[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth to buy GTA V only for multiplayer? I dont really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
Is it worth to buy GTA V only for multiplayer? I dont really want to waste 60euro on nothing. I'm more of a guy who plays online competitive games and i didnt play the singleplayer too much. I'd buy it only for multiplayer because i heard it is good.
>>
>>333499404
If you have friends to play with? Definitely.
>>
The multiplayer is a grindfest that is only fun with friends
For multiplayer, I'd get something else. GTA has and always will be a singleplayer focused game about stealing cars
>>
File: 1438747203963.jpg (17 KB, 409x377) Image search: [Google]
1438747203963.jpg
17 KB, 409x377
Nononononononono

>Heists are horrible
>if one player dies when your teams life pool is zero, instant failure
>horrible checkpoint and payout in Heists
>the guy with triple ping will die constantly to the bots
>absolutely zero teamwork
>grindy as fuck
>only a few missions are fun
>Armored Karumas everywhere
>you get punished hard for wrecking other players' cars
>in fucking GTA
>robbing convenience stores gets boring fast
>grindy AS FUCK
>hackers everywhere
>children in the plenty
>lots of players that WILL not speak your language
>>
i don't know, do you like brazilians? because you'll be swimming in hues and jaja's
>>
File: 1452965281611.jpg (68 KB, 370x487) Image search: [Google]
1452965281611.jpg
68 KB, 370x487
>>333500781
>Armored Karumas everywhere
This.

Since you can't pug heists you have to farm missions.

Missions are now just everyone getting into a karuma and shoot from the windows. So fucking boring.
>>
>>333499404
although single player may seem fun from afar, its shallow, soulless and very short. so ure basically paying for the multiplayer (which is fun).
>>
its not worth the grind, or the waiting in menu's simulator.

>armored karumas everywhere
they are weak to stickys, and proxies, and rpg, and homing... suprised not alot of people use the insurgent, I even survived a hacker nuking everyone in one because it can take a few explosives.

>missions are bad because karuma
solo you fucking noobs.

either which way I was done with this game a month ago.
>>
>driving a fast agile bike
>headshot people with my sawed off shotgun

Heists are a pain because most players can't drive or shoot
so just bully them
>>
>>333499404
>60euro
Im quite sure the game is against sharia law
>>
>>333502189
>solo
It's only fun to solo a mission once. There's no point in replaying it solo because it's more efficient to pug it and mission quality isn't good enough to justify playing it again efficiently for $$. Also soloing it while driving around in your karuma shooting from the windows doesn't count. That's so fucking gay.

Kurumas have killed all pve joy for me.

Online is shit if you don't have any friends logged on. Even then once you guys experience everything the only fun part is being with friends
>>
>>333503003
enjoy your bully only lobby
>>
File: w59w2IF.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
w59w2IF.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1200
>>333499404
Join a fun crew like rGTA Cruises for themed events. That's what keeps the game going for me.

Here's a picture from one of the airshow/ military cruises I attended.

reddit com /r/GTAV_Cruises
>>
>>333504270
why that tank looks like a german ww2 tank? are the leftists of rockstar making a commentary about or foreign policy
>>
>>333504270
>reddit crew
>actually unironically going to reddit and joining their crews
>directly linking reddit

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>join heist
>host locked it to first person perspective and made you the driver
>>
>>333504479
It's based off the current german tank
>>
It'd be worth it if R* didn't kill shit like FiveM.
>>
>>333504851
xD c: :3
>>
>>333500716
>GTA has and always will be a singleplayer focused game about stealing cars

Not anymore. Since they made more money from shark card sales then they made from any GTA game ever sold, you can bet they will focus on online from now on.
Just look at how they originally said they would announce their plans for singleplayer DLC and then just kept silent about it and cancelled the singleplayer dlc because they noticed it was much easier to make money by releasing small GTAO updates to keep people playing.
>>
>>333506150
Fuck back off to reddit, redditfag. You're probably even underaged too.
>>
>>333504479
this guy lmao
>>
File: 1458045971035.jpg (265 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1458045971035.jpg
265 KB, 500x740
>>333506189
>tfw unused voice clips for a heist mission that never happened.
>>
File: jackie stallone 92 years old.jpg (66 KB, 480x563) Image search: [Google]
jackie stallone 92 years old.jpg
66 KB, 480x563
>tfw my heist crew for PS4 hasn't been on GTA in weeks
>tfw only ever get invited to shitty setup missions with level 12 players anymore
If anyone wants to do heists or whatever on PS4 I can post my PSN.
>>
>>333504479
>why does that tank look like a german WW2 tank?
It doesn't.
>>
>joining pug heists
>playing heists on anything but the hardest difficulty

Why do people do this?
>>
lolno. The multiplayer is the worst aspect of the game.
>>
File: 1459672707356.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1459672707356.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>333506150
Fuck off retard
>>
>>333503805
>implying bully lobbies aren't better
Everyone going around causing mayhem. The way it should be.
>>
>>333505413
They ruined the game when they made it forced perspective. I want to play third person and literally no one else does anymore.
>>
>>333500781
this
>>
No its utter dogshit online
>>
>>333500781
>you get punished hard for wrecking other players' cars
they turned off insurance and bad boy points on pc because modders could spoof insurance claims and cost you millions in a matter of seconds and get you banned because of bad boy points. thank modders for making the game slightly better.
>>
>>333499404
GTA online is a cashcow grind fest that borders F2P levels of marketing.

When people tried to mod the singleplayer into a multiplayer experience, Take 2 hired literal private investigators to go to the devs' houses and threaten them with bullshit lawsuits.

FiveM got shut down because they used GTAO assets and avoided antipiracy measures. Both against Terms of Service, fair enough.

T2 wanted to shut down GTA:MP for the same reasons, except they didn't do any of that shit and relied on singleplayer assets. When T2 got called out on their bullshit, they still threatened to sue and eventually got them shut down because the devs didn't want to pay for lawyers.

Some other teams are working on JC3 multiplayer. Both Square and Avalanche are okay with them modding the game.
>>
its ok
>>
>>333499404
fuck no
>>
>>333499404
No, the multiplayer is seriously lacking. Freemode is pretty bland when you're just driving around, avoiding hackers and shit

missions are tedious, give low payouts and the AI is fucking artificial as shit.
>>
>>333512901
A hacker dumped 4 million dollars on my head and idk if thats illegal or bad or what ever but I bought a bunch of new houses, cars and shit
>>
>>333510118
oh man that is better, no wonder my proteus has been killed like 7 times with no recourse
>>
The online is boring as fuck. Even with friends, it gets stale doing the same goddamn shit again and again. Can't even have fun by pratfalling around since it seems to only work in single player.
>>
If you don't have anyone to play with no. And you need 4 people for most missions so keep that in mind.

>Start game
>30 seconds to load to main menu
>Choose online
>1m30s seconds to load to online game
>try to find and join online mission
>25 seconds later, lose connection or game full
>try to find and join online mission
>40 seconds later get into lobby
>game start
>play for 3 minutes
>someone dies
>reload everything for 40 seconds
>host leaves when game starts
>1m30s to reload back into another random lobby to start all over again

No exaggeration
>>
>>333513018
money hacking is absolutely necessary to enjoy the majority of content the game has without spending absolutely ludicrous sums of real money or making the game your second job grinding boring monotonous shit over and over so you can afford the next overpriced thing
>>
>>333513330
This

Everyone told me "works fine get and SSD" then I got an 850 EVO pro, put GTA5 on it, and it still loads ass slow

its the biggest turn off for me doing any kind of mission in this game. The load times are absolutely horrendous especially when someone leaves the game then I have to wait 2 minutes just to get back into free mode or it just flat out kicks me to the main menu.

They seriously didn't optimize how fast this shit loads its annoying as fuck.
>>
>>333513594
the load times online is the game connecting to servers. rather it is connecting to every single person in a server because the networking is ad-hoc p2p. you can test this by joining solo private session versus a 30 player one.
>>
>>333513018
um...

you may want to contact RS

people have gotten auto banned because the game detected modded money(idk if this was changed)
>>
>>333499404
You need friends. Ideally 3 others minimum. Online is all I play, don't even load sp anymore.
>>
>>333514070
what the fuck

why can't they just do regular servers like everyone else does?

I can connect to 100 other multiplayer games with 100+ servers and be fine

but I can't connect to GTA5 online with 4 other people in a mission in a reasonable amount of time because fuck me right? I have to wait and load 2 minutes every single fucking time I join, leave, load, or run a mission

>>333514197
well I'm fucked then since I got that money dropped on me a week ago and I blew it all
>>
>>333500781
>>lots of players that WILL not speak your language
This is the worst
God damn chinese and Russians everywhere
BUILD FIREWALL
>>
>Join custom game lobby
>Friend invited his gaggle of assholes along
>They're the no-fun everything has to be my way kind of faggot
>Pressure the host to lock it into first person
>They freak out and start going "NO NO NO NO"
>Game starts
>Host locked it to FPS last second
>They all chimp out and leave
>>
>>333513330
You're forgetting the
>lost connection to the server
>returning to singleplayer
>load singleplayer for 1m30s
>open menu
>choose online
>load online lobby for 1m30s
>>
>>333514340
wait no sorry.

just checked RS stopped because they knew they fucked up. sorry for the false alarm anon
>>
I actually bought the game because I couldn't be arsed with the piracy hassle that was back then and I also told myself that I will play the multiplayer

Oh boy, was I wrong. I didn't even create the character. 100%ed the game and never touched it since.
>>
>>333514664
thank fuck

I hope I run into another because I got my eye on one of those neat homes up in hollywood
>>
>>333514730
Keep an eye on the chat to see if people are talking about money bags dropping and then go to their location.
Just don't ask about it in the chat, so you leave no proof you are aware of the hack and you want money from hackers.

Got myself the most expensive yacht this way.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (989 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
989 KB, 1920x1080
>>333500781
>No, but they need to add more soon
>git gud
>Only if your goal is to buy every piece of dlc that comes out
>get friends
>it can be
>depends who you're doing them with, but I'll agree
>Worst part of the game, but fairly easy to stop
>So just shoot the person
>we all know we are talking about GTA
>why would you do that after the first day of playing
>do you want everything handed to you?
>PC problem. I play it fine and haven't seen a single hacker
>Get friends and party chat
>same as last point

the game has its fair share of problems, but most of what you wrote is not part of that.
>>
>>333514340
they use p2p because then they don't have to host servers and the average normie and 13 year doesn't know or care.
the ironic thing is that because everything in the game besides purchasing things is p2p there is absolutely no way for them to verify that anything in the game is legitimate as there is no secure server to arbitrate. so they shot themselves in the foot something fierce because they can do almost nothing about hacking besides detecting the hack via anticheat modules which they don't really bother with or use logic checks, i.e. not accept that a impromptu race pays 15 million. neither seems very effective because i've had tens upon tens of millions dropped on me and seen blatant hackers who boast about not being caught for ages
cash shop revenue lost from money hacking and griefing is probably not insignificant
>>
>>333515260
>do you want everything handed to you?
No, but I'd rather not do the same stupid fucking heist 20 times just to make enough money to buy something nice.
Luckily for I got 40,000,000 hackerbux so I don't have to deal with that bullshit anymore.
>>
How did /v/ react again when GTA 5 came to PC? I remember so many consolefags posting the golden smile face like it was Bloodborne and then getting BTFO
>>
>>333515906
I think it was mixed

for about a month after it released, there was a huge memory leak that wasn't fixed for the longest time
>>
File: 1447535639920.jpg (88 KB, 595x663) Image search: [Google]
1447535639920.jpg
88 KB, 595x663
>>333499404
>GTA Online

If you like paying to have shit shovelled down your throat, then sure, go for it.
>>
>>333515906
Sarcastic NEVER EVER threads were made for a couple of days but they eventually died out because it turns out not everyone is a spiteful fucking autist.
>>
>>333499404
>heard it is good
Is that what Hitler told you?
>>
>>333515812
The Heist I've played the most is the Pac Standard and I've played it about 6 times total (1 for every person in my crew to be host). VIP work is where it's at. Same friends hop on for a couple hours most days, and Sunday mornings when no one is doing shit we play 4 hour sessions. Always make about 500k-700k a day fucking around.
>>
I stopped playing right before heists dropped. Did they ever add a true cops and robbers mode? Do they still regularly change and replace missions
>>
>>333516656
No cops and robbers but theres a VIP/bodyguard system now.
One guy can become a VIP and start missions and events for himself and his bodyguards.
>>
>>333516656
I think they got rid of cops and robbers b/c everyone was exploiting a glitch to get cop outfits outside into freeroam MP. I think, it's been ages.
>>
>>333499404
maybe if you like playing the same missions over and over. ive played it for a while and thats what it seems like
>>
>>333517474
You used to be able to save cop cars in your garage, no fun allowed
>>
>>333518351
Why didn't they implement patroling police?
>>
>>333518458
Like what kind of patrolling, on-foot, driving? Cops are a rare sight in urban sprawls like LA.
>>
>>333518458
They have to stand by at the station teleporter
>>
why'd they turn it into fucking call of duty?
>>
>>333500781
Pretty much this, though I would say your biggest problem will be actually managing to start a heist. Most of the time I get stuck in the lobby.
>>
>>333520157
What?
>>
>>333499404
No.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ1scW6vbKY
>>
>>333518980
Both. Only cops you see on the street are those involved in car chases or the occasional cop car spawning and driving away outside cop stations
>>
Yes. One of the best multiplayer experiences of all time. I never even touched the story
>>
>>333521952
You missed out.
>>
>>333521406
What?
>>
File: 9-11.gif (2 MB, 190x300) Image search: [Google]
9-11.gif
2 MB, 190x300
>>333499404
no, not now. the game is literally dead if you're on PC. takes me forever to get in a match and then endless quitting and idiocy
>>
>>333523234
What?
>>
>>333499404
absolutely not. even if you were going to play single player it's not worth more than 20 bucks.
>>
>>333499404
>Online competitive
>Gta
Gta is the serie that catter to the lowest common denominator the most.
Just don't fucking bother with.
It's "fun" with "friends" at best.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.