[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformation Update! >Good day loyal backers! It’s been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9
File: 1459756462669.png (637 KB, 1227x1039) Image search: [Google]
1459756462669.png
637 KB, 1227x1039
Transformation Update!

>Good day loyal backers! It’s been a while since our last update. The reason is WORK! It’s been a madhouse over here as we move ahead at a feverish pace towards our Pre-Alpha goal. We’ve enlisted help from several of our go-to partners from all over the globe to help get the job done. Half-Genie Hero is in production 24 hours a day - literally ‘round the clock! It’s awesome and exhausting at the same time.

You might be asking, “is this normal?” Yes! This is often what the end of a major development effort looks like, and we’re no strangers to it. The major risks have been conquered, the fun is firmly in place, and all that remains is to bring each piece of the game to its final version, which takes nothing less than a TON of muscle.

Where that puts us today: We should be content complete in about 2 months, with another month of testing after that. Also expect 3 weeks in there for translations and ratings too, which can only happen once we’re done making content. These things can overlap, but it doesn’t always work out that way which is why we can’t give a firm release date (yet). Our best guess is that we’ll be submitting to 1st parties (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and Valve) in July. We know that it’s been difficult to wait for so long, but ask that you endure with us to the end!
>>
File: spider idle.gif (705 KB, 205x258) Image search: [Google]
spider idle.gif
705 KB, 205x258
Mythological Transformations!

And now, more details about the game! Half-Genie Hero will feature 5 main “Animal Transformations”, and 3 additional “Mythological Forms”, bringing the grand total up to 8 (Okay, 9 if you backed the Tinkerbat Form Reward Tier, which will be delivered via download code). The first of these mythological forms is the Spider Form! As a spider, Shantae can crawl on ceilings and shoot venom. And unlike the classic Game Boy version, she can also fire webs and climb them. Here are some of her animations for you to enjoy! As for the other transformations, we’d like to keep a few surprises for later. We want you to have something left to discover in the final game and not spoil everything in these updates!
>>
File: sc1.png (282 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
sc1.png
282 KB, 638x359
Screen Shots!

Our “scary themed” areas are coming along beautifully, as you can see here. And, we’ve got some additional samples of the destruction Risky Boots is delivering on to the kindly people of Scuttle Town. Shantae’s not going to stand for this! We’re currently working on the final area of the game, and the Final Boss. As you’d expect it is EPIC, and nope... it’s not going to appear in a future update (sorry!). Again, our goal is to keep updates as spoiler-free as possible!
>>
File: sc2.png (356 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
sc2.png
356 KB, 638x359
PS3 and 360 versions

Backer Surveys are in, and only a handful of backers have selected the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. We’re strongly considering postponing the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. This would remove two sizable obstacles to launch, which already includes submitting PS4, XB1, Wii U, Steam for Windows PC, and Vita to multiple regions. It’s a ton of work, and if we can put off the 360 and PS3 versions, it will help.

Now, we can’t tell how many Backers would be negatively affected by this, as most of the accounts with 360/PS3 preference have been inactive since the campaign ended. But we know that at least a few of you have updated recently and selected 360/PS3. If you are one of these people, and switching to another platform isn’t an option for you, please contact us at [email protected]. This is an ever-changing industry, and our development spans a transitional time for the home console market.

Thanks! See you next update!
>>
File: spiderwalk.gif (368 KB, 251x265) Image search: [Google]
spiderwalk.gif
368 KB, 251x265
>>
File: spidercrawl.gif (306 KB, 235x192) Image search: [Google]
spidercrawl.gif
306 KB, 235x192
>>
File: spidercrouch.gif (607 KB, 229x188) Image search: [Google]
spidercrouch.gif
607 KB, 229x188
>>
File: 1446862054168.png (201 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1446862054168.png
201 KB, 600x600
>>333558313
Consoles!

It's always consoles!
>>
>>333558313
so vita version's not delayed anymore? that's cool
>>
File: 1459663508501.png (521 KB, 768x985) Image search: [Google]
1459663508501.png
521 KB, 768x985
>play Shantae GBC because fapping to Shantae, excited for Pirate's Curse and love Metroidvania
>get to desert dungeon and get transformation
>get distracted with life and not play for a long time
>go back and am at desert save point
>don't remember if I actually finished the dungeon or not
>don't remember where to go or what I should do next
>don't remember if virtual console restore point or regular save is further in the game

Help
>>
>>333560848

Check your inventory for Macguffins.
>>
>>333558313
What about the 3ds?
>>
>>333561159

No 3DS version.
>>
>>333565035

Press start you dingbat.
>>
>>333565116
I think that guy was meaning to respond to the post above his.

I did check the inventory and only had the first macguffin thing so I guess I haven't beaten the boss yet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.