[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battleborn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 31
File: 1454845121.jpg (203 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
1454845121.jpg
203 KB, 1200x628
Are you enjoying the beta?
>>
>>333843252
Yep. Seems pretty good so far but playing on consoles is like heresy.
>>
never heard of it
>>
I shouldn't be, but I am.

I will probably wait on making a decision to buy it or not when we have map counts, though. This game will get dull quickly if there's not enough.

And fuck me Kelvin needs buffs. No other wall has the same problems as him. Give the dude better health gains off Bite and better health regen, because as it is the only way he's playable is if you're stacking all your equippables towards having a bigger starting pool of health and better health regen.

That said I still have a lot of his helix to unlock so maybe there's some stuff in there that helps out.
>>
>>333844669
They did confirm all maps and modes(director of the game mentioned they had prototyped 20 of em) coming out will be free. However, it looks like aside from story missions, each multiplayer mode is coming out with only two maps each at launch.
Kinda shitty if you ask me, but the SP kinda makes up for it and it could have been much worse.
>>
I'm supposedly a beta participant but i can't find a link to download the client, i had it on an email a while ago but i guess i deleted it?

Is there a way to get the client now or am i fucked?
>>
>>333845164

Eh, the single player's really not a selling point, I absolutely appreciate that they put it in but it feels like the only point of it is a much, much slower way of getting unlocks than multiplayer.

I knew about the free maps and modes thing, but maybe I'll wait until some of that comes out before I think about picking it up. 6 maps at launch is pathetic for a game that's supposed to be living off the multiplayer.
>>
>>333845352
PS Store
>>
>>333845352

Currently the beta's only available for Ps4. If you're not on that platform you have to wait until the 13th.

If you are, you can find it in the PSN store. The whle thing's running until the 18th.
>>
I'm having fun, but playing melee is really fucking weird. I constantly die because I don't know when to press attacks and when to back off.
>>
>>333845442
>Eh, the single player's really not a selling point,
It is to me. One of the many reasons i absolutely despise games like Evolve and Overwatch is their intentional lackluster or, in the case of the latter, outright missing single player. It fleshes out the world, the characters and the sense of scale.
What's the point of caring what Overwatch is about if what they're dressing the game up with is going to be given out in every other media that isn't the game itself?
>>
I like the game a lot. The character's are pretty unique (Miko,El Dragon) and your entire playstyle can radically change based on character and their upgrades (Oscar Mike makes this feel like an actual FPS and Miko can fuck people up or just heal really good.). My only problem is that there is so much shit going on. I can hardly see or even react to things as fast as I want to. Makes me wish this game had a 3rd person option.
>>
I like rath he reminds me of my old edgy drawings
>>
It's decent fun. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it though.

The PvE stuff are just Destiny strikes basically. I feel like the whole "leveling up as you go" system is kind of pointless here unless the enemy types and events in each mission are super randomized.

PvP is actually fun and the leveling up system actually makes more sense here since the other players as well as your team are more unpredictable so you have to adapt on the fly.
>>
>>333846101

I agree, my point was more that Battleborn's single player is kind of shit.
>>
Only fun i've had so far is playing the mushroom bitch.

Rest of the characters have been pretty boring. The max i'd pay for it is $30 from what i've seen.
>>
Waiting on the PC beta. For those that have played, how is Galilea
>>
>>333849602
Haven't played her but shes a real cunt to play against if she snowballs out of control and gets lots of levels. She seems to do a ton of damage for a "defender".
>>
>>333849748
Is that so? She and Kelvin were the main characters I was interested in trying out.
>>
>>333849895
Haven't seen a Kelvin in game yet.
>>
>>333849602
Most OP character probably. I personally wreck shit with Ambra, but Galilea always does well regardless of player.
>>
>>333849895

Kelvin's tough to play.

All the Eldrid characters have the gimmick of having no shields but natural health regen. Most of them that works out fine because they're agile enough to escape and heal quickly, and are generally long range characters.

Klevin is a melee character and is supposed to be tanking major pushes alongside the minions. Lack of quickly recharging skills makes his job very hard to do. He can make up for it somewhat by earning temporary shields using his skills but those shields deteriorate as soon as he gets them. He can also regain health via his Bite skill, but it has a small cooldown, and he need to kill an enemy to get the best health bonus, so once all the enemy minions are dead he crumbles quickly.

His ultimate is also really shitty and on any other character would probably have been a regular skill.
>>
>>333849602
Current OP broken character at the moment
>Tanky tank in a game where tanks have fucking shittons of health
>Assassin-tier damage
>Fast
>Has a massive stun
Unless you shut her down immediately, and keep it that way, she turns broken very fast. If you're not completely outleveling her, you can't even fight her by herself unless you have half your team with you, otherwise she will obliterate you while you scratch her gigantic health bar.
>>
when is the beta done for consoles -- I've been playing a couple days now and am decided that I am going to buy it now
>>
>>333852297
18th.

Pls don't buy it for full price. Its really not worth it.
>>
>>333852297
18th
>>
>>333850758
>Ambra
My man

Have you unlocked the mutation that lets her manually recharge and buff her sunspots yet? The fun reaches a whole new level once you get that ability.
>>
Did they buff Montana since the first open beta?
>>
File: Athena_AM.png (498 KB, 534x696) Image search: [Google]
Athena_AM.png
498 KB, 534x696
>>333850758
>>333851943
>>333851000
Goddamn, and thanks. I just hope she's not gutted too badly down the line. She immediately made me think of Athena when I saw her.

In Kelvin's case I just like characters that bite the shit out of people.
>>
Splitscreen is janky as shit and the maps take up half the screen. Looking forward to the PC beta.
>>
>>333852589
He's still pretty underpowered IMO.

Feels like a weaker Heavy.
>>
>>333852814
Guess I'll have to stick to Rath then.

Is the full roster available in the beta or are they still doing the retarded 8 heroes only thing?
>>
Are Orendi and Thorn fun to play?
>>
Single player campgain is very dull.
Playing on the ps4 feels kinda rough.
I only played three matches so far and won them all with Thorn. I had fun with the game but I'm not sure if its worth 60 bucks.
>>
>>333853019
The entire roster is apparently available but you need to unlock them like you would in a fighting game/smash bros title.
>>
>>333853019
Full roster is available but you have to unlock them by either leveling up or another alternate way.
>>
>>333853145
>>333853184
You know what, I like that. That's nice. Better than microtransactions.
>>
File: garen-spin-to-win.jpg (39 KB, 435x443) Image search: [Google]
garen-spin-to-win.jpg
39 KB, 435x443
>download it
>not really sure what I'm doing
>go into single player
>pick Rath
>eh he's okay I guess
>get ultimate
>mfw
>>
>all this blatant shilling
>>
>>333853019
The full roster is technically available, but a bunch of them have requirements that aren't available in the beta, and their alternate requirement is getting to a very high profile rank, which you probably won't be able to do.

>>333853030
Haven't played Thorn, but Orendi feels pretty lack luster. She's supposed to be a glass cannon mage, but she feels more like just glass. There are support characters who do more damage then she does.
>>
File: 1401727482411.png (283 KB, 800x835) Image search: [Google]
1401727482411.png
283 KB, 800x835
>>333853359
>>
It's ok fun, but I'd rather play the Overwatch beta.
>>
>>333852814
>>333853019

I disagree. I been playing Montana a lot to unlock Benedict and I went 19-7 one game. He's much better than previous beta but maybe could use tweaking but I am content
>>
>>333852413
The what? What level does that unlock on?
>>
I really think this is going to go the way of the original Borderlands.
Tepid expectations with a solid but not spectacular performance initially while it slowly grows in popularity after additions and community growth/constant discounts.
>>
>>333843252
I played it for an hour and then I noticed that I was bored to hell.
I uninstalled it right away.

It also features lol-oh-so-randumb-Villains. Maybe that was reason I was bored and/or annoyed.
>>
>>333853328
Why is Rath so much fun?
>Ganking
>Getting all the shards
>Soloing Thralls all game and killing anybody that tries to stop you
>Ganking intensifies
>Protect allies by standing near them and glaring at enemy players
>Spin2win is guaranteed kills
>Get to listen to the soothing voice of Vegeta all game
>>
I should hate because it's Gearbox which means it's really painfully unfunny and I'm going to get fucked over by absurd DLC practices, but I kind of like it. Not too MOBA-y to make it frustrating when your unable to carry shitty teammates, but not just an FPS.
>>
>>333853595
It's either the third of fourth mutation.

It unlocks in the helix that can turn your staff into a spear that lets you stab people in the dick for 3/4ths of their health.
>>
>>333853946
>Rath is Sabat

No fucking wonder he's the best.
>>
>>333854069
>by absurd DLC practices
It looks like they're going the right way with this.
Season pass is just story content that come with skins and taunts and any additional microtransactions are for skins.
All MP maps and modes will be free.
>>
>>333854173
Oh man is that the one where your secondary attack also steals health? Because I can't give that up, it gives her such absurd self-sustain.
>>
>>333854335
And they have announced that 5 more characters are in the works and they will be free as well.
>>
>>333854342
Yes, but it's okay because now you can make your sunspots last forever. Keep in mind that it also give them a large buff to healing and damage when you recharge them.

Now you can give your entire team absurd sustain.
>>
>>333852593

I should mention, Kelvin does have a skill he can use as a bail-out, where he turns into a ball of cold air and stuns/slows people in his path. He moves very quickly using this thing, so I often find myself just using it to run the fuck away.

It's got a fairly long cooldown, though, and he is supposed to constantly be in the thick of things, so if you're running away a lot you're not doing your job, and sometimes you are just fucked because it's on cooldown and some Rath dickhead has you locked down completely.
>>
>>333853447

Her standard fire is one of the more damaging ones, and it seems like you really HAVE to get that helix upgrade where she can drop the shadowfire pillar twice in a row.

Since she's so small, she's at her best when she's lurking behind minions or a Defender.
>>
Phoebe is bad right? I'm not just doing poorly, she's a bad character?
>>
>>333856243
someone just went 11-4 with her so its you.
>>
>>333856243
Someone didn't play closed beta
>>
>>333856474
Not him, but can you tell me why you'd play Pheobe over Rath?

They both do the same job, but Rath has amazing sustain without sacrificing damage, disengage, and can ensure that his team has the middle thrall camp on incursion all game long.
>>
>>333856474
Going 11-4 is good but not special or anything. Anyone can get that if the enemy team is bad enough.
>>
>>333856615
Pheobe got the nerf hammer.
>>
>>333856243
When I first played her I did really good, She get's a skill that adds another strike to her L2 and I threw crit items on her for loads of damage.
>>
>>333856852
no clue I do not have Pheobe unlocked yet. Both do equally good.

>>333856938
It is when everyone else had roughly 1.0 kdr and all 4 deaths came from me wrecking her in the back with hailstorm in a long lane with nowhere to run. Our team won 500-350 and she still wrecked our shit while on the losing team. I never went higher than 26-2 or something like that yet, this is not COD. It takes a bit to kill even the squishiest of squishes unless you are char lvl 12 already and have all epic gear. The only way to successfully gank I have found is to find a lone guy and dump ur ulti along with both skills on him and then finish off with 3-4 seconds of regular attacks. Not everyone is a lvl 1 noob either.
>>
It's basically a poor man's Overwatch with more MOBA memery included.
>>
>>333857409
>Everything is Cuckwatch.
If it is indeed that, why does it have more characters and a single player campaign?
If anything, Cuckwatch is the poor mans Battleborn.
>>
>>333858085

It's about 10 times shittier than Cuckwatch in everyway, including graphics, characters, design, sound, and mechanics. I've played both betas and Battleborn was a Borderlands lite shitfest with MOBA tacked on to it.

>singleplayer

We're supposed to be playing online arena shooters here. Singleplayer is only there for the console faggots.
>>
Why there are so much gearbox shill on /v/?
>>
Sir, You Are Being Hunted robot guy was pretty fun.

Combat medic mushroom thing is my favorite character so far.

Couldn't get the hang of Rath.

Tried Montana in PvE. The whistling sound when his minigun is overheating is the most annoying thing ever.
>>
>>333858483
I fuckin hate memelands but this game is ok. You are trying way too hard to fit in. Although I would not buy this, it should be f2p and so should the other shitty game from blizz be.
>>
File: 1397744349029.png (87 KB, 217x241) Image search: [Google]
1397744349029.png
87 KB, 217x241
>>333843252
I want to unlock the luchador but the robot sniper sucks dick and you have to win 5 games with him to unlock the wrestler.
>>
So how do you guys build characters? I'm trying to create general loadouts for Healers, Tanks, and stuff like that, but I'm not sure what to focus on. Especially for Miko, I like doing damage instead of just being a heal slut.
>>
>>333858915
Kill 50 enemies and get Phoebe. Or try Isic?
>>
>>333859026
Isic is not half bad. You can get him for playing 1 shoddy 30min coop mission, not that hard.
>>
File: 3990e738802192331a28a070efe36531.png (791 KB, 1280x1687) Image search: [Google]
3990e738802192331a28a070efe36531.png
791 KB, 1280x1687
>>333858551
>Tried Montana in PvE. The whistling sound when his minigun is overheating is the most annoying thing ever.
Don't play Turok then

>>333855050
Yeah I saw that, it looked pretty interesting.
>>
>>333843252
I thought I wouldn't but I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

I wish they had released it this month instead of literally on the fucking day the Overwatch beta comes out, which is only a few weeks before the game itself comes out.

El Dragon and Phoebe are the most fun to use for me so far, though I feel like El Dragon's low health pool makes it rough to do much with him
>>
I'm so sick of people using Montana with Miko standing at an unpunishable spot healing him. It seems like every tryhard team runs that combo now and it completely fucks people over.
>>
>>333859560
I feel ya on El Dragon, but you could add some health and shield upgrades to him. I feel pretty much obligated to get his regen and shield upgrades.
>>
I can't believe there are people here actually praising the single player. It's fucking awful. You just run through corridors as waves of enemies fight you and you get the shitty XD quip humor in the background constantly. It barely functions too. Trying to use a melee character in it is awful and the game's engine wasn't designed to just fight horde mode enemies. It's really boring.
>>
>>333858926
increased healing done obviously. then reduced skill cooldown and more skill dmg or whatever. not that hard.
>>
>>333859765
>I ve never played tf2 - the post.
git gud.
>>
>>333856243
Whenever I play her I completely rape face. Her teleport is great for getting around, especially to areas above you, and appearing behind people. She does tons of damage too.
>>
>>333859926
He's just too fun to use for me not to use, but I always get wrecked using him. I destroy people with Rath and Phoebe and just get shat on with El Dragon. His lines and moveset is too amazing though.

>Here's the pin. It's over!

Plus his recall animation is by far the best in the game.
>>
So is the only point of money to buy the gear things to equip on your characters? Should I be spending all my money?

It's a shame that the progress from the beta doesn't transfer. Having to unlock everyone again will be a pain.
>>
File: image_22.jpg (14 KB, 218x222) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
14 KB, 218x222
Fun so far. Matchmaking is taking forever tho...
>>
>>333860612
it doesn't?
dropped
>>
>>333860672
Small player pool at the moment. Soon.jpg
>>
>>333858763
>I'm an oldfag :-)
Kill yourself underage fuck
>>
>>333861000
>strawman
>projecting
wew lad, sure is reddit in here.
>>
>no screenshots
PS Niggers
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1024x576
my younger brother downloaded it on PS4. He played it for half a day straight.
decide to try four matches the next day. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
It's alright.
Say who's that weird punk girl with the eldrich stand?
>>
>>
>>333858436
>characters
Now you're just wrong.
>Design
BB has far more stuff going into it than just modes they ripped off of TF2.
>Sound
Everyone that actually touched the beta has praised the sound design on this.
>Mechanics
Literally, no character plays alike whereas Cuckwatch has a thousand rooty tooty shooty guys.
Eat shit nigger.
>>
>>
>>333860825
Yeah that killed all my interest in the beta too.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
>>333861590
Shayne and Aurox.
>>
>>
>>333861901
Her design is so shit, but she's a lot of fun to use and has a great taunt. Her stand is cool
>>
>>333861901

>Jinx and Aatrox

How creative.
>>
File: 1386733572601.png (814 KB, 848x1299) Image search: [Google]
1386733572601.png
814 KB, 848x1299
>>333860501
I get fucked with him too, but I rarely see wrestlers let alone Luchadors in video games so I guess I can deal with the shame.
>Using clothesline after his Ult
>>
>>333861901
Thanks.
I could never get used to the range Melee guys had. Ended up maining Oscar Mike.

That sniper scope with piercing rounds is fun but his sound clips are grating.
>>
>>333860501
Brotip:
Get the regen shit, the shield upgrades and be always on the move. You should get in, do all the damage you can, hit dropkicks, get your health up and then get the fuck out.

Best way to do so is to get the jump on them with a slam attack, punch some nogs, dropick to sustain yourself, then clotheslide out as soon you get some heat.
>>
>>
>>333861957
>Gun model takes almost a half of the screen

Into the trash it goes.
>>
The artstyle is pure eyecancer.
>>
>have to unlock characters manually

Why
>>
>>333862064
who
>>
Let's not forget the borderlands tier boss intros and fights
>>
And now the assfaggots map
>>
>>
>>333862484
>same dev
oh wow how surprising. honestly it was a lot better than memelands imho. Not more than 2 smirks from me but better than complete cancer in memelands.
>>
>>
The mode where you drive minions into a furnace is way better than the other mode, but holy shit both modes have such obnoxious AI voices

>that stupid furnace constantly repeating shitty lines every two seconds
>the other mode has that robot you're trying to defend constantly grunt and moan every time it takes a hit
>>
Looks like they added a new online mode
>>
I guess I'll try it again, I didn't like the beta last time I tried it, but some months have passed now at least.

Is sword waifu still OP as hell?
>>
>>333843252
The ctt was shit. Unless they made some massive changes im not dropping a penny on this
>>
>>333863243
Is Whisky Foxtrot fun compared to Oscar Mike?
>>
>>333846304
>so much shit going on
I agree with this but I think part of that is because I'm playing on the PS4. If I had mouse+keyboard and could easily and quickly look around, I wouldn't feel this way.

I think it's especially bad for melee characters. I usually lose sight of people easily when trying to smack them and have to look at the radar to see if they went behind me or some shit,
>>
>>333843252
>liking something totalbitchtits likes
>>
When's the PC beta?
>>
>>333864540
I would have to give a shit about him to even know about this. You are an underage e celeb cancer viewer and you pretend to hate it? wew lad.
>>
>>333863998
No, they removed her stun which puts her in a much more reasonable place, however, they added two new characters with the same archetype (tanky, high damage, sticky melee) but they both have stuns, so both of them are pretty much alpha test Phoebe all over again.

Basically, Shayne/Aurox and Galilea are better Phoebes than Phoebe is now.
>>
>>333864186
Did not play him
>>
>>333843252
Is benedict still as broken as a motherfucker? CTT was fuckin shit because of him. Archer chick was fun though
>>
>>333865018
See, that stuff concerns me. If there's anything we learned from Borderlands, it's that Gearbox can't balance for SHIT.
>>
>>333865041
I'm not usually bothered by this sort of thing, but that gun model is fucking xbox hueg
>>
>>333865304
You should see Montana.
>>
>>333865358
he's a big guy
>>
>>333865192
At least it shows they're not deaf; the Phoebe nerf was definitely caused by alpha test feedback.
>>
>>333865948
They surely shouldn't have needed feedback, they could have just looked at the fact she eternally had a 4/1 K/D.
>>
I'm convinced Amra is the best character in the game. Holy shit does she shut people down. Melee characters are completely fucked against her. She has amazing sustain, heals, and damage over time. You basically have to fight her as a team or you'll be fucked in any 1v1 situation thanks to lifesteal and sunspot.

I have yet to fight a team that knows how to deal with her. Her ultimate screws over engages too. Her ability to control space is amazing. I just finished a match going 12-2.

If she gets ahead in levels it is over. The trait that gives you 60% movement speed buff when your shield is up makes her completely unkillable too and her trait that drains all Heat into her secondary fire gives her a melee nuke.
>>
>>333866037
True, but the nerf was specifically to her lvl 1 stun, which was what all the fuss on the feedback forums was about.
>>
Does Reyna have the worst design in video game history?
>>
>>333864447
It that's why most melee characters have a spin. Its still annoying when I'm playing El Dragon and ahve to find everyone after I dive or clothesline.
>>
>>333866614
No, Zarya from Overwatch.
>try to create a big stonk female character
>ends up looking like a dude
Fucking Western devs, I swear.
>>
>>333866614
Now THAT'S how you do THICK. I still think SJW's will complain that she isn't fat enough or have enough manly muscles
>>
File: 1458506083618.jpg (54 KB, 600x686) Image search: [Google]
1458506083618.jpg
54 KB, 600x686
How the fuck do I play it, whaT the fuck is the objective

They throw you in a multiplayer game not telling you a single thing other than kill minions lol

I upgraded my ultimate, why won't it let me use it? Is there a shop? What are these fucking yellow shards for? What the hell am I doing, what are those huge spider things?

Where's the fucking tutorial
>>
>>333864447
Its because the fov is eternally locked to "looking through a cardboard tube".

If you are in melee range and someone moves slightly left or right they are fucking gone.
>>
>>333866785
Zarya doesn't look like a dude at all.
>>
File: RogueCommander_01.jpg (271 KB, 1546x768) Image search: [Google]
RogueCommander_01.jpg
271 KB, 1546x768
>>333866938
>>333866614
>that thickness
UMF
>>
>>333866943
Collect shards, win games
>>
>>333866938
If he voice wasn't so awful she might actually be kinda cool. She has an extremely fat ass and I do like her hair. Plus her super saiyan taunt is great.

It's just the combination of all the tumblr shit plus the BLACK WOMAN WHO NEEDS NO MAN voice is awful
>>
>>333866943]
>Picking Incursion tells you to kill sentries
>Meltdown tells you to sacrifice minions
>Loading screen tells you what the objective is
>The game plays a video before the match starts detailing the objective
I know things can get hectic but are you blind?
>>
>>333866943
You'll get gear to put into loadouts that you can select before the match begins. That is your shop. Shards are the currency, they also build turrets and shit. Spider things are like the towers in MOBAs, the objective you want to destroy, but you can't solo them so don't be suicidal.
>>
Does this beta have anything new from the last one?

Is Pheobe still freewins?

Is Rath still the most fun?
>>
>>333867494
Hey, least we got delicious brown elf.
>>
>>333867494
>Super Saiyan taunt
Oh shit I didn't notice, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>333867682
She was pretty fun but feels like she takes so long to come online.
>>
>>333867648
>Is Pheobe still freewins?
I didn't play the Alpha, but other people in the thread said she got nerfed. I can't use her. Rath has sustain and his sort of stun, Shayne has a stun and constant options to build her shield while also getting stealth. Phoebe has no sustain, no shields, no stealth, only a shitty teleport. Other melee characters outclass her.
>>
>>333868054
>Shayne

That's a new name to me, there must be new characters in the beta. There was 15 in the alpha, iirc.
>>
>>333868224
Pretty sure all the characters are here now, though some take a while because you can't do the story missions to unlock them.
>>
>>333868391
I believe it, I remember the cost to buy a new character was pretty damn high.
>>
How is Attikus?
>>
File: Battleborn_StartScreen_HeroArt.jpg (942 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Battleborn_StartScreen_HeroArt.jpg
942 KB, 1920x1080
>>333868054
Ignoring Tracer and Black Widow since they're overexposed, which game would you say has the better waifus?
>>
>>333843252
Honestly, I'm not good with FPS on consoles, even more when the action is so confused and that the game has atrocious framerate. Doing okay with the Archer but I am really bad with the melee.
That said the game is okay, but it should have been a F2P. I
I'm not ready to pay for that, while games like LOL or SMITE are free. Also, even if you buy the game, will you have to unlock the characters just like in the beta?
>>
>>333868868
overwatch
>>
>>333868868
Overwatch because most of the females are designed solely for fap bait. They didn't really try to do that with Battleborn aside from maybe Phoebe, who I prefer over all the Overwatch females except maybe D'Va.

The thirsty virgin shit is getting old. Why the fuck do people care especially in a FPS? Just fuck off to a booru and enjoy your shitty sfm
>>
>>333868868
League and Dota
>>
>they got rid of Montana's MONTANAAAAA taunt

Dropped before it was even out.
>>
File: Inkling.(Splatoon).full.1883852.jpg (213 KB, 695x695) Image search: [Google]
Inkling.(Splatoon).full.1883852.jpg
213 KB, 695x695
>>333845442
>6 maps at launch is pathetic for a game that's supposed to be living off the multiplayer
Also the single player is a campaign, which means worldbuilding if people are into that sort of thing, or a way of enjoying the game co-operatively with friends without having to worry too much about competition, and the boss battle that's available in the open beta is pretty rad.
>>
>>333869832
No they didn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c40X37PNa0s&nohtml5=False
>>
>>333869945
None of those are the pelvic thrust.
>>
Benedict is fucking prime. Get that augment that lets you shoot 3 hawkeyes and you can demolish anyone. He might be too good based on his crazy damage output.
>>
>>333870318
Benedict in the closed beta was fucking bullshit because permanent flight + damage while in the air.
>>
>>333845442
>6 maps at launch is pathetic for a game that's supposed to be living off the multiplayer.
say that to DOTA and LoL, which are like 60% of the PC gaming market
>>
>>333843252

I posted this on your other thread which died:

I've had more fun on single player than multiplayer. The MP seems messy as fuck and overwhelming. The instructions are not clear either. I've basically gone around killing players, upgrading turrets and killing minions, is that all? I know you're supposed to feed minions or guide them or some shit but I'm not sure. Whatever, it's okay but needs more polish. The first class I played was the archer Thorn and she's been my favorite so far but still the shooting doesn't feel like it has enough oomph, I don't know how to explain it, it's just not satisfying, not sure if it needs more feedback on the controller or something.

Also, I played that character, the melee sword guy from your picture on single player and even though I had the most damage and got the most kills, I still didn't like him that much because he has no defensive abilities, needs a block or something, maybe I'm not playing it right.

The game is okay but definitely not worth $60 and I hope this is not an indication of what Borderlands 3 will be like.
>>
Thank you so much to the anon who suggested going all health and shield regen with El Dragon. His passive gives him more than enough damage. I was completely destroying people mid to late game with him. You definitely have to play him differently than the other melee characters. That dropkick is great and I like the AOE on the slap perk.

Ended up going 13-3 with him. I've pretty much only used melee characters so far and it's not even because they are melee. I just find they all have the best designs. Only non melee I've used much is Ambra
>>
>>333868778

No one has unlocked him yet that I've seen, he's one of the characters that's fucking annoying to unlock because he requires command level 20+, or to kill 800 Jennerit enemies in campaign, which only 1 of the two playable story missions includes. I've done that mission like 5 times and I've only killed ~120.
>>
>>333870453
He has an epic gear that resets all active cooldowns when landing rockets while in midair. Which means you can be spamming homing rockets every 8 seconds and basically never die since you can fly away.
>>
>>333871241
Sounds like you came in wanting Borderlands for some reason. This is a multiplayer orientated game. Also the instructions are pretty damn clear as to what you are supposed to be doing. In Meltdown you need to try to control the two lanes and slowly press forward by taking out enemy turrets and such until they get overwhelmed. The more territory your team is covering the harder it will be for the enemies to deal with you.

I find a lot of the time my teammates have no idea how to play Meltdown. It's way too common for a team to completely ignore one of the lanes, or to go way too deep to try to secure kills. You just want to have major map presence in that mode and try not to let the minions press your side.
>>
>>333870992

They're also F2P sooo

>>333869836

Please don't try and include the single player as a selling point for this game, it's really bad. I can sense an echo of Borderlands campaign in there but nothing in it sticks to the ribs because it's just a slower version of multiplayer unlocks.
>>
>>333871659
>They're also F2P sooo
doesn't stop people spending hundreds of dollars on them
>>
>>333858436
I dunno man I rather pick the weirdos than a bunch of generic fap bait
>>
File: 1376164609304.jpg (204 KB, 815x593) Image search: [Google]
1376164609304.jpg
204 KB, 815x593
>>333871241
>>333867598
If you still don't understand how to play after the explanation then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>333866973
looks like fucking dyke though
>>
>>333871283
El Dragón is my favorite and I'm glad you found a way, anon.
>>
Call of Duty Man and Edgy Samurai Vampire and Robot Chink With Staff That Sucks You Off are overpowered, prove me wrong.
>>
>>333871818

There's a difference between "We don't expect you to pay $40-60 on a multiplayer game with only 6 maps, but there's other stuff we'll charge you for if you're interested.", and "We expect you to pay $60 for a multiplayer game with only 6 maps, but if you wait a while there will be more."

Part of why I didn't pick up Splatoon right away and didn't regret picking it up after they had added more maps and game modes, and probably the same reason I won't pick up Battleborn until they've added the maps they're promising.
>>
At least on the console Caldarius is pretty bad. His TMP has underwhelming dmg output and his energy blades don't do anymore damage than everyone else's melee. I'd imagine he'd be much better on kb+m since you can activate his thrusters while aiming properly and strafe the fuck out of enemies.
>>
>>333872665

Just gotta watch for when Rath pops his ultimate, he's not immune to stuns/being bounced when he uses it, and it fucks over his cooldown if you do. So hold your stun move until he busts it out and then he can't escape.
>>
>>333872665
>oscar mike
>OP
Ebin.
>>
>>333872860
Yeah the only issue I have with the game is that it's hard to control certain characters more than others. Its really hard to hit someone with a shield or shoot rapiers. Also I hate how close the pov is.
>>
>>333872993
>Oscar Mike
>Is literally a clone

Now that is fucking subtle.
>>
When's the PC beta?
>>
>>333873225
Soon
>>
>>333872993
>Burn damage grenade with expanded radius rapes your shields and health in an instant while killing all your bots
>Rifle with tactical rounds absolutely devastating you from every range
>Airstrikes directly out of cloak dealing BONUS rape damage you can't avoid
>He can just cloak instantly and get all his shields back
>Always has such high health and defense he can survive anything you do to him

EXPLAIN THIS
>>
>>333873076
I don't get it
>>
>>333873225
NEVER EVER

>>333872993
Eh I think he can be pretty ridiculous. I really hate how games like this and fighting games always feel a need to throw in the boring as fuck generic character for people too stupid to go outside their comfort zone.

Trying to use a melee character against Oscar can be a nightmare. His shields and cloaking are a pain and he brings a lot to the table for a mode like Meltdown. He has great sustain and it's really easy for him to just back off for a bit and come back in.
>>
>>333873225
I remember the 13th being thrown around in these threads. So I'm gonna guess sometime next week.
>>
>>333873459
>Every military shooter looks exactly the same
>The one character that's a caricature of military shooter protagonists is an actual clone with a generic military term
>>
File: 1431487626311.png (592 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431487626311.png
592 KB, 500x500
>>333873663
I GET IT NOW

He even plays like a military shooter, doesn't he?
>>
>>333873825
Yep
>>
>>333873337
If anyone needs to be be nerfed it's the flying birdshit with LOLHOMING SKILL rockets. His damage output is much higher than other ranged characters while being mobile as fuck, not squishy, and having height advantage in every single skirmish.
>>
File: 1432269207296.jpg (159 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
1432269207296.jpg
159 KB, 800x720
>>333873548
>tfw always play the generic mook looking characters in games because I don't want to be special
>Stryker was my go-to in each game he was in
>I can only identify with nameless or ignored semi-background characters
>>
>>333873548
I think its good for new players. I told my friend to play Mike for an FPS experience since he plays a lot of CoD and it was easy for him to learn the game that way. He ended up dying less than me and I don't know how to feel about that.
>>
>>333873926
Also I forgot to mention that he is the objective overlord since he will rape your minions and buildables with his shield destroying rockets and AoE damge.
>>
It's so fucking bad.
>>
Oscar Mike it
>Strong
>Loyal
>A military man
>Brave
>Funny
>Honest
>Works out
>Knows how to treat a lady
>Can just be cloned if he dies
Is he the perfect husband?
>>
>join a match with a guy obviously talking to a stream chat throughout the game
>he picks Montana
>goes 0-13
What the fuck
>>
Anybody seen this yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aLQNgyeqh8

I actually kind of prefer this style of trailer over Overwatch's stuff.
>>
>>333875647
Montana is just a tank meant to distract you. Ignore him and kill his friends
>>
>>333875657
memes and childhood humor? the characters are called "badass"?
as opposed to a normal story trailer?

Overwatch's saturday morning cartoon feel is for the 12 year old audience and you dont even make it that high.
>>
>>333876679
>memes
What memes?
I'll take something silly and juvenile over Robot SJWs any day.
>>
>>333876679
I like it because it shows me exactly what to expect of the game. It's not trying to be some oh so deep and interesting bullshit that shows nothing about the actual gameplay like Overwatch.
>>
>>333876679
You realize Overwatch's shit is literally just thinly veiled SJW acceptance right? Idiot
>>
>>333871241
>>333872067

I kinda got some of the instructions but I feel as if every one else I've played with is on the same boat. I don't think most people don't know wtf to do in the multiplayer. I see most people treating this like TF2 deathmatch. Also, anything to say about my other points regarding the classes I've played?
>>
>>333877237
Basically. Defend robots and buy turrets to defend base sometimes, or just buy bigger robots. Make sure your robots get to other side of map and kill the other team's big robots. Win.

Other map is..Defend robots and make sure they kill themselves in the grinders while fighting.

The other gamemodes that I don't think is in the beta is a mode without the minions, and it's similar to CP I believe.

I have played neither of those characters so can't comment
>>
>Have to win 5 matches with LLC character to unlock the wrestler
>all the LLC guys suck penis
>>
Single player seems very lackluster to me but gearbox gets points for trying.
>>
>>333878824
Is it bad if I thought unlocking characters in it is neat?
>>
I'd love to play it, but Gearbox decided to be assholes and release it exclusively on Windows 10.
>>
>>333879123
But that's wrong.
You're thinking of gigantic.
>>
Is there a PC beta?
>>
>>333873926
The thing about him that needs to be nerfed the most is his shitty voice. He's obnoxious as fuck and practically unkillable. He can camp in areas most characters can't even reach and melee characters are completely fucked against him
>>
File: 432512411.png (42 KB, 152x200) Image search: [Google]
432512411.png
42 KB, 152x200
>>333879193
Oh shit, my mistake.

When's it coming out? Is it too late to get into the beta?
>>
>>333879312
>>333879283
13th of the month.
Open beta.
>>
>>333879312
Comes out on the 13th, friend. You can play now if you have a PS4.
>>
>>333875657
This trailer almost killed even chance of me trying the beta. I'm glad I ended up actually trying it and realizing it's a ton of fun.

Fuck Gearbox's sense of humor is awful.
>>
>>333877237
If you wanna block play Galilea, she has a shield. Rath has 8% lifesteal on attacks and 10% on abilites. Him being an assassin means he's supposed to target one person, kill them as fast as possible and get out. Blocking will just keep you there longer than needed, plus you can just hack away at bots or go to a healing point to regen. (or down on the d-pad to teleport back to base) Oscar Mike or Whiskey Foxtrot might be what you want with feedback. They use actual guns with the former using automatic and the latter using a 3 shot burst fire. The game is still new, and since its an open beta I'm assuming people new to the genre are playing, so all they think they need to do is kill everyone else.
>>
>almost 15 minutes to get a versus match
jesus
>>
Pretty fun, but holy fuck please give me 60fps.
>>
>>333878745
Phoebe can wreck face in Meltdown. Teleport is a get out of jail free card since you can do it to get ontop of the area in the middle of the two lanes.

I recommend winning with her five times to get to the wrestler. That being said after using her and Rath you might be disappointed with El Dragon. He is by far the coolest of the three, but also definitely the worst.
>>
>>333879312
It releases May 3rd, PS4 beta is live, PC goes live on the 13th.
>>
>>333845442
I appreciate the single player option if only to test out characters a little to find one I like before committing to a match.
>>
>>333879497
YOU CAN FUCKING TELEPORT BACK TO BASE? WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME
>>
I like the game, but it's a giant pain unlocking characters. The starting selection is so small, and new ones take so long to get.
>>
>>333879608
Really? I heard El Dragon was bretty good for raping face
>>
>>333880058
Do you not experiment with buttons or fucking check the controls?
>>
I do like it, but I'm not buying it. Not worth full retail price. Feels like a $20 game to me. Serious lack of content for a full price game.

I'm fine with multilayer focused games, but without the single player story modes it feels like they're ripping you off a bit.
>>
>>333880058
Check out the controls sometime anon. I thought that was the map button until I pressed it during a match.
>>
>>333880262
$60 is a little expensive, yeah. This is the kind of game that really should be FtP like HoS or DoTA. Pay more for the extra characters you like and some skins/loot packs.
>>
>>333880262
>Serious lack of content for a full price game.
>but without the single player story modes
This is weak ass bait. Are you sure you're not in an overwatch thread? Battleborn HAS a single player campaign. With split screen co op to boot.
>>
>>333880238
Never. If I don't see the button clearly labeled infront of me then I'll never bother pressing it.
>>
>Imagining Xbros trying this for the first time

I'm going to dl it on Xboner just to stomp them out
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.