[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /v/, Don't have much experience with video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: drakeposting37.png (50 KB, 270x304) Image search: [Google]
drakeposting37.png
50 KB, 270x304
Hello /v/,

Don't have much experience with video games but i was recently gifted a ps4. I like the Metal Gear Searies but literally know nothing about it. I mained snake in ssbpm.

>would it be worth it to buy Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain with 0 background knowledge of the series?

I did watch that oslelot revolver video about 12 times pic not related
>>
Considering MGS 1, 2, and 3 are the peak of the series, I don't know why you're wasting your time with the newest one.
Get yourself a PS3 and get the MGS Legacy Collection (get it new so the MGS1 download code still works)
>>
>>334337852
Yes. You'd enjoy it the most that way, without getting your hopes up for the twists the narrative doesn't take.
Problem is, it's not like the other games aside from Peace Walker (takes place directly before in the timeline), so you wouldn't really be getting a good feel for the series. Still good for a one-hit stand, though.
If you play V and want to play the others, I recommend doing it in chronological order instead of by release, that'd be: 3, PW, V, 1, 2, 4, R(?). Rising is a spinoff, so you can play that whenever, though it does have spoilers for 4.
>>
>would it be worth it to buy Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain with 0 background knowledge of the series?

No. Starts with the release order, if you go in blindly you wouldn't know what the fuck is happening.
>>
>>334338847
>>334338982
I honestly find some sort of master cut scene on youtube at that point
>>
>>334338847
>I recommend doing it in chronological order instead of by release
Jesus fucking christ, the one thing I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Play with the release order OP.
>>
>>334338847
>chronological instead of release

WHOAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: q.png (451 KB, 1062x362) Image search: [Google]
q.png
451 KB, 1062x362
Release order, that's all you need.
>>
>>334337852
the story is pretty much irrelevant in mgsv, its good when you put some thought into it but save for a few moments that are flat out some of the best written parts of the series (i am an angel of peace) you dont really need to play the previous games in the series to understand it

the gameplay is ABSOLUTELY worth it, ignore the memeing faggots that are butthurt that big boss didnt rape any babies
>>
>>334339084
>>334339163
>>334339245
I genuinely don't get this. Why do you want OP to be confused as fuck for one-half of the series? Sure, 1 and 2 are disappointing following 3, but they make much more sense after playing it, especially 2.
>>
>>334339372
>confused as fuck
>release order

Pass that blunt bro.
>>
>>334339034
Well, you just wanna know the story and go straight to MGS 5 then feel free to watch the cutscenes. But I really would recommend playing them since they're fun as hell.
>>
>>334339372
>3 before 1
>less confusing
>3 making 2 clearer
Pass that blunt bro.
>>
>>334339548
yeah i just dont have much experience with gaming so it would take such a long time for me, i always have been interested in the story though
>>
>>334339713
>i just dont have much experience with gaming
Just choose easy you fag.
>>
>>334339713
Well, feel free to do what you like and just enjoy the series anon.
>>
>>334337852

If you have a PS3 you can play nearly every MGS game. I extremely recommend starting with MGS1 and going in release order up to Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain. Smash Bros Snake is based primarily off his MGS1/MGS2 iterations so it'll feel more natural than to start with the much different Big Boss character.
>>
>>334339245
why is naked snake in this picture twice?
>>
>>334338847
>chronological order
SUCH A LUST FOR CONFUSION
>>
>>334340335
>twice
Explain.
>>
>>334340335

I see Brawl Snake, Vic Boss, Big Boss, Plisken, and a brick wall.
>>
>>334340524
>I see A True Hero, War Terrorist, Big Boss, Plisken, and a brick wall.

Fix'd
>>
>>334340503
first and last are both naked snake
>>
>>334340746
>3rd
>big boss
>horn
nah senpai
>>
Phantom Pain is an extremely fun game with a lot of freedom to do things the way you want.

The story will make no sense to you, but there isn't really that much of it.
>>
>>334337852
Durango's Fight
>>
>>334341465
Last is plissken you doffs.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.