[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely Second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: norevonobuy.jpg (156 KB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
norevonobuy.jpg
156 KB, 770x1000
This game came out today and there's not a single thread about it.

Does that mean it's shit? It's shit, isn't it? I knew it'd be shit..
>>
>>334367775

I didn't even finish the first one. The looping was bullshit.
>>
I'll get it but I kinda lost hype for it.
>>
>>334367775
It's okay.
The battles are still good, but the music, story and characters (Magnolia was such a letdown) are all worse than in BD.
Also the localization has
>bad sound quality dub
>censorship (duh)
>some alternate sidequest endings cut (japs complained that you had to play through the game at least 4 times to get them all)
>japanese ages for the characters so everyone's younger than in BD
>almost no Ringabel
>no loops

Despite its flaws I really hope they make a third one.
>>
>>334368318
Well, that was it then.
I'm amazed how quickly you rekt my interest for the game.
>>
>>334368318
>spoilers

To clarify, those aren't the fault of the localization.
>>
>>334368370
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing but I still managed to have plenty of fun with the game.
>>
>>334367775
I'm having a lot of fun with it. The music is a step down, sure, but there are lots of other improvements. If Bravely Default was a 9/10, Bravely Second is a 8.5/10 to me. It's a great game despite its flaws.
>>
>>334368436
You can't really blame the alternate sidequest endings on localisation as well, since it sounds like if they re-released it in Japan for some reason they would of done the same thing.

Shame people don't like the music as much though, I like Ryo, but I suppose he did have huge expectations to meet for this.
>>
>>334367775
why would I want to discuss a video game on /v/ when all you faggots do is shitpost about censorship even if it's blatantly false.
The bad ending removal shit is like pic related all over again.
>>
>>334367775
Everybody already pirated it on their hacked 3DS, uncensored the outfits, and beat it already.
>>
>>334367775
Magnolias character is completely different from when she appeared in the secret video in BD.

So far I don't even know why tiz is there.
>>
i'm sitting outside gamestop with my nintendo new 3ds and literally shaking. i'm counting down the minutes until i have my new copy of bravely second end layer
>>
>>334370854
>censorship is blatantly false
>posts a picture of proof of censorship taking place
>>
>>334371041
Charactera are the worst part of bs. There is no chemistry beetwen new cast. Tiz is boring and does nothing on his own. Magnolia is completly different than is secret video in first game. Only Edea is still good, but without Ringabell its not the same. Gameplya is still okey.
>>
I know the music isn't as good as the first but it still has some bitchin tunes. I've probably listened to this song for upwards of 3 hours total.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtaKxMlev2k
>>
Looks like more of the same exact thing with less likeable characters
>>
>>334371237
except for the fact that only the top is even the same armor piece. It's just blown out of proportion for the sake of getting upset about it.
Just like the bad ending removal is not what people claim it is.
But why look something up if you can just parrot whatever everyone else on /v/ is shitposting about :^)
>>
>>334367775
As bad as the first one.
>>
>>334371639
Aside from the looping (though that did stop me from playing it again twice, it isn't that bad unless you chose to do the sidequests), BD was pretty good.

Sure, some classes broke the game, but that's the nature of JRPGs especially one that's a throwback to the orignal FF games.
>>
>>334371383

God I hate the new battle themes. You can tell they weren't designed to have the guitar parts originally (they actually don't, in the first Japanese demo) and that they were an afterthought in the hopes of making the songs seem more exciting like in Bravely Default
>>
>>334368318
pretty much this

and 80% of the dungeons are the same
>>
File: 1422542020450.gif (966 KB, 533x734) Image search: [Google]
1422542020450.gif
966 KB, 533x734
>>334367775
I liked Default, but this really just looks like more of the same. I'll get it eventually but not at full price.
>>
File: 600.png (437 KB, 670x1262) Image search: [Google]
600.png
437 KB, 670x1262
>>334367775
It has two scenes in it that are among the most unique and original ever in a videogame, on par with the Psycho Mantis controller thing.
10/10 more of the same but nice to revisit this world and characters
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.