[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you like this game /v/? what makes it fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Ocarina-of-Time2.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Ocarina-of-Time2.png
1 MB, 1366x768
why do you like this game /v/? what makes it fun
>>
>>333528459
Memorable characters, varied combat system with lots of items, enemies can be puzzling or straight up challenging, beautifully rendered environments and fitting music, engaging bosses with differing design elements and gameplay elements which are each memorable in their own way, exploration of an open world where everything exists even if you're not supposed to be there yet... to name a few things.
>>
>>333528459
It's perfectly paced action adventure. Thats it basically. The story is barebones, the characters are cardboard cutouts but they all do their job, and it doesn't hurt to have a GOAT soundtrack.

It's the only game in existence that I can think of, where the quality is constantly increasing right to the credits. It's like a perfect ramp of intrigue and difficulty, excitement and stakes. It's probably the most 'perfect' game ever made. Not necessarily my favourite, but it honestly has little to no flaws.
>>
>>333529820
>perfectly paced
Mate, there's a lot of things OoT did right but pacing is not one of them.
>>
It does not enough wrong to hate it and just enough right to like it
>>
File: 295830583.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
295830583.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
Majora's Mask is better right guys?
>>
>>333528459
I didn't like it all that much, played it on (real) n64 four years ago. It really does have a lot of flaws. There were some good parts, especially the water temple which is the best proper 3D puzzle in the game. The fire temple was another fun environment.

Much of the rest really is too simple. The fighting, for example, is really simple. Pretty much anything will die if you hit it three times and none of the enemies are any danger to you. The dungeons are small, puzzles are obvious, and some are just time wasters - 'find the switch and press it to open the door.' Shooting an arrow at a switch is not a puzzle!
>>
>>333528459
It wasn't fun. I'm glad I got to sell the 3DS version at the same price I paid for it.
It was just clunky and derivative as hell.
>>
>>333528459

In 1998 there was nothing like Zelda OOT and everything it had was done perfectly. 3D combat, 3D dungeons, 3D movement, items, quests, sidequests, characters, story, evil guy, bosses, soundtrack, open overworld, Epona, going fucking fishing, hundreds of secrets...

You can't name a most perfect and innovative game at that age.
>>
>>333528459
I had nothing else to do after school, literally.

Besides going to school playing with friends afterwards school, eating at home, doing homework, sleeping waiting for tomorrow I had nothing else to do but play videogames.
>>
>>333530038
i like them both but have a tougher time replaying MM
>>
I always felt OoT's jump to 3D was premature. It felt like a step backwards from LTTP. The dungeons were in 3D but mostly operated like 2D dungeons, with the depth only being used in multiple floorings. LTTP already had dungeons of multiple floors, so it didn't really seem well utilized. It wasn't until MM where you had dungeons that felt like they couldn't have been done in 2D because of how they were designed. MM also strayed enough from the old formula to feel fresh. It was by and far the better game
>>
File: Forest.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Forest.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6nJysVtCrM

EH REH EH REH
>>
File: latest[2].png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>333528459
It's hard to explain to the uninitiated.

Whether I try to justify it by highlighting how revolutionary it was, or just declare that it's simple nostalgia, there's something truly magical about Ocarina Of Time.

It's by no means perfect, but I will never forget my first encounter with Gohma, or the first time I entered Hyrule Field.

It's the same kind of feeling you get from touching down on Tallon IV for the first time. Words fail to describe it. You just have to feel it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.