[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro told me to post here, don't ban me. To fix /v/, just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: bayonetta-2-wallpaper[1].jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-2-wallpaper[1].jpg
657 KB, 1920x1080
Hiro told me to post here, don't ban me.

To fix /v/, just make Japanese video games a separate board.

Honestly, that may not fix /v/, but I don't care. I don't care about western games. People who play western games are normalfags ore failed normalfags who talk about blog shit, sjw's and other gay shit only they care about. They shit post all day about Todd Howard and Fallout and bring console war shit into threads about Japanese video games.

Western games are utter dog shit. Anybody who thinks this is a bad idea is a faggot who probably will make an argument that Skyrim is a good game and not the most popular walking simulator of all time. Just make a /vj/ board that is /v/'s version of /jp/ but, and this is important, just still let people talk about shitty westernized Japanese trash like MGS5 on /v/ so they stay here too.

Pic related, a great game made by a great company that you cannot talk about because idiots who think shit companies like Black Isle Studios make good games exist.
>>
>>315344438
>4/10
>>
You're retarded. All that would accomplish would be more trolling, more shitposting and less good content on your threads.

What you're asking for is for us to filter the exact tastes you want into different boards. There's a perfectly good site that serves that kind of hugbox faggotry, it's called Reddit, so go the fuck over there. Alternatively, go to Cripple-Chan which also has boards for everything.

If you want to discuss specific games and are okay with complete circle-jerk faggotry, we have /vg/, otherwise you discuss whatever games you want on /v/. Stop being a fucking bitch.
>>
>>315344438

so instead of 4 vidya boards full of shitposting, you want 5?

fuck you OP. Honestly, the only split /v/ ever needed was the /vg/ split.

Pokemon can easily be discussed, and are already discussed on other boards.

Retro Games was completely unnessessary
>>
File: 1444504506459.jpg (118 KB, 750x740) Image search: [Google]
1444504506459.jpg
118 KB, 750x740
I agree with this.

Normalfags are the cancer of every fucking board. Even /a/ is suffering because of them.
>>
>>315344786
Have you ever actually been to the other video game boards?

They are not full of shitposting. VR has no shitposting. /vg/ is full of faggot autist but it still has much less shitposting than /v/. /v/ is full of retarded western bullshit that comprises more than 80% of the board.

>>315344765
>Less good content on the threads
huehuehue
>>
>>315344438
What? No. God no.
>>
>>315344990
>They are not full of shitposting

now I know you're lying out of your ass.
>>
>>315344438

But Bayonetta 2 isn't noteworthy at all. Ninja Gaiden Black, DMC 3, even DMC 4 were much better games. Kamiya is a talentless fucking hack that had one fluke with the original Devil May Cry.

The reason a /vj/ is a terrible idea is because it will lead to hugbox circlejerking bullshit where anons fellate Taro and Kamiya as god's or worse, pretend the Neptunia games are anything other than fap material.

Even legitimately good games ultimately devolve into waifuism.
>>
>Honestly, that may not fix /v/, but I don't care.

Stopped reading there since while I didn't agree with your statement to start with you proved you are just trying to start shit by saying that.

/v/ doesn't need to be split up yet again, especially not into a western/eastern games boards. If you have to split it, doing it by consoles would make more sense though I still think it'd be a horrible decision.
>>
File: fuck me when's smoko cunt.jpg (85 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
fuck me when's smoko cunt.jpg
85 KB, 500x388
>>315344438
>>315344438
>hurr durr i want 2 boards to shitpost on

fuck off back to reddit you poof
>>
>>315344923
/sp/ makes some of the best content on 4chan nowadays and its one of the normiest of boards
>>
>>315345138
>DMC4 is a better game than Bayonetta 2

Spotted the retard. You 100% don't even own a Wii U.

Also

>Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 2 and Bayonetta are bad games!
>Kamiya is a hack
>Who even likes Taro

Literally the type of retard who would stay on /v/ and for the better. This is normal shitposting opinions on /v/ he is parroting when having know idea what he is talking about.
>>
>>315345343
>Splitting it by consoles.

That's insanely retarded compared to splitting it by distinct game styles from east vs west. Not enough people in the world even own a Xbone to make a Xbone board. There are only ever 3 threads in a week about Xbone games.
>>
>>315345347
>implying I would come to /v/ if I could go to /vj/

The only western game I've played in the last 5 years was Counter Strike and judging from the typical quality of the people inside the game itself I have never once thought to myself to seek out a CS community and mute people automatically when they talk in the game.
>>
File: 1378716004482.jpg (45 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
1378716004482.jpg
45 KB, 300x190
>>315344438
>anyone who isn't a weeb is a normie
>>
>>315346031
Anyone who says normie instead of normalfag is a normalfag reject who started browsing /v/ in the past 2 years.
>>
It's not just western games, I mean if it was that simple I could deal with it but it's not, it's the entire e-celeb shit and the whole indie/sjw bullshit that follows it. Each and every PC clown waiting for fallout 4 shitposting about 'weeb' games. I'm sick of it.

A Japanese game board would be a good thing.
>>
We should make a separate board for licensed games as well. Two in fact. One for licensed /co/ games and one for licensed /a/ games. Sick of all the DBZ game discussion on the videogames board.
>>
>>315344438
I agree. Pls give containment board for weebs
>>
>>315346496
And people act like something similar has never happened when in reality it's the reason /jp/ exist and /a/ and /jp/ are both better boards. All the boards on 4chan with primarily Japanese interest are good boards and all the western ones are shit.

On a /vj/ there could be no e-celeb threads because it's not fucking video games.
>>
>>315347415
I want to be contained as much as you want to contain me.
>>
>>315347634
I don't hate weebs, but I hate all those Nintendo threads.
>>
>>315347892
As a weeb I am perfectly happy with Nintendo threads and would openly welcome them on /vj/ and even talk to people about the different Nintendo games being made.
>>
>yet another of these threads after we had a good discussion to discard west vs east threads
Do your jobs mods
>>
File: 647826428736284.jpg (4 KB, 88x125) Image search: [Google]
647826428736284.jpg
4 KB, 88x125
>>315345138
I have fun playing Neptunia and you can't stop me

>>315347415
What we really need is a containment board for faggots who think it's okay for them to have a problem with weebs on a weeb imageboard.
>>
>>315347997
You're all right>>315348478
Like I said. I don't have problems with weebs. I have problems with over 9000 Mario and peach threads. Why don't you have a general for that?
>>
>>315349210
There is on /vg/. Doesn't stop them from posting on /v/ though.
>>
>>315349507
Yes and since mods and janitors are faggots those threads always reach limit.
>>
>>315349682
Weeaboos won't care if there is a thread about Peaches armpit though. I wouldn't partake but I'd take that shit on the front page over an e-celeb any day.
>>
It doesn't matter, you can't escape the shitposting no matter how hard you try. People will just browse both boards and shitpost in threads about games they don't like just like they do now.
>>
>>315345565
He's absolutely right though. Bayo2 is a step down from Bayo1 which was a step down from DMC3&4
>>
>>315345559
/sp/ is literal cancer incarnate
>>
>>315350848
>Step down from DMC4

Please stop this meme that just shows you don't know what you are talking about. DMC4 is half a game. You need more than great combat to be a good game. DMC4 has terrible level design and makes you repeat shit often, including the entirety of the game. The only thing it has going for it is it's combat and we are not judging these games for the fucking bloody palace modes alone.
>>
>>315348478
>BAWWW PEOPLE HATE WEEBS ON A WEEB IMAGEBOARD

And Jews invented the internet. Are you going to tell me talking shit about Jews on said internet is wrong?
>>
>>315351349
I'm sorry the truth triggers you senpai but that's how it is in action games like this.
>>
>>315344990
The only one shitposting here is you. Just because someone's talking about asscreed or fallout doesn't mean it's retarded bullshit or shitposting.

There are plenty of great western games, just as there are plenty of shit japanese games. What there needs to be is a rule against weeb/west wars, same as console wars.
>>
>>315344765
>What you're asking for is for us to filter the exact tastes you want into different boards.

People like him whined hard enough and got a sequestered /mlp/.

Hell, maybe if he shitposts enough nobody will be allowed to use reaction images from western games either.
>>
I hereby propose three things.

One: OP IDs. Only OP posts will contain IDs, reset every 24 hours. When one person makes five or more OPs within 24 hours, their OP posts will have a hide/show list of threads they've made since the start of the day.

Two: People who relentlessly samefag, particularly by referencing their own posts four or more times in the same thread, will be given an in-thread ID in that thread alone. Anyone who does not samefag by replying to themselves will not be forced into using an in-thread ID. Should the OP do it in their own thread, their ID will be the same as their OP ID.

Three: Flame wars based on country of origin shall be punished in the same manner as console wars. No more of this weeb/west shit.
>>
>>315348478

I don't want to stop you enjoying playing Neptunia anon. My problem is when that enjoyment leaves the game and turns into threads full of nothing but fapbait shit with fuck all game discussion. You can't honestly believe that's good posting.
>>
>>315351564
There is not a single good Assassins Creed game and Bestheda has not even made a decent game in the last 10 years. Get it out of the board. Only a retard could have an opinion different than this, why should I be forced to share a board with them?

CoD used to be laughed at on /v/, now there are constant threads about it.

>waaah people enjoy it though

You literally have never been to a good board on 4chan and it shows.

>>315351553
So you have no idea what you are talking about and didn't even play Bayonetta 2. Good to know kohai.
>>
>>315353010
I sure do love people coming into threads about games they don't like, spewing buzzwords and crying that discussion isn't up to their quality
>>
>>315344438
I rather get rid of e-celeb and twitter shit. Not have a board for those, just straight ban those types of threads.
>>
Bring back dubs. That is all this place needs.
>>
>>315352329

I can get behind this. There's nothing inherently wrong with western games, just as there's nothing inherently wrong with Japanese games. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise is just a shitstirrer and needs to be banned.

I'd argue all posters should have a single-thread ID though, just because they're not replying to themselves doesn't mean there isn't someone relentlyless shitposting on both sides of a discussion ie someone posting as both a militant mustard race and sonyfriend.
>>
>>315353415
Anybody who doesn't understand the core tenants of the site that is 4chan should be banned, like retards suggesting we fucking have ID's. Go to Reddit if you want ID's.
>>
File: 1401223163342.gif (72 KB, 190x223) Image search: [Google]
1401223163342.gif
72 KB, 190x223
>>315352329
I agree with all of these.
>>
>>315344438
I really hope hiro doesn't listen to too much of the /qa/ shit because almost all of the new board ideas are from babies who cant handle anything they don't like. Just go to infinite chan and make your lame safe space board there.
>>
>>315353943
Why do you want to share a board with those people anyway?

>FUCKING BABIES ALL NEED TO STAY RIGHT HERE FOR SOME ARBITRARY REASON EVEN THOUGH I DON'T LIKE THEM AND AM TELLING THEM TO LEAVE
>>
DIFFERENT REGION OF GAMES IS NOT THE FUCKING PROBLEM

ITS CONSOLE WARS, MAINLY FROM NINTENYEAROLDS. CUT THEM FUCKING OFF ALREADY AND LET THEM ROT IN A CESSPOOL LIKE /VP/

REMOVE THE FUCKING TUMOR HIRO FUCKING PLEASE
>>
>>315353415
And I'd argue that all posters having single-thread IDs is both counterproductive and will only result in more shitslinging for things one might have said hours ago in a lingering thread, as well as a way to start recognizing tone and way of writing across multiple similar threads. It's namefag lite, except mandatory and you can't take off your hat unless you completely change the way you write and change threads.

The only way I will ever support IDs is as some sort of punishment or shitposting avoidance system. We'll be able to tell low quality shills or shitposters who make dozens of the same thread apart, and we'll be able to tell samefags who reply to themselves. Furthermore, I also suggest a system where, should one poster receive a certain number of reports, they will automatically have their posts highlighted with an ID prior to banning. Should an OP be given an ID in their own thread, it will be the same as their OP ID.

The people who adhere to the culture and rules of the board and post about relevant stuff should not all be punished with everyone getting in-thread IDs at all times. Just give us a way to sort low quality repeat offender shit and I'll be happy.
>>
>>315344990
>/vg/ is full of faggot autist
shit taste detected, only bad games breed bad playerbases
>>
This is the one last shot to save /v/.
Let the meme garbage, shitposting, and eceleb shit rot in /wv/.

/jv/ will be for the people who actually like and want to talk about video games.

Please Hiro. Do it for us. At least try it for a little while.
>>
>>315354323
Exact kind of poster who would not go to /vj/. What a great place it would be.
>>
>>315354196
I'm more then capable of ignoring what i don't like. I am also capable of going to websites other then 4chan and so is everyone else. Demanding a community be split because you don't like a portion of what the community brings is stupid and selfish. No one makes you guys come here just go somewhere else for weeb discussions or better yet have the mods just ban shitposters.
>>
>>315354667
Please, let them keep the name /v/.

I don't want /wv/ and /jv/ I just want /v/ and /jv/ that way jv will seem like a shitty spinoff and most normal people will go to /v/.

And to all this dumb fucking fragmentation argument, can somebody tell me how the creation of /vg/, /vr/ or /vp/ has changed fucking /v/ at all? People keep crying about splitting the user base or whatever, but the same old shit posters who like to be retards stayed here and the people in the fragmented spaces are happier.
>>
>>315346007
Fucking this.
I would never come to /wv/ if there was a /jv/ board. The only western series I care about anymore is Deus Ex.
>>
>>315354698
Kill yourself nintoddler. Go play with your rusty antiquated shovelware toys. Let the big boys with their shiny xboxs, playstations, and pcs discuss big boy games.
>>
>>315354854
>can somebody tell me how the creation of /vg/, /vr/ or /vp/ has changed fucking /v/ at all?
It made /v/ way shittier because everyone who actually likes video games left for those boards.
>>
>>315354734
>Don't come to the Japanese ripoff image board now owned by the guy who made the Japanese board fuck off to the other place that doesn't exist so I can talk about shitty Fallout.

You never provided an actual argument. "I will ignore it" just goes to show that we are contributing nothing to your enjoyment of the board, so why does separating it into another board negatively effect you at all.
>>
>>315348478
>I have fun playing Neptunia and you can't stop me

Then don't cry about Fallout shit. All of the weeb hate is just retaliation.
>>
>>315344438
No.
>>
>>315355070
So why should we be stuck with e-celeb fags and Skyrim apologist then? Let them be shit on /v/.
>>
>>315355237
I didn't say that. I just answered how it changed /v/. and that was making it worse because /v/ is a shitpile and picking out the good bits that are left is all we can do for it at this point.

A split to /jv/ would be great.
>>
>>315346007
So you've not played Iji? Hero Core? Terraria? Undertale? System Shock? Quake? Doom? Mech Warrior 2? The Diablos? Starcraft, which is pretty much the Korean national sport? No MMOs? Warframe?

How exactly do you define western game? Games made be people who don't live in Japan? Do you seriously think country of origin has an implicit link to the potential quality of the game?

What about Zelda? Would you call that a Japanese or a Western game? It gets released worldwide, and at most points in time has a very western feel to most of its content. Yet, most of the developers are Japanese, are they not? What about Mario?

There are a lot of games that don't fall very easily into western or japanese. A lot of them. By making that kind of fragmentation, they'd eventually be welcome on neither board because of people with their own personal interpretations.

The jap/west bullshit is just as cancerous as the console war faggotry. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
a
>>
>>315355076
i dont even like fallout you said that. Whats even the point in arguing when youre gonna make whatever shit you can think of to get weeb game board
>>
File: average modern western game.jpg (664 KB, 1654x2058) Image search: [Google]
average modern western game.jpg
664 KB, 1654x2058
Agree with everything OP said and will also repost what I've been posting in the other threads about this:

A Western /v/ would free us of:

>casual dudebro garbage
>movie "games"
>bitching about SJWs ruining the industry since Japan does not care for them
>ASSFAGGOTS
>e-celebs
>PKek elitism, Xboneheads, Sonyggers who praise their movie games and Nintendrones who defend NoA's retarded bullshit
>>
>>315355478
>So you've not played Iji? Hero Core? Terraria? Undertale? System Shock? Quake? Doom? Mech Warrior 2? The Diablos? Starcraft, which is pretty much the Korean national sport? No MMOs? Warframe?
I've played a few, but no, not most of those, and if I want to discuss them, I could visit a western /v/ to talk about them, but I haven't played western games for a long ass time.
>How exactly do you define western game?
Anything made in the west, I suppose. Outside of Japan. Maybe include Asia?
>What about Zelda?
Made in Japan so it would go on the Japanese board. It's as simple as that. Just like Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Lost Planet, any game like that.
>The jap/west bullshit is just as cancerous as the console war faggotry. Get the fuck out of here.
/v/ is garbage. There's no saving it. We need to salvage the good bits that are left. I'd rather leave the memes, ecelebs, SJW, and other western problems behind.
>>
I really don't care about the impending split of this board. I just want games to be representative of women, and other gender aside from the overused male stereotype. I want more visibility for games that do away with the toxic masculinity and unnecessary violence, and focuses more on the emotional aspect and touches on the unexpressed portion of the human psyche. Allow us to talk about the latest issues, and do not remove the threads about those people representing the good fight, like Anita, Brianna, and of course Zoe. Only remove the unnecessary ones that may be considered "shitposting" that begins with an obvious attack rather than a starting in a more positive note. This way, "gamers" and the so-called "sjws" may coexist without the hate and vitriol everyone seemed to be accustomed of.
>>
>>315356221
You can have that on /wv/.
>>
>>315356221
we should split /cisv/ and /progv/
>>
>>315355478
>System Shock Quake Doom Mech Warrior 2 Starcraft

All fucking old games I can go to /vr/ to talk about. Also those games have become

Bioshock - Shit
New Doom - Looks of shit, 3 was pretty bad.
Mech Warrior - Dead minus a kickstarter
Diablo - Not my personal taste but could enjoy 2, 3 was trash
Starcraft - They became kikes and wanted me to buy the game 3 times, and I can talk about that on /vg/ anyway and have not seen a single fucking SC thread on /v/ in a while.

>Terraria

Dog shit

>Undertale

The threads themselves are so shit I don't care even though the game is actually fun. It's all shitposting. All of it. I have not seen a single Undertale thread not shitposting.

>Iji

Nobody on /v/ but you and me has even played this.

>What about Zelda

This isn't even ambiguous. It's a Japanese game.

>It has a very western feel to it's content

No it doesn't. It pioneered everything it did. It created the camera system it used which was started with another Japanese game. Stop making shit up.

>There are a lot of games that don't fall easily into western or Japaense

Literally not true. For examle Dark Souls has no western equivilant except a western game that tried to rip it off after the fact. It acutally has no Open World and good level design along with actual combat that isn't floaty bullshit. There is not a single western game prior to it's release anything like it. Just not looking like anime is meaningless to the difference between east and west. Also if /v/ still wants to talk about that shit I don't care, I don't want to come here anyway and we on /vj/ could decide what is acceptable on /vj/ and I think most people wouldn't care because it would not have the shit posters from /v/ on the board to ruin threads about something like Undertale or Dark Souls.
>>
>>315356145
Memes will never stop being a thing.

I can't even find any eceleb or SJW shit in the catalog. Are you sure you're not just getting triggered by the odd thread that pops up on occasion because you are incapable of ignoring them?

>western problems
Making /vj/ won't make them go away, since the board will still be filled to the brim with westerners. They'll just find Japanese e-celebs and bullshit like that to talk about. E-celebs and sjw shit is already banned here - it would be banned there two, but the difference is that they'd post on two separate boards about it instead of one.

Your best bet is to learn Japanese and move to 2ch.
>>
File: i2PoUre.jpg (57 KB, 599x785) Image search: [Google]
i2PoUre.jpg
57 KB, 599x785
>>315356534
also all the mgs v and joost threads go to /jv/ dont act like it would be some perfect board free of shit posting. It would be the same people posting on both boards
>>
>>315356953
That remains to be seen.
>>
Segregating game discussion based on nationality makes no sense. Just moderate the shitposters out.
>>
>>315357074
Sure thing ;)
>>
I don't think it will fix much, it may spread the problems over a wider field but the problems will still persist.
>>
Donkey Kong, MGSV/MGO3, Dead Rising, etc. would be split.

>>315356953
>>315357074
It would pretty much be Neptunia, DOA, and Blazblue circlejerks with no one playing games.
>>
>>315356534
>They'll just find Japanese e-celebs

Literally do not exist and the only shit posting that ever happened in a board like /jp/ is when Moot said how great it was and everybody went to check it out and then eventually left.

Weebs do not act like normal westerners because we are fucking weeaboos and all want to be little girls.
>>
File: u mad u furious.png (129 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
u mad u furious.png
129 KB, 320x320
>>315344438
>>
>>315357261
What about Japanese game devs on twitter? We already have threads dedicated to Kojima's and Kamiya's twitter accounts.
>>
>>315357257
Every game in your post goes on /vj/ just like Metroid Prime would because they are Japanese franchises.

Games like the new Strider would too. Even the new Castlevania can go because nobody even talks about that pile of shit anyway. You are just trying to make this complicated when it's very simple to any weeb.
>>
>>315357452
They aren't random youtube shitters, you moron, they're related to the videogame industry.
>>
>>315357459
So Wizardry would go on /wv/?
>>
>>315357721
>its ok to shitpost when i say so
>>
>>315356526
/vr/ is stupid. Always has been. Just because a game is over five years old doesn't mean discussion of it is irrelevant.

>Wanted me to buy the game 3 times.
With more differences in story, gameplay, and length than there was in buying the original Starcraft twice. There's a thing called expansion packs.

>Terraria
>Dogshit
More like shit taste on your part. ... Is what I'd say, but apparently you've played Iji, so that cancels out.

>Undertale
Just because a thread has some shitposting doesn't mean the whole thing should be forsaken, just the same with the board.

>Zelda
>Japanese
With more western sensibilities than not. The architecture. The character types. The weaponry. The enemies.

>Pioneering
What does that have to do with anything? Plenty of western games have pioneered shit too. What relevance does that have?

Unfortunately, in the end, /vj/ would be no more than a splinter board. Containment boards like /vg/ and /vp/ serve an actual purpose for a ton of people, but there's no legitimate reason to make the separation between japanese and western games aside from this ridiculous sense of superiority that is no better, nay, that is JUST AS BAD as console war bullshit.

Do you actually go to /vr/? Does anyone? Because last I checked, it was a barren fucking wasteland. As far as I could tell, people would be far more likely to talk about retro shit over here on /v/ if it came up once in a while. And I honestly don't think /vj/ would be any different. There's lots of reasons to talk about both western and japanese games in the same thread of conversation. Making an arbitrary split like that, based on country of origin alone, would only hurt such discussions and actively breed superiority bullshit.

Why ruin a perfectly good thing because you've got some issue with a minority of bullshit you can't ignore? If you seriously need that kind of hugbox just go to the other chan and visit their /vj/.
>>
>>315357721
But the developers aren't video games themselves and neither is what they say on twitter.
>>
>>315357452
Just like there are twitter threads for actual creators on /a/ or even /jp/ and nobody cares because it's actual fucking developers and not some random person who said something dumb and it triggered a faggot on /v/.

>>315357736
Yes. Alternatively, go to /vr/ because nobody on /v/ has played or talks about Wizardry.
>>
>angry about western games
>angry about western culture
>angry about westerners
>wants to fellate glorrious Nippon

This is a weeaboo.
>>
>>315357972
If it's a twitter post about personal life shit, then delete it. If it's related to a project they're working on, then keep it.
>>
>>315358140
>then delete it
You already know that's not going to happen.
>>
>>315357830
/vr/ is a barren wasteland because the rules need to be updated badly. The PS2 is 15 years old. It's time to include it for retro games.

/vr/ should include all older game discussion in addition to emulators (whether or not they're a 'retro' console or not).
>>
>>315344438
So you want /aco/ - /h/ shit to happen to one of the biggest boards of the whole website? Are you retarded? The only thing /v/ needs is decent moderation to remove the disgusting memery and marketing that has been ruining this board for quite some time.
>>
>>315358108
You're damn right i'm angry that shitty western games sell millions even though they don't deserve to
>>
>>315344438
Mods aren't going to ban you because you're posting a meta-thread. They're going to ban you because you're blatantly starting a flame war.
>>
>>315357830
>With more differences in story, gameplay, and length than there was in buying the original Starcraft twice. There's a thing called expansion packs.

Shiviring Isles was 20 dollars. That's an expansion pack. Starcraft HotS was 60 dollars. That's a fucking sequel, and no it was not worth 60 bucks.

I do not like a single block building game.

>Some shitposting

You are so used to how shit this place is now that you consider there only "some" shitposting about Undertale.

>With more western sensibilities

No. It doesn't at all. Devil May Cry has almost entiretly Western architecture, design, weapons, characters and it's distinctly Japanese. There is nothing American like it. Resident Evil 4 is the same way. Nobody is fucking saying "who would play a game not set in Japan!" Japanese people simply make better games and the people who like shitty western games are the cancer that make this board unbearable. If all they did was talk about shit that's fine, but they shit post in your threads and their threads and bring shit on like e-celeb threads.

>What does pioneering have to do with anything.

It means something isn't "western" if the Japanese literally invented it. FPS are a western genre. Even Wolfenstien was set in fucking Japan with samurai it would still be a western thing. It's not about the content. it's about the design philosophies. The difference between East and West is far greater than skin deep.

>It would just be a splinter

That's the point. There are far more western shit posters than there are people who like and just want to talk about Japanese games. The board would be slower with better content and much better overall. I don't care about how fast /v/ is when 90% of that comes from low quality shitposting.

>Why ruin a perfectly good thing because you've got some issue with a minority of bullshit you can't ignore

We are far past the point of "minority bullshit I can ignore."
>>
>>315358417
But then you gargle shit like FFXIV and Persona 4.
>>
I'm completely down for this. I'm also one of those people that doesn't give a fuck about western games.
>>
>>315358417
Go do mass shooting or whatever, no one gives a damn about what you think.
>>
>>315358575
I don't play MMOs
>>
>>315358270
On /v/, a board with too many users who engage in shitposting.
>>
>>315355861
i'm confused, the main character has been a SJW art student since fucking 1999, were people surprised?
>>
>>315344438
>bayonetta
>game
it's soft porn
>>
>>315358386
I think a problem with moderation on /v/ today is that no matter what you moderate there will always be a large group of people kicking and screaming. I agree the rules should be held up to some sort of standard but it's hard when your biggest revenue page protests.
>>
>>315358632
Go preorder fallout 4 like the good goy you are
>>
>>315358575
Persona 4 was fine. Didn't buy the 800 spinoffs. Persona 5 is moving in a better direction. SMT4 still gets a sequel and keeps it's original tone. What exactly is the problem here?
>>
>>315344786
>shitposting
Shitposting isn't allowed anymore you moron.
>>
>>315358386
/v/ can't have decent moderation because it's too fast, and what faggots consider to be 'decent moderation' causes people to lash out in claims of MUH CENSORSHIP and just shitpost more. You can't keep them out either because the most dedicated of them will just keep shitposting and shitposting.

/v/ needs to just be turned into vidya random because that's what it is now. Then we need another board for actual discussion.
>>
>>315358785
Persona Q was fun
>>
>>315358708
That is why fragmentation is inherently good. 4chan was never meant to serve this many people at once on a single board. It's an inherent limitation of imageboards. Just don't let it get to the point where you have 800 boards for the tiniest of differences.
>>
>>315358667
It's not going to section people off, most people don't play games based on where they were made. What happens when someone brings maple story to /jv/? What happens when eastern games like STALKER come up?
>>
>>315358743
I already did, because I'm a responsible adult who knows how to take risks in life, and don't complain like a manchild when my choice eventually blows up in my face.
>>
>>315358872
I didn't play it because I was not going to pay 50 dollars for a EO spinoff. Maybe when it's 20 bucks.
>>
>>315358975
It was on sale on the NA eshop for like 10 or 20 dollars last week
It might still be
>>
>>315344438
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>315358894
/v/ already has fragmentation that doesn't work in the form of /vg/, /vr/, /vp/ and arguably /jp/. If you spend some time on these boards you'll realize they're dry of content and moderation or just empty.
>>
>>315358954
>I'm a retard who pays money for shit games unlike you child who only buys things worth the money

PLEASE HIROSHIMA /VJ/ WHEN
>>
File: 1446522490849.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446522490849.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>315358975
You sure showed me by blowing 60 dollars on a game that no one has seen anything about other than a few leaks and said leaks look like fucking garbage
>>
>>315359282
>being this mad
Kek. Go do mass shooting or whatever.
>>
>>315359225
I've actually spent time on /jp/ when I'm in the mood, and it's extremely good and exactly what is advertised so I don't get your point there.

/vg/ is also much better if you want to talk abut or see anything about a particular game sans the threads like KS general where it's nothing but ERP.

In fact all your examples prove how better it is except VR which just needs to allow PS2.
>>
File: 1445812186366.jpg (26 KB, 215x365) Image search: [Google]
1445812186366.jpg
26 KB, 215x365
People who play exclusively Japanese games are literally the most autistic people I've come across in my entire life, worse than fucking furries at this point, and this thread only proves that further. It's not about being a weeb, shit I like some weeb games myself but to restrict yourself and suck Nippon cock for the rest of your life is literally the most autistic thing this website has seen.
>>
>>315359532
Cool false flag
>>
File: ClassicFirsthandCrocodileskink.webm (654 KB, 852x476) Image search: [Google]
ClassicFirsthandCrocodileskink.webm
654 KB, 852x476
>>315359403
Yeah because all of the DOA threads talk about quality games not filled with a thousand dollars worth of DLC.

DOAX3 is being bough Day 0.
>>
>>315359532
Please name all the good western games I've missed out on in the past 5 years, and don't mention indie games because I do play those but you can't talk about them on /v/ anyway so it's irrelevant. The best one I've played was The Witcher 2 and 3 and those were not even that great, just not horrible.
>>
File: 45646565_p1_master1200.jpg (408 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
45646565_p1_master1200.jpg
408 KB, 600x800
>>315359593
Does the truth hurt that much? Maybe you're right OP, let's have a /vj/, it will just be like /mlp/ a containment board for autism and school shooters. Make it a honeypot, please hiroshima. As long as I can still discuss japanese vidya on /v/ though.
>>
>>315359853
Even more false flagging.
>>
>>315359682
Still better than MK and KI. Hell even business wise it's better than MK.

>Buy a Fatality.
>>
>>315359895
You're just continuing to prove me right lmao
>>
>>315359853
sound good to me.

Make a /vj/ and keep /v/ as /v/.
>>
>>315359985
>lmao
Way to out yourself SJW
>>
>>315359774
Just kinda butting into your conversation here but have you tried Deus Ex Human Revolution?
>>
>>315359853
>/vj/ is going to be a literally /vg/ again
and the same waifufaggots and weeabos will post on /v/ and you know it.
Just look /vg/ and /v/ waifu threads. Nothing is going to change.
>>
>>315359929
That's an ez input for shitters who can't input. Exploiting the weak while still releasing new content in a sensible manner.

> Hell even business wise it's better than MK.
Naw. MKX is pretty normal as Fighting games go and on the better side.

>KI
KI is actually developed decent and doesn't have a bunch of gamebreaking bugs and a shitty meta like DOA. Fuck DOAfags don't even play DOA multiplayer. The problem with KI is that it's on xbone and M$ really fucked up on this console.
>>
>>315359532
There isn't a single modern Western game that is worth playing. Western industry was ruined by "cinematic expeirences", massive casualization and SJW pandering. The only people besides Japs that can still make decent games are Slavs.
>>
>>315359774
Deus Ex HR, the Metro series, the Stalker series, mount & blade, paradox grand strat, divinity original sin, witcher, just cause, cities skylines, man I could go on all day. But I wasted my time cause you're gonna nitpick this list of games you've not played and make apply criticism that could very well also apply to your precious Japanese games, maybe even more so.
>>
>>315360078
Yes. Deus Ex is exactly the kind of western thing I like in movie and book form, but the gameplay was just so outstandingly bad and boring I couldn't like it. Jensen's voice was also terrible. The game had good art direction but the character models themselves just looked disgusted. I tried my hardest but I couldn't beat the game. A combination of being disgusted by everybody and terrible gameplay just prevented me from doing so.

I can understand why people like it though. If it played like a MGS game or even Crysis I probably would of really enjoyed it.
>>
>>315360532
I feel like you're one of those guys who generally only enjoys single player games like RPGs.
>>
>>315360532
>but the gameplay was just so outstandingly bad
How? It's a pretty standard FPS with stealth elements, if you enjoy the setting I don't think the choice style of gameplay would impede you that much to where you couldn't even complete it.
>>
>>315360052
You didn't love the level design and the way it allowed you to get through certain sections in multiple ways, the way the game rewarded you for exploration? Maybe try going for more of a stealth run, heck non-lethal if you feel up to the challenge , it makes a lot of these great things stand out quite a bit.
>>
>>315360447
>Stalker
This was not made in the past 5 years.

>Deus Ex HR

>>315360532

>Mount and Blade

I also do not like the combat in that. I had a friend explain to me in detail why he loved it and tried it and could not get behind the combat.

>Paradox grand strategy

Map simulators bore me. I've only played EU3 and hear it's a more "light wieght" one and it's already too much for me.

>Divinity Original Sin

I do not like games like Diablo. I could of swore I played a game with a name like Divinity that was more of a third person RPG, but mechanically I have deep issues with games like that.

>The Witcher

Literal post you are responding to.

>Just Cause

I played Just Cause 2. Open world games get insanely boring insanely fast. It was fun for a few hours and then a few more hours with multiplayer.

>Cities Skylines

I don't even like games like that.

>Metro

I accidentally skipped this. I never played Last Light and never beat 2033, but I did almost beat 2033 before never playing again for no good reason and I did actually enjoy it for my entire time playing.

That being said, I could have not played any of those games you mentioned and not feel like I was missing out. Most of them are not even terrible. For the genre they are in, I actually enjoy them more than others (IE Just Cause is one of my "favorite" open world games but I don't like them that much in the first place.) The original argument mentioned how autistic I am, but honestly to play a paradox game or even something like Cities Skylines you would have to be autistic. I would rather just go out and hike. That being said, if you enjoy them, more power to you. I won't say they are shit because I fundamentally do not like them because of personal preference.
>>
>>315353143
>good board
>4chan
Pick one
>>
>>315361256
Why stop yourself from playing them though, you'll find subpar experiences just as much in japan, especially since most of them are moving towards the mobile market and starting to give less shit about full home console games. It's just as bad as restricting yourself to one platform in my opinion, I don't understand people who do that.
>>
>>315361256
Sounds like you don't enjoy most things.
>>
>>315360795
Single player JRPG's are probably my favorite genre, but my favorite types of western games are actually arena shooters and I have a lot of hours in those. Western games used to be very fast paced and fun but not anymore. Now they are all slow, "realistic" and boring to me.

>>315360863
For me, a standard FPS is something like Doom. Deus Ex is really slow and you die insanely fast, even with a bunch of upgrades. Not only that, it is one of those games that does not do cover shooting well at all in my opinion. The game could of been made more bearable by being a third person shooter. I mean, for example, during this time I played, enjoyed and beat Mass Effect 2 after having already enjoyed Mass Effect 2 and felt even though it had it's share of problems and the non alien characters still looked disgusting (they took that one hot model and made her character model ugly as shit, Miranda was her name I think) I would say it was overall a relatively good game. Deus Ex's gameplay was just really bad.
>>
Weebs, you can pretend you're not as vile shitflingers as the western pigs you so desperately wish you weren't, but you're just as retarded and prone to ill-informed knee-jerk opinions as the rest of us.
>>
>>315360447
>Deus Ex HR

Casualized shit with piss filter and awful gameplay.

>the Metro series

Not Western.

>the Stalker series

Not Western.

>mount & blade

Not Western.

>paradox grand strat

Parakek rehashes have been terrible recently.

>divinity original sin

Another WRPG with shitty clunky combat. No thanks.

>witcher

Not Western.

>just cause

Mediocre open world garbage.

>cities skylines

Looks like the only real exception there, but I don't give a fuck about city building games.
>>
>>315361675
Well, you'll miss out on the new unreal tourney I guess. I know you said you don't like indie games but you might like hotline miami
>>
>>315361872
What's clunky about div OS combat? For some reason I don't think you've played it.
>>
>>315361606
There is no restriction. I have never told myself "no western games." Western games have stopped being good, or are games like mentioned in that post that don't cater to my interest at all. Games like Assassins Creed, Batman and Shadows of Mordor are hailed as these amazing games when they are all just really sub par experiences with high production values. That doesn't do it for me. I don't care how shit a game looks, it just has to play really well and be fun. If a western game was announced that fit this description I will play it. I am going to try Overwatch because TF2 was a really fun before they added 8000 items and even now it's a passable experience. I have the Unreal Alpha and enjoy that even though all the levels are blocks. I enjoy indie games made in the west. Shovel Knight was great. I liked Bastion and Transistor, even despite their flaws. I don't have any arbitrary restriction on what I like, I just don't like main stream western games, and you can't talk about something like Transistor on /v/ anyway, and I do like mainstream non mobile Japanese games, so a division of /v/ into /v/ and /vj/ would mean I would be with a bunch of faggots who just generally don't like western shit too released nowadays too and would be a much better board.

>>315361636
I enjoy plenty of things, even mediocre things as long as I find them fun.
>>
File: 1422938174017.jpg (143 KB, 705x720) Image search: [Google]
1422938174017.jpg
143 KB, 705x720
>>315353297
What about those of us who do want to actually talk about the games but get posts ignored because they aren't
>look at this nep
>which nep would you fuck?
>uni is my universe
>I'm going marry blanc!
>I can't beat Noire help!

You have /e/ and /u/ if you just wanna image dump.
>>
>>315361921
Nope. Like I said, I already have the new UT on my PC. I think it's fun and really enjoyable already.

I also specifically said I do like indie games. I've already beaten Hotline Miami. I am currently playing Lisa as well.
>>
>>315361675
For me the standard is exactly what it says, "the standard". Arcade shooters aren't abundant. What I'm getting from what you're telling me is that the game was too hard for you and you could not adapt to make more rational decisions with higher stakes.
>>
>>315362130
What is there to say about the games at this point that hasn't been said? They have been out for such a long time now. You can have "discussion" about the new ones, but general discussions about the series are obviously going to devolve into the typical shitty "which Nep has the purest farts." posting.
>>
>>315362040
You take like three hours to kill low level enemies. It's the most boring shit ever.
>>
>>315362309
Well yes, your logic is objectively true because that is what standard FPS have become so how I personally feel does not matter.

However, the second statement is wrong. The game is not too hard. It's boring. Forcing me into a certain play style to win is boring. That is why I said I do not like the game and the gameplay. Crysis at the real difficulties even have a similar problem but it's not even as bad as HR.

That being said, if you enjoy stealth shooters that aren't MGS you would probably like HR. I don't think the combat is broken or anything, I said it's bad and that is by my own subjective standards. If that is your thing I'm not going to argue that you should also think it's bad because it's your opinion and we are both entitled to them.
>>
>>315361872
Eastern Europe is still western civilization by the standards of video games anon.
>>
Ban "What am I in for/What should I expect?" poster.

I don't understand why these fuckers don't just play the games or /v/ doesn't just spoil the games.
>>
> Japanese games

So all of Nintendo?
>>
>>315362663
>Turkey
>Eastern Europe
>Europe
>>
Hiro, if you are reading this, and you decide to create a japanese game board, please name it /jv/. Do not name it /vj/.
>>
File: yars revenge.webm (2 MB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
yars revenge.webm
2 MB, 640x420
Metroid Prime is a game by a Western developer that was published by an Eastern company. The Eastern company owns the IP.

Just Cause 2 is a game by a Western developer that was published by an Eastern company. The Eastern company owns the IP.

Which game belongs in /v/ and which belongs in a hypothetical /vj/?
>>
>>315363213
Metroid Prime may be a Western game, but Metroid is a Japanese franchise. Therefore, it belongs on /jv/.

All non-Japanese developers are "Western". This includes Chinese and Korean.
>>
>>315363023
Hiro, if you're reading this, please don't listen to this anon and not split /v/ again.
>>
>>315362954
Pay dentbs
>>
>>315363337
To fix what I fucked up on. Square did not publish JC2. They distributed it. Eidos published it.

Either way, publisher doesn't matter.

1. Franchise origin
2. Developer origin
>>
>>315363213
Just Cause is a western game made by a western studio published by a western studio.

The sequel is made by the same people, but the publishers were bought by Japs. Nothing else changed. Nobody actually thinks Tomb Raider for example is a "Japaense game."

Retro however got a Japanese IP, worked on it and also the Japs were still part of the process of creation at Retro. It can go on /vj/. Any Nintendo game can.
>>
>>315362416
Really? Sounds like you're just bad or fucked up your skills cause I didn't really have a problem like that.
>>
>>315363610

So Just Cause is out. How about Sleeping Dogs? They've never had any affiliation with Eidos and it's a new IP.
>>
File: Capture.png (243 KB, 273x827) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
243 KB, 273x827
>>315363213
I'm seeing both Jap and Western names there. I think it would be one of those rare cases where you could allow it on both boards.
>>
>>315363678
Of course I'm exaggerating a bit, but the combat is still very slow and boring. It would play better if it was a Diablo clone.
>>
Jesus Christ video games are video games, why break the board up?

I can see western cartoons and /a/ being split up, but there's no point to having a video games board split up.
>>
>>315364021
Do you just not like turn based combat? A lot of jrpgs are like that though, how can you like jap games then?
>>
>>315363810
Sleeping Dogs was originally part of the True Crime series and made by United Front Games and Square Enix LONDON.

Another example is Project Hammer. If Project Hammer was released as it was originally meant to be it would also be a western game but honestly nobody would care if you talked about it on /vj/ because you are just trying to be autistic for the sake of argument.

Nobody would have these questions. The only shit post that would happen would be IS DARK SOULS VJ? to which it would be sticked with a mod saying yes then everybody would go about their business.
>>
>>315346261
Cute. Are you going to ask me to triforce to prove that my autism fits your standards?
>>
>>315364269
>Do you just not like turn based combat?

DoS is infinitely slower than any turn based JRPG I've ever played, the closest thing in slowness I can compare to is Earthbound, but yeah, I have to admit I like to speed up the combat when I play JRPGs in an emulator or if they allow me to do that. I generally prefer JRPGs that don't have turn based combat. They're some of the best.
>>
>>315364597

>Sleeping Dogs was originally part of the True Crime series

If we're going by scrapped development history, Plok! for the SNES would be a Japanese game because it was originally going to be developed by Nintendo.

>The only shit post that would happen would be IS DARK SOULS VJ? to which it would be sticked with a mod saying yes then everybody would go about their business.

I see GO BACK TO VIDYA BOARD [X] all the time on here, on /vp/ and on /vr/. Combine that with the Western vs. Japanese shitposting on /v/ and it'll be unbearable.
>>
/a/ and /co/ is two boards. I don't see the problem with splitting /v/.
>>
>>315366741
>Eastern board /a/ while not as great as it was once is still a decent board
>Western board /co/ is terrible dogshit

gib /vj/ or i report u hiro
>>
If we're splitting /v/ into Western and Japanese, then please contain the Undertalefags to the Western one. Just because their garbage has a few "due anime lmao" references and was somewhat inspired by JRPGs does not make it okay go on /jv/.
>>
/jav/ - Japanese Anime & Video Games
>>
Yeah let's start arguing about a theoretical problem
>>
>>315344438
>To fix /v/, just make Japanese video games a separate board.
No, don't do this. We don't need another fucking split, we need mods who actually read the damn rules and follow them exactly as written.
>>
>>315344438
Yeah sure, split the boards like that. Because obviously it won't just make people come into the japanese /v/ to say how much western games are better and vice versa while triggering everybody into a massive shitposting parade.

No sir, no danger here, not in this place filled with the most intelligent and calm individuals. Nuh-uh, nah, nope.
>>
File: japan memes.jpg (1 MB, 2376x2152) Image search: [Google]
japan memes.jpg
1 MB, 2376x2152
I agree with this. Jap board can also have best character threads too without normies sperging their shit.

It's time to end this nonsense. We're all tired of having to deal with westernfags.
>>
>>315369898
Nah, Undertale belongs on /vj/. That would be the containment board dedicated to shitposting and other low-quality content. A perfect place for Undertale.
>>
>>315352004
>People like him whined hard enough and got a sequestered /mlp/.

That actually worked though. I haven't seen /mlp/ shit here since it happened and the people on the board don't seem to ever complain about the fact that they can't post about mlp on other boards.
>>
check my 5
>>
I cna't believe you people are really considering this braindead idea.

Tell me, how would the boards IMPROVE at all, by being split by regionality?
>>
>to fix /v/, do this
>honestly, it may not fix /v/

Make up your fucking mind OP.
>>
reposting best argument

All the fucking cancer in this thread hoping to split up and destroy /v/. What the fuck.

I'd be willing to bet my life the only people who want western and eastern games split up are fucking jrpg weaboo dicklords.

How fucking retarded is this? So Dark Souls threads will be in eastern /v/? MGS threads will be in eastern /v/? Despite both of them adopting western style gameplay?

Are all you faggots complaining about 'console wars' going to get rid of 'pc masterace'? - You dick minglets do you realize that half the fun of /v/ comes from it's combative, angry nature right?

Do you filthy newfags want to turn this into a new neogaf? Make it more like reddit?

Half of you dipshit no brain chrome drome mother fuckers complaining about

>b-ban feminism
>b-b-ban e celeb
>b-ban console wars
>b-ban any sort of trolling

are some of the most gay, newfaggoted, reddit tier mongol retards that infest /v/. You know what I do when I see a thread I don't like?

I DON'T FUCKING CLICK ON IT.

But if those things, which can all be brought back to relating to vidya, become popular on the board - then let them remain. If the only way to stop them being popular is you little piss babies crying to the mods to have them banned/removed - maybe you should remove yourself from this website, you fat neckbeard pig.
>>
>>315354667
This is retard
Why people are spergjng spilling east and west
And what you descript are basically thr vc/ idea other anons already suggest
>>
File: Crow.jpg (31 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Crow.jpg
31 KB, 615x409
I can't wait to shitpost my weebshit in /vj/ and destroy it from the inside
>>
>>315352329
I'd be okay with all of these except #1. If I want to make 5 threads about 5 different topics over the course of a day, I shouldn't have the same ID for all 5 of them.
>>
File: sexist.png (3 MB, 1338x1774) Image search: [Google]
sexist.png
3 MB, 1338x1774
Please Hiro, let /vj/ happen. We don't want to share board with insufferable westernfags anymore.
>>
>>315344438

You are a minority. You don't matter to the majority, your opinion means nothing to the majority.

Don't like it? Leave. No one cares if you are mad at the way things are. Just leave. Go somewhere else.
>>
>>315353143
Wait I thought you were asking for a /jv/ board because you wanted less shitposting.

But what you actually want is for threads about games you don't consider good to be removed even if they have good discussion?

That's pretty fucking retarded my man.
>>
File: Anita-Sarkeesian-Screenshot.jpg (40 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
Anita-Sarkeesian-Screenshot.jpg
40 KB, 615x345
I think /v/ would be greatly improved if it just focused more on the sexism, cisexim, transphobic, homophobic and misogyny present in each and every video game ever made..

Trust me, Ive been playing video games my whole life
>>
>>315370491
Well our side of the board would be better without you in it loser.
>>
/v/ and 4chan need to go back to being heavy on japanese culture.

Fuck these normalfags pandering they don't care about 4chan.
>>
These threads have now fully devolved into a few users pushing out their personal pet issues and deranged grudges, east vs west and console war shitposting garbage and debates.

It perfectly showcases the worst aspects of /v/.
>>
>>315370581
>MGS and Dark Souls are western games
This proves how retarded westernfags are and should've long been banned from 4chan.
>>
If we actually have ID we could see how many times OP falsefaggjng in this very thread
>>
>>315344438
You are the problem with this board. You are the biggest hypocritical piece of shit that plagues the biggest issues that surround this board.

If you can't see why you are the problem that is why this board is garbage.
>>
>>315370491
For one it would get rid of retards like you who go into an 179 post thread and then decide there isn't a single argument in it and demand people argue at you.
>>
>>315370739
use 4chanX
>>
>>315370581
You got shit for this retarded post in the other thread already.

No need to spam this everywhere now.
>>
Enforce lurk moar.
Ban spoonfeeding.
>>
File: 1443313406953.jpg (181 KB, 665x892) Image search: [Google]
1443313406953.jpg
181 KB, 665x892
You western and normalfags already lost.

The new words filter is proof of that.
>>
File: moot.jpg (150 KB, 750x740) Image search: [Google]
moot.jpg
150 KB, 750x740
>>315370679
I want what moot said realized. He knew 4chan was a sinking ship if it was keep going to adapt itself to normie influence. Right now /v/ is like GameFaqs. This shit needs to be saved.
>>
>>315344438
you're garbage
>>
>>315370581
So if Dark Souls adopted a Western style of gameplay, can you tell me the game whose gameplay it was trying to adopt?

Because I can tell you Final Fantasy adopted Wizardy style gameplay and everything else, so we can consider that a western style Japanese game as well as Dragon Quest.
>>
>>315370773

I've been in all these threads since the start. It's all the same shitposts now. The same east vs west images, the same regurgitated opinions, the same blatant shitposting bait made to anger.
>>
>>315370692
I agree with you, but wouldn't it be correct to say that >>315370679 is somewhat right?
>>
>>315370804
>one of westfags biggest games of the year turns out to be an absolute shitfest
I'm loving all this fallout 4 damage control
>>
>>315370731
>>315370857
>>315370794

>mgs and dark souls threads would belong in the same board as panty quest and menu simulator threads

move along here /v/, nothing to see
>>
>>315357257
>It would pretty much be Neptunia, DOA, and Blazblue circlejerks with no one playing games
That's because there's not much to talk about with them, but if you go into a DoA thread or a BB thread talking like a scrub and whining about mechanics you don't understand, someone who knows their shit will be there to shut your bitching down every time.
>>
>>315344438
Combine /v/ and /l/

The amount of video game discussion would be the same and the lolis would scare away fags from other websites.
>>
File: check'em_moot_version.jpg (104 KB, 300x329) Image search: [Google]
check'em_moot_version.jpg
104 KB, 300x329
>>315370825
ban weebs
allow otakus

problem solved

prove me wrong

you can't
>>
>>315370663
More proof western retards cannot read and should be contained to /v/.
>>
>>315370885
baka desu, senpai
>>
I want to be free from these disgusting normalfags and e-celebs kids.

Give me a japanese video games board.
>>
File: 1381852985255.jpg (578 KB, 1540x1564) Image search: [Google]
1381852985255.jpg
578 KB, 1540x1564
>>315370885
Most of it are CDPR shills. They love shitposting other games. They've been doing it all year without mods stepping in since mods are incompetent. Anyone in a Witcher thread will after five minutes realize what insecure fuckers those Polacks are.
>>
If I'm playing both MGS and Witcher why should I have to browse two different boards for it? They're all videogames. Ther'es no "MY BOARD WILL BE PURE OF SHITPOTING AND PROTECTED BY GODLY MODS 24/7 FOREVER AND EVER!!!".
>>
>>315370913
>>315370913
>this westfag delusion
You're a complete retard
>>
>>315370913
>mgs and dark souls threads would belong in the same board as panty quest and menu simulator threads
Sure.
Are you angry because the japanese made some games you like?
>>
this desu senpai
>>
>>315370863
There was not a single east vs west image in this thread until after you posted. Please kill yourself.
>>
File: paz-metalgear.jpg (50 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
paz-metalgear.jpg
50 KB, 500x712
>>315370913
This retarded fucking westfag in action.
>>
>>315370983
>>315370973
>>315370885
>>315370913
>>315371052

Look at this shit. Just more shitposting, every single post is a form of bait or just garbage. Can't you people fucking see this?

Why do you people intentionally and deliberately try to make /v/ worse?
>>
File: ciri20.jpg (143 KB, 381x899) Image search: [Google]
ciri20.jpg
143 KB, 381x899
>>315370973
>>
>>315370913
>Japanese game means game I don't like.

You can talk about whatever you want on your shitty board, just don't be on the same board as me.
>>
>>315370981
this

weebs are on SUICIDE WATCH

they just want panty shots
>>
>>315353143
>There is not a single good Assassins Creed game and Bestheda has not even made a decent game in the last 10 years. Get it out of the board. Only a retard could have an opinion different than this, why should I be forced to share a board with them?

>CoD used to be laughed at on /v/, now there are constant threads about it.

>>315370663
>But what you actually want is for threads about games you don't consider good to be removed even if they have good discussion?

>>315370942
>More proof western retards cannot read and should be contained to /v/.

What part did I not understand?
>>
File: 1425871558486.jpg (174 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1425871558486.jpg
174 KB, 1024x576
>>315370913
Average westfags, everyone.
>>
>>315371089

If I say WESTIE FAG or NINTENODRONE or POLLACKS SHILLING TUMBLR MEME WEEBSHIT GAME SHIT BAN BAN BAN BAN, it makes it goodposting!! I'm a smart good nice poster!
>>
>>315371089
Damage control harder you retard
>>
File: red.gif (2 MB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
red.gif
2 MB, 353x234
>>315344438
>Honestly, that may not fix /v/, but I don't care
>>
>>315370993
I don't dislike japanese games except JRPG's. Having a board for 'japanese games' would turn into shitty, filthy infested boards like /a/. There would be zero good discussion.

>>315370983
>delusion
>thinking games like dark souls or dragon quest could even exist if not for the existence of the west

end yourself suddoku style senpai

>>315371052
>examplifying why weaboos shouldn't get what they want beccause they whine about it a lot

>>315371089
>defending the splitting up of /v/
>shitpost

your post is literally just a complaint about people criticizing legitimate things pls go.

>>315371108
>triggered by western games
back to tumblr

>>315371161
>posting weaboo avatar
>thinking it's an argument

top kek had a good laugh
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (697 KB, 1028x484) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
697 KB, 1028x484
You guys can stop trying to pretend this is even possible to happen.

The results are clear, /v/ is not getting split any further. Deal with it weeaboos.
>>
>>315371216

Who!? Who do you think I am fucking damage controlling for? You're all equally garbage. This is another example of braindead shitposting.
>>
>>315353392

seconded for dubs
>>
>>315370942
Americans are illiterate, what's new? Pretty sad actually.
>>
>>315371246
After a while, you stop giving a shit about /v/ since this place is overrun by NeoFaggers anyways. There's no saving /v/. But atleast we can save a part of it.

>>315371260
So we can be rid of retards like him.
>>
post more widowmaker
>>
>>315371362

So this isn't about improving /v/ at all but you wanting your own private hobby board for yourself where you can ban all the games and users you don't like and throw around buzzwords at every turn like westernfag normiefag neofag tumblrfag etc etc?
>>
>>315371362
But then we'd be appeasing retards like you. If you think /v/ is so shit that it's beyond saving, then leave.
>>
Japanese /v/ would still have console shitposting.
>>
>>315344438
But I like games from both sides of the compass, anon.

Other anons have said it, all /v/ needs is better moderation. I'm not even saying that LOL threads or anything like that need to go, just that obvious bait threads and console war bullshit shouldn't be tolerated, and get pruned within a couple minutes of appearing.

Instead of making another goddamned board to moderate, just put more, better qualified mods on this one. As it stands, the mods only intervene when they see something they personally don't like, and do jack shit to upkeep the board. They'll strike down civil, fun, late night off-topic discussion about hot sauce, but leave NEVER EVER bullshit up until it image caps.
>>
>>315371313
>1313
Checked matey.
>>
>>315371493
Westernfags are the equivalents of mexicans.
They have invaded 4chan, a place where they aren't welcome.
They need to be quarantined or removed.
>>
File: lili.png (608 KB, 626x1274) Image search: [Google]
lili.png
608 KB, 626x1274
>>315371493
No I want to improve /v/. But I know it's impossible with westernfags like you around who keeps parading their shitty taste and becomes emotionally offended when someone talks about a girl in a videogame. I've long learnt to adjust my expectations.
>>
>>315371531
yep
NX will suck anyway
>>
>>315371362
>>315371161
>>315371052
>>315371108

>souls follows a wrpg format
>guy who made it literally said he used to brokenly read english folk tales as a child and used them for inspiration
>inspired by berserk also - writer of berserk also inspired by western fantasy
>not understanding that jrpg and wrpg don't simply mean where they were made, but the style of game they inhabit

I guess all you motherfuckers called chinese restaurants in america 'american restaurants' and american food, because it was made there? right?
>>
>>315371336
>Nobody replied to your shitpost

That sucks dude, have one on the house.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.