[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Twitch cancer thread? OC from five minutes ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 2000px-Twitch_logo.svg[1].png (25 KB, 2000x1235) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Twitch_logo.svg[1].png
25 KB, 2000x1235
Can we have a Twitch cancer thread?

OC from five minutes ago

>Go to Twitch to watch a small audience Dark Souls game while doing work
>Opening up to a couple trying to take on Capra Demon
>Die as soon as they walk in, they try to take on the demon head on then get cornered by dogs and boss
>Advise to head to the stairway while dodging, climb the stairs, lure the enemies up one at a time
>They get defensive, saying they were trying to do that in the first place, calling a cunt etc
>Reply jokingly saying they should've done what they were trying to do in the first place
>Streamers "officially say goodbye" to me for being "a cunt"
>Permabanned

Was hoping that more of you may have stories, since Twitch seems fun to kill time, then you realise what most of the userbase is like.
>>
File: YEsc7OtTCa-6[1].png (7 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
YEsc7OtTCa-6[1].png
7 KB, 300x250
Next story isn't so much cancer as it is sad.

>Considering buying Splatoon
>Look for small audience stream
>Start chatting with streamer, he's nice
>Talking about how he has a free weekend from work for once so he's doing a 24 hour Splatoon stream and not going to bed until the sunday night
>Tell him I'm heading to a party with close friends later
>He goes oddly silent, making awkward noises
>Reveals he's never been invited to a party before
>Ask him his age, he's 23

Not much of a story but surely he must've been at least invited to a party at his age.
Also a 24 hour Splatoon stream, of all things... christ.
>>
You guys must have some stories!

>bump
>>
I don't watch twitch cuz I'm not 14 years old.
And i like to play Video Games myself, not watching others play it
>>
>>333393152
I've never seen more pointless waste of time. If I don't want to play vidya myself, I'd rather download a movie, read a book or something.
>>
>>333395037
Twitch is a thing you put on your 2nd monitor for background noise not to actually watch it
>>
>>333393152
>chat shit
>get banged
i fail to see the problem here
>>
File: Common Pepe.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
Common Pepe.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>333393152
Now you understand how shit Twitch is with all its normie bitches, OP.
>>
>>333393152
Serves you right for being a backseating cunt
>>
File: 81738484929.gif (1 MB, 200x148) Image search: [Google]
81738484929.gif
1 MB, 200x148
I listen to the NLSS sometimes while working. I think Northernlion is the only gaming personality on the internet I can have any amount of respect for.
>>
>>333395429
Same here. He's the only streamer I enjoy listening to. Him with josh or fox is so much fun.
>>
Literally everything about twitch is cancer.

It's basically like youtube, but way, way fucking worse.

>Live interaction!
Which usually means you're just going to hear

>DING
>OH THANKS! A DONATION FROM SO-AND-SO

>BONG!
>THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING TITTYFISHES69, WELCOME TO WHATEVER THE FUCK I CALL THE PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBE TO ME

Every fucking 5 minutes.

At least watching a lets play on youtube isn't constantly derailed by shit like that.

Sure, you get "live" interaction, but if they dude has over 100 viewers you can fucking forget it.

It also doesn't help that literally everyone on there is a SJW or willing to debase themselves for filthy money.

Sub goals for dying hair, donation goals for twerking, it's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>333393152
All of twitch is cancer and you should kill yourself for watching it OP
>>
>>333395659
Can't say I'm the biggest fan of Fox, but Nick's fine and Josh is great comedic relief.
>>
>>333395892
This.
>>
File: Homer.png (80 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
Homer.png
80 KB, 300x250
I remember I used to watch a runescape streamer who would raid other streams during breaks. He found some weird shit sometimes but the only one I remember is when he came across a stream where he had a face cam but I guess he forgot he was streaming because they were having sex on the floor completely naked except for black socks.

>>333393495
>surely he must've been at least invited to a party at his age
Haha...surely...
>>
>>333393152

I don't use Twitch for much more besides watching tournaments (fighting games/CSGO) and conferences like E3, personally.
>>
>>333393152
Streamers get really really insanely butthurt when you offer advice or help.

And their legion of fanboy followers will all shun you out for doing it.

Every time.
>>
>>333395173
Why not just play music or something.

hearing someone commentate on something I'm not even looking at seems pointless.
>>
>>333396224
>I don't use Twitch for much more besides watching tournaments (fighting games/CSGO) and conferences like E3, personally.

Literally the only reason to use twitch.

Watching streamers on a day to day basis is fucking cancerous. I get wanting something in the background, but watch/listen to something mildly intelligent or interesting. A podcast, a tutorial, literally -anything- is better than watching some faggoty streamer sprout literal bullshit about the game and memes.
>>
>>333393152
Twitch cancer is redundant
>>
>>333396268
>>333395269
>>333395409

About this 'backseating' accusation. It's incredibly hard to not backseat on someone when theyre playing a game like dark souls, live, and whining about how tough it is.

Without being advised on dark souls youre going to have a tough time.
I find it pretty awful that Twitch doesn't seem to have any decent universal rules or appeal system when you get banned for no reason.
>>
>>333395698

yeah it's literally like panhandling with donations

THANKS ________ WELCOME TO THE SUB CLUB

as if donating to a game stream makes you special or something
>>
>>333396491
What about observing a pro or highly skilled player? Can learn from them or it can be interesting to watch.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.