[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game requires player to unlock all endings to see the true ending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: shadow-the-hedgehog.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shadow-the-hedgehog.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>Game requires player to unlock all endings to see the true ending
>>
>>334449503
The CG art was really fucking good for this game.
>>
>>334449503
>watch ending
>Shadow talks nonsense and then karate-chops Eggman to death
>watch another ending
>except Omega is there too
>get yet another ending
>in space!
You know, I was actually disappointed to find out that not every ending was going to be Shadow Karate-chopping Eggman to death in various locations and with various companions. The other endings were really boring compared to this. I never got the true ending.
>>
>>334449503
It's only really bullshit when it does it like Shadow the Hedgehog. I mean, you can't even jump to a level you already beat; you MUST play the game 10 full times, likely going through a similar route for 5 of them, in order to truly complete the game.

There's hardly any variation, and the game's not even good. Playing through it 10 times only exacerbates the issue.
>>
File: 1446439218712.png (14 KB, 684x584) Image search: [Google]
1446439218712.png
14 KB, 684x584
>Game has 300+ possible routes
http://info.sonicretro.org/List_of_Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Library_sequences
>>
>>334450924
wait..what? Was this secretly a good game or something?
>>
>>334451316
Oh it is definitely not a good game. It just has a shitton of level pathways because it has 5 ending levels, each with 2 endings.
>>
>>334451316
No
>>
>>334451316
What? No! Why would you think that? It has 300+ terrible routes.
>>
>>334451474
>>334451485
thank christ. I was so scared for a second.
>>
>>334449503
>the canon ending is the one where the protagonist dies and fails
>>
>>334451316
Had a lot of good ideas. Just shit execution.
>>
File: image.jpg (353 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353 KB, 1024x1365
I'll bet you didn't even beat it on the top secret hardest difficulty, also called KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE
>>
File: 070rouge.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
070rouge.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
>Shadow keeps saying that no one tells him what to do
>it's literally impossible to beat the game without doing what you're told
>>
Tried playing this last week. Hollllly shit. I thought it would just be SA2 Shadow levels: the game plus guns.

Shadow goes so fast he's nigh uncontrollable. Which is odd anyway because the game is about looking around the map to complete objectives. The camera is a mess and the hoaming attack becomes your enemy when trying to take down specific enemies and not allies.

Honestly if Sonic 06 never happened this probably would've been the infamous bad sonic game.
>>
>>334452769
Why is she glaring at Rouge?
>>
>Game has routes with a True Ending and either a Good Ending or a Normal Ending you unlock after beating the True Ending.
>All are canon.
>>
File: 1455356781966.jpg (114 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1455356781966.jpg
114 KB, 500x750
>>334452495
You just described almost every 3D Sonic game.

>tfw I can't help but see how good a 3D Sonic game could be as opposed to just simply shitting on them and moving on
>I'll never live to see them reach their full potential
>>
>>334453037
She's jealous of those sexy bat tits.
>>
>>334453037
In Sonic X she was forced to work for the President's secret agent team and is mocking Topaz (the agent woman glaring at Rouge) by doing an over exaggerated salute.
>>
>>334453343
There's also the fact that her loyalty towards her new employers could only be described as "absolutely sarcastic" and yet Topaz seemed to be the only one who had any objections about it.
>>
File: 1360898594904.png (346 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
1360898594904.png
346 KB, 439x500
>sonic unleashed will never get a sequel where you can swap out sonic with shadow and the werehog with knuckles
>no more racing around the world desperately trying to get the emeralds and fixing continents before eggman gets to them
>no more super sonic battle in the core of the earth again
>has branching paths like shadow
>>
>>334453758
Good. Sonic wasn't the problem there. Shadow would just make it worse and Knuckles doesn't really fix the issue about the nighttime stages being a completely unnecessary bad GoW clone.
>>
>>334454117
Nigger I dont think you understand. Sonic Unleashed is my favorite game of all time and I replay large chunks of the game, day, night, and boss stages every week. And have been doing this since 2008. The entire game is GOAT
>>
>>334454279
I only liked the Eggmanland levels.
>>
>>334454436
Every act in eggmanland is on my weekly replayed list too. Tornado defense-eggmanland-egg dragoon-dark gaia. I wish a sonic game could end on a note as strong as that. What a fucking amazing ending sequence.
>>
File: 1449820438667.png (112 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
1449820438667.png
112 KB, 199x254
>>334454279
>GOAT
>>
>>334454279
No, you don't understand. I don't play Sonic to play God of War. I can play God of War. That game already exists and is better than the daytime stages in Unleashed. I play Sonic to play Sonic. It doesn't need another game inserted into its anus for no reason. It can stand on its own.
>>
>>334454889
It kind of does, otherwise you have 3 hours of mediocrity and 2D levels for babies with a shit story, as seen in Colors and Generations. The series died after Unleashed, was resuscitated with Generations for a short time, and buried with Lost World. The Werehog was one of the best additions to Sonic ever and was well made, had fun levels, and added a whole new duality of gameplay that complimented the games theme and character designs. What do you realistically think would've changed if the Werehog was gone, just to see if this is bait or not
>>
File: 1420876072068.png (60 KB, 174x286) Image search: [Google]
1420876072068.png
60 KB, 174x286
>>334455224
>The Werehog was one of the best additions to Sonic ever and was well made, had fun levels, and added a whole new duality of gameplay that complimented the games theme and character designs.
>just to see if this is bait or not
>>
>>334455224
>The Werehog was one of the best additions to Sonic ever
ditch the werehog and just have you play those stages as Knuckles. Bam, game just became better.
>>
>>334455224
>The Werehog was one of the best additions to Sonic ever and was well made
I actually like shitty beat-em-ups and didn't mind the werehog that much. But holy shit, no, it was not a good addition. Bad controls, awful battle music, and wonky platforming was not very enjoyable.
>>
File: 1458830894257.png (150 KB, 469x350) Image search: [Google]
1458830894257.png
150 KB, 469x350
>>334449503

Why did Sega try making a bunch of anthropomorphic animals coexist with humanity in the first place? Surely they must have knew that was a dumb idea, even for them.
>>
>>334456034
How about ditch the part of the game that doesn't play like a Sonic game? Why would anyone want that in there? Especially when it's so long that it, along with the also completely unnecessary hub world objectives only serve to spread the actual Sonic running fast stages even thinner. You don't see Mario games making you play through shitty knockoffs of other games in-between Mario stages. You don't see football games making you play tennis in-between each play. It makes no sense.
>>
>>334456034
It works, some small adjustments would have to be made for sections where the stretchy arms are needed. Knuckles as a bonus skin is very doable but integrated into the main story would be much harder and the story would have to be almost redone completely. They missed out by not having shadow and knuckles skins available to download.

>>334456145
>bad controls
lmao

>battle music
plug a usb in with the appropriate stage music

>wonky platforming
Oh yeah, the last time the series bothered with full 3D platforming with a useful gimmick. In an industry where 3D platformers are all but dead in 2008, let alone 2016. The werehog is a huge reason on why the game is predominantly 3D in the first place. The werehog was a great addition and padded the game out nicely with a fun gameplay style that will never be used again because of shitters. And now we're just going to get endless shitty 2D games that rehash classic nostalgia for autists who are incapable of adapting to new things. The Sonic franchise is at an all time low in interest thanks to these guys and will be dead by 2025. Great job.
>>
>>334456538
Or, you know, play God of War instead of Sonic if that's the gameplay you want?
>>
>>334456708
How about a game with both since the character, setlist, and designs are already created and all that's needed is to make new levels and more combos? What do you think, within reason, would have been accomplished by having no werehog? You'd have a 3 hour game with a very light story. At most one more continent would have been made. The werehog isn't lazily thrown in, its fully developed, gives the game good length, makes it dominantly 3D, reuses assets smartly by making new full action stages with them, and shows the lighting capabilities of their brand new deluxe engine thats big on lighting and global illumination.

Mark my words, a PC port would rough out the edges of the game for both Sonics by fixing the frame rate, and furthermore upping the graphical quality on what is already one of the best looking games of 7th gen. Other fan made adjustments, such as making skins for Sonic/Werehog and removing the battle music or making it loop better would ultimately reveal a content heavy, last mainly 3D Sonic, replayable 3D platformer.
>>
>>334449734
Blur studios worked on the game
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.