[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heres a realistic question for all you consumers. From wha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 24
Heres a realistic question for all you consumers.

From what I understand Americans after they pay their rent and everything are left with quite a lot of money.

This is disposable income after tax per country.
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Cost-of-living/Average-monthly-disposable-salary/After-tax

But let's specifically talk about the US. Since theres tons of data.

I'm from a shity country.

I earn 578$ after paying rent and all I'm left with about 100~300$ depending on season (winter heating costs a lot)

So for my income, I can then buy say 2~5 games a month. I don't but thats about my limit.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+States&country2=Croatia&city1=Tyler%2C+TX&city2=Osijek

Now in the US, you seem to be let with a good 1000~1500$ dollars on average as a 27 year old single living in a flat.

So literally you can buy 10 games at 60$ full price each month and not give a fuck.

My question is basically. Why the fuck is /v/ so faggy about buying games and preorders. Who cares it's 60 out of 1000...

I have to care because it's 60 out of 100 or 200.

But out of a fucking 1000. I'd buy like every single new game I wanted without a secound thouhg.
>>
Having more money > having less money

Those purchases add up

Also nice text wall gay boy
>>
>>315312192
First, take this mindset of "I have to buy things" out of the fucking window.

This step will take you a lot of time, possibly years. Your brain has to mature into an understanding that "I don't actually have to spend money on things" is a reality.

Step 2, once you have matured enough to realize you don't have to spend money, check your hobby, in our case is vidya, which of these following games should I spend money with? Bear in mind, you have learned to NOT spend money on things just because, but instead you are looking for a REASON to spend that money on a videogame.

After a lot of research and constant weeks of shitposting on /v/ you will come to realize you want a game. You have of course, pirate it before hand because you are not paying for anything more than necessary. So now you need to transform all the fun that game gave you into a monetary value.

In my case, I mostly try to pay full price if I liked the game a lot, and only on sale for mediocre games. Then you never touch the game again, you already played it to death when you pirated it, no need to play it.

Pre order? Are you fucking retarded? If the game isn't out there is no game, if there is no game there is no money. Simple as that.

And even after a game exists, there is no money if there is no fun, so piracy is essential. Luckily now us pirates have it even easier now with the refund system, we can now also "pirate" multiplayer games and check them out, if you don't like them just refund them.

Thus, you have a lot of money for you, a lot of games for you, a lot of pirated games for you, and an industry supported only by what deserves to be supported according to your fun.

Also, there is no such thing as brand loyalty or studio loyalty. Only interest, if a studio I like makes a new game, I will pirate it as soon as possible, otherwise I wait for /v/ to mention it.

Learn2real life. Just because you have money doesn't mean you should waste it, Jake.
>>
>>315312192
Americans are tons of debt. They can't buy shit because they're still paying for stuff they bought five years ago.
>>
>>315313569
It's Pavel and you guys buying a game is literally my equivalent of going to a cinema. Tickets cost like 3$
>>
>>315312192
Because I'm only left with $50 per month after my essential expenditures.
>>
File: 1446339774999.jpg (122 KB, 489x705) Image search: [Google]
1446339774999.jpg
122 KB, 489x705
>>315312192
Because I'm a NEET that lives with his parents.
>>
>>315314165
I'm curious what are they?

Rent
Electricity
Internet/Mobile Phone
Heating (In winter Gas or whatever)
Water
City expenses (Trash, Sewage)
Car/Monthly pass

Is there anything else?
What does it amount to?
Are student loans killing it?
>>
File: 1368089793940.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1368089793940.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>It costs more to go to work than to provide yourself with the basic needs of nutrition
>>
>>315312192

Preordering games is female logic.

Buying items based off brand name and marketing hype rather than based off customer reviews and what you've seen or felt with your own senses.

Buying games is perfectly fine. Pirating is only worth it if you're poor and your opportunity cost is low. If you get paid a lot of money, your time is more valuable and thus the cost of pirating increases.
>>
>>315312192
Your assumption is that the average age of this board is at a point where they can make money. It's probably maybe 18-22 years old, so nobody has a good job

Also preorders are cancer regardless of how much money you have
>>
>>315312192
Your question is built on a number of assumptions that are almost certainly true.
Primarily, you are using numbers that are generally inapplicable to a user base that skews young. I imagine most of /v/ are either students or employed in low-income positions, so fhe idea that they (we) have $12,000 in disposabke income is almost certainly widlely inaccurate.
>>
>>315315182
I get all of that but it's such a tiny number for you guys.

I mean it's like me considering wherever not to go eat a pizza today. I like eat in a Pizza restaurant 2 times a month because I really like pizza. So I mean why not buy 2 game sa month because you like video games.

Did I have bad pizza sure. Would I stop going to that place because of 1 bad pizza among tons of good ones. Hell no.
>>
>>315315312
I am simply putting myself in your position.

I'm 27 I work a meh sort of okayish but boring programming job and I'm getting payed about the average salary in my country.

I know I'd earn a lot more for the same work in the US it's not question.
>>
>>315314065
The difference will be when you turn 40 and still have to work while I will retire by then with all the money I saved.
>>
>>315315512
There are no benefits to preordering
Games are no longer a physical media, so its impossible to run out of copies.
Waiting reviews costs you a day at most, and can potetially save you $60. Very few people make enough money that $60 is a trivial amount so why not just wait a day and see?
Preorder bonuses are universally gimmicks.
>>
>>315315887
You'll retire when you're 40? How does that work and why isn't everyone doing it.

At 40 I think the last thing on your mind will be how to not earn money.
>>
>>315315786
But my point is you are not putting yourself in their position.
The average user does not have $1000 a month in disposable income, I suspect its actually closer to $100.
And that $100 is for all nonessential costs, not just games.
>>
File: 1442038760814.jpg (23 KB, 467x308) Image search: [Google]
1442038760814.jpg
23 KB, 467x308
>Why the fuck is /v/ so faggy about buying games and preorders. Who cares it's 60 out of 1000.
Because nowadays companies are releasing broken/incomplete pieces of shit and you only find out about this after the game comes out.
>yeah but you have so much money why do you care
It doesn't matter if you can afford one $60 game per month or one thousand; by preordering games you're enabling developers who pull shady stuff on their costumers. You're basically telling them "Hey, it's okay if you release a shitty game because I'm a fucking retard and I'll buy it in ADVANCE anyways!"; it's not about being able to waste your money, it's about being smart enough to not do it. They call it "having standards", and it's obvious that you have none.
>>
>>315316056
Not him, but I would assume you live by yourself/dont have kids, have a great job, and save money rather than spend it.
Not complicated.
>>
>>315315957
It's not about preorders mate. I'm looking at incomes in high earning countries and seeing exactly how trivial 60$ is to them compared to me.

You guys if you eat at home one month and don't go out can basically in 2 months have an

i7 6700k 980ti and 32 GB of DDR4 ram

It took me 3 years of saving to get that. So I'm you know wondering. Why aren't games bought more? Why do people complaing about pissing 300~400$ away on a console it's literally nothing for you guys compared to me who has to work 1 year to afford a console.

I like gaming a lot. Most of my 2x savings went into it by proxy such as PC or directly in it such as consoles and games.
>>
>>315316056
>How does that work
easy, save money instead of wasting it like the OP suggest you to do.
>>
>>315316204
How is that even possible I'm curious. Every single say student that goes to work in America comes home with loads of cash by being a waiter or cook or some low income job.

What costs so much in america that you have the same income after everything as me in Croatia?
>>
>>315312192

Because I was raised with a thrifty, save your money mentality. So even though I make $100,000+ a year, I'm still waiting on black Friday deals to buy a Wii U.

Also, you don't climb out of poverty by spending money on things you can't sell at a higher value later. Come on brah
>>
>>315316420
So you're going to have a trust fund that generates % of income?

Are you going to directly spend it? You think you can earn in 25 years for the next 50? What?
>>
>>315316625
>for the next 50
what

use your brain anon
>>
>>315316773
You're 40. You go retire with "saved money"
Life expectancy is above 80 and climbing each year. Predicted 120 easy in the next 40 years.

So I'm using it and I don't get it.
>>
>>315316514
My roomate is a good example.
He works 39 hours a week ("part time") and goes school the rest of the time.
He makes around $13000 a year, rent is 300, utilities are 200-300, then there's food, 300 a month.
Those are minimum expenses, no healthcare, haircuts, insurance, transportation, etc.
>>
>>315316920
Doesn't that imply the average person can afford medical care?
>>
>>315316920
>Predicted 120 easy
lol

holy shit I can't believe the shit you are saying
>>
>>315316562
I get that I do that too. But I do it because I'm literally 11 times less money then you are.

But you're not going to become poor if spend 1000$ out of that money on gaming a year.
>>
File: 1439559110152.jpg (14 KB, 227x236) Image search: [Google]
1439559110152.jpg
14 KB, 227x236
>>315312192
>Buy/pre-order games blindly like a retard and waste hundreds/thousands of dollars
OR
>Pick your games carefully by trying out demos, looking up reviews/gameplay and listening to the word of mouth: Enjoy good, quality games + Save money

You're basically suggesting me to choose the first option only because "I can afford it". If everyone in your country thinks like you then it's no wonder why you're all poor.
>>
File: tumblr_np85gfJpMO1qa1arxo1_1280.jpg (201 KB, 831x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np85gfJpMO1qa1arxo1_1280.jpg
201 KB, 831x750
>>315312192
>Average income of 60k
This sounds like pure unfiltered BULLSHIT. Are the people who make billions a year pulling up the majority who make nothing?
>>
>>315316978
What happen when he gets a full time job and earns 30,000?

I'm pretty sure healthcare, haircuts, insurance, transportation, etc. are covered by now by 1/3 his 3 times larger salary. He should have 1/3 now left.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 584x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 584x622
>>315315038
>America
>Basic nutrition
>>
>>315317254
60k is household income before taxes
Individual income is 35k or something.
>>
Just because we have more spending money doesn't me we are more inclined to spend that money
I especially grew up frugal, and now that I have more than enough spending money to willy nilly buy whatever the fuck I want to, I will still reason with myself that I either don't have to buy it, don't need it, or will wait for a sale
you don't get the money to buy nice things by spending your money repetitively son
maybe I want to save up 1000 out of a 1000 every month and eventually buy a better car?
why should I buy things I don't need, Todd?
>>
>>315317254
households, not individuals
>>
>>315317268
He would not make much more at fulltime, and fulltime isnt easy to get. He's worked at the groccery store for 4 years and hasnt been offered fulltime. Fulltime really just means 1-4k more, plus health insurance, we he doesnt currently have at all.
Once he has graduated he can look for a better job, but not until then.
>>
>>315317337
>>315317532
>Amalgamated income
>List of purchases are mostly individual rather than shared expenditures.

This wasn't made with an agenda at all!
>>
>>315317268
No one makes double once they get fulltime, its really not any more money, just benefits like sick days and insurance.
>>
>>315317369
Because you enjoy gaming and games?

Why should you buy a better car? It's literally a transport vehicle. Who cares if it's this or that. It's literally a status symbol. Cars are literally one of the prime examples of wasting money by far. And people waste so much money on cars it's literally mind boggling to me.

People justify buying 60.000$ car that last max 7 years but can't justify spending 60.000$ on games over a 60 year period.
>>
>>315317703
Those do not seem like individual expenditures to me.
>>
>>315317709
Hes not going to become a full time McDolands employee please. Hes going to find a job with his college degree that obviously pays 3 times as much because thats what a college degree should afford you.It's called education for a reason.
>>
>>315318047
That's the idea, but not for the immediate future. Your question was about why the /v/ userbase complains so much. That user base isn't composed of fulltime college graduates in good paying jobs, its composed primairly of student and part-time workers/unemployed people.
>>
>>315313569
>You have, of course, pirated it beforehand.
Stopped reading right there. There's a difference between not spending money on stuff you don't need and being criminal scum. There is NO excuse to being criminal scum. If you don't want to pay money for the game, you don't have the right to play it. You need to have your hand chopped off and be forced into slave labor for the rest of your life to pay off all the evil you've done. Filthy scum.
>>
>>315317896
The car was probably a bad example. I am essentially saying some people spend money on things that aren't games, and are necessarily more expensive than games. Larger investments require you to SAVE money for them.

And besides that, if you have the option to get games for free (pirating) or for cheaper than $60 (used games, sales), then why spend the extra money? Buying games all the time also implies that they are ~10 games out there, every month, that you are willing to buy, which is also false. The other reality is that people who have that kind of money to spend on games also have other interests that aren't games (MTG decks, music instruments, what the fuck ever) that also require money.

If you choose to support your game devs, then by all means go ahead and spend all that money on a brand new game and maybe a preorder. But from a financial standpoint there are much better options than buying new games AND preordering.
>>
>>315312192
Here are my expenses
Transportation-$0
Away From Home-$50
At Home-$80
Insurance-$0
Apparel-maybe, MAYBE, $20 yearly
Entertainment-~occasional game or book, no netflix or idiot shit like that thanks to pirate bay
Housing-$6,600
Cash Contributions(the fuck?)-$0
Healthcare-like a bottle of tylenol or pepto in a year
Other-hygiene, cleaning supplies, eBay shit, misc

I know I'm set apart by working from home on eBay but what the hell is with this spending like crazy? Is that what being ''nigger rich'' means? Although I don't think they buy insurance and their clothes and entertainment budget would be much higher.
>>
File: 1338870255902.png (11 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
1338870255902.png
11 KB, 390x470
>>315318735
>and being criminal scum
>>
>>315317902
Quite a few are.

I'm just suspicious of how this infograph was put together, and on what basis. Were outliers eliminated to give a more accurate picture? The average age interests me as well. What counts as a household?

It all seems very convenient to make it look like the average 'household' is doing better and has more money to waste than they actually have.
>>
>buy 10 games every month for $60
>do this for a whole year

I wonder what it's like having a backlog that big
I wonder what it feels like to waste money that quickly
>>
File: piracy.png (55 KB, 556x1445) Image search: [Google]
piracy.png
55 KB, 556x1445
>>315318735
>If you don't want to pay money for the game, you don't have the right to play it
Quite the opposite my fellow goyim. The developers are not in charge of me, I am in charge of them.

Just because they made a game doesn't mean I should pay for it. You should only pay for it if you had fun with it.
>>
>>315318894
Your mix of monthly and annual expenses is weird, unless your saying you spend 6600 monthly.
Either way, you are an extreme outlier, there are very few places you can live at these numbers in the US.
There are also missing numbers, like internet.
>>
>>315319113
It appears to be assembled by som loan company.
Also, I agree, something isnt right.
If the average houshold has surplus income every month, why is the average credit debt in the tens of thousands?
Something is wrong here.
>>
>>315312192
>pay $60 for a game
>get to the end of the game
>lol sorry we ran out of money, here's this half-assed ending :^)
It's not about being able to pay for it, it's whether or not the developer is going to shit on my plate and call it gold.
>>
File: 1442353406972.gif (303 KB, 245x261) Image search: [Google]
1442353406972.gif
303 KB, 245x261
>>315319647
>assembled by som loan company.
Oh that's fucking rich.

I think it's natural a loan company doesn't want to advertise how many people default. Might cause a panic and ruin them.
>>
>>315318747
I don't really care about support or anything I pirate the fuck out of games since 100$ won't buy me much. I'd rather save up for the next PC. Plus I'll need to replace my central gas heater oven thing soon mines old.

It just that I don't get how much people with tons of money whine about console prices game prices and all of that.
>>
>>315319442
No, you aren't paying for having fun, you're paying for the right to even play it. Having an arbitrary standard like that is bullshit because it means you'll just use random bullshit excuses to not pay. You're just trying to come up with excuses to leech off of society and have shit for free. They put the work into making it, if you want to try it, you have to pay. If you're stealing it, you deserve torture for being filthy criminal scum. Simple as that. Games are a luxury, not a right. You are not entitled to them. And regardless, breaking the law for any reason whatsoever is unacceptable. It's illegal, so you already deserve death for doing it regardless of any bullshit excuses you have.
>>
>>315319113
>more money to waste than they actually have.
That's what I saw too. I have an almost zero budget for clothes, still have plenty of my clothes from highschool. 2k a year for eating out? Cmon now. And that insurance part, tons of people don't pay for any kind of insurance. I remember a lady on Facebook saying that everyone should have renters,homeowners insurance, what happens if you have an accident? And when I clicked on her profile there was her daughter in a horse riding outfit leading her pony. I guess poverty doesn't register if you can own a fucking HORSE.

>>315319460
Yeah I did it weird, sorry. Internet is like $10 a month, but it's just weird seeing these numbers, they all seem exorbitant to me but I guess that's how it'd seem to any poor person like me. Really the only thing holding me back is not having a damn car. Hoping I can pick things up this Q4 season on eBay.
>>
>>315319647
Average is a very nice way to fiddle with numbers if 1% owns 50% as much as the 99%
>>
File: 1435086249517.png (922 KB, 778x759) Image search: [Google]
1435086249517.png
922 KB, 778x759
>>315312192
>50,000
>average
>>
>>315320352
I wonder what the average would look like if the bottom and top 1% were cut out.
Would it fall 20%? 30? More?
>>
File: 1416912740921.gif (348 KB, 244x204) Image search: [Google]
1416912740921.gif
348 KB, 244x204
>>315312192
>I cannot conceive in any way how saving money might possibly be better than spending money on shitty $60 games
I hope you realize you're not going to retire until you're 90 or so.
>>
>>315320207
>want a car
>eBay

for what reason
just check out local postings in newspaper classifieds or craigslist
>>
File: 3428[1].jpg (54 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
3428[1].jpg
54 KB, 700x500
>>315320060
>you're paying for the right to even play it.
That's wrong though. You should pay for a finished product that does what it intends to do.

In our case, its fun.

>Having an arbitrary standard like that is bullshit because it means you'll just use random bullshit excuses to not pay.
It's not a perfect system, people will do that, but then again capitalism isn't perfect either. So you gotta deal with the flaws. It's the better system at the end of the day.

>You're just trying to come up with excuses to leech off of society and have shit for free. They put the work into making it, if you want to try it, you have to pay.
lol no. Ever tried to buy a painting for your wall? You actually see the painting before buying it.

Just because the painter put effort and worked his ass on his painting doesn't mean I should give him any money. I will only pay him if I like it.

>If you're stealing it, you deserve torture for being filthy criminal scum
Not really stealing though, see the image above and this one.

>Games are a luxury, not a right.
Exactly, which is why your previous statement is wrong
>you aren't paying for having fun, you're paying for the right to even play it.
Games are a luxury, like a painting, or a ring, you have to see it for yourself before paying for it.

> You are not entitled to them
If I want one, I am entitled to it, the developers are not entitled to earn money, though. That's fact.

>And regardless, breaking the law for any reason whatsoever is unacceptable. It's illegal, so you already deserve death for doing it regardless of any bullshit excuses you have.
No one cares about the law, moralfag. Not even the judges care about the law.
>>
>>315320802
>retiring

Unless you are in your 40s now or are making over 60,000 a year, you were going to work till you dropped dead anyways
>>
>>315320802
Realistically, in 30 years, a full third of the workforce will be obsolete due to automation, the babyboomers will have destroyed social security, and incomes will not have kept pace with inflation, and people will live an average of 90 years.
There will be no retirement for most Americans.
>>
>>315321104
Jokes on you, I'm in my late 20s and I'm making just over 100k a year on a study website I made
>>
what about

>paying money into 401k
>student loans
>internet/cellular plans
>gas, especially if you don't live somewhere with a nice public transport system
>dental insurance not covered by average health insurance plans
>>
>>315320939
No not buying one through eBay, I sell on there. I meant getting items to sell is hard without having a car and I'm hoping my sales pick up this season. I've seen plenty of cheap repossessed cars, just don't have the funds.
>>
>>315321276
>web wealth

there is projected income than their income

hope you saved some of that dosh
>>
>>315320802
>>315321104
I honestly don't even really want to retire at any point, its kind of a gamble if it's even worth it, I could drop $100,000 on a retirement fund and die the next day, or I could only drop $10,000 and then end up living till I'm 100, either way I'm going to get fucked so why even bother.
>>
>>315321312
He obviously has a poor understanding of expenses in the US. Its not entirely his faut, we've been projecting an image of prosperity that really hasnt been true since the '90s.
>>
>>315319442

>You should only pay for it if you had fun with it.

This sounds like an excuse someone made because they have an out on buying video games, bruh.
>>
>>315321519
What are you talking about anon, there's ton of prosperity in America for the people that already have prosperity
>>
>>315321084
No, the better system is one that still benefits the developers, rather than lazy fucks like you who admit to feeling entitled to anything they want without having to pay for it. The person who actually put the work into it deserves money, not the player. You're supposed to use reviews to determine whether something is worth paying for, not just taking it for free with a bullshit "Lol if I REALLY like it I promise I'll pay!" lie when you know goddamn well that if you're taking shit for free you're never going to pay.

And the copy vs. theft thing is another bullshit arbitrary distinction. You're still making it so that they don't get the money while you still enjoy the benefit of their labor by having the game in the first place. That's still theft. It's still wrong, and you are still scum for justifying it.

The only true way to make the system work is harsher penalties on piracy. The worst thing to ever happen to this nation is the 8th Amendment. If games could be programmed so that they automatically killed anyone who tried to play it for free, that would be the ideal.
>>
>>315312192
>Open picture
>$9000 for transportation
>Close picture

What a load of shit. Maybe if you're financing a car, but even then you'll eventually own the damn thing.
>>
>>315321312
>401k

Daily reminder that if your employer matches all your 401k contributions you should be paying into this shit immediately

LITERALLY
F R E E
R
E
E
MONEY
>>
>>315312192
Because the people on here aren't the average.

We aren't 27 year olds living in our own cheap flat with a 12-15$ an hour job.

We are 27 year olds with no jobs, no work experience, no volunteer experience, and no higher education still living with our parents.
>>
>Having over 1000 dollars of disposable income
Just wanted to say this is complete horseshit. Even when my dad worked 60+ hour weeks as a jailer and I worked part time at a grocery store our disposable income combined didn't have anywhere close to that amount.
>>
>>315312192
I don't know where they get their numbers, because I ain't heard of no 27 year old living in an apartment with $1000+ disposable income. May I ask which shitty country you call home?
>>
>>315322048
>12-15$ an hour job

I don't know how hard you are looking, but there are plenty of uneducated, unexperienced jobs that pay $15/hour. Look for labor work in industry.
>>
>>315321084
You do NOT have an entitlement to viewing the intellectual property of others without their consent. If I create something and hide it, you are not entitled to use technology that can see through the walls of my house and at the thing I created.

Unless the creator of the intellectual property gives you permission to view what they created, you are trampling on their right to privacy. You can say that they removed their own right to privacy by releasing their intellectual property for certain people for money, but companies are entitled to making those contracts with other people, and those other people are not entitled to breaking those contracts because they feel all media should be freely available to all.
>>
>>315322031
>Employer
>matching ALL 401k

It's still a good idea, but they usually only match a small 3-5%.
>>
>go to buy a car
>find a good solid looking car
>buy it
>dealer drives out just the front half of the car
>"uhh where the fuck is the rest"
>"sorry we ran out of money to make it, please enjoy! :^)"
>"uhh no I bought a full car like you offered me"
>"please understand, we were only able to make this part of the car, we still feel like it's complete and acceptable"
>you already bought the car so you just have to deal with this 2 wheeled shit pile
>Uncle Sam comes down from heaven to pat the car dealer on the back
Capitalism works guys!
>>
>>315322025
Well, its split between two cars, and at $368 per car per month on fuel, thats ~8800, so there you go, no actual car payments, just fuel.
>>
>>315322380
Ah, two cars, alright. I guess that makes sense then. Still seems kind of high but I'll take it.
>>
>>315322294
>I have no idea how the labor industry works

You get a decade before your body starts to fall apart on average

Some people can do it forever, but most people are not some people

Also bitch hands get paid 8 bucks an hour, you gotta be doing skilled labor for that kind of dough
>>
>>315312192
A penny saved is a penny earned thirdworlder
>>
>>315322468
They seem to have added a few hundred in addition to fuel, but that isn't unreasonabke considering tire, upkeep, accidents, etc.
>>
>>315322190
Maybe because both of these jobs pay utter shit and require 0 education? Literally mexijobs.
>>
>>315322574
I used to work construction, union work
Pay started at $12/hr and increased based on experience
sometimes they pay for you to get skilled labor status (operators, for example)
Great benefits, has a retirement plan
Your body falling apart is also bullshit, I knew people that had been working construction for many decades. "Some people" is bullshit, you are just lazy.
>>
>>315322294
Everything I see topped out at $12, in one of the most industrialized sections of the US.
>>
>Have no roommate.
>Have to live with class below because no one to share rent with.

Living alone sucks balls unless you're really well off.
>>
>>315323101
>union work

I see why your body didn't go

I bet you did a good job warming your coffee with your hand while the bitch hands did 90% of the labor
>>
>>315322337
>>315321946
You are both lucky I am busy talking to some japanese man in japanese, a language I don't understand.

I will return later but just want to tell you guys that you are both wrong, also a better system is one that helps the customers while not penalizing the developers.

The developers are nothing more than street painters, and shouldn't be treated as anything more. Stop overvaluing art.
>>
File: 1444272365749.jpg (25 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1444272365749.jpg
25 KB, 368x368
Look OP it's very simple

More money, more problems

Also
> Average consumer age: 50
> Mfw
>>
>>315314548
sauce senpai?
>>
>>315322048
>We aren't 27 year olds living in our own cheap flat with a 12-15$ an hour job.

If I lived with parents I could build a brand new PC every month. Rent is fucking killer.

This is literally what I am.
>>
>>315323410
My body didn't go because after 5 years, I saved up enough money to go back to school and finish my degree, because I didn't buy 10 games $60 full price each month and not give a fuck
>>
>>315312192
>3.6k on healthcare

How? isn't healthcare free?
>>
>>315312192
Simple. If I have $1000 and spend $60 on a game I now have $940. If I can easily get the game for free I get to keep my $1000. Not a difficult choice to make.
>>
>>315323857
>Doesn't even try to defend the fact union work is basicly a mob racket at this point

there is a reason the bitch hands are scrawny and the union boys have beer bellies

For every honest union worker there are 3 lazy assholes
>>
File: 1240639969515.jpg (38 KB, 350x218) Image search: [Google]
1240639969515.jpg
38 KB, 350x218
>>315324061
>isn't healthcare free?

I wish
>>
>>315316978
How the fuck do you eat $300 in food a month by yourself?
>>
>>315324061
Not in America! You see, having free healthcare is "SOCIALISM!!!1" and isn't allowed. Instead of everybody paying a tiny amount of money so that we can ALL have health care, anybody who wants health care has to pay a BOATLOAD of money.
>>
>>315324394
is there really still fear of socialism in america? Like you guys are losing basig rights because of fear of socialism. But i guess there is so much money and corporations involved into the healthcare system that they won't make it free any time soon.
>>
>>315324173
I'm not sure what you mean by "bitch hands" and union boys
I was a laborer, so I guess you would call that "bitch hands"
I'm not going to defend the union, but I'm just telling you that there's pretty decent money in labor work
>>
Hey guys, if I'm making more than I'm spending, where's the best place to put the money to have it grow over time

preferably not something risky like stocks plz
>>
>>315323727
>>315314548
Seconding this. Darned cropping.
>>
>>315324697
but muh competitive market keeping the prices low and quality high
>>
>>315324697
Yeah, a ton of really good ideas have to get shelved, either because dang ol' Soshulizm (like public schools, non-toll roads, etc) or because "It'll kill jobs!" Poor jobs; lament the loss of ditch diggers and switchboard operators to nefarious technologies.
>>
>>315324697
There isn't really, its a meme propagated by the media for the few outliers that still exist

the insidious relationship between big pharma, secondary education, insurance companies and the government is the issue
>>
>>315324697
Yes. It's why so many people are afraid of Bernie Sanders. He calls himself a socialist and people piss their pants over it.

In reality our nation only survives BECAUSE OF SOCIALIST PROGRAMS like public education and public roads. But hey, conservatives never did have logic anyway.

The new generation will likely change things. A generation or two ago, a black man would have never been president. People get more and more open to new ideas and less reliant on stupid, bigoted preconceptions as time goes on and old people die.
>>
>>315320495
It's household fucktard
>frogposters
>>
>>315324061
kek
>>
When you actually have to work to earn your money, it's never easy to part with it, be it 60 out of 200 or 1500. Wasting 60 bucks on a piece of shit of a game that you'll only play for two hours sucks for anyone that doesn't wipe their own ass with 100 dollar bills.
>>
>>315324697
You should watch the republican debates, it's some funny shit.
>the Mexicans are literally attacking us
>I know what will win the war in the middle east, MORE OF THE SAME SHIT
>the red menace is back! grab your nooses!
>implying democrats are any better
>the republicans are ruining everything! grab your nooses!
>>
>>315322350
/v/ is still really bad at analogies I see
>>
>>315325298
That's why I plan to vote Trump. Not because I think he'll do a good job, but because it'll help things burn faster.
>>
>>315324736
there are two different uses for the word

For just general use on the worksite it for unskilled laborers like yourself that pick up x and move it to y, basic assembly and all that jazz

when it come to union workers, it references outside contractors used to beef up the workforce, usually non-union, hell usually illegal immigrants, to save money.

These people usually get the brunt of the "fun" tasks due to being outside contractors
>>
>>315325298
>republican debate
>genuinely outrageous responses
>can actively drink while watching and have a few good laughs

>democratic debate
>boring, disagreeable responses
>do something else while leaving the debate on in this background
>>
>>315325440
Or you could vote Bernie and actually fix things.
Implying Congress wouldn't just destroy all of his good ideas because of lobbyists
>>
>>315325637
>trying to watch either debate
>LMAO, NO FREE ONLINE STREAMING FOR YOU

so if i actually want to give a fuck about my country politic and want to pick the right candidate, i cant even do it for free. fuck this shit desu
>>
>>315325753
>socialism
>good ideas

>b-but it works in Denmark!
and denmark isn't america

regardless I'd definitely vote for him over some establishment shill
>>
File: ftwd-1x05-2.jpg (46 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
ftwd-1x05-2.jpg
46 KB, 480x320
The trick is to NOT get in debt at all. AT ALL!

I tell my wife all the time... HELL NO when it comes to putting anything on a credit card unless it is absolutely necessary.

We live in California and its BULLSHIT. The amount of tax we have to pay is retarded. Rents are a joke, but home prices are even worse for what you get. I used to work for big name companies that said "Oh you get paid 30k a year starting with insurance" and then find out that we we're getting taxed out the ass for insurance, medi-cal, social security, state and fed. which then came out to like 22k a year.

Advice is if you are ever starting a new job, ask whatever the salary is they are going to pay is BEFORE or AFTER taxes. Sure I except a whimsical refund at the end of the year, but then where the fuck does all the rest of my money go? To the people who dont do shit and collect SSI. Da neets...

>MFW
>>
>>315326050
Oh god this is like my #1 rule for adulthood, the only reason I'm even in college is because I get a free pass. All these fucking faggots complaining about their debt and the economy, well maybe you shouldn't spend $10k on a fucking moving living-room if you only have $2k to spend.
>>
>>315326050
>neet
>collecting anything
i thought unless you also have fucking autism and can prove it, you dont have free money for being a neet
i was a neet for 2 years, i didnt get shit, live with my parents and money i saved from previous job
>>
>>315325440
I'd vote for Trump purely because I like how he's just honest about his ideas. As crazy as they sound he doesn't hide it behind politician speak to try and appeal to everybody, like Hilary.
>>
I'm considering not voting
I don't want to be responsible for this incoming travesty
>>
>>315326818
like your vote gonna mean shit anyway
>>
>>315324275
How do you spend $10 a day on food, hmmm I wonder...
Not everybody eats like shit, produce and fresh meat costs money.
At some point you have to stop eating ramen three times a day.
>>
File: giantdouche_turdsandwich.jpg (13 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
giantdouche_turdsandwich.jpg
13 KB, 500x211
>>315326818
>>
>>315326818
I willingly stopped voting because I refuse to participate in this travesty we call a "democracy", the hard part is getting through all the assholes who just shout "IT'S YOUR CIVIC DUTY" and try to guilt trip you into continuing the status quo. I'm also a big fan of "EVERY VOTE COUNTS" when the fucking electoral college exists.
>>
>>315327150
I actually counted how much it costs to feed me per day over the course of a month, eating meats, veggie and produce. It was around $5-7 a day, with the occasional splurge of $12. Quit being fat.
>>
>2015 and some people still think their popular presidency vote matter

top kek
>>
>Trust fund babby
>Daytrade once a week
>Buy 50,000 shares cheap, high volatility stock, sell when it goes $0.10 higher
>Instant $5000 in 20 minutes
>Spend rest of week in glorious NEET lifestyle

I feel bad for you wageslaves. This money is so piss easy to make.

>HURDUR DAYTRADING IS RISKY, FAG!

Only if you're an idiot. Find the general trend of the day, buy shares of TVIX, XIV, other leveraged volatility ETF, sell in 20 minutes. Instant fucking money. Keep wageslaving away though, faggots.
>>
>>315326679
Are you sure? He seems like the very person who "wants to make America great" the same way Reagan did.
>>
>>315327325
not that OP, but you probably don't have friends

no seriously, for my spending money on food, most of that is going towards having a meal outside with my friends at a restaurant or something. If I didn't hang out with people I could easily stay under $10 a day for food just by cooking things and stretching it out over a few meals
>>
>>315327325
That's drastically lower than average.
The average is literally 301, with a low of 198 to a high of 500.
>>
>>315327278
Worst part is if you try to change the two party system, it'll never work because of how the votes work. Trying to bring a third party into play just splits the votes of the current party most similar to it.
>>
File: 20 damage.gif (1 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
20 damage.gif
1 MB, 245x180
>>315327570
Your broker loves you, sap.
>>
>>315327752
True, during school my budget for food shoots way up, over the summer it can be half of what it was.
>>
File: img.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>315327570
yeah, because we know majority of 4channer are trust fun babby
>>
File: 1342744974728.jpg (100 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
1342744974728.jpg
100 KB, 500x715
>>315327570
>economics class in highschool
>fake stock trading game for extra credit at the end of the year
>spend lunches and other downtime daytrading
>fucking 1000% returns on investment
>second place was 200% from a lucky IPO
>back sore from everyone patting the fuck out of it
>still getting mentioned in school newsletters fucking 4 years later
>mfw
>>
File: pQzVB2V.jpg (60 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
pQzVB2V.jpg
60 KB, 636x477
>>315327752
Heres a REVOLUTIONARY IDEA.

Invite friends over to your place, make food before they come. EAT

Like 90% of the time friends come to my place because I got all the tech so if we want to watch movies or play games it's here.

I tell em. I'll make food you buy snacks and pop and shit.

If I'm making something more elaborate we split the bill.

Oh wait that actually requires cooking skills NOPE all you need is 30 mins ~1 hour of your time to cook.

Liteally the only thing I make worse is shit like Pizza and Tacos shit that needs dedicated equipment. Chink food I toss in the wok and it's done.
>>
>>315312192
Just because you can spend money doesn't mean you should, and also doesn't mean you shouldn't regret bad purchases.
>>
>>315328631
that would be great, if people could actually find the time to commute to my house
we all live pretty far apart, we usually just meet up after work at some bar in the city
>>
>>315328631
Are you 40?
>>
File: chandler.jpg (67 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
chandler.jpg
67 KB, 450x357
>>315318735

Could you BAIT any harder?
>>
File: LATAM2.jpg (90 KB, 928x421) Image search: [Google]
LATAM2.jpg
90 KB, 928x421
Depends on cost of living and other things
>>
>>315327570
what do you do on the weeks where you don't make 5k?

also
>not using trading profits to raise your money pool exponentially over time instead of blowing it on anime figures
>>
>>315321084
why people try to compare digital to physical
>>
>>315327754
And the average American is fat as fuck.

Coincidence?
>>
>>315328143
>2012
>in high school
>tortanic is going in
>sell EA short and just sit back and watch
>stock halves
>make the most money of anyone in the class with just one stock
>>
>>315329252
It costs less to eat poorly you idiot, the healthier you eat, the more expesnive it is.
>>
>>315328961
25 and we live about 30 minutes walk distance from eachother.

It's nice living in a 250.000 city
>>
>>315317896
>don't gain pleasure doing THAT
>gain pleasure doing THIS
>>
>>315319887
As a huge, huge fan of MGS, the cut ENDING, an integral part of any story, feels like one of the biggest insults I've ever received. What the fuck.
>>
>>315325105
>A generation or two ago, a black man would have never been president.

you just proved that each new generation is dumber than the last!
with each new "progressive" and "multicultural" idea thats been brainwashing into peoples head, this nation is going down the crapper more and more and then they act like they are some sort of enlightened battling agains "bigoted" people!
good job goy! :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 306x480
>>315327278
The popular vote is almost always reflective of the President elected. There are only a view states that don't commit all their votes towards the majority candidate.
>>
>>315312192
People got more bills than you can imagine.

People are also saving for retirement.
>>
>>315331757
There have been cases of a president winning the electoral vote but not the populace vote and they still get elected because of this. Then theirs the fucking house and senate which just organized chaos. THEN there's fucking lobbyists which is a fancy word for literally buying the vote. America is fucked, my single vote isn't going to change jack shit. Your welcome to believe otherwise, this is just my personal opinion on why I don't vote.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.