[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>not siding with The Institute I wish the game made them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Fo4-institute-logo-orange.png (102 KB, 390x392) Image search: [Google]
Fo4-institute-logo-orange.png
102 KB, 390x392
>not siding with The Institute

I wish the game made them less blatantly evil i mean they do have a point the synths are just robots.
Even though the karma system is gone i still feel like its still in the game.
>>
>>333829743
they're the most boring of the three
>>
the best thing you can do in this game is get right to the precipice with each faction where your alliances with the other factions aren't hindered.

Never blatantly attack an ally from another faction, even if you're on a mission where you're supposed to be fighting the other. Just run to the objective and keep them friendly. If you did pass some point of no return like the Mass Fusion mission then stop.

Make a save here and go ahead and get a feel for how awful all of the endings are, then just reload into the world where the Institute, Brotherhood, and Railroad are all around and are friendly toward you.

Being forced to kill everybody who isn't your main faction is really lame.
>>
They probably wouldn't be portrayed as evil if things were better explained, like seeing all the research they are doing involving people (synths, FEV and cancelled cyborg implants) it pretty obvious when you connect them together that their goal is improving human beings.
But it's just not properly explained.

For that same reason though I'll never do a Railroad playthrough, I like the faction armour but what happens after they win? What goals do they have beyond 'free the synths' before and after they achieve it? Will Magwhateverthefuck just keep the group going?
>>
>>333830810

On the brink of society's collapse the most important thing there is to do is to save the poor synths from their fleshbag masters.
>>
>Institute is the best! My son told me so!
No, the Institute is for people who believe that an elite few should hold all the power. It's literally the concept of the Illuminati and you fell for it because your son told you to.

And for any other retards defending other factions:

>but the Brotherhood is the right choice!
No, the Brotherhood is for people who believe those who have military supremacy should be leaders. You're probably the same type of person who thinks Israel deserves it's land because they're more powerful than the Arabs they shit on.

>Yeah, well, the Railroad is the right choice anyways...
No, the Railroad is for idealistic liberals who don't give a shit about the place they're living in. You're probably the type of person holding up a "Refugees Welcome!" sign as immigrants flood your awful Eurotrash country.

The Minutemen are the only correct choice.

>Long-term stability.
>Made by the People, for the People.
>No one is forced to surrender anything or give up personal freedoms.
>Actually cares about the region AND it's people.

The Minutemen LITERALLY made the Commonwealth great, and you had the opportunity to make the Commonwealth Great Again.

But you didn't. You handed that responsibility off to a 20-year-old hipster in a hot-air balloon or a council of five dorks sitting at a table instead because you chose to be a moron.

And don't even bother posting in this thread if you picked the Railroad. You're not mature enough for conversation.
>>
>>333831329
Minutemen are the best but also the most boring faction.
>>
>>333831329
Well said Minutemen bro
I got locked into the Minutemen ending because I killed Father the first time I met him. Fuck that guy. And the fake robot son he made, fuck those stupid idiots
>>
>>333831329
In all honesty, what fucking value do concepts like personal freedom have in a place like the Wasteland? I'd sign up for the Institute any day simply because they're the only chance of the world improving in any shape or form beyond the shitshow that it's in. Every other faction can offer stability, but not progress.
>>
>>333831839
>I'd sign up for the Institute any day simply because they're the only chance of the world improving in any shape or form

You do understand that they don't care at all about the world, right? They only care about their own community inside the institute.
>>
>>333832039
Don't they eventually say they want to start terraforming and shit like that?
>>
>>333832039
But when you first walk into where they keep the greens two guys are arguing about whether or not to give a shit about above ground. That itself shows they ain't all so shellfish.
>>
>>333831329
The Minutemen are just you, an autist and and some dumb fuckers with bootleg laser rifles.
Went with Railroad because I'll be damned if I side with murderers or fascists.
>>
>>333829743
One considerable downside to siding with the institue is that it would require you to play the game.
>>
>>333832291
>But when you first walk into where they keep the greens two guys are arguing about whether or not to give a shit about above ground. That itself shows they ain't all so shellfish.

Some people might be nicer than others there, but they repeatedly make it clear (especialyl if you dig) that they don't care about the outside world and only want the people inside the institute to be well off.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.