[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game? for me it's a pretty nice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (189 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
189 KB, 1280x720
What does /v/ think of this game?
for me it's a pretty nice experience, cracked with all the dlcs unlocked and me and my friend have a lot of fun with the local multiplayer
>>
>>333794547
It was basically my first DoA.

I didn't play it much, but then I had no one to really play it with. I really wanted to get into it but it was pretty difficult to learn actually. Maybe if I had a fightpad or a fight stick, I would've tried, but all I had was a standard PS3 controller. Seems like 3D fighting games aren't my forte.

That's not to say that I didn't like it. Seemed fun as fuck anyway and like a great, well-made game. Makes me want to go back and play the old DOA games. I kinda want to install it again and finish the storymode at least.
>>
ive gotten gud at SF and KOF.

Dead or Alive plays completely different. But i can see the potential for very high level play even though i cant get gud at it. the hot chicks are just a plus.
>>
>>333796243
>Dead or Alive plays completely different
No kidding.

I'm not good at SF yet, but that game more or less clicks with me and I plan on buying SFV eventually and gitting gud. I "get" 2D fighters way more than 3D ones.

>But i can see the potential for very high level play even though i cant get gud at it. the hot chicks are just a plus.
Yeah I don't know how anyone could say that DOA isn't a fighting game when it very obviously has the sort of deep, technical, highly-skill based gameplay that's very typical of fighters. It's very challenging to git gud at imo. I think people are just stupid and are distracted by the tits and overlook the gameplay.

That doesn't excuse shit like DOAX however.
>>
As my first real fighter, it's pretty fun
Momiji a beautiful
>>
I got up to S rank with Brad Wong on DoA 4. My damn 360 still has recordings of my matches. Used Brad as main with Jahn Lee and Helena/Christie as secondary characters.

Never played the newest one, but have heard it's dlc intense. All optional mind you, but some of those costumes would have been nice to have in the base game. Meh most games are just dlc shit now a days.
>>
pretty good, easily better than Tekken.
>>
>>333794547
It's the first serious DoA in terms of system mechanics. KT tried to move it towards how VF plays.
>>
Played 3 a few times but this was really my first DOA game. Surprisingly good fighter considering how much shit it gets for it's fanservice.
>>
Definitely the most entertaining to watch if you ask me.
>>
>>333799631
that's the problem, the nignog capcuck evo audience won't even blink an eye at it because hur dur tits and that it's not bribed into big tournaments.
>>
>>333799282
Well to be fair, a majority of the costumes were made LONG after release. But yeah DLC out the fucking wazoo. I have Naotora and she's neat but I need to just buy LR on PS4 already.
>>
>>333794547
It's too sexist and objectifying women.
>>
>>333799681
Mila is fun to play.
>>
>>333799729
It was at Final Round tho. The bigger supports seem to be EC and mid-west.
>>
>>333799960
was it? interesting I always heard it was largely bullied out in the western scene entirely.
>>
Been a fan of DOA since playing 2 on the Dreamcast. DOA5 is great fun, but I kind of miss the art style of the older games. Enjoying the DLC fighters breathing some new life into the game every few months, I like being able to get back into it while learning a new character and using them against friends. Little salty about some costumes from previous games being DLC.

Ayane will always be best girl
>>
File: 1443885145775.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443885145775.jpg
557 KB, 1920x1080
>>333800010
Final Round 19 - Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Top 8: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75r_Dza-RC4cHoPSITpx30bT
>>
I stopped when they jumped the shark and added those two ugly as fuck moe girls
>>
File: rig.webm (2 MB, 960x462) Image search: [Google]
rig.webm
2 MB, 960x462
>>333794547
>tfw pinning people down with Rig's bending stance mix-ups
most fun character
>>
File: SCARY.gif (2 MB, 419x416) Image search: [Google]
SCARY.gif
2 MB, 419x416
Same faggot from >>333799282, but I also didn't think the game would be any good without pizza face man.

NG 3 kinda validated my concerns, but is this worth giving a go? Checking the roster I do see Brad is in and even has a new hand stand stance.
>>
>>333800437
It's a very solid game anon. Most people that I've seen seem to prefer 5 to the earlier games.
>>
>>333800437
I will never get itagaki dickriders. He only ever made one good game and it was NG/NGB, DOA was never good until DOA5, NG2 was terrible, DOAX1/2 were both bad.

Hayashi's only bad game was NG3 vanilla, NG3RE while not perfect was fairly decent.
>>
>>333800685
>DOA was never good until DOA5

DOA4 wasn't bad at all
>>
File: 1453489922315.jpg (337 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453489922315.jpg
337 KB, 683x1024
I started playing Core Fighters last week and I'm amazed at how much game they're giving away in there. Blows the fuck out of SFV in that regard. Training mode with ALL the frame data, a really good tutorial that made me feel ready to play, a shitload of individual character trials, the usual VS/ARCADE/SURVIVAL modes to help nail things to muscle memory in a stress free place with surprisingly good CPUs, etc

Rounds go pretty fast, high damage and momentum, but holds make it feel like theres something everyone can do against everything. I dont know how cheap DoA gets but it feels fair looking at it at the entry level.

I thought it was kusoge just because of the waifu focus but its shockingly good really
>>
>>333800685
DOA 1 was worse than Tekken but better than Virtua Fighter 2. DOA2 was just plain fun, despite the lack of any actual tech.

DOA3 was hamstrung by the fact it launched on the Xbox with the fucking Duke controller. Killed all hype for it.

DOA4 was a step back.
>>
>>333799631
3 was pretty good but ultimate was miles better imo
and 4 was just too much for me to handle back then, it was everything i liked about 3 and ultimate, but more of it

then 5 came out, and i even got the collector's edition... but i found it felt kinda off. even the people i used to play doa with didnt like it as much as 4. maybe last round is different, idunno. the only character i really enjoyed playing was mila. used to play ryu and ayane but...
>>
File: 1456870571369.jpg (691 KB, 1280x1076) Image search: [Google]
1456870571369.jpg
691 KB, 1280x1076
>>333800685
Itagaki is a no-nonsense type of guy

He knows what he likes and what he likes, he adds to the game. He's not immune to dumbfuck decisions (he wanted to remove tag from doa5 just because, he wanted ryu-only in NG games) but he was the most and, possibly only, anti design-by-committee head in tecmo.
>>
>>333801205
>he wanted ryu-only in NG games
Now to be fair, it's not like the other characters play differently enough, save for maybe Momiji and Ayane in NG3:RE to really justify being playable. They all feel shallow as fuck compared to Ryu, to the point where you have to feel like they should just focus on Ryu instead of wasting money on creating inferior characters.

I wouldn't be against other characters in NG if they actually played significantly differently and had more than one weapon and ninpo.
>>
>>333799879

Yeah, I meant the game is the most entertaining fighting game to watch, character animations and fighting styles are great.

Mila and Rig are my mains, gotta love Mila's ground and pound and Rig's insane kicks.
>>
>>333801691
bump
>>
>>333794547
I was told that Core Fighters would let you buy all the content for the same total price as buying the normal game. What a crock of shit. Just a few characters in the CF version is already more expensive than the main game, there's no discounted "buy everything" pack, and you can't even get some characters because they're not available in the fucking store, like Naotora.
>>
>>333804886

Koei Tecmo is DLC central
>>
it made my dick hard as diamonds
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.