[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1080
Is it still good?
Is it a "true" battlefield game?Is it a better game than 3/4/Hardline?

Reminder that this game can still be played online

>http://www.battlelog.co/
>>
>>333361303

>Is it still good?

Yes, but it's aging poorly.

The engine is still basically the same as 1942, and both it and 2 were made in a time when a sizable number of people still had dialup, meaning the netcode, and hit detection, is utter shit. Kiddies complaining about BF3/4/H hit detection don't know what bad hit detection is.

The hit detection leads to bullshit like dolphin diving and bunnyhopping, which nobody liked to fight against, but you had to do it to not get killed.

There are too many one-hit-kill damage sources that make the game aggravating as well. The two biggest offenders being grenades and TV missiles. Having 3 grenades with a huge instakill zone, or infinite grenades with the Support kit, was stupidly overpowered. Anyone who has played BF2 knows about the grenade spam at the start of Karkand. And for TV missiles, instant death from a helicopter outside of draw distance meant that most ground vehicles were essentially useless.

Speaking of air, the air-ground balance was horrible. Stationary AA turrets were just kill farms for air, mobile AA had shorter range than the TV missile and jets moved too fast for it to score enough hits, and the Phalanx turrets were too easy to kill.

I've been playing it on Battlelog a lot recently. I used to think that it was a great game, because it was in its time, but after playing some BF4 and comparing the two, BF2 is just obsolete, and has a lot of glaring problems that were never fixed.
>>
>>333362302

LOL
you sound like a total cunt

the engine and "netcode" (lolfagget) are just fine.
this game plays amazing. its also the last real PC exclusive fps game
for its age, its still a lot better than most the console shit today. you make it sound like it has horrible issues.
>>
Significantly better than 3 or 4.

I like BC1 more single player

BC2 multi is basically BF2

But BF2 is the real champion still.

and 1942.
>>
>>333362302

yeah, if you get hit by a TV-missile, or a fucking bomb, or a tank shell, you're going to die. thats the way it should be

you're supposed to get "frustrated" when something kills you with one hit.
its faggots like you who really voice their opinion and cause devs to nerf shit and try to make everything into a faggot handholding daycare center for casual babies

a good multiplayer fps has shit which will destroy your fucking ass QUICK

you should have seen bf2 before all the nerfs (from faggots like you complaining) back in 2006

grande launcher was a fucking beast and would ruin niggers all day.
the blackhawk helo had gatling guns with this huge arc of raining bullets which would instantly kill you

that shit was so fun
man you really are a nigger faggot
>>
>>333362705

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Zfyx5q9kI
>>
>>333362302
but the grenade spam at karkand was fun
>>
>>333361303
Is BF2 still alive? I was thinking about picking it up again after a long time.
>>
>>333363087
1 half-competent pilot + 2 gunners + 2 engineers = god of death
>>
>>333363753

until you take a TV missile
>>
>Battlefield 4
>bad

BC2 kiddies need to fuck off with their "It's different so it's terrible" memes
>>
>>333363907
Which Battlefield is better to pick up? 3 or 4? They're both for 10 bucks on Origin now and I want to pick one up.
>>
>>333363968
4 IIRC is the only game that has 10k+ players on it
>>
>>333363753

>that one guy chucking packets of C4 out the back of blackhawk
>>
>>333363968

I would say 4 because the core gameplay is basically the same between them, but 4 has more players than 3 because it's newer.
>>
>>333361303
Not really. But the mods are still worth it. Project Reality and Forgotten Hope especially.
>>
>>333363693
Yes you can get the revive project @ www.battlelog.co/
It has maybe 300-400 players and the official EU server is usually near 64 players
>>
>>333361303
BF2 will always be a blast to play. The newer Frostbite games just don't feel the same, have massively less emphasis on teamwork and are pretty consolized/casualized.

I think BF2 is still the apex, but it does have its issues. Netcode is wonky, although 30 tick BF4 servers feel just as, if not more shitty. The random variation on guns sucks. claymores are utter shit, guaranteed instakill weapons that sniper gets (two of em). TV missile insta kills anything, flat out broken. Theres a general lack of AA vehicles and the static turrets are almost useless. Grenade instakill sucks on the urban maps for an 'arcady' FPS. The commander radio spam bug is annoying.

Despite all this, the factions, equipment, maps, classes, teamwork and music are all top knotch, and theres less skinner box with customization and other contrived bullshit. Project Reality and Forgotten Hope 2 are some of the best mods I've ever played, something we'll never see again with the new games.
>>
>>333362798
>BC2 multi is basically BF2
Are you retarded or have you never played either?
>>
>>333361303
obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6B_7ZRSwWg
>>
>>333361303

That game was 99% armored warfare than it was Infantry combat

Thank god Project reality fixed all that.
>>
>>333361303
nah it's objectively shit, don't let nostalgia fags and cod kiddie contrarians tell you otherwise

the bunny hopping and aim deviation broke basic infantry combat
jets (and good helis) were untouchable gods

bc2 is probably the best overall bf game
>>
>>333362302
This guy is right. But I sure some autists still play BF2 all day
>>
>>333367091
>That game was 99% armored warfare than it was Infantry combat
More like the exact opposite, 80% of BF2 servers were Karkand 24/7, just because it was small, there was minimal armor and no aircraft on it so infantry dominated.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.