[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm craving some detective action after L.A. Noire. Is Murdered:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
I'm craving some detective action after L.A. Noire. Is Murdered: Soul Suspect any good?
>>
I dropped it pretty fast. Didn't click with me. Try some frogware sherlock holmes games if you want some detective stuff.
>>
>>333819540
Condemned 1 and 2 are a lot better desu
>>
No, it really isn't. The story is pretty boring and the gameplay is incredibly jank. It's a combination of stealth with inconsistent controls to attack spirits. And the investigation stuff treats you like a child. An example would be a moment where you have to influence a police officer to move and look at some photos. You get a choice of thoughts to give the officer, and one of them is the case in which the pictures are of. That's the wrong answer, instead it's something like thinking of the photos. All the answers are super basic to the point you constantly over think everything.

If you want a decent detective game maybe go try Hotel Dusk or something. Soul Suspect isn't good.
>>
>>333819540
it's awful. about 3 hours long with hardly any redeemable features.
>>333819676
Do what this anon suggested and just play Condemned instead.
>>
>>333819664
There's a lot of them. Which are the best?
>>
File: sherlockcprev01.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sherlockcprev01.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
>>333819540
It's pretty mediocre.

You're better off with Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments.
>>
>>333819837
>Which are the best?

They get better with each iteration. But I would start with Crimes and Punishments.
>>
>>333819676
Are there jumpscares?
>>
>>333819837
The awakened remastered,Sherlock Holmes vs Arsene Lupin, Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper,
the testament of Sherlock Holmes, Crimes and Punishment. I've played these and loved them. The first are kinda outdated but still good. Crimes and Punishment was fucking awesome. There is also a new one coming out in May which seems to improve on the gameplay from Crimes and Punishment although i don't like how the changed sherlock.
>>
>>333820097
Yes.
>>
Still Life is really good. The sequel not so much.
>>
>>333819540
murdered ss is a walking sim with cutscenes and some sparse rudimentary combat
>>
>>333819850
This
Sherlock Holms is way better that LA Noire in my opinion
>>
Try Ace Attorney series. Also, Culpa Innata did facial expressions reading thing years before LA Noire.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/373390/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
What about this game? any good?
>>
File: 1448433935731.jpg (55 KB, 727x392) Image search: [Google]
1448433935731.jpg
55 KB, 727x392
>>333820705
>Culpa Innata
Top tier, m8.
>>
I liked it, but I know I'm probably in the minority. If you can get it for cheap I'd suggest you give it a go. Try something like Ghost Trick or the new Sherlock as well.
>>
>>333819540
>detective action
>Murdered: Soul Suspect
It's not at all what you think it is. Most of it is a collect-a-thon for trophy hunters. It's just a standard videogame.

>>333819774
It's a lot longer than 3 hours if it is your first time playing it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.