[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>WoW is shit now! >WoW hasn't been good since BC!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 21
File: WoW.jpg (476 KB, 2827x1608) Image search: [Google]
WoW.jpg
476 KB, 2827x1608
>WoW is shit now!
>WoW hasn't been good since BC!
>Blizzard has ruined everything!

Let's be honest, /v/ is wrong as usual. Don't blame blizzard for you having the attention span of a toddler.
WoW has only gotten better with each expansion.
The dungeons have gotten more complex, the bosses are more complex.

Have you seen a vanilla/BC raid boss? They are a joke with only like 1 very easy to manage gimmick. Bosses now have like 4-8 different things going on that can easily wipe your party.

Where were you when Blizzard purged all of the casuals from /v/ & reddit by increasing raid difficulty significantly which caused them to cry and quit?
>>
Bosses are starting to get over complicated. Mythic difficulty sure have it all, but theres alot of shit going on in normal modes.
>>
>>334397409
What made WoW good in the first place wasn't the PvE (which has always been easy as fuck barring one or two exceptions each expansion)

It was the community and personal feuds between factions.

1.12 or whenever they introduced cross realm BGs was the beginning of the destruction of the community. No longer were you always fighting against Steve, that asshole that ganked you in STV when you were level 30, you were fighting against NamelessUDRogue from Stormscale.

Could even say that it started even earlier when they offered Xfers off of big servers to smaller ones

>dungeons more complex
BlackRockDepthscomparedtoanydungeoninMoP.jpg
>>
>>334397409
>The quality of WoW is based solely on boss complexity

I'm sure this is bait, but I wanted to tell you to go fuck yourself just in case. WoW didn't use to have only a fucking daisy chain of dungeon queues as its only content.
>>
>>334397409
>The dungeons have gotten more complex
dungeons have been trivial hallways since tbc
only some vanilla dungeons were ever really big and nonlinear

>the bosses are more complex
nah
shit like high king maulgar, solarian, al'ar, kael'thas, vashj, illidan, kalecgos, eredar twins and kil'jaeden were plenty complex already.

nowadays there's less of the simple bosses that used to exist between the complex ones, like void reaver, moroes or maiden of virtue - but then again, nowadays there's less bosses period.
>>
>>334397409

WoW was never good, it ruined Warcraft, it ruined Blizzard, and it ruined MMOs.
>>
>WoW has only gotten better with each expansion. The dungeons have gotten more complex, the bosses are more complex.

More isn't always better.

>dungeons more complex
>here's the boss, oh and then a hallway with 3 packs of trash, then another boss
>repeat until last boss is kill

>tuning boss mechanics that it takes top tier elite raiding guilds hundreds of attempts to kill a single boss is fun and good

Notice how guilds are quitting in droves and not coming back.
>>
>>334398340
I'm sorry you missed out on one of the greatest gaming experiences of the last decade, anon.

You'll never get another chance.
>>
File: space.jpg (394 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
394 KB, 1280x720
So guys get this, I've been left by this virtual girlfriend I had a week ago because I didn't grant her access to the guild bank.
Three days later I wasn't getting any more nude pics from her and I was horny so I basically let her in and gave her access.
Today I log in and the bank is EMPTY like not even fucking level 90s epics are there anymore and the girl gquit.
I was just an officer and I'm pretty sad about how things turned out which made me gquit aswell out of shame.
Planning of not logging this character or any of my guild alts ever again.
The thing is she deleted me from battlenet and skype too. She probably thinks I'm angry with her which I'm really not, just disappointed.
Already tried sending friend requests on skype and sent her a tell on my characters but she ignores all of them.
I deleted my 100 shaman which I didn't use anyway to make an alt and tell her Im not mad but she ignored me and doesn't answer to mails.
Would asking some random person in Orgrimmar to talk in my behalf (for some gold) be too much?
>>
>>334398665
Epic pasta.
>>
The dungeon and raid content is good but you kind of kill the MMO aspect by adding in things like LFR and LFG that promote never going out into the world. They are seemingly trying to undo this with Legion but it may be too little, too late.
>>
File: wowscrnshot_100410_011403.jpg (516 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
wowscrnshot_100410_011403.jpg
516 KB, 1680x1050
>>334397409
>Raiding
>enough substance for an MMO
>>
>>334398541

Yes, yes, I'm sure you had a wonderful childhood, it's irrelevant to the fact that WoW is a blight on gaming and ruined lots of good things.
>>
>>334397409
i'm not one of those classicfags (which are the absolute worst people in the fanbase) or a tbcfag or even a wrathfag
i've been playing since late tbc and all of the expansions were really fun to me
but warlords of draenor isn't good after a few months
there's nothing to do aside from raiding and pvp, neither of which i'm having fun with in this patch
garrisons are fucking dumb and so are shipyards, and the only reason i'm even still subscribed is because i check my garrison treasures on my 15 alts once every two weeks and collect my free wow token

WOD is unimaginative and stale
legion has a chance to redeem it, but if there's no endgame support other than "wait for our next yearly expansion" then it's a dead game
>>
WoW is nothing like it was before. You could just delete all of the world except for Draenor and it would feel exactly the same. Now it's all about dungeons and raids, the leveling feels more like a chore you're forced to do if you want to enjoy the game than anything.

I'm not saying Vanilla was butter but it was definitely much different and I can see why people shit on modern WoW.
>>
What are my chances of getting a group of people from /v/ or /vg/ to join me in playing from the beginning. With literally no high level characters to "help" us out.
I'm specifically talking about a completely fresh start.

Would it even be possible?
>>
>>334398665
lmao what a cuck I hope this is pasta
>>
>>334397409
How much are you getting payed OP?

40 cents per post?
>>
>>334398962
Nearly every franchise from muh golden age is either shit or dead, it's stupid to say it was WoW's fault. It was Blizzard's fault for ruining their own game.

Several other PC devs that *didn't* create WoW have gone to shit too. Do you really think Warcraft 6 or whatever we'd be on by now would be better, in the hands of modern Blizzard?
>>
File: Kil'Jaeden.jpg (164 KB, 587x642) Image search: [Google]
Kil'Jaeden.jpg
164 KB, 587x642
THE EXPENDABLE HAVE PERISHED
SO BE IT
NOW I WILL SUCCEED WHERE SARGERAS COULD NOT
I WILL BLEED THIS WRETCHED WORLD AND SECURE MY PLACE AS THE TRUE MASTER OF THE BURNING LEGION
THE END HAS COME, LET THE UNRAVELING OF THIS WORLD COMMENCE
>>
>>334398985
What sort of endgame are you looking for though? I personally have not played an MMO that has as much to do endgame as WoW, and I've been playing MMO's for like 12 years, give or take.
Perhaps MMO's in general have just gotten stale for you? I cannot think of anything they can actually add to end game other than new raids and more PvP.
>>
>>334397409
>dungeons have gotten more complex
the instances themselves are objectively less complex than stuff like BRD and Dire Maul
>the bosses are more complex
but more forgiving
>have you seen a vanilla/BC raid boss
yea, did you?
>1 mechanic
MC did not make up every raid from vanilla onward
>bosses have 4-8 things that can now easily wipe a group
lmao yea lets pretend Iskar isnt all the ball toss right?
>>
>>334399449
dungeons
reputations
crafting
farming

you know, stuff that vanilla had?
>>
>>334400201

stuff that WoW has had at every endgame point in it's life
>>
>>334398665
You sound like the cuck who keeps calling my wife. Literally had to call the cops on him and she cries every time he finds her new number.

Fuck off and kill yourself if you are the same person.
>>
>>334400458

my bull's girlfriend*
>>
>>334400265
>dungeons have been outclassed by LFRetards and other welfare gear
>reputations literally just reskinned hippos at this point
>crafting a complete fucking joke where rather than progressing towards an item you just wait 30 days to craft it
>no sought after drops or reagents to farm anymore
>>
File: 1458220036978.gif (2 MB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1458220036978.gif
2 MB, 581x542
>>334400508
>bull
I'm the one that dicked her and she left him.
Now the fucker keeps talking about killing himself if she doesn't talk to him, which she doesn't because he's literally diagnosed with autism and says the creepiest shit.
>>
File: 1458841857291.jpg (170 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
1458841857291.jpg
170 KB, 400x540
>>334397409
>WoW has only gotten better!!
>down 6 million subscribers
>6 million
>6.000.000
>>
>>334400608
Can you fuck off stupid normie?

thanks
>>
File: 1388813973766.gif (978 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1388813973766.gif
978 KB, 350x197
>>334400650
>normie
>mfw I was here to call WT Snacks a faggot
>>
>>334400608
Sup Jason
>>
>>334400780
Kill yourself Bradley
Seriously. Do us all a favor and kill yourself. You're so fucking pathetic and useless your own mother doesn't even want you around which is why you have to live on your Aunt's couch.

You are also a burden taxpayer's dollars with your autismbux, so please just end it and save us all the trouble of having to deal with you.
>>
>>334397409
>The dungeons have gotten more complex, the bosses are more complex.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgG99169yAA

Still absolutely PISS EASY
>>
>>334400976
Deathknights were a mistake.

Always fucking deathknights being broken soloing relevant content.
>>
>>334400906
I've got nothing to lose anymore J, I bought a professional slingshot with iron bullets and I'm gonna kill you.
Enjoy life while you still can.
>>
@334400976

Yeah still, as in they've always been easy

Dungeons like BRD and ST being designed like someone with autism had a seizure isn't difficulty
>>
File: 1382045038612.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1382045038612.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>334401191
Come find me faggot. I'm ready to take you down with my sweet tae kwon do moves.
>>
>>334397409

>bosses
>complex

wildstar tutorial is harder than any pve boss than wow has

wow was never hard, and no one played for the pve
>>
>>334397409
There's several key factors you fail to consider:
1. Ultimately, the difficulty of bosses is determined by tuning. You could have a boss that does nothing at all besides killing everyone after a set enrage timer and it could still be incredibly tough as long as it requires 102% of theoretical maximum performance from a perfectly min/maxed raid setup (the extra 2% are there to prevent getting lucky with procs and crits, this way you need to play completely perfectly even if you get really lucky).

2. More powerful classes trivialize mechanics. For example, everything related to grabbing and tanking a number of mobs might be impossible to fail post-WotLK but before classes were buffed, it could be an involved task. Or consider an ability like Blistering Cold on Sindragosa: it's one ability you need to care about and react relatively quickly to, unless you're a class like DK. There's 5 seconds to react. It's simply impossible not to manage to hit AMS during that time so the ability might as well not exist from DK perspective. Or consider some of the prime factors separating good DPS from bad ones, like minimizing movement: if you have long hard casts, movement is punished extremely harshly. If you are given a number of instants, the differences between the best and capable players is far more diminished. Almost paradoxically, in many situations (not all, I'm not going to analyze the skill that goes into using each ability in detail) having more abilities actually makes the game easier and bosses getting more and more abilities is to large extent just playing catchup with growing player power.

Continuing
>>
>>334401608
3. Related to the previous point, all the UI improvements (both in terms of default UI and addons), heavily visualized abilities and such like tend to make things easier and the bosses getting more abilities is to large extent just playing catchup to players being able to keep track of their surroundings much better because of this tools, not because their awareness suddenly surged. For example, when I was practising Firefighter in world top 20ish guild (Firefighter kill was only #30ish, though) which I suppose you'll agree counts as high-end raiding against a boss that has more than a few abilities, I quite quickly learned to dodge all of Mimiron's abilities without fault, such that I never failed in manner resulting in death during the second half of training (100+ pulls) and during the entire time spent farming the boss. Conversely, I fully admit that I had some problems avoiding the orbs in a boss mocked as Loot Reaver because it's not obvious where they're going to land. Neo-WoW encounters have those ugly markers for this sort of stuff and if it doesn't, addons tend to draw them anyway.

In other words, you're thinking of difficulty from a simple-minded view. Now, particularly the early vanilla raids actually ARE easy (as demonstrated by people clearing them in hours after they become available in various private servers) but this is more related to tuning and not the number of abilities. The number of abilities really isn't that important. I'm also willing to admit that some of the more recent encounters on their most artificially difficult setting are among the toughest WoW has seen, but it's just stupid to claim encounters like, say, M'uru, are easy for the sole reason of the boss not possessing too many abilities.
>>
>>334401713
And while making these points, I came across a number of damning designs. For starters, the fact that it has allowed itself to get into the state where every boss is a fucking dance floor! In a boss like Firefighter it feels organic and boss having half a dozen different "fires" you have to dodge in P4 was novel at the time but what I want an RPG that feels like an RPG with challenges related to something else than completely arbitrary barrage of mechanics that make the game feel like a fucking action game with the screen covered by visual diarrhea complete with danger markers as annoying as Microsoft Clippy. And secondly, the artificial difficulty slider. If I played games for the purpose of difficulty alone, I'd play Go while offering my opponent 50 handicap stones. Yes, Mythic raids might technically be challenging but this has utterly ruined the identity of the encounters and the integrity of the world.

And besides, that's one single aspect of the game that should NOT be the whole package! I recently tried retail for the purposes of checking out how pathing currently interacts with fences and I wanted to kill myself 10 seconds in: Depending on class, I was either 1-shotting the mobs or my uncontrollable pet instantly ran in to taunt and kill them. I couldn't even get the fucking mobs to reach and hit me even when I tried (well, not until I went to Goldshire area, anyway)! And while I simply can't stomach 100% linear neo-WoW levelling, I know this isn't just level 1 thing. Besides content that has artificial difficulty sliders, it's just insultingly trivial. And besides difficulty, the Facebook and queue simulator style of gameplay is unbearable, completely devoid of everything MMO and RPG, filled with what I can only describe as meme quests and utterly unthematic cash shop mounts and other garbage that would surely have destroyed any integrity of the lore and the game world if Chris Metzen hadn't got there first.
>>
WoW was never good, it was always "the only thing we have" designed for children
>>
>>334397409
>Where were you when Blizzard purged all of the casuals from /v/ & reddit by increasing raid difficulty significantly which caused them to cry and quit?

I remember WotLK were Blizzard intruduced the mechanic of giving raids a cummulative 5% buff every week to beat him. That was the beginning of the end.
Ulduar was god-tier. Not only was the design of it great, players could chose for themselves how difficult it should be as part of the raids own mechanic. No fucking ultracasual<heroic aka casual < normal aka mythic mechanic before you go in. Fucking lazy design and blizzards leave no child behind policy ruined PvE.
>>
File: Ulduar Antechamber.jpg (171 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Ulduar Antechamber.jpg
171 KB, 1440x900
Wrath was the peak of WoW. Vanilla and TBC were just garbage leading up to them getting it right.
>>
Here's the problem

Gotta raid because there is nothing else to do. Have to devote scheduled time for raid nights, real life blocks of time that need to be reserved for a video game for X hours Y days a week.

>"Man i really wanted warforged or socket"
>"Wow nothing again this week even with my extra chance seal"
>'Guy A' doesn't show up one night
>"We need to tighten up"
>Others don't show
>"We'll start recruiting now!"
>Raid team becomes revolving door
>Hit a wall on a boss for 4 nights in a row because player skill creep means the bosses need to be fuck hard and no one can make a single mistake 15 minutes straight or we start over and begin to resent each other.
>People take it personally when sat
>Game becomes $15 for 4 chances at loot

Raid team and friends quit, then you have to find another raid team that fits your current progression AND time slot you are used to. Then you have to start filling out apps on websites for guilds and get your parses to purple or better and make sure they are recent ones etc etc.

Too much of a hassle when most people just want to raid Kara/Ulduar with their buddies on vent.
>>
>>334402518
>raid because there is nothing else to do
unsubbed.
>>
>>334399416
Yeah yeah. Just have a seat over there next to Deathwing and Arthas. We'll get around to your "end of the world" soon enough.
>>
>>334399042
In Vanilla?
>>
>>334402603
Yeah, i am unsubbed right now
>>
>>334400724
Triggered
>>
>>334401713
>For example, when I was practising Firefighter in world top 20ish guild (Firefighter kill was only #30ish, though) which I suppose you'll agree counts as high-end raiding against a boss that has more than a few abilities, I quite quickly learned to dodge all of Mimiron's abilities without fault

...using BossMods. I was a hardcore raider in Ulduar too, you're not fooling me. The screen was already filled with your "visual diarrhea" even back then. They've got more cooked into the base client now, less reliance on add-ons - as you stated, it's a game of catchup - but little has changed since then. Pretty loaded example that you're using as well - Mimiron HM was the toughest of the lot (aside from Yogg with no keepers).
>>
Mythic BRF was literally too hard and if you disagree you are one of those people who will play wow until blizzard shuts the servers down.

Once people found out the shipyard was absolutely fucking nothing and Tanaan was nothing but a fill-bar daily area full of archaic rep grinds they all unsubbed.

Honestly had more fun pickpocketing UBRS for insane on my 60 rogue than i did grinding those catmen for whatever fucking rep that was to exalted.
>>
File: blizzdrones.png (292 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
blizzdrones.png
292 KB, 900x900
>>334397409
>>
>>334397409
Razorgore would like a word
>>
>>334397409
>saying a game is better because it's harder at the expense of the lore and everything the fans loved from the beginning
>not taking in the fact that Wow has always been a casual game

You faggets need to stop defending this game and let this company die already
>>
>>334397409
>shills and /v/ still sucking blizzcock
See name.
>>
File: a6a.jpg (230 KB, 887x459) Image search: [Google]
a6a.jpg
230 KB, 887x459
>>334397409
>We thought we did, and we did.
>>
File: 1442916256817.jpg (22 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1442916256817.jpg
22 KB, 627x626
>>334397409
>>
>>334403098
What I was thinking of but didn't explain in any concrete way (sorry, the post was going to be a lengthy one so I couldn't elaborate) is that "fires" (including the fire) on Mimiron are easy to read from cognitive perspective. You don't really need to track the fires, remaining Emergency Fire Bots, Frost Bombs, mines and Rocket Strikes separately because they're clearly visible things on the ground and "avoid things on the ground" is a task you've practised for tens or hundreds of hours and has become largely automated. Now, P4 has more abilities that (P3W-P3W lasers, shock blast) to also be vary of and there's some nuance to avoiding the things on the ground (for starters, you should "hug" the extant fires in order to prevent the fire from spreading faster than it needs to) but after some practise the act of dodging the fires wasn't too taxing. The point of comparison I offered, Void Reaver, on the other hand, DOESN'T have any such indicators and despite it being just one ability, I admit I still had some trouble. Which I think is somewhat understandable from cognitive perspective because the "dodge the orb" skill isn't as practised as "dodge the stuff on the ground" skill.

Now, when thinking of neo-WoW, there are clear indicators for everything! What I'm trying to say is that their presence makes the mechanics cognitively less taxing to handle because it allows you to combine several different mechanics to one practised subroutine, similar to how I did on Firefighter. For example, suppose there's an encounter with meteors raining down and random players are marked with a debuff that deals damage to nearby enemies: if the meteor impact site and the damage radius around the player are marked on the ground, even these two widely distinct mechanics effectively get rolled to one thanks to more efficient presentation and the gap between the number of relevant abilities you have to care about is reduced compared to the allegedly simpler times.
>>
>>334405172
>>334403098
And I'm not trying to downplay Firefighter by any means. I think, in terms of design, it's the ideal encounter. But as far as difficulty goes, it again comes down to tuning, not the number of abilities per se. It's not a classic DPS check fight but you probably hit the enrage timer if even a few players died. Hell, you might have hit the enrage timer without anyone dying simple because you moved too much and lost DPS time in the process (and that's where, I believe, the number of abilities does come in, after adjusting to how difficult it's to keep track of them in real practise)! And this is what I want people like OP to understand: all these bazillion mechanics aren't difficult on their own, they are difficult only within the context of the numbers forcing you to handle them in close-to-ideal manner. Even the LFR raids of neo-WoW might have a lot of abilities but they simple don't matter because the number requirements aren't high enough to back them up! The content is still trivial.
>>
>>334397409
Vanilla wasn't better but WoD isn't better than most expansions where it counts. The raids are okay but thats pretty much it. The quality of content doesn't keep players, the gear treadmill and meaningful rewards does. Lets just hope they fix that with Legion or else the amazing revamps to classes will go to waste on an endgame you'll play for a month or two.
>>
I have never played WoW before. Made an account on the vanilla server Kronos to see what all of the fuss was about.
The game is quite boring. My first 3 hours were killing 10 vermin, then 10 workers, then travelling to a mine near Goldshire to collect 10 Large Candles. Everything seems like a fetch quest. Doesn't help that the combat is so slow.
Don't get how anyone could play this for years on end.
The people are nice though.
>>
>>334397409
vanilla had a ton of casuals too you stupid ass retard.
but they could fucking raid and be somewhat useful.
guess what happened at tbc when ssc/mag raped their asses?
even zul aman was hard for casuals.
tbc fucked the game hard cause casuals were gathering at an alarming rate at forums.
even worse at wotlk were after the awesome ulduar the game went to shit.
>everyone and their mother became kingslayer.

fuck this shit /v/.
i had so much fun at vanilla. my friends could raid and skill didn't matter.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_041516_173151.jpg (204 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_041516_173151.jpg
204 KB, 1366x768
>that feel when your character looks better as an Undead than they do as a Human

at least I have Mercenary Mode, I guess
>>
File: 14503765685300.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
14503765685300.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>334397409
>>
File: 1460651225909.png (27 KB, 803x600) Image search: [Google]
1460651225909.png
27 KB, 803x600
>WoW has 100 levels of content
Yeah, but if the prediction about collecting 3 candles is true, isn't that whole bit disregarded, especially in light of playing with the whole max level status..
>>
WoW has always been absolute garbage before level cap

"b-b-but muh adventure" is literally the must bullshit copout any casual could think of
>>
>>334402518
>warforged or socket
That's the part where Blizzard fucked up pretty hard in my book. Not only do you need to have items you want actually drop, but you also need them to have the special modifiers on them in order to be upgrades. It's RNG on top of RNG with an RNG bonus roll if you feel like losing more hope.
>>
File: screenshot2.jpg (535 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot2.jpg
535 KB, 1920x1080
There could be decent 1-20 F2P.
>>
File: please understand.jpg (21 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
please understand.jpg
21 KB, 620x350
>squished numbers at some point so people weren't running around with millions of health
>that feel when I'm a Warlock and have upwards of 1mil HP in PvP
>>
>>334409875
How to do good 1-20
level 20 get their own bg.
level 20s can actually fucking chat.
level 20 can get more than 10 fucking gold.
level 20 can use the AH
>>
>>334411052
Whatever to get them onto tokens.
>>
>>334398382
Top guilds are quitting because THEY CAN'T have a good enough group to raid Mythic anymore. Not because they hate it. Mythic raiding in WoW has set a new standard not just for MMOs, but how cooperative content should be done in gaming in general. Shit's hard as hell. Most people die ~270 times in one decently tough game, that's how many times the top guilds died to Archimonde on Mythic alone before nailing him.
>>
File: for free.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
for free.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1080
>>334397409
>>
>>334410673
>numbers get squished
>WoD's numbers are at an all time ridiculous
I feel like the WoW team is either fucking with the playerbase or they're doing something wrong.
>>
WoW used to at one point be like the shitty pop music of MMOs where it didn't really do anything interesting other than make it easier for people to get into.

WoW today is the high art of MMOs. Not as many people play it, but that's because it is a much better product that only people who actually know their shit would appreciate.
>>
>>334397854
Every encounter in MoP is much more complex than BRD though. BRD has a large ass map, but it's just tedious same old shit.
>>
>>334411772
>except multiplayer
>>
>>334397854
>BlackRockDepthscomparedtoanydungeoninMoP.jpg
>Maze vs actual fucking mechanics

I love maze explorer.
>>
I think people are more upset about the RPG focus being pruned as the game grew. I like the more streamlined focus of the game. You level, you gain knowledge of your class and then you decide what sort of content you would like to do. PvP, PvE or whatever else.

The real problem is Blizzard having a hard time delivering on that endgame content. They were strong in Wrath and Mists, if you can forgive the year of SoO. Hopefully Legion can be as good as Mists or Wrath in that regard.
>>
>>334405172
>>334406434
Quite a delayed response from me, but I understand where you're coming from. To be honest, I haven't played WoW seriously since early Cata - I returned for the very end of Pandaria, when they decided to cut down on ability bloat by removing tonnes of spells and skills (including largely harmless flavour spells), but didn't manage to get hooked again. As a result, I can't comment on the nature of current content.

However, I can comment on the current content in FFXIV, having levelled a character to max recently! Everything, generally speaking, has a visual prompt in FFXIV. The grand majority of enemy AoEs, for instance. It's quite different from the old WoW model, but only insofar that you weren't encountering current raid content with Boss Mods or an equivalent add-on since, as I mentioned, they listed all the relevant signifiers that are being demonised here. So yeah...you sorta said this, but they're much more free to throw in more complexities now since they're making those very complexities less complex through their visual prompts and they're not forcing people to have to download an add-on to remain competitive. XIV's an interesting case, anyway - they're currently witnessing the skill bloat of old that WoW had way back when; I have around 4 hotbars filled with skills for my Warrior, for instance. Additionally, there are encounters that lack notifiers - most notably the new Sephirot encounter, which completely foregoes any form of visual notifier in the fight. Add-ons aren't condoned by Squeenix for use in FFXIV, so encounters that rely on other mechanics that Boss Mods would flash up and inform you about, such as tank swapping, ironically DON'T have notifiers - you have to look at boss animations/castbars, your debuff count or what have you.
>>
>>334413695
ICC in Wrath lasted a very long time as the sole current content as well - plenty of people tired of farming it and waiting for Cata, so many quit. Most of the people decrying SoO lasting a year can't remember that far back, which is telling.
>>
>>334397409
>play Vanilla WoW
>have a short attention span

Pick one.
>>
>>334413695
>you level
.you gain knowledge of your class

stopped reading right there. I can level to cap with 1 button
>>
File: Guldan mustard.jpg (43 KB, 640x351) Image search: [Google]
Guldan mustard.jpg
43 KB, 640x351
>>334397409
The only thing in wich Vanilla is superior to current live WoW is the feeling of community and togetherness.

Bosses are better and more complex, storytelling is more engaging (despite WoD sucking because simply nobody cared about those fucking orcs). Classes, even if you agree with the pruning or not, are more complex and diverse and have more engaging gameplay and are far more usefull. The MoP onwards talent system is much better since it offers more choices and playstylels and are more meaninfull in PvP & PvE encounters. Spending 2 points to get something so simple, boring but mandatory as +3% crit is stupid, despite somewhat cookie cutter builds still existing because they are mathematicly more efficient in each specific moment.
World design is better, with higher fidelity stylized graphics helping a lot.

Shame the Garrison was so stupidly rewarding anyone would be a fool to ignore it and the over abundance of commodities in it (herbs, ore, bank and transmogger) allmost completly negate the need or desire to not be in there constantly. Ashran sucked for being mostly about PvE events with PvP as a by-product.

I'm glad that Blizzard is not going to implement the mission system in Legion as it was in WoD. It involves fewer missions, with longer durations so you don't have to be ontop of them as much and are about sending dispensable troops to unlock some class story quests and world quests in all zones in the Broken Isles. So far Legion is shaping up to be a return of form to WoW. "Fanservice" memespouting is unjustified imho because they are focusing on having ACTUAL character and world development now about stuff people care about.
>>
>>334399416
He's an anti hero now, void lords are the true bad guys
>>
File: Neutral milk hotel.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Neutral milk hotel.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>334397409

You're wrong you fucking faggot. I hope you realise how fucking stupid you made yourself look you incestuous cunt. Your life has no value and you are a pathetic excuse for a human being, stop stealing my oxygen cunt.
>>
>>334417974
>bosses are better and more complex
on mythic sure, but just to kill a boss is significantly easier than ever before
>neo-talent trees offer more choice
nope, they are still cookie cutter. There is no alternative playstyle you can spec for that isnt horseshit.
>everything was small % bonuses meme
kill yourself drone
>>
File: s.png (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
s.png
6 KB, 224x225
why is people replying to this
>>
>>334418491
>on mythic sure, but just to kill a boss is significantly easier than ever before

True. It is easier to get to actually kill a boss. You don't have to farm specific resistance gear (wich some people liked, and can admitidly be cool to some extent) and bosses drop more gear per kill. Even Heroic (old Normal) Gorefiend has more mechanics than the entire of Molten Core.
LFR is a joke and most people hate it and nobody takes it seriously. If it was gated 1 tier behind the current tier of raiding it would be acessible for more casual people or people with less time to play could still experience the raids in a somewhat current time.

>nope, they are still cookie cutter. There is no alternative playstyle you can spec for that isnt horseshit.
I disagree. As someone who is 8/13 Mythic HFC as a Retribution Paladin, my talent tree despite being one of the simpler ones have diferences in playstyle depending on what you choose. For example, when progressing Heroic Blackhand I actually changed most of the talents to more efficiently handle going on the balconies. When I wasn't going up my talent choices where different.

>everything was small % bonuses meme
I never said EVERYTHING was % bonus increases. I said such kind of things are boring and basicly mandatory, I never implied it was the majority. Such thing simply should not be clurreting up a tree and giving a false sense of size and complexity.
And I'm no drone. I'm being honest and discussing shit. I fucking hate WoD with a burning passion and Legion can't come soon enough.
>>
>>334401223
>@
>>
>>334419195
>counting mechanics
LFR paragons had a fuckton of mechanics and guess what? It was a joke. Because number of mechanics is far less important than how punishing they are.

Shade of Aran was more punishing that any LFR boss.

>8/13M
>this late into the tier
>with item upgrades
oh sorry youre just trash at the game. Never mind
>>
>>334419195
>changing talents per boss

but thats still not you picking a playstyle, thats just "this talent does better on this fight so Im taking it"

back in Cata I had to take Chillblains for BWD since I was on kite duty. Thats about as much customization as there is now.
>>
Anybody interested in resubbing with me?
>>
>>334420241
>Shade of Aran was more punishing that any LFR boss.
Pre-nerf LFR Archi wiped complete groups because they ignored basic but deadly shit as the Doomfire.

>oh sorry youre just trash at the game. Never mind
Having Mythic gear is completly irrelevant for Gorefiend. Gear gets you nowhere unless you have perfect raid coordination and everyone is on their toes and does not fail. Simply having a DPS being released out of the stomach a bit too early and your raid will suffer a lot. It's a preety hard add managment fight.
Upgraded gear is only relevant if you want to cheese mechanics on Iskar or Socrethar. But if you've killed Mythic Gorefiend those 2 bosses in comparisson are a walk in the park in terms of difficulty and mechanics so it isn't that relevant there either. If you're talking Mythic Archimonde where DPS is super damn important then I agree.

>>334420558

>but thats still not you picking a playstyle, thats just "this talent does better on this fight so Im taking it"
I had 2 types of talent choices depending on what I was gonna be doing in the same boss.
>>
>>334421145
No, Pre nerf LFR wiped groups because they ignored Nether Banish and a tank was lost.
>gear is completely irrelevant for gorefiend
lmao shut the fuck up you trash monkey, being able to 1 feast the fight is huge.

And honestly Gorefiend shouldnt be the roadblock it is, my guild spent one night on it back when we didnt have a fuckload of gear
>>
>>334421438
>lmao shut the fuck up you trash monkey, being able to 1 feast the fight is huge.
Unless you're in full upgrade Mythic gear you can't 1 feast it. Tunneling the boss is stupid and dangerous unless you have the guys handling the souls being perfect at their job and without needing anyone else to help them out a bit.

>my guild spent one night on it back when we didnt have a fuckload of gear
Nice bullshit claims. Not even Paragon or Method managed to do that after killing him at least 3 times, even less during their progress kill. Just goes to show you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>334420690
What would you roll anon?
>>
>>334420690
I'm subbed you wanna roll some alts or something?
>>
>>334421770
>unless youre in full upgrade mythic gear
you realize that you have the ilvl of people in full mythic back when gorefiend was hard, right?

>nice bullshit claim
mad monkey
>>
You are right, OP. The high level raiding has gotten better.

Everything else has gotten worse.
>>
>>334422032
Troll something. I love the troll race.
Either a warrior, warlock, or....druid? I dunno, one of those.

>>334422150
I wouldn't mind yeah, but it'll be next Saturday when I sub.
>>
>>334422367

Ah ok. I'm more of an on the fly guy
>>
>>334422367
Honestly rolling an alt with someone and going up sounds great. doing dungeons with pubbies is boring me to tears right now
>>
>>334422781
Got steam anon?
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.