[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 6 is a really good game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: DK-DONKY-KONG.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DK-DONKY-KONG.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
but it resembles Assassin's Creed 3 in a lot of ways. It's just so huge and complex and ambitious that there are various spots where it is very obvious there were communication difficulties between the various parts of the development team.

Nothing demonstrates this more than the mine cart. It's a loving Resident Evil 4 homage, complete with RE4 crouching QTEs designed by people who apparently didn't get the memo that Resident Evil 6 has a dedicated command for crouching, which is AIM+ACTION. You can crouch whenever you want, except when in waist deep water. But for this specific section, there's a special QTE to do something you can do at any time by pressing two buttons.

Wasn't Resident Evil 6's release date pushed up by a few months? This is the sort of thing that would usually get caught during a final polishing stage.
>>
>complex
>>
>>333887783
>>complex
The soundtrack is 8 hours long because every section of every chapter is specifically tailored to the characters you're playing as.

Imagine keeping track of all that and making sure Chris' music always sounds "Chrissy" and Jake's music always sounds "Jakey" and Ada's music always sounds "Ada-ish".

That's just the music. I don't think a lot of people realise just how much of a nightmare making a 20 hour game with an ever-present AI companion is, especially one who has to have the capabilities of a real human player.
>>
>>333887424
It's such a good game that even most mainstream places (which usually love the AAA tit) gave the game bad reviews; and these people called The Order: 1886 or whatever "average"
>>
>>333888749
Define "bad reviews".

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resident-evil-6/critic-reviews

At what point did people forget RE6 got more positive reviews than negative ones?
>>
>>333887424
I started the game today and it is pissing me off terribly
the game keeps me going in and out of the action with stupid dialogue, prescripted sequences, qte, or just by obliging me to wait for an npc to do anything
then the real game is uninspired copy and paste of zombies
It tries to play like a movie, with really short game segments
unbelievable
I feel like there is more classic RE in revelations than in this mess
>>
nope, sorry, I still don't think re6 is a good game.

maybe your next thread will convince me.
>>
>>333887424
You don't have to crouch. You can just dive on you back and stay down. You will need to get up and shoot some stuff at certain points though.
>>
>>333888749
IGN liked RE6. GameSpot hated it. For some autistic reason, GameSpot got a guy who doesn't like action games and prefers JRPGs and SRPGs to review it.
>>
>>333889250
>I feel like there is more classic RE in revelations than in this mess
Why would you want classic RE? RE6 has completely abondoned classic RE. It's an action game with "cinematic" stylings. Revelations is a whole other kettle of fish with a much smaller fanbase.
>>
>>333889291
>You don't have to crouch. You can just dive on you back and stay down. You will need to get up and shoot some stuff at certain points though.
That's not really the point. If you're standing up, you need to pres SOMETHING. Diving onto your back is the exact same command as crouching, just with an added direction. The problem is QTE tacked on top to do something you can do on your own.

I suppose Capcom get some credit for allowing you to play that sections however you want, though.
>>
>>333889051
Famitsu gave RE6 a near perfect score of 39/40. Whenever someone brings this up, people accuse Famitsu of being corrupt.

So I find myself wondering: Where is the evidence of Famitsu being corrupt?
>>
>>333889906
Same thing happened with their reviews of peace walker. People have been calling famitsu corrupt since a long time. The funniest part is that article was written by Kotaku, which is also corrupt as fuck.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.