[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nostalrius amasses a player base close to a fifth of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1439527360066.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439527360066.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>Nostalrius amasses a player base close to a fifth of the current retail player base
>Meanwhile retail continues to lose subscribers
>They could set up legacy servers and let people subscribe to play vanilla at a fraction of the current sub price
>No more than 5 bucks or something cheap
>Sell a vanilla standalone license for a couple bucks too
>Generate a shit ton of revenue off an old product
>This somehow doesn't make business sense to Blizzard

I didn't even play on Nostalrius, but it's clear there's a demand for Vanilla WoW. I'm currently subbed to retail and enjoy the game (inb4 you shit talk me for this) and have no intention of ever playing vanilla wow, but even I can see it would be a good thing.

Who the fuck is running things over there? I thought Activision was all about making money, I mean for a bunch of jews getting the opportunity to sell you the same thing twice seems like something they would never pass up.
>>
>>334411231
>>Nostalrius amasses a player base close to a fifth of the current retail player base
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Nostfags are literally more delusional than blizzdrones
>>
>>334411368
You think there's that many people currently playing WoW? There's a reason they aren't reporting subscriber counts anymore. You can see the servers are getting more and more empty.
>>
>>334411231
>be a fan of a rolercoaster for 10 years
>they keep changing it
>you get nostalgic for the first version they had of the rolercoaster.
>"hey manager, any chance I can ride the first iteration of the rolercoaster?"
>"nah man, this is the shit. You think you want it, but you don'!"
>"aww man, that sucks. I'll just build one at my home".
>"Sure man, but after a week or so, you'll come back to the BESTEST ever rollercoaster (ours). The first one sucked"

2 months later:
>A lot of people visit the man's rollercoaster for a daily ride. Having fun as fuck.
>Blizzardcoaster: "FUCK YOU! I'M CALLING THE COPS!"
>"what? Why?"
>"I hold the copy rights to that design! fuck you! come ride MY rolercoaster!"
>"but it's not the one I want!"
>"that's your problem!"
>>
>>334411368
if you plot a linear graph following the sub tendency for the last 4 quarterly reports, WoW should be sitting at about 3 Million active subs or less.
>>
>>334411785
>steal shitty parts left over from the old rollercoaster
>bitch when legal action gets taken
>>
>Numbers all of a sudden matter

Jeez I guess CoD and EA Sport franchises must be the best gaming franchises in existence.

Fucking retards.

A game does get less popular when it becomes more hardcore.
>>
>>334412248
>steal
>>
>>334412602
>Numbers all of a sudden matter
>In a subscription based game

Yes of course they do fuckface are you retarded?
>>
>>334412926
>It's only stealing if people make a profit from it
>People still get the full entertainment value, but it isn't stealing guys
>Watching something for free that other's have to pay to enjoy isn't stealing
>>
>>334411231
Nostralrius was free, of course all the peasants went to play it. Even $5 for a legacy server, whiners will complaint about lack of new content. Times change, move the fuck on.
>>
>>334411785
Why do you people keep making dumbass analogies like this.

It's almost as bad as the food analogies.
>>
>>334413049
so if i take a car from someone and not sell it or damage it it's pretty much fine to go for a ride?
>>
>>334413049
>stealing deprives the original person of the item in question
>we "stole" blizzard's classic servers even tho all the server-side scripting was made from scratch by the admins, blizzard doesn't have vanilla servers anymore and no one deprived Blizzard of anything

Suck more corporate cock please.

>>334413241
>Americans
>wanton hate for food analogies
You're the biggest meme-driven country in the face of the earth. Literally every day-to-day convention you guys use is a meme.
>>
>>334413367
It's difficult to convey sarcasm in text, of course I am against stealing this faggot >>334412926 was attempting to imply that this wasn't stealing.
>>
Also to note, Nostalrius isn't the only private server. There's also just as many people playing on Warmane as Nostalrius
>>
>>334413621
i was adding to your post.
i hate blizz but they have the right cause it is actually stealing.
>>
>>334413049
>watching something for free that others have to pay to enjoy is stealing
So, If I'm drinking water off the fountain, I'm stealing it, because further down the river, some company bottles the water up to sell it to someone else?

what?

>people still get full value but it's not stealing
I still get full value from fucking hookers. Am I stealing from my wife? does she own me, or my sexual actions, or my sexual pleasure because I deprived/robbed her of sexual intimacy by fucking someone else?

You're a fucking retard, anon.
>>
>>334411231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
>>
>>334413758
shut your mouth.
we know and we don't need another nostalrius drama.
>>
Kids trying to argue without even a basic understanding of intellectual property laws. baka
>>
>>334413870
tax payed for the water....
thats adultery not stealing homo
>>
>>334414042
e-enlighten us sempai-kun
>>
>>334411231
I would say Vanilla would be better if the leveling experience wasn't so fucking grindy and boring. Not that I enjoy being able to just "whizz" through leveling, but it seems like the leveling in Vanilla was no different from a snail's crawl. And also, eventually people will start drying out because no new content.

Another point that Nostalrifags seem to bring up is "WoW nowadays looks so cartoony." Big fucking deal, Warcraft's been cartoony since Warcraft III and even Warcraft II. At least now the graphics are more tolerable, as opposed to the eye-bleeding that Vanilla caused.

And demon hunters will be fun, at least. Even if there's an initial flood of DHs for the first year, it won't make it any different from when DKs and monks were brought in.

I haven't played WoW in years, just resubscribed earlier this month and started playing. Right now, I'm trying to grind to the point where gold is no longer an issue for me. I must say, though, that it still seems pretty fun, and, as a roleplayer, I have lots of opportunities available.

To clarify, I unsubscribed during early MoP. I was debating whether to come back or not since a few months ago, though. And I tried Nostalrius... thought it was buggy as shit and the grind was unbearable as someone who doesn't have 18 hours a day to invest in leveling.
>>
>>334414042
BUT MUH NOSTALGIA
MUH FEELIES
>>
>>334413553
>You own a car that you never drive
>It sits in a locked garage and currently doesn't run
>I break into the garage, get the car running and drive away with it
>I don't intend to sell the car or profit from it

This isn't stealing because you own another car and I'm not depriving you of anything.

You guys are for real fucking retarded. I understand that people are going to pirate shit, but don't try and act like it isn't stealing you lowly nigger.
>>
>>334411231

Hosting private servers for WoW is illegal. There is no gray area with the law, it is their IP, and they can do whatever they want with it. If they don't defend it, or ignore obvious infringements, then that could possibly be used in court against them. I don't blame Blizzard one bit for what they did do Nost, or any other unknown private servers they put to the axe. Even if the servers were "non-profit," players always will farm gold and sell it - there's always a demand for in game currencies like this. Somebody somewhere is making money off of something they didn't create, and with it being an unofficial server, Blizzard has zero ability to punish or police profits being made off of thier IP. Since we have no current subscriber count from blizzard, we have no way of know whether or not Nosts' numbers are even close to official servers, so that argument is just pure speculation.

That being said, its really fucking retarded for a company to just flat out ignore the demand that these private servers seem to have. It might take a long time, but legacy servers will happen. If they're are people that will pay for it, then they will provide it.
>>
>>334414158
>leveling experience wasn't so fucking grindy and boring

Anon, it has to be. If leveling was easy and fast it would be like playing retail WoW.

Absolute dogshit and no fun whatsoever.
>>
>>334414063
>tax payed for the water
what the fuck are you talking about?

>that's adultery not stealing
but you're depriving your wife of exual intimacy by proccuring it from another source. You said such a thing is stealing. Get fucked.
>>
>>334414156
Educate yourself. IF you're too lazy to even google it then you deserve to be stupid.
>>
>>334414280
>go to school more
>or get a brain transplant....
>>
>>334414374
i dont need google baka i just want YOU to explain it.
>>
>>334411231
And was the quality of the game and the community good? Compare it to any other free MMO out there.

Most people were playing it because it was free WoW. If there were legacy servers, people would be bitching about having to pay. I doubt that most of the accounts on Nostalrius would be registered on legacy retail. And besides, the content will stale out eventually if you're keeping it "purely" Vanilla.

Fuck's sake, no content for WoD in a year and the numbers are dropping. What do you think would happen with legacy?
>>
>>334414220
>break into the garage
>get the car running and drive away with it

You're implying two things:
1) there's destruction of physical property.
2) you get the original object/product
3) you deprived Blizzard of the original object/product.

Adressing your points,
(1) - you don't break anything. There's no DDoS attack, there's no broken walls.
(2) - It's not the orignal game experience. Nostalrius devs didn't have acess to Blizzard's server-side scripting. They had to craft their own.

(3)- Blizzard keeps their car. There's no deprivation of property.

All things considered, you just used a dumb as fuck analogy.
>>
>>334414569
why should I waste my time. I'm not here to prove anything. Stay stupid then.
>>
why dont WoWfags just play Guild Wars 2 that game is win.
>>
>>334411231
The name 'World of Warcraft' is pretty much legendary in the industry. It may not have been the first MMORPG but it certainly put them on the map. It's even an umbrella association for video game no lives. It almost feels like there needs to be some kind of historic preservation of the various iterations of the game. Blizz should have more respect for the game that made it billions of dollars. They should probably just keep expansion servers around if only just as a sign of respect. Hell in real life cities it's not uncommon to have historic sites that are left unaltered even while the city or town around them modernizes. No such a thing exists for WoW. I can always pop in Ocarina of Time or boot up my old Windows 3.1 computer, but there's no way to boot up a pre cataclysm WoW. Not an argument for or against Nost. Just something I think needs to be said. It's their IP to do with what they will but they are basically giving their old game and the fans a middle finger by basically removing what amounts to a historic site in gaming.
>>
File: waaaaah.jpg (5 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
waaaaah.jpg
5 KB, 228x221
>>334414384
>get absolutely REKT
>respond by throwing around an insult only a 16 y.o. would thing of

You need your balls to drop before you're of legal age to post here, faggot.
>>
>>334414604
How about you stop comparing abandonware to a current or new released game? They don´t have to do shit and get to make a million a month more. Which they will do most likely after the release of Legion and with the drop in subscriptions, or if they´re particularly greedy, which they are, make their legacy servers only available to Legion owners.
>>
>>334414279
Being able to reach max level in two weeks or less is not fun. But having to take two months to get to level 60 alone is not fun, either. If you have to make leveling a hungry void for time investment, it's going to wear down people eventually. People want to have fun, but that's not just through leveling, it's also through being able to increase what they're able to do. And when it gets to a point where it takes a week JUST to go up one level, how is that fun when you're a person with other things to do?
>>
File: kekeke.png (286 KB, 548x415) Image search: [Google]
kekeke.png
286 KB, 548x415
>>334414384
Yeah, but you're getting schooled so hard you can just stay on 4chan for the rest of your life and get a bunch of diplomas, amirite?
>>
>>334414824
your answers are so fucking retarded that i assumed that you are retarded.
sr kid
>>
>>334414637
Ah the classic strawman, re-read the post because you conveniently ignored parts of what I said.

The locked garage is an analogy for copyright laws, the Nostalrius people didn't remake classic wow, they added a few things to it to get it running. I also said that you still have another car aka Blizzard has the current version of WoW.

Don't take everything literally, secondly your reading comprehension is terrible.
>>
I don't pretend to know how much it would cost Blizzard to run a separate vanilla server, or what their market research says they would make in revenue off it's back.

But if you don't like new WoW, the solution is to make a new MMO that's like old WoW. Not steal/reverse engineer/pirate Old WoW.
>>
File: idLYs5.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
idLYs5.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>334415169
>he's clearly buttmad
>getting schooled left and right like it's not weekend yet
You're retarded, so let me spell it out for you: I know you're still in middle school because you're blatantly underage. Yes. Everyone can tell.
>he keeps responding
>>
Your analogies mean nothing to the law. The law is justice. The law is right and eternal.
>>
>>334415254
>the solution is to make a new MMO that's like old WoW

sure thing buddy. there´s tons of companies out there that are willing and able to drop 50+millions on the offchance that it might get a big enough marketshare. what was the lifespan of a MMO these days? 3-4 months? after that it´s tryhards clinging to the corps and f2p models appearing.
>>
>>334412602
>current wow iteration
>hardcore

Pick 1
>>
>>334411785
At least it's not another food analogy
>>
>>334415196
it's a failed analogy. No amount of goalpost moving will save you from the fact that blizzard only has ONE car and that it physically never left the garage.

What you fail to realize is that no amount of analogies for copyright laws will avail any discussion on the subject whatsoever.

The problem with copyright laws is that the damages are not the cars leaving the garage (like you claim) . it's the possible income loss from the actions of the infringent party.

End of discussion.
>>
>>334415580
Well there's clearly a market for an old school MMO, look how big Nostralius was, any company would be foolish not to build a perfectly legal old school MMO to try and get that audience. ;v)
>>
>>334415465
>can't make an argument
>called him retarded for it
>"you mad bro"
you are so retarded you call me mad for no reason.
there is no cure for stupidity.
take your meds kid.
>>
>>334414908
>How about you stop comparing abandonware to a current or new released game?

Except it's not abandonware. Should current WoW be considered anything similar to vanilla WoW? Probably not. But it is still built on that foundation and the core is still there. Blizzard is still getting money from it and paying attention to it. So no, it's not abandonware, even if it's an older version. The current WoW is basically heavily modded vanilla WoW.

>They don't have to do shit and get to make a million a month more.

Are you assuming that people are going to pay for legacy? Again, probably the majority of the Nostalrius accounts were registered to play free WoW in any form. You can't seriously believe that legacy servers on retail are going to cause a sudden mass return of gamers. And guess what, Blizzard's a business, if they aren't making more money than it costs to maintain those servers, they'll probably shut them down anyway.

>Which they will do most likely after the release of Legion and with the drop in subscriptions, or if they´re particularly greedy, which they are, make their legacy servers only available to Legion owners.

I'm not even going to try to be an oracle and debate whether or when Blizzard would add legacy servers. But if the demand is high enough, Blizzard will take what is the most profitable step, either to set up legacy servers or leave them away if there's not high enough demand.
>>
>>334414384
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>334415580
>lifespan of a MMO these days? 3-4 months?

Did Black Desert die that fast?
>>
>>334415783

>old wow
>hardcore

pick 1
>>
>>334411895
Nost had 150k active players
>>
File: he's still posting.gif (4 MB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
he's still posting.gif
4 MB, 400x253
>>334415883
>he's still posting
>he can't hide his buttpain
Getting quite cringy to watch you bury yourself with every post you make.
>>
>>334416004
Nost also only had 3 servers. Blizz has, what, 100 , worldwide?

It's about the same proportion, when you think about it.

Plus, Blizz has been known to inflate their player count with 1$ chinese accounts (chinese accounts are PLAYED time bound. Meaning that your account will never expire as long as you have 1 minute of paid playtime left on your account)
>>
>>334415254
>I don't pretend to know how much it would cost Blizzard to run a separate vanilla server, or what their market research says they would make in revenue off it's back
Considering Nost was up for quite a while for free, and had a playerbase that a lot of other games would kill for, there is profit there.

I don't see why it's so hard to do what Runescape did, and just allow subs to play the older versions of their game. Nostalgiafags are happy, Jagex makes money, and there's still the new, shitty version of RS there in case anyone is interested in that.
>>
>>334416447
Blizzard has heaps of servers that are all dead, but are too chickenshit to merge them in fear of bad PR so they do CRZ shit that makes things even more antisocial
>>
>>334416273
>makes flawed arguments
>"loliwin usomad"
>ad hominem out of the ass
>"i trolled you bruh"

>>334415959
this intergalactic faggot
>>
>>334416637
Where did he say that?
>>
>>334416714
you can read can't you?
>>
File: q2A9LHd.gif (2 MB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
q2A9LHd.gif
2 MB, 300x264
>>334416637
look at this anon's post : >>334416714 and let it finally sink down, deep inside you: you're embarassing yourself really hard.

The second hand embarrassment from watching you throwing your little tantrum is getting off the charts.

Just stop.
>>
>>334416447
>Blizz has been known to inflate their player count with 1$ chinese accounts

source?
>>
>>334411231
>Fraction of the sub price.

That's hilarious.
>>
>>334416953
>ctrl-F
>1 of 1 match
>>
These threads should seriously move away from arguing whether the takedown of Nostalrius was justified and onto pressuring Blizzard into creating legacy servers sooner.
>>
File: 1460743548277.jpg (273 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
1460743548277.jpg
273 KB, 1280x1440
>>334411231

Can this shit be bannable already? I can understand the outrage day one but it's been almost a week. At this point I don't think we need 10 threads about this crap a day.

All the points have been made and no amount of bitching is going to bring your hipster server back. Just get over it already
>>
The problem is that current WoW isn't carried so much by subs as it is by microtransactions, and they'd have to horribly butcher Vanilla to retroactively crowbar the microtransactions back in. I'm not saying Blizzard has anything against butchering their own franchises, I'm saying they're lazy as fuck and don't want to put in the effort to make vanilla profitable, no matter how little it takes.
>>
>>334417221
They won't ever do it, that would be them admitting defeat.

>>334417268
>let's ban people for talking about video games
>I don't know how to use filters
Great idea, retard.
>>
File: cringe bateman.gif (497 KB, 500x189) Image search: [Google]
cringe bateman.gif
497 KB, 500x189
>>334416637
>tells the other anon to grow a brain and go to school more
>literally opens hostilities by calling the other guy an uneducated retard
>complains that he's getting ad-hom'd "out of the ass" when he started it

Are you for real?
>>
>>334417035
wtf are you talking about?
are you having delusions?
>>
>>334417339
Legacy WoW servers WILL happen, but in a long, long time from now, after the last expansion for WoW is released, and Blizzard wants to squeeze more cash out of it before it drops dead.
>>
File: 4chan narcissim.png (36 KB, 950x260) Image search: [Google]
4chan narcissim.png
36 KB, 950x260
>>334417268
>muh 4chan
>>
>>334417339

You niggers aren't even talking about video games at this point. It's nothing but E-politics and hating blizzard.

When pokemon was all over the fucking board like this back in 2011 it got corralled into it's own board because people got sick of it. This is approaching that same level.
>>
>>334417071
blizz themselves stated Chinese players are taken into account for sub numbers.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/59088909

all I can find is discussion on the subject. If you really want to know wether I'm right or wrong, google it yourself further. It's not hard.
>>
>>334417221
This will not happen because the majority of players will not want to pay the sub fee.
>>
>>334417487
that post actually makes a lot of sense
>>
>>334417553
Politics directly relating to video games, their availability, and the developers behind them is video games related.
Fuck off, retard. Filter "nostalrius" if you don't like it.

see >>334417487
>>
>>334415819
Unfortunately for you the courts of law agree with me. If what you are saying is true then how did Blizzard manage to shut down their servers?
Surely they too would have pondered the finer points of copyright law?
You talk about moving the goalposts but you are now attacking the analogy instead of defending your argument, which originally was that what the Nostalrius people were doing wasn't stealing.
>>
>>334417487
>>334417748

>Trying to use Freud to justify shitposting

It's not about the quality of the boards diminishing, it's about you guys beating the rotting pulp of what used to be a dead horse. It's spam at this point.

I would honestly rather have posts about A presses back, at least that was funny.
>>
>>334417879
>further proving the image right
>ignoring everything else in the posts
I hope this is bait.
>>
>>334417487
This makes a lot of sense actually. I was wondering why following Nost's shutdown all the corporate shills came out of the woodwork to silence those who held a different opinion than their own. I never thought I'd see the day /v/ would suck so much corporate cock but this whole thing has been a real enlightening experience.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM
>>
>>334417879
If that entire post just went over your head, you really lack self-awareness. The idea of these threads being spam is _your_ opinion. In fact, you would be the person shitposting here because you're not even contributing to the discussion, just trying to antagonize everybody in the thread.

Just put "nostalrius" in your thread filter if you're really that upset by it.
>>
>>334417756
who gives a fuck about the law? You do? Great! I'm just interested in conversing about analogies. Because no matter how much you refine them , you can't EVER, and I mean EVER apply physical-sense analogies to digital and imaterial copyrights like intelectual property.

The discussion of analogies is what interests me. The moment you step into "but the law agrees with me!" domain, we immediately enter a whole new realm of debate which I don't really give a fuck about. I could throw you a "law doesn't necessarily mean right, see dictatorships" and we'd be tailspinning for days.

Have a good night, anon.
>>
>>334417879
can't you see you're proving the picture right?

You're seeing a discussion you don't agree with, so you barge into the conversation trying to remove the cognitive dissonance from your life.

It's quite apparent if you just think about it for a second.
>>
>>334411231
so much drama
nost was f2p got closed and it's blizzards fault.
like if someone steal your car and you take it back it's your fault somehow.
>>
>>334418516
>help, officer ! someone stole my car!
>but it's still in your garage, is it not?
>yes! but my neighbour copied the design I payed for, and custom-built his own car in his own garage! that's illegal!
>Actually, it's quite legal. Physical objects can only be stolen when you're deprived of property. Which isn't the case. You were just deprived of exclusivity. Goodbye.
>B-but my theft analogies!
>>
>>334418034

>I posted a screencap therefore my argument is right.

I hope you burn in the same hell that your hipster server is burning in right now.

This shit is spam of the worst kind.

>>334418121

So we should get rid of /vp/ and /vg/ and everyone can just filter pokemon and general too right?

You want legitimate arguing? Fine. I played wow from late 2005 up till right when the Throne of Thunder patch hit and I cannot fathom what value people would find in a vanilla only legacy server.

Yes the game has become an unholy shell of what it once was but that didn't happen up until Cata when raid finder, realm squishes, and terrible raid balance (10 man anyway) reared their ugly heads among other things.

Before that though BC and Wotlk were straight upgrades to vanilla. They fixed all of the class balancing issues that plagued the game, they made each spec meaningful in some way, they cut the raid size down to make it less of a headache for raid officers (to whom it felt more like training monkeys than actually raiding). It was a great time to be playing the game that for a couple of years prior was an Everquest tier unbalanced mess.

But everyone wants that back? Why in the fuck? I'd surmise that the vast majority of the people who were bitching are just mad that they lost their free wow server, but to those of you who are actually lamenting this loss, why are you so attached to the mess that is vanilla?

I get that blizzard asserted their rights and shut you down in a completely legal way and it pisses you off....but seriously....what of value was lost?
>>
>>334418073
It's easy to dismiss anyone that disagrees with you as a corporate shill.

I understand that people here pirate things and that doesn't bother me in the slightest. What bothers me is people attempting to justify stealing.

You go out and create some kind of digital product and see how you feel when people start to pirate it.
>>
>>334418958
>So we should get rid of /vp/ and /vg/ and everyone can just filter pokemon and general too right?

I would have no issues with a /wow/ board on 4chan. That's the administration's decision, and it isn't to be decided in these threads. If there's still a meta board on 4chan, you can go ask there.

>but to those of you who are actually lamenting this loss, why are you so attached to the mess that is vanilla?

That's your own, subjective, personal opinion of the quality of vanilla WoW. You don't have to like it, and you're entitled to your opinion. But not everybody here has the same opinion of it as you. There isn't going to be some massive debate where you can convince people that a game they like was actually bad and they didn't enjoy it because you personally didn't enjoy it.
>>
File: that wart, thoe.jpg (131 KB, 1024x732) Image search: [Google]
that wart, thoe.jpg
131 KB, 1024x732
MUH THEFT ANALOGIES!!

MUH CARS!

MUH LAWS!

MUH BREAKING INTO MUH GARAGE AND MUH THEFT!

KYS blizzard fuccbois.
>>
>>334413367
If you could clone the car, take it away with you and use the car to do good deeds without causing any problems to the original owner but they still stopped you and deleted your cloned car, what would everyone think of the owner?
>>
>>334419521
but what if my car is a clone of a clone they have a clone baby car and now an evil clone car appears did i lose the IP?
>>
>>334419349

I enjoyed the shit out of it though, I wasn't in Death and Taxes or some shit but my guild dead clear almost half of Naxx before 2.0 hit, I just don't get why so many people want it and not the expansion that fixed all of its' flaws.

On your other note, finding this spam obtrusive and nonsensical is also my own, subjective, personal opinion, and I'm entitled to call this spam what it is.....spam.

>>334419521

It doesn't matter what people think of the owner because legally the owner was within their rights.
>>
>>334414220
Your analogy is fucking stupid.
>>
In all honesty they should charge a subscription fee to post on this website. It would weed out all the neets that think that stealing isn't stealing. Because let's be honest here anyone that would go to these lengths to argue something like this can't afford a $1 subscription even
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 320x180
>>334419487
MFW AMERICANS HAVE A HARD-ON FOR DISSING FOOD ANALOGIES

MFW THEY UNIRONICALLY TURN AROUND AND SUPPORT FUCKING CAR ANALOGIES

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP!
>>
>>334417756
>It's within the law so it was 100% the right thing to do

Before you say "But it was legally the right thing to do". I will agree, yes LEGALLY it was the right thing to do.
>>
>tfw someone breaks into my house
>they steal my car
>it's this car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB5HSU4K84A
>I'm now liable for all the deaths and maims my car caused.

Aren't piratefags the worst?
>>
>>334419740
Based on /v/ rule #1 (All posts should pertain to video games, their consoles, and video game culture. Threads should remain on topic and stay in theme with the board.) and the fact that there are only two WoW/Nostalrius related threads out of 150 total threads on /v/, I fail to see how this is spam, but okay. You should really just filter nostalrius if you don't like it rather than asking people to justify enjoying something they enjoy that you don't enjoy.
>>
Sure smells like same fag in here. Some eurocuck got checkt and rekt and now he's in full damage control mode.
Not to worry though eurocucks I'm sure you guys won't mind when Ahmed applies a fair use policy to all of your women's pussies. Or as you refer to them "abandonware"
>>
>>334419976

Right and Wrong are subjective elements that each person decides for themselves. Blizzard thought what they did was right, and the legal system backed them up.....sounds "right" to me.
>>
>>334420182
>right and wrong are subjective
>it sounds right to me
your entire post was worthless.
>>
>>334419740
>It doesn't matter what people think of the owner because legally the owner was within their rights

Yeah hes within his rights and hes still a faggot for doing it.
>>
>>334416637
Lurker here. Just stopped by to confirm this child is indeed a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>334414604
>people would be bitching about having to pay.
Who is saying this? I would most definitely pay a regular subscription price for Legacy, I think there's quite a lot of people who would too.
Nostalrius wasn't popular simply because you didn't have to pay, it was popular because people wanted to play old-school WoW. Those people would without a doubt pay to get their fix, Nostalrius just decided to be free so they didn't have to.
>>
>>334420182
>Right and Wrong are subjective elements that each person decides for themselves

When someone loves something you made so much that when it is taken away they recreate it and share it with others for free as a labour of love without harming you in anyway but you shit on them anyway, it's not hard to see you're being a faggot even if you are legally right to do so.

They could have embraced it, they had two choices and they chose to be assholes.
>>
>>334420158

It's just irrational that so many other things that were on the board this hard for days on end got shot down but this gets to stay.

Either way you're entitled to think the way you do and I'll say no more on the subject. Have fun

>>334420271

My post said that to me, in my "subjective" opinion, I agree with the legal system, and the legal system agrees with blizzard (who thinks they were in the right), so I agree that they were in the right.

That's all there is to it.

>>334420282

Also subjective, personally I think the people complaining about this are faggots
>>
>>334417432
Fucking hell, will people even care about Legacy that far into the future?
I mean, I'm desperate for Vanilla WoW again, but I don't think I would give a flying fuck about a decade or longer from now.
>>
>>334420559
>Those people would without a doubt pay to get their fix, Nostalrius just decided to be free so they didn't have to.

I don't think Nostalrius just decided to be free out of charity. Have you ever seen an (active) private server requiring a subscription? It would be pretty illegal for them to charge money to play on their own private WoW server.
>>
>>334420662

They're a company and this thing that was being "shared with others" was in their eyes hurting profit.

They chose to be a business
>>
File: li9fe fishard.png (22 KB, 1164x223) Image search: [Google]
li9fe fishard.png
22 KB, 1164x223
>>334420271
<3
>>
>>334420692
They are legitimate complaints, there is literally no way you could defend the way blizzard has reacted to this if you are not a shill, corporate dicksucker or blizzdrone.

I didn't even play on the server for fucks sake.
>>
>>334420795
I'm not going to regurgitate the argument for why the server wasn't hurting their profits, use your fucking brain. Why are you shilling so hard for a company that disrespects it's own fans this way.
>>
>>334411231
>Activision
>offering legacy servers for a discount

That's one hell of a joke, fampai
>>
>>334420753
I know, I was just saying that Nostalrius being free was decided because of the legality of it, not because people wouldn't pay for it, most people would if they had to, it just so happened that they didn't.
>>
>>334420919

How is it legitimate to think that a business was in the wrong for protecting their property in a completely legal way?

I get that you guys want old wow back but private servers have always been shady at best. Seeing one shut down is nothing new and should have been expected, but instead everyone is calling the company in question monsters for doing something they have always had the right to do?

If anything you should be grateful that it lasted as long as it did.

>>334421140

Lets be realistic, even if we assume that the majority of the players on that server where playing it because it was vanilla, a good number where also playing it because "lol free wow". Those players might now make a mainline wow account because they don't have a choice. If this didn't happen they would still have the option of not paying....ergo, hurting profit.

>>334421253

Exactly
>>
>>334411231
i don't play wow but i want to ask why is it bad that blizzard closed a private server like many times before and just caused such drama?
>>
>>334421484
this was a big one, apparently
>>
>>334421590
yeah but being big doesn't mean it's right right?
>>
>>334421739

Human nature is to lash out when something you have is taken from you.....they don't care if it's "right", the entity denying them their object of desire is the enemy.
>>
>>334421739
never said that, just saying that's why there's so much drama over it
>>
>>334421484
>>334421739
It's been a while since they nailed a real high profile server so people hoped that they were loosening their grip on the banhammer. And with how big it was, there were plenty of people to get assmad.
>>
I honestly don't understand why the vanilla private server people don't just unite and go create a new, better private server hosted in Nigeria or some shit
>>
>>334421395
>People who wanted to play vanilla wow will suddenly go play the modern shitfest WoW

that's not how it works at all
>>
>>334411231
> 120k is 1/5 of the current retail player base

Oh boy, you need to learn to do the math.

The game is not below 3M but lets say 2.5M just for the sake of it and lets use it the bullshit "10 day" 120k users.

So 2500000/5 = 500000

Is 500000 = 1200000 ????

IS NOT!
>>
>>334422261

Read the post again please. I specified two groups of people
>>
>>334421395
>a good number where also playing it because "lol free wow"

And why would they go play retail now instead?
>>
>>334421854
i guess this is true in some way

>>334421986
still it looks like too much drama over nothing.
>>
>>334422369

>Those players "might" now make a mainline wow account

I put the word you missed in quotations this time so it's easier to see.

Regardless of whether they do or do not make one...they never would have given the free option.
>>
I hate that Nostalrious is gone but Christ almighty just let it go.
>>
Gonna try and make a sensible food analogy
It's gonna be terrible

>new burger joint opens up
>recipe for burgers is pretty good
>chefs constantly trying to innovate the burgers, lots of different ways to have it
>one day announce that they're changing the burger recipe, but that all the older toppings are available
>after a while, announce they're changing the recipe again
>still pretty popular but some changes mean that original fans of the burger don't like it that much
>repeat a couple of times until they've made the latest burger and announce the new burger coming soon
>the burger tastes nothing like it did originally, making even the older toppings taste completely different than they used to
>although it's still not as popular some people like the newer burger, as they either didn't like or didn't try the older ones

>some chefs remember the older burger recipe and much prefer it to the new one
>find the recipe and offer to make the burger for anyone who brings them the recipe
>the newer chefs at the original burger place get mad, and demand they stop using their recipe even though they aren't profiting off it
>rumours that the people making the old burger couldn't afford to keep the gas on the stove going anyway
>>
>>334422550
>a few people """""""""might"""""""" resub
My shekels!!!!
>>
>>334422813
Food analogies are inherently bad. They only work for food.
>>
>>334418073
I don't even play WoW. WoD was so fucking boring and content bankrupt that it makes me physically ill with boredom to even think about playing it again.

But that doesn't make nostalgiafaggots like you right. In fact it makes you less right, because you're so cucked you would pay Blizzard a monthly sub just to play old WoW again. Fuck off.
>>
>>334421395
>Those players might now make a mainline wow account because they don't have a choice.
No, they really wouldn't. Vanilla WoW and modern WoW and completely different from one another. The people going through the effort of playing Nostalrius, are people who wan't Vanilla WoW and nothing else, those people will never go back to modern WoW, because to them WoW is dead, maybe an incredibly low amount of people would do what you're suggesting, but it would barely effect sales.

Just because Blizzard had the right to do it, doesn't mean it's immediately okay that they did it, no questions asked. Saying "it was legal, so it's fine" is simply retarded. It's legal for me to go yell at some poor fuck on the street, free speech and all that, but the people around me wouldn't just nod in agreement, and say, "well, it's free speech, he DOES have a right to do that, so whatever" no, they would call me out for being a fucking asshole.
This is the last place I would expect people to be so obsessed with abiding the law. Sometimes the law is wrong. Blizzard did have the right to do this, but saying "they did it because they can, they have right to" isn't a fucking answer, that doesn't explain why they did it at all.

At this point, the only real reason Blizzard has to take these things down, is because they think it poses a threat, when it doesn't, or it hurts their pride, which is incredibly childish. They did it because they could isn't an answer, they wouldn't even be aware of the existence of private servers if they cared about them so little that they would get rid of them "cause they could", they're obviously going after them for one reason or another.

>Exactly
Exactly what? You agree with me completely? That kind of goes against the rest of your post there.
>>
>>334416447
150k active players means they logged in once per month
>>
Just because you don't like the latest patch doesn't justify piracy. Just because McDonalds stops selling the McRib doesn't mean you just bring your own ingredients, go into their kitchen, and make one yourself.
>>
>>334422898

It's a businesses' right to protect their shekels, and that's exactly what Blizzard did.

Deal with it

>>334423152

Again, I was calling out the people that were playing it solely because it was free.

If they think it poses a threat than that's reason enough. They're a fucking business, they think in dollars.

>Exactly what?

The part about Nostalrius being free to try and avoid legal repercussions.
>>
>>334418880
what is software patent ?

programming a server that comply with custom packets sent by the client that got real money to develop is intelectual and software stealing.

you are not that dumb son, stop trying.
>>
>>334423326
>go into their kitchen
the metaphor almost worked
>>
>>334423326
Yes it does.
>>
>>334422653
>let it go
suck on my penis champ
>>
>>334423326
but anon, people DO make their own mcrib
>>
>>334423326
Wait, Nostalrius broke into Blizzard's HQ to get the game data and they developed it in their offices?
I had no idea, shit
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_041616_122217.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_041616_122217.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
just saw this slut in booty bay :^)
>>
>>334423518
>I was calling out the people that were playing it solely because it was free.
Who in the world is doing this?
People played Nostalrius because they wanted to play old-school WoW, not because they wanted to play free WoW, where are you getting this idea from?
Do you have any proof of the existence of people who played Nostalrius simply because they wanted to play WoW for free? That idea just seems so bizarre to me.

>It's a businesses' right to protect their shekels, and that's exactly what Blizzard did.
We can keep going around in circles over this, but Blizzard did not lose money from Nostalrius existing. People who play modern WoW, are playing it and are content with it. The people who played Nostalrius are people who don't play WoW, haven't played it in years, have no plans on playing it, etc, basically, people who will never play modern WoW, so no, Blizzard did not lose any money from people who would never play their game, because they're never going to play their game.

>If they think it poses a threat than that's reason enough.
Correct, only their idea that it posed a threat is misguided. They still have the right to do it, but we shouldn't just accept it "because they could" and they certainly shouldn't be defended.
>>
File: file.png (250 KB, 439x549) Image search: [Google]
file.png
250 KB, 439x549
seems to be a few of them
>>
>>334424467
What server is this? Kronos?
>>
>>334424693
No, it's from Lordaeron
>>
>>334424542
i played on nostalrius cause it's f2p and it's vanilla.
no i'll never pay blizzard ever again.

blizz was right and there is nothing anyone says can change the fact.
>>
File: 1439832699620ss.jpg (3 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1439832699620ss.jpg
3 KB, 109x125
>>334424973
>blizz was right and there is nothing anyone says can change the fact
you're not very subtle
>>
>>334424973
just because someone's right doesn't make them RIGHT
>>
>>334425035
i play on kronos and no i am not

>>334425096
what that? oh yeah nothing.
>>
File: NeoGAF.png (40 KB, 1826x210) Image search: [Google]
NeoGAF.png
40 KB, 1826x210
>>334423816
>>334423929
>>334424129
>>334424212
:^)
>>
>>334424542

Look while I can't speak for you and whoever else played it because they legitimately enjoyed bare bones wow....you cant sit here and argue with me that at least 20% of those guys were playing it because it was free.

If there were people playing it because it was in fact free, whether it was 1 person, 5 people, or 5000 people, those people were theoretically losing blizzard money....and that's all the reason they needed.

Is Blizzard right? Technically yes. Does that make it ok? Depends on how you feel about piracy (personally I'm a buyfag so I think it was in fact ok). Are they dickheads for doing it? In the eyes of the players probably so, but they're a business, and businesses don't think like individual players, they think in dollars.

Whether or not it was a threat, who was right, who was wrong, etc....those are all in the eye of the beholder. For every person who is outraged that this happened there's another guy who sees it as fair game. Nobody is "right" here.... it is what it is and we've all got to deal with it.
>>
>>334424973
So you're saying if you had to pay to play vanilla again, you wouldn't?
and no, Blizz was wrong because I said so and nothing anyone says can change the fact.
>>
>>334424467

Lol there actually are people paying for wow now that nost is dead. Point proven, I'm done.
>>
>>334411231
>I didn't even play on Nostalrius, but it's clear there's a demand for Vanilla WoW

There's a demand for vanilla WoW only if it's free.
>>
>>334424031
Have fun crying about your dead server I guess.
>>
>>334425386
that was on a private server
>>
>>334411231
>>Nostalrius amasses a player base close to a fifth of the current retail player base

That's bullshit and you know it. Every single person ever registered in nostalrius is 1/5 close to every currently paying sub.

That's an absolutely huge difference.
>>
>>334425550

Great, hopefully it gets shut down too

>>334425515

Seems that way
>>
>>334425549
I didn't play on Nost.
>>
>>334425379
so i am saying i wouldn't play vanilla on blizz if they paid me.

guess what. i left cause the community was so alienated i felt disgust with official.

i've been playing on nost for 5 months and no i don't know many that would pay.

a good thing is that now at kronos i have no lag and shit work better so i don't care about nost since it was shit.
>>
>>334425515
>There's a demand for vanilla WoW only if it's free.
Source?
>>
As a law student, it's hilarious how absolutely retarded /v/ is when it comes to law and justifying shti their done.

Nostalrius was copyright infrigiment no matter how you paint it, every lawyer would agree. And I hate how copyright laws work. I even agree that blizz should open legacy servers.
>>
>>334425716
Then what was the point of your response?
>>
File: 1459347583148.jpg (17 KB, 255x287) Image search: [Google]
1459347583148.jpg
17 KB, 255x287
>>334425905

this thread you idiot unless you think people were giving money to blizz to play on nost and in that case you're a fucking moron
>>
JonTron,YogsCast, Soda Poppin and The Twitch Streaming community, Francis/Fat Guy, Almost all the youtube gaming community played on Nost. Shit was getting too big.
>>
>>334425598

close to 1/50

fuck forget a zero
>>
>>334425905
Nobody will pay for Overwatch, what makes you think people will pay for an 11 year old version of an MMO?
>>
>>334425306
>those people were theoretically losing blizzard money....and that's all the reason they needed.
Okay, so you think there exists two groups of people here, people who wanted to play vanilla, and people who wanted to play WoW for free. According to you, Blizzard was losing money from these people because if Nostalrius didn't exist, they would be forced to play, and pay for modern WoW.
This doesn't make any sense, the people who wanted to play vanilla WoW would not pay for modern WoW and return to it because they want vanilla WoW.
The people who played it because it was free, would also not pay for modern WoW and return to it because they refuse to pay for it/want to play it for free.
So what I said still stands, Blizzard is losing nothing to people who will never play their game, this is obviously a point that we will never both agree on, so there's no point in arguing further.
I kind of agree with everything else you said though, Blizzard are fucking dickheads in my point of view, whatever that's worth, fucking nothing really.
>>
>>334426010
I want legacy servers.
>>
>>334426092
>JonTron
That guy is a paid shill for Battlefront and Far Cry Primal and he thinks people care about his opinion?
>>
>>334426251
I want good video games. We don't always get what we want.
If you want to support this kind of stuff, play project 1999 or 2007 Runescape servers.
>>
>>334426231

You even quoted the word theoretically and are missing my point.

They are a potential threat, so they die. Regardless of whether or not they go and pay for wow now the fact remains that given the option they would never do it. So by eliminating the option they invite the possibility.

Like I said, they're a business.
>>
>>334426341
Legacy servers would be a lot easier to accomplish than a fully fledged new game that's good. Also I've been playing OSRS since 2013.
>>
>>334411231
so this is what we do guys, we set up a new nost server in a country where blizz doesn't have legal jurisdiction
>>
>>334426034
>this thread
Where? Link me to a post where someone is saying they'd only play Vanilla if it was free. I don't see it.

>you think people were giving money to blizz to play on nost
Of course not, why would they? Blizzard didn't make Nostalrius, and Nostalrius was free, so there's no one to give money to.
If Blizzard were to make Legacy servers a majority of people who want to play Vanilla would pay for it.
>>
>>334411231
>Nostalrius amasses a player base close to a fifth of the current retail player base
No.

150k. Stop overstating it. The "active" community included anyone that played in the last year.
>>
>>334426570
Blizzard doesn't support any kind of community modding scene and they never will.
>>
>>334426580
>If Blizzard were to make Legacy servers a majority of people who want to play Vanilla would pay for it.

so everyone playing on nost were sending blizz the money each month?
i didn't know that why would blizz be pissed at people playing world of warcraft if they were paying for it your argument doesn't make sense
>>
>>334426034
>this thread
What about this thread?
Even if anything in here suggested anything either way, one thread on an anonymous imageboard with 47 people has absolutely nothing to do with what a 150k playerbase would do. You're a retard.
>>
>>334426592
Nostalrius was only around for a year and they have 800k registered accounts, so that can't be true.
>>
>>334426660
They don't have to. They can do it themselves.

>>334426592
>Nost had 150k unique accounts logging in weekly
>Retail has 1.2 million unique CHARACTERS logging in MONTHLY
>Shills try to spin this as Nost not having 1/5th of retails population
truly epic
>>
>>334415019
Nobody is/was asking for Vanilla WoW to replace current WoW.

Just for the OPTION to play that WoW to be there. You don't like the sound of Vanilla? Cool, just don't play it, but there's many people who do like that style of MMO, and DO want to play it

>eventually people will start drying out because no new content.

The game is tuned so that guilds weren't just running through Nost raids in weeks. It's got a solid base of hardcore players, and nobody was even ready for Naxx when it got shut down.

Most players won't just steamroll through it, and when they eventually do? Keep it open for the rest, or make a TBC server too. For minimal cost and infrastructure you can keep arguably 150,000+ players happy for years
>>
>>334426168
>Nobody will pay for Overwatch
Source?
>>
>>334426580
i said it. no i wouldn't pay blizz for vanilla. i prefer private servers with good community than kids with fucking credit cards and overweight neckbeards.
>>
>>334426821
>one thread on an anonymous imageboard with 47 people has absolutely nothing to do with what a 150k playerbase would do. You're a retard.

pot
kettle
black
>>
>>334426936
>They don't have to. They can do it themselves.
They won't. They've been firm on their stance over legacy servers since WotLK.
>>
>>334426936
>>Retail has 1.2 million unique CHARACTERS logging in MONTHLY

where that stat come from? your ass?
>>
File: 1458508897680.jpg (9 KB, 168x195) Image search: [Google]
1458508897680.jpg
9 KB, 168x195
>>334427027
Please show me where I said this thread is proof that people would pay for it.
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>334426451
Again where going around in circles, I believe there is literally no one who wants to play Vanilla and hates modern WoW, would go back to play modern WoW. You say they invite the possibility, but I believe their is none. They are not a potential threat, the people playing Nost will never play modern WoW, there is no threat, not even a possible one.
There's no point in arguing further since this a point we will never both agree on and no amount of arguing will convince the other otherwise.
>>
>>334427008
People on /v/ who say they won't pay $40 for it since it should be F2P.
>>
>>334427090

>quote my narrative

literally retarded
>>
>>334426936
So how many unique players?
>>
>>334427142
>People on /v/
Not a valid statistic.
>>
>>334427008
I won't pay a penny for it because Blizzard shut down Nostalrius. I'll show them what really makes them lose money. Serves those cucks right.
>>
It's amazing 48 people can repeat the same shit back and forth thread after thread yet not grasp no one worth a shit is listening. You're all being mad over nothing & wasting your time.

I, for one, am done with you losers.
>>
>>334427156
Either state a point or fuck off.
Is it really that hard to just stop posting when you realized you were wrong?
>>
>>334411231
activision and blizzard know that the minute they come out with vanilla servers all the work they put into making wow a fucking casual shit hole will be undone.

everyone wants vanilla wow its like how everyone wants swg pre-cu but ea knows it would kill the tortanic dead.
>>
>>334427101
i agree with this guy.
unless you like them both but that's what happened with nost fotm and ended early.
>>
>>334427054
They change their minds all the time and this Nostalrius thing is a pretty catalyzing situation.

>>334427078
warcraftrealms.com

This website that's been using an addon to take censuses of the server populations for years and years.

>1.2 million CHARACTERS, MONTHLY, AND WoW is F2P with tokens

JUST
>>
>>334426802
>so everyone playing on nost were sending blizz the money each month?
Of course not, because they're not fucking forced to.
If Blizzard made Legacy servers and applied their subscription model to it just like modern WoW, people would fucking pay for it.
What is this "well did people who play Nost send Blizzard $10 a month through paypal :^)" shit you sound fucking retarded.
>>
>>334427303
>Either state a point or fuck off.

you are terrible at debate and you know it
>waaah my narrative isn't my argument

any moderator would dq you at this point for being such a cunt with zero (0) skills or knowledge.

get rekt kid.
>>
>>334427413
>Of course not, because they're not fucking forced to.

good. you see my point then.
>>
>>334427424
>you make a point straight out of your ass
>I explain why it's invalid using basic statistics
>no rebuttal from you

Like I just said, is it really that hard to just stop posting when you realized you were wrong?
>>
>>334414220
not a good example since something wasnt physically stolen like a apple or a book it was data try again.
>>
>>334427579
>you make a point straight out of your ass

again you open with lies.
>>
>>334427692
dude stfu
you intergalactic faggot
>>
>>334427380

Does it have 100% uptime in every server?

O4f course not.
Then the data is faulty
>>
I think it's time for Blizzdrones to just accept Nost was simply too good of a server for blizzard to allow to exist.

It threatened them because it was living proof that they dun fucked up, and that vanilla was literally more enjoyable than anything after wotlk.

Before Nost most people could just say "oh rose tinted goggles", "You don't REAALLY want that", "I was there raiding was hard, trust me you want retail WoW".

Nost showed: No.

And that's what upsets Blizz drones about it so much. it was literally better than retail.

Bu bu bu.. its free that's why so many people played it!.

I think part of why it was so good was it was a gaming effort made 'for the love of the game', and not 'for next quarters earning report'.

Now I know the responses to this post are going to be basically ad hominem attacks. There's very few actual arguments you can use since Nostalrius proved that vanilla was objectively better.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community

Sign the fucking petition
>>
File: 1408560369189.jpg (21 KB, 286x225) Image search: [Google]
1408560369189.jpg
21 KB, 286x225
>>334427692
>again you open with lies.
Aright then, please feel free to prove to me how an anonymous imageboard thread of 47 people where you can't even tell who's repeatedly posting the same thing is representative of the spending habits of an independent 150,000 person playerbase.

Whenever you're ready, I'm waiting!
>>
>its the same thread with the same arguments with the same pointlessness as yesterday
Blizzard are not smart. I bet even if they did have reliable evidence in front of them pointing out legacy would be profitable they wouldnt understand or capitalize on it.

Talking about a company that has had a failing MMO for years they dont know how to save, who missed out on dota, who killed custom scenes across all their games in fear, who botched D3, who had another MMO in the making and had to scrap it, whose only new title is a TF2 clone that doesnt even capitalize on the potential of being a TF2 clone by copying the same cosmetic system.

Tldr version; Blizzard want money but are too stupid to get it. All the good game designers in Blizzard left years ago and only their legacy supports modern blizzard.
>>
>>334427380

There are a bunch of servers that received only 2 snapshots in the last month rofl

bunch of EU servers have zero snapshots in the last month.

That data is worthless.
>>
>>334411231
How is it hard to understand that releasing a legacy server would only compete with themselves. Look at lineage and lineage 2, or everquest and everquest 2. When they next game was released, large amounts of players moved onto the new content. At the same time however, a large portion stayed behind to play the game they had always been playing. what resulted was neither game ever reaching the heights of the first games peak.

WoW never did this, and simply kept releasing more expansions to the same game, never having to split its player base. Its one of the major reasons it became such a huge game with a massive player base. However, a legacy server would only compete with retail, and the game would do even more poorly than before, splitting its already shrinking player base between a version that stays the same and a version that grows. Imagine if they did that for every expansion?

Blizzard CANNOT make a legacy server if they want to keep retail relevant. Its quality would suffer and in their own words "You think you want it, But you don't."
>>
>>334427285

>t. Bloodspektor44
>>
>>334427516
I didn't quite catch the second line of your post because it was so broken.

People didn't play Nost because it was free, they played it because they wanted Vanilla.
If you had to pay to play Nost, people would pay to play Nost.
If Blizzard released Legacy servers which you had to pay for, people would pay for it to play Vanilla.
You did not have to pay for Nost, so people didn't pay for Nost. If you did, they would.

What part aren't you understanding?
>>
Blizzard can suck my cock. I don't care if they release legacy servers after this, I'm not wasting my time and money on anything they make anymore.

Fucking jews man, you never win.
>>
File: BERRYPICKER.jpg (307 KB, 670x440) Image search: [Google]
BERRYPICKER.jpg
307 KB, 670x440
>Enjoy me some old-fashioned BlizzCones.
>Go to BlizzCone Vendor
>BlizzCone Vendor: "Try this! It's radical! it's new! It's got Pandaren Flavoring!"
>Me: "This new cone isn't very good. Can I have the old one?"
>BlizzVendor:"No! And don't you dare look behidn the dumpster!"
>Go into the dumpster, find all the ingredients for an classic BlizzCone.
>Take them home, make some classic BlizzCones, some bits I had to do myself but they're still good.
>Share Classic BlizzCone with others who don't care for the new flavor.
>Soon an entire city's worth of people want Classic BlizzCones.
>BLizzVendor bursts into my home.
>"POLICE! ARREST THIS MAN! HE IS ENJOYING CLASSIC BLIZZCONES WITHOUT BLIZZCONE'S PERMISSION!"
>Me: "But I'm not selling them, and they aren't buying you're new flavor."
>BlizzCone Vendor: "Nuh uh, they would absolutely be buying the new BlizzCones if you hadn't ruined my market. Stop making them or you will be arrested.
>MFW
>>
>>334427994
I don't think that's too much of a concern given how different the games are. If vanilla was more like modern retail I could see it, but the games are basically on opposite ends of the spectrum at this point so I really don't see anyone making the switch from one to the other.

The only people who care enough about vanilla/BC enough to actually play it long term are people who hate how modern WoW plays and are likely already unsubbed with no chance of return.
>>
>>334428031
inb4 Blizzdrones posting ">food analogy" and a dumb reaction avatar to go with it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
>>
>>334427823
It's accurate enough to give you an idea on how retail WoW is doing currently.
>>
>>334427864
>Before Nost most people could just say "oh rose tinted goggles", "You don't REAALLY want that", "I was there raiding was hard, trust me you want retail WoW".

This. That video of the arrogant twat at Blizzard saying "You think you want it, but you don't really!!", looks hilarious now
>>
>>334428031
Hey I liked Pandaren Flavor! It was the Warlords Flavor thats hard to stomach..
>>
>>334427994
>How is it hard to understand that releasing a legacy server would only compete with themselves
False. People who want legacy dont like modern WoW. If they did, they would be playing modern WoW and not private servers.

There is no competition between legacy and modern versions of the same game when the games versions are so drastically different.
>>
>>334428010
>People didn't play Nost because it was free, they played it because they wanted Vanilla.
>If you had to pay to play Nost, people would pay to play Nost.
>If Blizzard released Legacy servers which you had to pay for, people would pay for it to play Vanilla.
>You did not have to pay for Nost, so people didn't pay for Nost. If you did, they would.
>What part aren't you understanding?

who the fuck are you and why do you think your version of events are true? you're literally a nobody who thinks their shit doesn't stink
>>
>>334428010
wtf are you talking aboutt?
no they wouldn't pay to play on nost.
CAUSE THE WHOLE POINT OF PRIVATE SERVERS IT'S CAUSE IT'S FREE.
>>
>>334427994
but I don't care for retail WoW or if a split happens, so I do want it.
>>
>>334427921
This.

Just taken over by corporate hacks. Wouldn;'t be suprised of Bobby kottick has got a bunch of pajeets working on the games now, and have thrown out the actual original developers, because hey why bother paying them when pajeet works for half, and the consumers pre-order record numbers regardless of what you sell.
>>
File: 498.jpg (502 KB, 1008x2723) Image search: [Google]
498.jpg
502 KB, 1008x2723
>>
>>334428031
Also among the better examples
>>
>>334428186
The most annoying part of that video is the Blizzdrone in the crowd cheering when he says no, and the ones laughing at his response.

Fuck those people, and fuck that dude and his snarky response
>>
File: 1456359292869.png (66 KB, 323x382) Image search: [Google]
1456359292869.png
66 KB, 323x382
>company that owns IP says they won't under any circumstances change it to cater to a minority of customers
>continue to ask company to change the IP to cater to the minority

Are WoWfags really this out of touch with society?
>>
>>334428242
I kind of felt like Cataclysm Flavor was where we saw BlizzCone going down. It had a really bad after taste.
>>
>>334428235

It's absolutely shit. It's completely worthless. Several EU servers had zero snapshots (aka no data) and several US serers had less than 5 snapshots in last month. (aka almost no data).
>>
>people still unironically thinking MoP was bad

go fuck yourselves
>>
>>334428290
>CAUSE THE WHOLE POINT OF PRIVATE SERVERS IT'S CAUSE IT'S FREE
Or it's the only way to play the game.
>>
>>334428030
I'm with this guy.

Fuck Blizzard. They've shown that they literally give 0 fucks about the community they created.

They would screw over the community for a profit at the first given opportunity every time.

I'm so fucking glad Gaben stole Dota 2 from them. If that shit was a blizzard game it would've flopped so hard.
>>
>>334428417
you think you do, but you dont

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community
>>
>>334428362
>Hey guys Vanilla had a few annoying bugs, remember server crashes when AQ40 launched??? YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY, PLEASE KEEP GIVING US BETA CODES BLIZZARD
>>
>>334417071
>>334417614
It's stated on the quarter reports.
>>
>>334428290
>CAUSE THE WHOLE POINT OF PRIVATE SERVERS IT'S CAUSE IT'S FREE.
If that was true Nost would have been a private version of modern blizzard. They do exist.

But it wasnt. It was vanilla. People want vanilla and blizzard wont support it so they go to private servers. Private servers are free because of legal issues, not out of choice.

I would pay for blizzard legacy servers. And so would many other people.
>>
>>334428492
OR CAUSE IT'S FREE
>>
>pay $15 for wow servers
>get ninja looted several times in the first week of a new instance release
>blizzard states they don't punish ninja looters.

>make character on free wrath of the lunch king server
>several times a day see "PLAYERNAME HAS BEEN BANNED FOR 14d. Reason: ninja"

Why would I pay money for worse service?
>>
>>334428469
Probaby because those servers have an active playerbase numbering in the hundreds. The data is at most off by a few hundred thousand, either way things look very grim for retail WoW.
>>
>2016
>wanting to play a 12 year old game

top kek
>>
>>334428551

oh wow 100k "signatures"

that totally isnt an insignificant fraction of Blizzard customers (not just WoW you fucking mongoloids)
>>
File: 1396504401522.png (55 KB, 380x286) Image search: [Google]
1396504401522.png
55 KB, 380x286
>blizz caves and makes vanilla servers
>numbers normalize at well below Nost's numbers due to the fact that players have to pay to use them and that most players will get bored of having no content after Naxx
>>
>>334426034
But people did donate a good amount of money to the Nost guys. Not all vanillafags are cheap.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.