[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only two games I've been excited for in the longest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: why.jpg (57 KB, 460x430) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
57 KB, 460x430
The only two games I've been excited for in the longest time. My creaky, jaded heart finally felt a little excited for a game.

Both are horribly disappointing and completely unfinished. It makes me want to cry.

If Fallout 4 is bad, I think I might just kill myself.
>>
>>315373713
Holy fuck you must be the only other person I've seen on /v/ since Afterbirth released that agrees that it's a disappointment.
What do you dislike about it?

>the majority of "new" items are just other variations of DMG + HP, LUCK + SPEED, trash like that instead of the very tiny handful of actual items such as Tech X
>it introduced more new bullshit rooms and enemies than the series has ever seen before, specifically tiny tight corridors with enemies charging at you right away giving you nearly no option but to take a hit
>tons of item "combinations" are still lacking or not present, haven't really noticed a combo that didn't work before, but have noticed that items that SHOULD now combo still don't
>greed mode is just easy mode boredom
Afterbirth actually made me quit playing BOIR altogether.
>>
>>315374841
What the fuck are you on about? A shitton of people agree that afterbirth was a disappointment.
>>
>>315373713
>the timegated content that just got unlocked
edmund is now firmly on the list of devs to never give money
>>
>>315374960
You serious? You weren't here all weekend?
You should have seen the incredible defense force. I've never seen someone try to defend wasting $6.66 so hard before.
>>
>>315375075
I WAS here all weekend and I saw a bunch of people complain. I didn't really care because I pirated it but people were disappointed for sure.
>>
>>315373713
Well, you know Fallout 4 will be shit.
>>
So what's wrong with afterbirth? I haven't played anything since WOTL
>>
>>315376167
its unfinished

eggman mcmuffin said himself, the uldates will roll in periodically. He's still pissed over the lost being spoiled, so he's forcing everyone to wait for the content they payed for
>>
>>315376167
here's a rundown of the whole thing

afterbirth was released and everyone was pretty satisfied with it. lots of new items and contents, fun new character. everyone tears through the game, and the community has a collective realization:

"hey, we've scoured this game top to bottom, and there's 75 items. the steam page says there's supposed to be 120 items. what's up, edmund?"

edmund and nicalis start to get cheeky. "i dunno, maybe you gotta look harder! teehee" and all that stuff. people go into a frenzy looking for secrets. oh man we gotta find these items! we gotta bring the shovel here and dig here with this trinket and wait 5 minutes, maybe that will unlock it! community goes balls deep looking for the secrets that will unlock these hidden items.

tonight, a patch is released for afterbirth that unlocks the missing items. the content was NEVER in the base game, like they said. it was behind a time gate.

edmund and nicalis put half of the game's content behind an artificial time-gate that finally unlocked tonight. they did this because they didn't want "data-miners" to look through the files and reveal all the game's secrets like they did in the vanilla game.

HOWEVER, this didn't fucking work. data miners were still able to find out all the new items ahead of time. the only thing this did was screw over the real players who wanted to do things legit.

it's a complete fucking mismanagement of a launch and it only happened because edmund mcmillen wanted to be an emo baby and prevent people from finding the hidden content in files.

(also people are extra pissed because the most recent patch nerfed items and characters that people enjoyed playing. the character Azazel is almost unplayable right now because he was nerfed for no reason)
>>
>>315377417
the fun part is that there seems to be a second time gate.
we only got 20~ more items and maaaayybe a new character.
>>
File: 1444898802430.jpg (38 KB, 252x488) Image search: [Google]
1444898802430.jpg
38 KB, 252x488
>>315373713
>MGS V
>bad
hahah yeah no. MGS was an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. game, i bet youre just mad cause youre bad at mgs and you didnt study story so you didnt understand the deep plot
>>
>>315377609
kojima please

i wanted you to finish your game

that act 2 trailer got my cock so fucking hard i had to see a doctor
>>
>>315377658

>Not finishing it anyway like a trooper

Get this basic bitch outta here
>>
File: eye-roll.jpg (98 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
eye-roll.jpg
98 KB, 500x362
>>315377417

Making a big deal out of that and calling someone else a baby? Rofl.
>>
>>315373713
Dataminers and people like you are the cancer that kill games and their devs. Stupid autistic fucks who can't get over The fact that the game doesn't meet your fucktard fantasies and that other people enjoy it.
tl;dr fuck you
>>
>>315380783
>a game is bad
>it's the consumers fault

Fuck off.

I don't know about isaac but MGSV was a pile of fucking garbage, the fact that I call it a Metal Gear game is always giving that abomination too much credit. It was a generic AAA action game with no fucking substance.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.