[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pendulum/Synchro/XYZ/Pendulum Synchro/Pendulum XYZ degeneracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: why.png (2 MB, 925x1141) Image search: [Google]
why.png
2 MB, 925x1141
>Duels last literally 3 turns
>Traps are useless
>"Removed From Play" practically just means "Send to your second graveyard" now
>No strategy involved, only "spam the field with monsters until your hand is empty"
>Impossible to keep a monster on the board for more than a turn
>Retarded, pointlessly long, OP effects on literally everything, a card with 4000 attack and no effect is considered bad now
>Power creep up the ass; Only 2-3 decks are good at a time while all old decks are useless
>Art is bland and terrible now, every card either looks like Magic: The Gathering or generic anime shit
>Original Egyptian theme is literally non-existent
>Fusion is dead
>Ritual is dead
>The new anime is gay as fuck and there hasn't been a good vidya in forever
>Completely irrelevant while Pokemon is still thriving

How do we fix Yu-Gi-Oh, /v/?
>>
Make a good online game with a good interface and gfx where you can play vanilla, gx, pendulum, etc.(like private vanilla/bc/wotlk servers, but all in one).

The games they made have been absolutely terrible
>>
File: 1452000161605.jpg (45 KB, 565x355) Image search: [Google]
1452000161605.jpg
45 KB, 565x355
>>332814916
where to even begin...
nothing wrong with this
>Duels last literally 3 turns
if your deck sucks maybe
>Traps are useless
wrong
nope
>No strategy involved, only "spam the field with monsters until your hand is empty"
wrong
nope
>Retarded, pointlessly long, OP effects on literally everything, a card with 4000 attack and no effect is considered bad now
4000k beater with no effect was always meh
>Power creep up the ass; Only 2-3 decks are good at a time while all old decks are useless
This is literally how its always been
>Art is bland and terrible now, every card either looks like Magic: The Gathering or generic anime shit
looks way better then the dumb shit
who gives a shit
>Fusion is dead
more alive now then it has ever been
>Ritual is dead
same as above
>The new anime is gay as fuck and there hasn't been a good vidya in forever ]\
best anime sicne 5Ds
lol
>>
>>332814916
>How do we fix Yu-Gi-Oh, /v/?
We let it die and play better card games, like she should have all along
>>
>>332814916
What the fuck are you talking about?

Are you a retarded nostalgia faggot wondering why you can't use your useless pet deck against people with a brain?
>>
>>332815389
>who cares
>nope
>wrong
Might as well just write "I'm wrong and my card game is shit," it would express the same thing in a lot fewer characters
>>
>how do you fix

But it is fixed? Slow, heavily reliant RNG card games are terrible.
>>
>omg how could Yu-Gi-Oh continue to evolve when I stopped paying attention to it omg this is horrible, it's nothing like when I was a kid omg omg ahhhhhh change is bad ahhhhhh
Haven't played it in 10+ years but you're a faggot OP.
>>
>>332816203
Yeah, fast heavily RNG reliant card games are so much better!
>>
Why is MTG considered better than YGO?
>>
File: mystical-duel-1.jpg (187 KB, 600x219) Image search: [Google]
mystical-duel-1.jpg
187 KB, 600x219
>>332816505

>I have never played a tier 3 or higher deck in the past 3 years the post
>>
>>332814916
I'll agree with you on
>Original Egyptian theme is figuratively non-existent
>>
>>332816743
>I am in denial about my card game boiling down to whoever pulls their zero strategy zero counterplay win condition first
>>
>>332814916
>How do we fix Yu-Gi-Oh, /v/?
By playing old decks.

I wish I could recover my YGOPro Dark Paladin deck file, I formatted my disk and forgot to back that up.
I'd take any retro deck down with that thing.
>>
>>332815741
So exactly like the people that think Magic is actually any better? Yugioh is still pretty decent.
>>
>>332816837
have you even played it recently?
>>
Yugioh genwunners are always good for a laugh
>>
>>332816738
An actual resource system lets powerful and unique stuff exist without breaking the game or causing power creep, the general card design is way less strict so you have a lot more freedom with decks and strategies, infinitely better card wording and readability, more stable ruling system with far fewer weird interactions and special case rules, more field variety since there's no field slot system, more cards per pack if you play paper, etc
>>
File: 1387865719097.jpg (522 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
1387865719097.jpg
522 KB, 900x1125
>>332816983
jej
>>
>>332814916
>every card either looks like Magic: The Gathering

but thats a good thing. MTG has splendid art (usualy).
>>
>>332816438
it evolved into an abomination!
>>
>>332816837
>Relying on drawing cards
What year is this? 2003?

Every deck worth shit has guaranteed gameplans for bringing out key cards easily. Hell, there was a fucking Ritual deck last year that could literally search every single card it needed for its plays on turn one.
>>
>>332817574
>Every deck worth shit has guaranteed gameplans for bringing out key cards easily.
And that still boils down to RNG and whoever gets the ability to bring them out first.
>>
>think about getting back into yuigioh
>every card has a novel to explain what it does instead of using ability terms like MtG
>>
>>332814916
>yugioh is shit now despite the fact that I obviously haven't played it in years and don't want to learn the new mechanics and metagame
>>
>>332816438
Try actually reading the post, Ralph.

>>332817731
>new mechanics and metagame are incapable of being bad
>fallacies fallacies fallacies
>>
>>332816983
see
>>332817216
>>
>waah why can't the game just be my Summoned Skull attacked La Jinn, because that's so interesting
>the game definitely wasn't broken back then, ignore all the ridiculous shit because I didn't know about it when I was a stupid child
>>
>>332814916
We don't. It's over.
As our hair gray and everything we once lived die in front of us, we'll look at the new generations and think about how they don't know how the truth about how great our time were and how much was lost in the process.
>>
>>332817216

Yeah, so much freedom that Modern is entirely dominated by aggro, and Legacy has been the same decks for years now with almost no variation whatsoever (the closest it's come to something "new" is Eldrazi that do mildly well against the deluge of Miracle and Delver decks).
>>
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW that want to go back to old yugioh
>>
>>332818176
I just want the game to slow down for once before it gets too out of control.
>>
>>332817856
You fail to explain how the new mechanics are actually "bad" and not just exceptionally different from how the game was once played.
>>
>>332818138
But those decks were actually put together by real human players, not invented as forced archetypes by the developers.
>>
>>332818176
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW that want to go back to old yugioh
You mean
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW that want to go back to when yugioh was fun
>>
>>332818176
Look at that art, it's so great! You can clearly tell Kaz put a lot love and effort into that one.
It's a shame the power creep ruined such a great card.
>>
>>332818271
They do that occasionally. Hell, July 2014 was the most ridiculous grindfest I've ever seen. It doesn't keep the game from being 1000 plays a turn, but there is always going to be the occasional slow format that has 30 turn games.
>>
>>332818409

How is making a bunch of good Eldrazi cards that all go together not "inventing a forced archetype"?
>>
>>332818279
Read the post.
>>
When did you get tired of Yu-Gi-Oh?
>>
>>332818423

Yeah, normal monsters attacking each other sure is fun. A game completely dominated by a specific set of broken staples (since monsters are so ass) sure is fun.
>>
>>332818621
>game went from being broken, poorly designed garbage in one way to being broken, poorly designed garbage in another
>this is somehow a good thing
wew
>>
File: Fusionist-MRL-EU-R-UE.jpg (36 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
Fusionist-MRL-EU-R-UE.jpg
36 KB, 300x435
>People who want old yu-gi-oh back.
>>
>>332818835

Yes, it's a good thing that the game got more complex and you can actually play more than one deck, even if you don't like it.
>>
>>332818506
Because there isn't an exact deck's worth of them made specifically to go together in a set and they aren't so fucking strictly designed that they refer to each other by name and are literally 100% unusable in any other form
Please stop pretending to be retarded
>>
>>332818838
This piece of shit card is actually somewhat useful now thanks to Instant Fusion
>>
>>332817574
then what's the point of playing?

I thought the point of CARD GAMES is that there's randomness in which cards you draw from game to game
>>
>>332818917
>Yes, it's a good thing that the game got more complex and you can actually play more than one deck
You say this like it's mutually exclusive with the game being shit
What part of "in another way" do you not understand?
>>
>Yugioh went from a shitty game where you swing your 2000/800 beat stick every turn to a shitty game where you win on turn 2 after special summoning 5 monsters in one go

Shit always sucked and will always suck as long as Konami is a thing
>>
>>332818964

Yeah, because Eldrazi Mimic and cards like Thought-Knot Seer and Reality weren't made specifically to go together, because they don't specifically refer to each other in card text.

And yeah, instead WotC's incompetence is what leads to archetypes, not purposeful, thoughtful card creation. Like not realizing it's probably a bad thing to make a Eldrazi tribal cheaply costed when they have access to multiple Ancient Tombs. Clearly Magic has such great design, so much freedom to get stomped on in Modern.
>>
>>332819003
is it because it makes it easy to get out rank 3 monsters?
>>
>>332818917

>You can actually play more than one deck

yes there is a huge variety in decks and playstyles now, performapals, draco performapals, dark draco magician performapals, monarchs, the list goes on...
>>
>>332819256
>Yeah, because Eldrazi Mimic and cards like Thought-Knot Seer and Reality weren't made specifically to go together, because they don't specifically refer to each other in card text.
Cry all you want, you're cherrypicking the most extreme examples and even those are far less strict and specific than all of Yugioh's archetypes.
>>
>>332814916
Wakfu monster type
>>
>>332814916
>mfw I'm Anthony Burch

At least I don't play YuGayHoe.
>>
>>332819256
Nobody said they aren't made to go together, the point is they aren't FORCED to, that's what limits deck possibilities. There's an infinite amount of useful situations for every one of those cards that has nothing to do with eldrazi.
Congratulations, I'm at a loss for words at how much of an idiot you are. It's like you're actively trying to prove yourself wrong.
>>
>>332814916
Card effects have become too OP there is no denying that.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 400x580
is my favorite card from a million years ago still viable?
>>
>>332819342

From the most recent OCG decklists, we have: Nekroz, Speedroid Abyss Monarch, Blue-Eyes, D/D/D, Artifact Monarch, Super Quantum, Infernoid, Evilswarm, Stellarknight, Qliphort, regular old Monarchs, Anti-Meta with shit like Kycoo and Thunder King, Shadoll, and Majespecter, among others. And that's not even getting into that that's only the top cut of shit, you can easily play rogue decks all you want. As opposed to every deck being the exact same thing, with Change of Heart, Forceful Sentry, Delinquent Duo, Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Confiscation, Painful Choice, etc.
>>
>>332819806
When was it ever viable?

That thing just hurts you more than hurts your opponent
>>
>>332819780

Yeah, which is why so many people are using the cards outside of the establish arch- I mean tribal deck. Because there's limitless possibilities to get stomped when you don't ascribe to the exact formula that pros have come up with.
>>
>>332819020
The fun is in outplaying your opponent and deckbuilding to try out new things and ways of playing that you hadn't thought of before; lucksacking a win from your opponent is neat, but it's not a real reason to play.
>>
>>332819806
It's still the main reason a certain card is never coming off the banlist

So you it's one card away from being meta-dominaiting
>>
File: monogatari-series-7-12.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
monogatari-series-7-12.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>332814916
>It's a "YGO USED TO BE GOOD I SWEAR" Episode
Newsflash, the game is terribly made from the start and a large number of the things you mentioned are flat out untrue in the first place. Card games are garbage anyway but YGO is the worst of the lot and you should drink bleach.
>>
File: thegitrogmonster.jpg (46 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
thegitrogmonster.jpg
46 KB, 265x370
FUCK YOUR GAYASS CARD GAME

WHO HYPED FOR /GITGUD/ TOAD?
>>
Nice Facebook nostalgia-fag tier image OP.

These threads always devolve into a bunch of faggots who haven't played the game since middle school, who were somehow all "The best player amongst my friends back then, so I know what I'm talking about!", sucking the dick of shit like Man-Eater Bug and Mirror Force while like two morons bother to try and argue with them because they're currently enjoying the Arc V anime.

At least there's a few faggots mixed in who still play and can hold a conversation, even if it's about their husbandos or whatever. Better than /tg/'s MtG threads about anything other than Standard I guess.

Anyone else enjoying the new Premium Gold? Made a BA deck for all of 30$ to dick around with and have to say wish I played it back in its prime.
>>
>>332814916
I started playing Devpro recently. Playing against Synhro/XYZ/Pendulum is the biggest bullshit I have ever seen. I only use retro cards but you stand no chance against these decks. They just powercreep away and you can't even try to compete. 5000 LP ahead and you control the field ? Too bad here is this 5000 ATK monster in turn 4 which can't be destroyed at all and can attack directly. Did I mention that it can attack twice and each time it attacks you can remove 2 cards from your opponent's side of the field ?

Fuck this cancer
>>
>>332820078
>she said as she played her Eye of Ugin
>>
File: 1307081194620.jpg (20 KB, 360x318) Image search: [Google]
1307081194620.jpg
20 KB, 360x318
>>332819951
>yugioh
>premade decks are completely forced at all levels of play because of how the cards directly interact with each other

>mtg
>custom decks are forced at extremely high level of play because of viability, but anywhere else you can do anything you want

There's no arguing this. Your card game is objectively flawed and has less player choice and creativity.
>>
>>332819843

boy so many choices in decks thanks to our very well thought and fair rulings and banlist, i sure do love living in this fine continent that we, the entirety of /v/ reside in, North Asia
>>
>>332814916
Yugi is shit now
>>
>>332819780
While there is an inherent strictness to certain archetypes and their functionality in yugioh, it would be remiss to ignore actual functional creative efforts which do still very much exist.
Example:
http://yugiohtopdecks.com/deck/4739
>>
>>332820049
Mind telling me which card that is, friend.
>>
File: please play our game.png (133 KB, 334x269) Image search: [Google]
please play our game.png
133 KB, 334x269
>>332817346
card games are for asspies and so is dota, just look at yourself posting this shit lmfao
>>
>>332816983
nigga, Yugioh doesn't even come close to Magic.
>>
>>332820271
Metamorphosis.
>>
Old yugioh card had a lot of personality to it

New yugioh card are literaly babby anime tier
>>
>>332820213

Yes, that's why the deck that dominated the game for a year was comprised of random cards that worked well together. Because decks are premade and forced at all levels of play.
>>
>>332820421
You can't deny that yugioh has forced premade card sets and MTG doesn't.
You lose.
>>
>>332820213
>Your card game is objectively flawed
>he says as he proceeds to lose a game because he missed his land drops or his hand is flooded with land

Nice Eldrazi archetype you have there MtG bro, real diverse
>>
>>332820371
Why not? Why can't Yugioh keep up?
>>
Anyone have a good guide for MTG?
I might be visiting a tourney on Saturday
>>
>>332820170
Is this pasta? There's no way anyone is this retarded.
>>
File: Metamorphosis-CP01-EN-SR-UE.jpg (79 KB, 400x580) Image search: [Google]
Metamorphosis-CP01-EN-SR-UE.jpg
79 KB, 400x580
>>332820271
>>
>>332820470

Yeah, MTG doesn't. Ignore the fact that tribal is a thing, and a thing that right now is being heavily stressed in an upcoming set. You can make whatever you want, ignore all those series of cards that list specific benefits from playing with Humans, or Vampires, or Spirits (or Allies). Those don't count.
>>
File: Kaname-kun.jpg (725 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Kaname-kun.jpg
725 KB, 1920x1080
>>332820183
Magic is a shit game too. Card games are a bad medium of entertainment and it's honestly disgusting when Magic players try to pretend that their game isn't awful too. Granted just about anything IS better than YGO but better does not necessarily mean good.

#Jund4Life
#FreeBBE
>>
>>332818917
Just adding more and more powerful monsters doesn't mean that shit got more complex you autist.

Yugioh was fine up this elemental heros bullshit. Now it's just
>let's see what I drew
>wait 5 minutes until the enemy has done his bullshit combo
>do your own bullshit combo
>clash against opponent
>lose because monsters lacks 100ATK

yeah, it sure is complex
>>
>>332820564
Just play the video game it's free

It's not that good if you don't know how to play Magic but it's great to show you the basics of the games and the rules
>>
>>332820564
Look in jewtube in mana source or the Magic show for spoilers about SOI.
>>
Holy shit you nostalgiafags are the worst. Don't play the game if all you do is bitch about new mechanics being implemented.
>>
>>332820709
The attack of monsters is completely irrelevant in modern YGO
>>
>>332814916

Let's ask Anthony Burch.
>>
>>332820863
that makes this shit even worse
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 233x217
Hearthstone is more shit than MTG and YGO
>>
>>332820863

Except not really, because what makes cards like Utopia the Lightning so good is their ability to manipulate their attack.
>>
Good luck getting over my Megazord!
>>
>>332820994
Why?
>>
>>332817216
>play green or white
>life stack and fill the board
>play black or blue
>fuck your opponent so hard they can't make any draws
>play red
>might as well be playing multiply Kuribo
>doesn't brake the game
>>
>>332820417
>consumes japanese product
>expects western influence

Are all of you retarded?
>>
>>332821047
What makes Lighting good is that it's Armades on steroids
>>
>>332820863
fucking wrong, OTKs are completely reliant on attack and beatsticks are still useful.
>>
>>332821098
as I said I started playing Devpro with retro decks. Playing against these new decks is boring as fuck. You get 1TKO'd without having any chance of striking back. This was also possible back then but the way it's now it happens like every duel
>>
It says a lot about how the game has changed when pot of greed was banned back in the day.

I can only assume with the current state of the game that that's no longer true?
>>
File: tumblr_ndse9mHWBV1u1kny5o1_1280.jpg (158 KB, 536x747) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndse9mHWBV1u1kny5o1_1280.jpg
158 KB, 536x747
>>
>>332821252

no it's still banned

it's a ridiculously broken card
>>
>>332821252

Pot of Greed is still banned, and for good reason. They don't print cards like that without any kind of drawback anymore.
>>
>>332821252
No 90% of the stuff that was banned in the first wave of the list is still banned
>>
>>332821252
pot of greed was banned because it's the worst card designed in yugioh next to painful choice. it's never coming off the banlist.
>>
What are the best cards for a warrior deck?
Right now I've got:
2X Marauding Captain
Elite Force
Goblin Attack Force
Freed the Matchless General
2X Sasuke Samurai
Chaosrider Gustaph
Reinforcement of the Army
>>
>>332821252
Pot of greed will never not be unbanned unless they make it shit through errata.
>>
>>332821047
Well, yes and no. Lightning being a 5K out to shit like Ultimate Falcon or Magnus is nice, but that's nothing you couldn't do with something like Excalibur or hell, even Dark Rebellion if they were careless enough to leave something else with decent attack on board. The real boon of Lightning is the fact that it's an Armades in addition to having high attack.
>>
>>332821406
>it's the worst card designed in yugioh next to painful choice

Nah that stuff doesn't hold a candle to Makyura or some of the pre-erata cards
>>
>>332821432
>Reinforcement of the Army

trash everything else, that is the only good card you have.
>>
>THERE'S NO VARIETY IN MODERN YUGIOH

I guess nostalgia faggots are blind as fuck.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Decklist_-_World_Championship_2004_Top_32
>>
>>332821432

Cards that aren't from a Warrior deck that was shitty even in 2004.
>>
File: ColossalFighter-LC5D-EN-ScR-1E.png (350 KB, 309x450) Image search: [Google]
ColossalFighter-LC5D-EN-ScR-1E.png
350 KB, 309x450
>>332821432
>>
>>332821432
Deneb
Vega
Altair
>>
>>332821383
>what is 90% of the synchro bullshit
>>
>playing japanese TCGs at all
is almost like you want to have a retarded powercreep no matter what.
>>
>>332821514
Maykura was only broken because it enabled some bullshit FTKs, painful choice and pot of greed have much more potential in decks to be bullshit in a non-FTK way.
>>
>>332820110
New to MtG and I wanted a deck with White or BR.

So no toad for me
>>
>>332821432
Just pick up a warrior archetype. There's no good mishmash warrior deck right now especially now that ROTA is limited.
>>
>>332821609
isnt that one able to fetch itself
or would you need two of them to swap back and forth
>>
>>332814916
It just has to die.
Unlike M:tG, which adds new card sets to build off the previous ones, Yu-gi-oh releases new card sets to supplant the old card sets.
So when new cards are released for M:tG, you can upgrade, modify, or keep using your old deck to stay competitive.
When new cards are released in Yu-gi-oh, you have to abandon your old deck and build a new one or else you'll lose every time.
>>
>>332815387
YGOPRO is online and fully automated
Sure some of the interface is "eh flash game" but it's still great
>>
>>332821687
The other way around, the Reversal of Spirits OTK was only good because of Makyura

It's the single most retardedly broken card in the game apart from Elma
>>
>>332821791
It can fetch itself, it was used in Drulers as a deck-out win when someody played Maxx "C" on them
>>
Anyone recommend a good Yugioh game to play that is emulateable? Not really big into the anime but I want to play a good card strategy game
>>
>>332821893
>It just has to die.
It's like I'm really in 2004
>>
File: tumblr_njjn8iN4jO1rfqtero1_400.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njjn8iN4jO1rfqtero1_400.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
I can't understand pendulums well and it feels like you won't be playing the game tight if you don't shove them in your deck. When those came I dropped YGO
>>
>>332822080
world championship 2011 or tag force 3 or 5
>>
>>332821647
Synchros are a case where the drawback is playing synchros at all.

Synchro is the most potentially broken summon mechanic by virtue of its ability to combo practically infinitely. However, the flaw of synchro summoning is that because it relies on comboing so much and essentially climbing from one extra deck card to the next to achieve greater power/advantage; synchro decks die far easier than any other, because if you disrupt them, they typically don't have a way to recoup resources very easily and their extra decks are too tightly packed with essential options for both doing combos and going for game to typically reverse a situation like that easily.
>>
>>332822247
2 of the 3 best decks in the format don't use pendulums

The one deck that does is about to be anally raped by the banlist
>>
File: 826184538_1795893.gif (354 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
826184538_1795893.gif
354 KB, 400x400
>Its a faggots who dont even play or understand Yugioh never stop complaining about it episode
>>
>>332822180
I think he meant that it needs radical change because its flaws are too deep in the roots.

So basically some kind of reboot?
>>
>>332822247

pendulums are only good in decks that specifically are built around them, and the decks specifically built around them keep getting nerfed to shit

also they're probably the easiest of the new extra deck mechanics to understand, the scales are printed on the cards, you set 2 scales on each side of the field, you can summon as many monsters as you want from your hand as long as their levels are in between the numbers on those scales
>>
>>332822450
and that's the problem

if you don't play synchro you might as well give up
>>
>>332822247
If your deck isn't focused on pendulums then just shoving them into your deck will usually cause consistency issues.
>>
>>332814916
>>Original Egyptian theme is literally non-existent

This is my only complaint

At least 5D's had the aztec shit and ZEXAL had some vauge supernatural ancient civilization shit with the varians but from what I know of ARC-V it don't really got any of that
>>
>>332822397
>>new mechanics and metagame are incapable of being bad
Thanks
>>
>>332822615
People have been saying that since the game was made.

The only thing the game needs is Konami to stop banning shit just to sell product

There is a bunch of decks that would be healthy for the game that were banned simply so new product can be sold
>>
>>332815741
thats actually more characters
but i agree yugioh is shit now
>>
>>332822763
huh is synchro that bad?
you can ignore it in tag force 3
>>
>>332822789
So, the one thing that makes MtG better is that it accepts the second hand market while Konami fights it?
>>
>>332822247
There have only actually been 3 good pendulum decks in the two years they've existed. Qliphort, Magicians, and PePe. And aside the last case, they've never been more than another decent viable option, because pendulum as a mechanic is actually not all that bad, surprisingly due to how easy it is to disrupt typically.
>>
>>332822749
>This is my only complaint
Good news, Konami is riding the nostalgia train hard and it seems the theme for the next few sets is revamping old cards like Blue-Eyes
>>
Only thing I don't understand: if you want your cards to have 4 abilities, each requires two lines of rules text, why have the card art take up 2/3 of the card?
Some of these cards are bordering really close to illegible, but instead of keywording or changing card layout they just pour MORE abilities and text into cards.
>>
>>332822882
My originally message was just "Thanks", not sure how that other crap got added
>>
>>332822624
Synchro is literally the weakest summoning method right now bro. Its more likeif you play synchro you might as well give up.
>>
>>332822885
Konami doesn't really care about the secondary market the issue is that is bans decks so you need to buy the new sets to make new decks

It's a scummy practice, where they will fuck with a tier 2 deck just because it's sporadically played and from an older set.
>>
File: 1448958385485.jpg (10 KB, 250x264) Image search: [Google]
1448958385485.jpg
10 KB, 250x264
>>332814916
One thing I absolutely hate about modern yugioh.

Things to keep in mind. I played yugioh when it first came out but, stopped when in the show Tea fought a penguin, didnt see it through. Recently my friend got Legacy of the Duelist and I picked it up to because Magic origins is trying to go after my money waaaaaay to hard. So, literally hadnt played Yugioh in decade? Not sure but, many many years.

So, I start playing and make myself a nice familiar spell caster deck with spell counters and I think its good but, not really. Today, theres synschros, xyz, pendulum and whatnot summons to worry about. So my matches online go like this, I take a turn setting up, motherfucker summons a big synchro creature and kills my poor dude, then I wipe the field, only for him to pull two more bigass synchros or whatever out of his ass essentially making any work im putting in trying to stay alive irrelevant! I cant even filter formats so I wouldnt have to deal with that.

I understand that mechanics change but, before it was 1 creature per turn and powerful summons that took effort to pull and now its still one normal summon I believe but, several powerful synchos/pendulum/xyz summons per turn with close to zero setup. WTF? I really dont like this aspect of modern Yugioh. WTF happened?
>>
File: bbb.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bbb.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>332814916
>I literally can't adapt from summoned skull beatdown
>>
Yugi went to shit ever since synchro cancer was introduced, as it started the bullshit summoning fest that eventually got consumed by xyz and pendulum summoning
mark my words, next special summon festa will be "synthetic summon", with red framed cards you will bring to the by using the attribute of the creatures and it will break the game further down the shithole
>>
File: tumblr_nyyl3jO94j1r7opjxo1_250.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyyl3jO94j1r7opjxo1_250.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>>332822919
> and PePe
>>
>>332823161
As a warning, Spell Counters was always a near unplayable mechanic. I'd know, I've been trying to use it since they made it.
>>
>>332823161
The game evolved

If you want to play slow decks that summon one monster a turn you will need to run a lot of traps/disruption

You are also unfamiliar with deck strategies, all mass-summoning decks have one Achilles heel and if you know what it is and hit them at the right time they fall apart
>>
File: 1348598603087.jpg (24 KB, 272x284) Image search: [Google]
1348598603087.jpg
24 KB, 272x284
>>332814916
>Original Egyptian theme
>>
>>332823296
remember the times when summoing two monsters in one turn was actually a great combo ?
>>
>>332822624
Might've not been worded clearly, but the intent of the first sentence was: "Using synchro is a detriment in itself."

In this meta, most any synchro centric deck would likely get blown the fuck out
>>
File: 2016-03-29_20-49-48.png (764 KB, 445x648) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-29_20-49-48.png
764 KB, 445x648
>it's an "I think I know whats best for the game because I only watched the first run and the way it is now should cater to my nostalgia" level
>>
>>332823296
XYZ was the best thing to happen in the game
>>
>>332823585
>powercreep is good

ok, "Dianna"
>>
>>332815389
Man, if you're gonna say "Wrong", please, explain why. You don't look like someone who know his shit, because duels do last 3 turns, the extra deck is retarded and remove from play is in fact a second graveyard.

The only thing I agree with you is that Trap are in fact not useless and that you're not completely biased on the anime.
>>
>>332823519
this
now you see faggots left and right slamming 3 3000 attack beatsticks in one turn with bullshit effects that make them unkillable
fuck this game
>>
>>332814916
Back then having a 4 star 2000 defense faggot could protect your ass, at least for a little while.
>>
>>332823519
I don't.

But I do remember Yatalock
>>
File: 1453848014592.gif (94 KB, 436x200) Image search: [Google]
1453848014592.gif
94 KB, 436x200
>mfw i cant play MTG or YGO because i dont have the resources to keep updating decks or changing them

Curse you vidya geams
>>
>original egyptian theme
>implying anime was ever relevant to the actual TCG
ok Marco
>>
>>332823519
That's hilarious considering the strongest deck in the olden days was one that summoned 9 monsters in the first turn and killed you
>>
>>332823683
>uninteresting literal RNG is where it should stagnate
Enjoy your Summoned Skull + Axe of Despair
>b-but I played Goat Control
It's a dead deck like D. Rulers; D. Rulers can come back and can't even compete with PePe/DracoPals
>>
>>332823796
this is my biggest complain

if they made this synchro shit reasonable it would be ok by me but now it's just summoning 3 3000+ monsters which are unkillable for me. So much fun and these combos are so hard to pull off when it happens literally every turn
>>
>>332824002
ygopro
>>
>>332824002
>want to play YGO but dont want to shell money
>newest emulate-able game is from 2014
>DOnt feel like having to make an account just to DL YGOPro

Meh
>>
>>332814916
>every card either looks like Magic: The Gathering
Oh I wish, that would mean Yugioh would have a great art direction. Even the trashy CGI cards from recent sets look better than most of YGO art.
>>
>>332824027
>D. Rulers can come back and can't even compete with PePe/DracoPals

Bro, no, bro just no, bro stop it
>>
>>332824171
making an account is very hard and time consuming and doesn't take 3 minutes
>>
>>332824217
Honestly MtG's art is what turn me away from the game, it's just a bunch of angels and demons every set

And don't get me started on the OC donut steal Planeswalkers
>>
>>332824314
I could be using those three minutes shitposting in YGO threads while I wait for AI to make their move in Arc V Special
>>
>>332824282
>deck that dies to hand traps and backrow beating +10 can't hurt me
>>
What is the Yugioh version of SIEGE RHINO?
>>
>>332824124
Oh yeah. Well thats 1 out of 2. Now about MTG, i want to go back on that and it has been a decade since i last touched that
>>
>>332824171

you don't need to provide a valid email to make a ygopro account

you also never log in with it other than to dl the game

in fact fuck it here's the mega https://mega.nz/#!dUBg3KzS!qBatNOVcm1Cl7IzWRf6lVFtkG1KreFelvE9M8aP9Y4Y
>>
>>332823478
Unfamiliar with yugioh deck strategies sure. I pointed out how after more than a decade I hadnt touched yugioh. But, I dont have to know everything about yugioh to realize that the power creep has gotten out of control with these bullshit summons. The game was ruined.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>332824121
Whatbthe fuck deck is making 3 3000 atk unkillable monsters first turn? Even the most dominant deck right now has no 3000 atk monsters without buffs and no protection from Dark hole.
Its pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.
You sound like some casual who died to Asylum Demon and is now complaining the game is literally impossible.
>>
>>332824435
>it's ballanced because Maxx "C" exists

Really?
>>
File: 1410056519925.gif (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1410056519925.gif
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>332819256
>tfw a dredge player in modern and legacy
>tfw a memedrazi player wants to have a match against me
Feels good.
>>
>>332824435

>deck that dies to Twin Twister/literally any spell removal, and any backrow beating "draws my entire deck first turn"
>>
>>332824121
There's shitloads of ways of dealing with monsters nowadays.

Hell, there's three solemn strikes, solemn warning, like five different trapholes, like seven mirror forces, dark hole, and raigeki; all available to use currently if you want s/t for getting rid of monsters.

And that's not even getting into all the monster options for monster removal in this era.

It's silly to complain like this when you're actively handicapping yourself.
>>
>its an "i dont know how to use my brain to build decks that arent shit so im complaining about the game being too hard" episode
why do i keep watching?
>>
>>332824556
then the game was ruined since 2005, because that's when the bullshit special summons started.
>>
>>332824556
You can just buy the new monarch structure and tribute summon your way to victory
>>
>>332824780
because you're too fucking stupid to make your own deck and play
>>
File: 1456199917310.png (853 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456199917310.png
853 KB, 1080x1080
>>332814916
>the new anime is gay as fuck
I would've agreed with you had Sergey not existed.
>introduces the sickass Thorn Prisoners
>BTFOs Yuzu in an OTK
>then introduces more Earthbound Support
>absolutely ravages Barrett and Yuya
>followed by that entire duel with Jack
>takes thorns, fire, and a 80-foot drop to the face and lives through it before getting beat to death by a lead pipe
Arc-V has absolutely poor pacing and moronic characters, and yet it's the absolutely insane duels that keep me coming back.
>>
>>332814916
50% of the cards must be banned and a new "classic format" must be created
>>
>>332824765

spidey?
>>
>>332824574
I am sorry that I am no tournament TCG autist and that I am trying to just have fun. But when even an AI summons the same bullshit monster in turn 1 I am very reluctant to keep playing this piece of shit game
>>
File: 422.png (277 KB, 600x1200) Image search: [Google]
422.png
277 KB, 600x1200
>>332814916
Synchro was pretty okay for the most part.
Xyz was pushing it, but it revived my gadget deck, so I don't complain.
Pendulum was stupid broken shit from the very beginning.

>Duels last literally 3 turns.
We definitely need a way to make game last longer, because top tier strategy can finish you on the first turn they can attack if you're not prepared or got a bad hand.

>Traps are useless
Don't agree this much, just look at any summon and/or effect negation.

It's less true now that Dimensional Fissure and Macro cosmos is limited, but it's still true.

This. Now it's like all deck is Six Samurai with three "Gateway of the six". The fact that Raigeki is limited and some top deck don't even bother running it should speaks to itself how broken yugioh is right now.

And to all people saying the banlist will fix that, It will. Until Konami release the next booster and break the game again with I don't know what.

It's possible. But it's way harder than it used to be/ should be.

Yeah... Remember when Gemini Elf was the shit?
Remember when Man-eater Bug was OP?
Remember when Breaker the magical warrior and Lady warrior D. where considered good enough to be limited
Those where the good time
>>
>>332824958
then make the AI use the same shitty decks that you use
>>
File: DenkoSekka-NECH-JP-C.png (641 KB, 385x563) Image search: [Google]
DenkoSekka-NECH-JP-C.png
641 KB, 385x563
>>332824439
Oppressive card that everybody hates seeing?
>>
>>332823691
>duels do last 3 turns, the extra deck is retarded and remove from play is in fact a second graveyard.
Since when did YGO turn into MTG?
>>
>>332824407
>Just buncha angels and demons every set
>planeswalkers
So you don't actually play MtG, right? Or just really new?
>>
>ITT people who never actually played the game more than casually talk about how things are better despite them having never actually played bullshit like Injection Fairy or Mad Scientist OTK
Your retarded pet deck was in no was viable back then either.
>>
File: 1446579507312.jpg (34 KB, 333x493) Image search: [Google]
1446579507312.jpg
34 KB, 333x493
>>332824580
Just as dumb as saying
>it's balanced because I went first
Oh wow banishing six monsters I was going to use to search
Wow I literally can't even yugioh because I deck thinned.
>n-no fair, you have solemn strike and raff, I literally can't even game of yugioh
>>
>>332824958
You sound pretty fucking casual bro. Either git gud or quit and dont talk about shit you dont understand.
>>
File: image.png (139 KB, 827x863) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139 KB, 827x863
>>332820417
The Pumpking combo that turned all your monsters to zombies then buffed the shit out of them in Duelist of the Roses. Oh baby it's all flooding back.
>>
>>332825053
>but it's still true.
Not a single deck today can use the banished pile

Even the GY has fallen out of favour because of pendulums
>>
File: 1458557001218.jpg (43 KB, 387x420) Image search: [Google]
1458557001218.jpg
43 KB, 387x420
>>332821078
>Super Quantal Mech King Great Magnus
>>
>>332825152

my thousand eyes restrict exodia deck went 81-1. the one loss i had was when i drew 4 of the pieces my first hand and couldn't stop card destruction
>>
>>332825198
I literally have that deck right now

You dont even need to use the "Turn all guys into ZOmbie" card when you can just spam 5 pumpkings and get +500 per turn
>>
>>332824765
>opening with spell removal turn one consistently
>making peep minus so hard they can't even yugioh
>MSTing a Raff
>>
File: PumprincessthePrincessofGhosts.png (373 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
PumprincessthePrincessofGhosts.png
373 KB, 308x450
Why is this the most kawaii card ever?
>>
File: exUYDX6.gif (354 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
exUYDX6.gif
354 KB, 300x169
>>332824589
>a dredge player in modern and legacy
>>
>>332825152
Oh shut up you stupid fucking nigger I remember seeing that fairy bitch for like 70 bucks back then.
>>
>>332825085
>Standard and Modern M:TG
>Lasting 3 turns or less
Recent bannings prevented this
>Legacy and Vintage
Only bad luck or being a bad player would cause a game to last only 2-3 turns. There's a reason why cards like FoW see alot of play.
>>
>>332824556
>I haven't bothered with the game in a decade
>But my opinion is more correct and somehow more informed than yours, game is ruined

I beat you think special summoning is a sin and have 3 copies of mirror force and magic cylinder in every deck.
>>
>>332814916
Anyone got a old-YGO cardfu?

Mine was total defense shogun, but then they made a whole deck archetype off the idea with superheavy samurai
>>
>>332825306
>opening with spell removal turn one consistently
Negro did you ever play against MatterRulers? They drew half their deck first turn and now you even have Fellgrand support
>>
>>332825053
>Remember when Man-eater Bug was OP?
No.

And Breaker was only limited because of Chaos decks, breaker itself was fairly mediocre.
>>
>>332814916
>anime is bad
Zexal 1 was awful and 5ds 2nd season was mediocre .
>fusion is dead
Oh ok. Excuse me while I OTK with frightfur wolf on turn 2.
>>
>>332825527
Red Eyes Black Dragon ever since I pulled a holo one from one of those original packs way back, when I was in like elementary school still
>>
>>332825547
>MatterRulers
>ever existing
It literally died a week later
>>
>>332825452
MtG lasts 5 turns, but the 4th and 5th turn are pointless because one player is so far behind he can't recuperate
>>
>>332825191
and you sound like some meta faggot. Everyone has his own package to lift
>>
File: ab7.png (558 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
ab7.png
558 KB, 800x1200
Continue from >>332825053

That's problem number 1. I wouldn't mind that if the gap between tier 1 and 2 wasn't 200km long.

I like generic anime shit.
But I do know what you mean. Kinda wish it would stay kind of consistant.

Agreed

>Fusion is dead
Isn't there that lv4 god card that does everything still legal?
is elemental hero still a thing?
This I don't know enought about to really speak my mind about.

>Ritual is dead
Is nekroz still a thing or they received the banhammer?

>The new anime is gay as fuck and there hasn't been a good vidya in forever
Stopped watching the anime after 5D. Xezal was retarded.

Pokemon is thriving?
>>
File: MadolcheMewfeuille-REDU-EN-C-1E.png (407 KB, 378x552) Image search: [Google]
MadolcheMewfeuille-REDU-EN-C-1E.png
407 KB, 378x552
>>332825412
>>
>>332825679
Nigger what
>>
>>332825605
>Fluffals
>consistent Wolf OTK
>>
>>332825671
It was fucking the OCG and existed online
>>
>>332825527
i didn't like defense shogun very much but big ben is able to beat up super conductor tyrannos for the cost of 2 tributes which i think is cool as hell
of course it doesn't compare to some of the degenerate stuff like utopia the lightning, but yes i agree
>>
>>332825452
I probably should've taken that part out, but sideboard and exile are now in YGO?

Also
>>332821078
is this for real? The fuck?
>>
File: MtG Standard.jpg (213 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MtG Standard.jpg
213 KB, 1280x720
>>332825679
>but the 4th and 5th turn are pointless because one player is so far behind he can't recuperate
That varies on match-up really.
>>
>>332825732
Actually I'm a budget player who only plays pet decks. I just actually play this game and know how it is.
My best decks most expensive card is like $6 right now. Also I play fucking ghostricks and Skull servants against meta. You dont know shit about Yugioh and your opinions on it are worthless.
>>
If you're going to be a nostalgiafag at least play something like Monarchs. And don't be retarded and use Frognarcs
>>
>>332825846
>OCG
>online
>mattering
If I can't take it to Regionals/YCS it doesn't exist
>>
>>332825827
Fluffals would be T1 if they didn't have a horrible Monarch matchup

It's Mermail with a great turn one if you go first
>>
>>332825242
Monarchs can retrieve resources they banished to continue their draw/search engine and Kozmo can retrieve monsters they banished back to hand/field for beaters/banish SS plays. Certain decks like D/D/D and Zombie variants banish for plays and then return their banished shit with Omega to reuse resources. Many decks can use their banish pile but it's not as widespread as graveyard plays.
>>
File: whyisthisallowed.webm (3 MB, 724x540) Image search: [Google]
whyisthisallowed.webm
3 MB, 724x540
>>332821078
>>332825982
>>
>>332826051
>People build there $500+ decks
>Spend 30 bucks to purchase a pre-made deck three times
>Completely dominate said decks
I love Monarchs.
>>
>>332826092
Fluffals will die to Moulinglacier, Arc Light, and Gaios + Mizuchi
>>
>People want to go back to generic beatdown lists or Twillight decks
>Or the fucking tsukiyomi lockdown lists
>Or fucking Raiza the format
Hell Monarchs are still a thing
>>
>>332826370
Monarchs will always be a thing, no matter the format.
>>
>>332825242
>There's no tier 1 deck that uses the banish zone as ressources.

Duh, that's for tier 2 fun decks you dummy.

>>332825563
>No.

Then get out of my face, you newfa-

>And Breaker was only limited because of Chaos decks, breaker itself was fairly mediocre.

Oh... Well you can stay.
>>
>>332826207
it's beautiful
>>
File: 1459128719070.jpg (94 KB, 867x1193) Image search: [Google]
1459128719070.jpg
94 KB, 867x1193
>>332824556
The wasn't game ruined, you just dislike it. Stop trying to call it bad when you don't even understand it you hyperbolic self-centred egotistical attention-seeking nostalgic lazy simpleton
>>
>>332826207
Can't even count how many cards and effects were activated in this. The fuck man.
>>
Don't mind me, I'm just here for the cuet girls
>>
>>332825778
>is elemental hero still a thing?
We Masked Heroes now
>>
>>332826207
I love this like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-eNd04Mks
>>
>>332826207
literally my entire experience with YGO. It's a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>332826347
>Moulinglacier,
Or you might hit Vendor/Chain and end up setting yourself for an OTK

>Arc Light
Granted but no deck makes him in the meta

>Gaios
If you invest in a heavy board you will get back to back tigers to rape you
>>
>>332826619
You meant to reply to >>332823252, right?
>>
ITT: Mad cus bad.
>>
>>332814916
Yeah, we should go back to the good old days when the strategy was to equip Jinzo with Axe of Despair and laugh at your opponent.
>>
File: hmm.png (28 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
28 KB, 150x150
>>332814916
The only thing I really want back is at least a little mention of the millennium eye design. I love it on Relinquished.
>>
Anyone know of a website that makes custom physical yugioh cards?
>>
>>332826207
Man this webm encapsulates the reasons Yugioh is so good. In what other card game can you win in the first turn?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.