[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is this game /v/? I've heard nothing but good things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Radiant_Historia_Cover_Art.jpg (29 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
Radiant_Historia_Cover_Art.jpg
29 KB, 250x225
How good is this game /v/?
I've heard nothing but good things about it but my roommate has just been rushing everything while being underleveled and abusing save states and it doesn't look that fun. Is it actually fun to play the game correctly?
>>
>>333629539
Yes.

Make sure to use the characters with little availabilty as much as you can, they are the better ones.

Avoid using aht.
>>
File: RH Spider.png (39 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
RH Spider.png
39 KB, 512x384
>>333629539
It's a fun game with a nice plot. The main focus is to move enemies around on the grid and then combo them for a ton of damage, which is one of the better JRPG combat systems and the ability to pass a turn now for a longer combo later on can have you rack up some absolutely massive hits.

Only real bad points of the game I can think of are the relatively rare full grid enemies, where you can't maneuver them at all and it just becomes a DPS race.

Generally the later a character comes the better they are once you level grind them. Stocke, and Raynie are serviceable but Rosch, Eruka, Aht and Gafka are better in pretty much every way. Marco is just shit all the time.
>>
>>333630131
Yeah Rorsch looks like a character I would always have in my party if available. How is the alternate timeline thing played out? It looked pretty cool when I watched my roommate but I didn't see too too much of it.
>>
>>333630407
Aht is shit and the game forces ber on you all the time.

The rest are fine.

Marco is the best healer, but you don't really need that.

Rosch is basically debuffs while attacking and hits like a truck.

Gafka is hits like a truck and combos

Eruca is magic powerhouse.
>>
>>333630407
The idea is there are two timelines and what's done in one will alter the other. One of the earliest examples is a demolitions expert in timeline A is killed by bandits while you were off somewhere else so you can't collapse a tunnel. So you go to timeline B and save him from the bandits, thus ensuring that he arrives in timeline A and you can continue the plot.

It's not quite like FFXIII-2 or Chrono Trigger where you can go wherever. The plot is still very linear and timeline switches are mostly just done when you reach a lock in one timeline. It's also worth noting that the game has decisions but they're all pretty pointless, making a wrong choice will just dump you to a game over screen pretty much immediately and tell you to go back and pick the other one.
>>
yeah. it's like a better version of chrono trigger.
>>
>>333629539
>rushing everything while being underleveled and abusing save states and it doesn't look that fun.
The final boss will destroy him. I did close to that minus the save states but I was definitely underleveled. Is he using Aht-based bombs to do most of his damage?
>>
File: pepe_questioning.jpg (8 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe_questioning.jpg
8 KB, 217x250
>>333631068
>better version of chrono trigger.
>>
>Two timelines
>you constantly switch between the two because stuff needs to happen elsewhere to proceed in another timeline
>the same applies to all the sidequests
>a few of the bad endings are pretty interesting

I wouldn't bumrush it or the final boss will fucking destroy you especially if you are an aht-using shitter.

Don't neglet low availability characters because they catch up fast if you use them as much as possible, Rosch, Eruca and Gafka are prime examples of this, all have shaky availability, especially Rosch, but are among the best characters in the game.
>>
>>333629539
If you ever drop it expect to start from beginning because you have fuck all to go with regarding what to do or what sidequests and shit you've done.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.