stated it's him in the armor description.

3 is full of small things like this.
>>
>>334512695

>katana with a shield

literally kill yourself
>>
>>334515229
>pvpfag's mind trying to process discussion about story and lore
>I-I-ITS NOT LIKE I DONT GET IT THE GAMES MADE FOR THE FIGHTING ANYWAYS HAA GITTGUT
>>
>>334515023
>being this randomly buttravaged.
show me on the doll where todd touched you
>>
>>334515229
>These games have never been about the story, and that's why there isn't one.
Just because it's not spelled out doesn't mean there isn't one. It's obviously designed to be vague and open to interpretation though and people like to discuss this kind of shit.
>>
>>334515575
Also in 1 it was explicitly stated that the First Born left the Gods after the war with the Dragons, where he founded the Sunbros and is closely involved in leading them.

In 3 he left during the war to fuck dragons and murders Sunbros or something.
>>
>>334515575
you kill aldrich with the cutie and you kill aldrich yourself. think on that
>>
File: solaire-of-astora-large.jpg (91 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
solaire-of-astora-large.jpg
91 KB, 600x338
>>334512695
>In Lordran, the flow of time is distorted. The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out.
>>
>>334515612
>games story is almost nonexistant
>what is there is contradictory and non-sequitur to what we already know
>"I-ITS JUST TOO DEEP FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND! FROM ACTUALLY HAS THE BEST WRITING TEAM IN THE INDUSTRY!"
I can do strawman meme replies too, Anon.
>>
>katana fag
Discarded
>>
>souls has become like CoD and Ass Creed
>still trying to justify "deep lore"
>>
>>334514768
The real curse isn't actually becoming undead or going hollow. All life is naturally undead, and all life was hollow before the discovery of the lord souls. Hollowing is just your soul burning out. Humans hollow more easily than the gods, because the Dark Soul is naturally weaker than the 3 Lord Souls and has been divided up more through reproduction. The real curse is mortality that's been forced on humanity by the Lord Souls.
>>
>>334515950
this
>>
>>334516245
Before 3 I would have called you a faggot.

But after all the reused assets in literally every aspect of this lazy fucking game there's no defending it. Even yearly AssCreeds have more original content and work than this fucking mess.
>>
>>334516783
well they said this was gonna be the last dark souls so at least it wont be beaten as bad as asscreed
>>
>>334512695
>Also, the Demon Firesage and Stray Demon are still alive, so the Chosen Undead either isn't canon or utilized sequence breaking.

This is some dumb shit. There are hundreds of demons just like the Stray and Firesage ones. Heck, you see tons of dead ones in Scorched Lake in the game.

Andre doesn't actually exist, Patches is just a joke.
>>
File: Patch the Good Luck.jpg (94 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Patch the Good Luck.jpg
94 KB, 1366x768
>>334513307
He's just a dimension hoping jerk.
>>
>>334512695
I'm pretty sure the big theme in 3 is that everything is burnt ash taking form of the past, which is why everybody is back and things are out of place. Even the opening cutscene where your character rises from the dead, he literally forms from ash. Arguably CU could technically still be "alive" as in he's the last true ember and you're the one who wants to snuff that out.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.