[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>remember having so much fun with that game. >play the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30 KB, 382x260) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30 KB, 382x260
>remember having so much fun with that game.
>play the game now
>nostalgia was lying, the game is awful

Whats your game?
>>
played through it again and got 201 gold bananas on it last year, my only real gripe was the bonus stages were pretty shit, especially Beaver fucking Bother. Stealthy Snoop, and Mad Maze Maul were the shit, Busty Barrel Bust Up and the minecart dynamite ones were decent.

>Inb4 do the level 5 times,
If you don't do Troff n Scoff until you've finished the level you can nearly always find a tag barrell within 30 seconds of whenever you need to swap
>>
Banjo Kazooie

>Banjo controls like ass
>Aiming eggs is horrible
>Spending more than 5 minutes in a level reveals how uncharming the majority of them are.
>No names of puzzle pieces like in SM64 so difficult to keep track of the pieces you have gotten. Likewise the lack of names for puzzle pieces means you don't even have the vaguest clue what to search for in a level for those final pieces so you end up just wandering around until you stumble onto them.
>A lot of the puzzles are simplistic shit with a timer. Matching pictures, mazes designed so that the wrong turn is almost immediately terminates into a dead end, etc.
>The music has not aged well at all. Certain tracks just sound really bad.

Maybe if I didn't pick up my old save file and just started a new one I wouldn't have had as many gripes but I was disappointed by how much of a shittt time I had replaying it.
>>
>every game released before gen 7
>>
>>315381925
Which tracks sound bad, and how often do you need to aim eggs? There's the bit in the final boss fight, and the toll stuff in Rusty Bucket Bay.

Also whilst I can kinda see your point about jiggies, the levels in BK were designed to be done in one sitting, hence the losing notes stuff. Only exception is Freezeezy Peak
>>
>>315381925
This is bait, played both Kazooie and Tooie on rare replay, they hold up even today.
>>
Yoshis island. It was my favourite 2d platforner until I recently replayed it.

Baby Mario is a fucking awful mechanic. Having baby Mario fly around when you get hit just turns the whole game into a cake walk. An insanely annoying cakewalk where the punishment for getting hit is the most grating sound know to man.
>>
final fantasy 7, seriously the graphics make my eyes bleed, the story is 2deep4you and cloud is such a fucking edgelord that I cringe every time I have to read his dialogue.
>>
Halo:CE and MGS:The Twin Snakes.

They were amazing when they first came out, but now they are just annoying to play.
>>
>>315380872
The gameplay sucks, but you have to agree it has some of the best boss fights out of any platformer ever.

>>315381925
>>The music has not aged well at all
This is where I knew you were baiting.
>>
>>315384283
The Fungi Forest boss was great in particular
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.