[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nothing ever came close after I played it originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: FFT.jpg (70 KB, 621x254) Image search: [Google]
FFT.jpg
70 KB, 621x254
Nothing ever came close after I played it originally
>>
>>333815102

>tfw no amazing fft dev tools to create your own amazing fft from the ground up.

I tried dicking around with the stiff on ffhacktics but you have to work within the constraints of a ps1 game. I want to be able to fucking create crazy new world map and story with new characters but keep the combat and class stuff relatively the same. There is so much potential out there for a game like this to be successful again.

Also zodiac stones are a ripoff of Berserk behelits. Just wanted to share.
>>
FFTA was a lot better, still don't get what the big deal about the first one is meant to be.
Nostalgia I assume.
>>
>>333815714
What about the FFTA?
>>
I played every FFT game and I loved them all. Just sad that there aren't any other games in this "genre" out there that are as good. (at least as far as I know).
>>
File: 1457302633333.jpg (55 KB, 716x520) Image search: [Google]
1457302633333.jpg
55 KB, 716x520
>>333816401
>no FFT MMO
>>
>>333816506
>what is Wakfu
>>
I like Tactics Ogre better, but FFT is a fucking good game too.
>>
I've somehow managed to never play a SRPG before. Should I start with fft, ffta or wotl? I'd be playing them on my vita
>>
>>333815102
Try Tactics Ogre, Anon. It's this game's grandfather.
>>
File: 1448380499347.jpg (72 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1448380499347.jpg
72 KB, 960x640
>>333816506
>I'm not the only one who's always thought this

It makes so much sense. The races, the classes, the environment, it's all so perfect
>>
>>333815102
FFT is my favourite game ever and it is very overrated. The gameplay is broken in so many ways and balance is fucked, difficult spikes and dips all over the place and it's too hard if you don't know what you're doing and way too easy if you do. The storyline is good but it relies on contrivances and while they manage to avoid much padding for levels, there're so many elements that didn't need to be introduced which were, and then were wasted.

Any Tactics Ogre, most Fire Emblems, and even the FFTA games are much better overall packages under examination.

But man, Agrias is my eternal waifu, Ivalice is my favourite setting ever, and there is no game I enjoy breaking open more than FFT.
>>
>>333815102
FFTA is better.
>>
can anyone explain me why this game is so good and it is so talked here ?

i have played all numered FF since im a kid but never got appeal for this one

please someone explain, much apreciated!
>>
File: 1431746751210.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1431746751210.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
Did someone say FFT thread?!?!
>>
just started playing this

everything is great but i feel like im going to have to grind a lot in this game
>>
>>333817886
Only in the variety of classes and balance, the story and atmosphere of FFT is one of the best.
>>
File: 34-capture_29012011_104310.png (57 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
34-capture_29012011_104310.png
57 KB, 512x480
>tfw you first fought this faggot
>>
War of the lions is better
>>
>>333818214
Nah FFTA is much more hands-off with its worldbuilding and therefore much more interesting. Instead of long-ass cutscenes every 5 minutes it builds the world with missions. And the story tackles a much more interesting topic than politics.
>>
I have tried to played FFT 3 times now and every time i saw a video i just saw i just say, no way... why is so good ? it weird i dont want to play a game i have played verybad games that dont appeal my at first but this one is the worst, i dont even want to start due to the vids i saw
>>
File: Agrias_Artwork.jpg (909 KB, 838x1024) Image search: [Google]
Agrias_Artwork.jpg
909 KB, 838x1024
>>333818321
FFTA is horribly broken as well. Spellcasters have 0 charge time on their spells, allowing you to wipe the entire map in 2 turns or less. The whole Judge system is retarded as fuck, forcing you to completely change up your party for EVERY city/town battle in the story and in sidequests. It is also impossible to lose allies when they're killed unless you battle in the lawless outlands.
>>
>tfw no FFT2

I tried to play Advanced but I just hated the narrative structure, how light-hearted it was, and the gameplay changes.

At least SE recognizes FFT exists with Ramza, maybe there's still hope. If only they could get Matsuno back.
>>
>>333817886
Not really. The story, setting and characters in FFTA are a complete joke.
FFTA is slightly more balanced, but the depth of customization is completely lost.

>>333817998
The story is deeper, more emotional, and more complex than most other FFs. On top of which, it offers a lot of fun in the way you can mix/match character jobs/classes/abilities and experiment with things.
>>
>>333816401
Tactics Ogre
>>
>>333818125
Depends. Are you good at SRPG and pattern recognition? Then not even once.

Are you shitty at strategy games, and require spoonfeeding? Then grind in chapter 3. Trust me.
>>
>>333818321
The theme might have been inherently more interesting, that doesn't me it was handled as well as the political intrigue in FFT.
>>
>>333816557
Wakfu is shit.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (93 KB, 480x359) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
93 KB, 480x359
>chillin 'n relaxing while trying to save some bitch in a castle
>this cunt shows up
Sure is well designed game you got there.
>>
>>333816401
Hoshigami. Vanguard Bandits. Kartia. Tactics Ogre. Even Fire Emblem.
>>
>>333817219
Skip FFTA. It's trash-tier at best compared to FFT.

FFT is a great game, but suffers from balance issues. WOTL fixes a lot of those, and the retranslation is probably better in about 99% of places. It introduces slowdown, though.

I think there's a patch that fixes the PSX .iso to have the WOTL translation. There might even be a balance patch to fix the ability speeds/costs, but I'm not sure about that one.

I'd say emulate with a patch > WOTL > FFT >>>>>>> FFTA
>>
>>333818785
As much as I hated having to restart the game because of the sudden difficulty spike I still found is compelling enough to see to the end. I'll be damned if I wasn't rewarded for it.
>>
>>333818785
>fags shit on this one fight because they were too dumb to use strategy for the first 70% of the game
Seriously, not even that hard.
>>
File: Sage.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
5/10
>>
>>333815781

The story of FFTA was retarded and juvenile, and the Law system literally punished you from playing the game.

The biggest sin the original game had was that--with the exception of maybe four or five battles--the game was piss easy. Also, the translation came from that late-90's era of wonky-ness.
>>
>>333818321
I agree, especially about the more interesting story. It's "MC from modern setting teleported to fantasy world" done right imo. Like most of these settings, the MC tries to find a way home, but at least the game's story offers actually compelling reasons to stay for some of the characters like
>Ritz is no longer made fun of for her white hair, fits in with the Viera, whos see white hair as a blessing
>Doned is no longer a sickly cripple
>Mewt is no longer bullied and instead finds that he is a prince, his mom is alive, and his dad is finally someone important, no longer a grunt

I was impressed that the game tried to avoid detachment from the gravity of the situation by having at least half his friends try to stop him from returning the world back to normal at first, I may be overanalyzing but the story felt pretty fresh to me at the time
>>
iirc the creator of fft is gone no?
same like front mission series
>>
>>333819335
I don't think I'll ever play through one of the tactics advanced games unless they make a remake or something
Honestly, I don't like how classes are different for each race. I liked the idea that anyone in my party could become anything if I put in the effort
>>
>>333819464
Well, some races shared classes, like human and moogle could both be thief, nu mou and moogle could both be beast masters, viera and human could both be archers, are examples i can think of off the top of my head, so the customization is still there to an extent, i just see it as a way for you to diversify units differently i suppose
>>
I like marche but not the other characters
>>
>>333819653
Yeah I suppose that's true. Maybe I'm just a xenophobe. The ideas of moogles and bunnies being on my team just doesn't sit well
>>
>>333816169
We don't talk about FFTA
>>
>>333816506
Are you kidding? FFXIV is basically ivalice the MMO, you have npcs with the same names and even the new jobs rolled out in the expansion are straight up lifted from FFT's olan, mustadio and gaf.
>>
>>333817795
I disagree, mainly because of the challenges you can pull off with it.

SCCs, Double Dares, etc. It can be fun and challenging in the right ways if you're willing to meet the mechanics halfway about things.
>>
>>333818243
Fuck, there goes my PTSD.

First time through the game, I was very stupidly NOT saving when entering multi-stage fights. The only way I was able to win was by having Ranma run around Yelling and Accumulating while downing a shitload of Hi Potions to keep ahead of Weigraf's damage curve.
>>
>>333819096
Oh fuck off. If you don't have the right skills and don't have something to protect you from lightning damage, you're fucked. You have no way of knowing it's coming, you can't prepare for it unless you're following a walkthrough or some shit. It is very possible to get stuck at that point if you're unprepared. Don't give me that git gud shit.

Love FFT and I still play the fuck out of it, but back in the day when it first came out and 15 year old me didn't know what he was getting into, that part was bullshit.
>>
>>333815102
But it's overrated shit, both in gameplay and story FE>Tactis
>>
>>333821490

(You)
>>
you can't have sex underwater
>>
>>333815714
the whole game had a Berserk feel to me honestly
>>
File: qknight.png (716 KB, 974x1226) Image search: [Google]
qknight.png
716 KB, 974x1226
Those different chocobo were theoretically useful. But you had to leave out an entire other character to include them unfortunately.

I think there should've been some kinda work-around. Like you could call in a chocobo. But it was an item, or a ability slot. And calling it in took a turn.

AH WELL
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.