[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games in this series are worth playing? I've only ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: RE4sc01.jpg (73 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
RE4sc01.jpg
73 KB, 1000x562
What games in this series are worth playing? I've only ever played RE4.
>>
File: 1426823068106.gif (176 KB, 517x343) Image search: [Google]
1426823068106.gif
176 KB, 517x343
>>333280524
>mfw i bought RE4 Wii edition last week and still haven't played it because there's no co-op like RE5 or RE6
>>
>>333280524
The HD Remake or it's GameCube version, RE0, RE2, and Code Veronica are the quintessential RE games.

People like RE5 but I wasn't impressed, or even pleased with it, but you might find it more to your liking than I. It's a matter of personal taste on that one, and if you can find someone to play with because fuck your partner's AI.

The Revelations spin-offs aren't too bad. They lack the personality and appeal of the originals but if you're looking for a fix it's a good place to get it. These are optional, not required playing so it's not mandatory, just above decent games.

If you find that you want something closer to RE4 then I recommend picking up The Evil Within or Shadows of the Damned. Shadows of the Damned has some major flaws but it's tremendous fun and it's closer to RE4 style gameplay than any other RE game.
>>
All but RE4.
>>
1-3 are very similar in terms of gameplay, so if you like one of those chances are you'll like them all. 2 is the easiest.

CV plays like 1-3 as well, but the story and pacing is horrible

5 is pretty fun co-op. It's alright singleplayer if you know how to treat the AI correctly

6 has the best gameplay barring the QTEs, but the story is a goddamn mess.

The spinoffs are all medicore aside from Outbreak.
>>
>>333282174
OP here. I don't know if I really like the idea of limited saves.
>>
>>333282947

It's rarely an issue. The games are full of ink ribbons and most savepoints have 3 of them lying around
>>
RE4 is the only good one.
>>
>>333282495
>6 has the best gameplay barring the QTEs, but the story is a goddamn mess.
I have to disagree.

I'm playing RE6 right now and it's a fundamentally flawed game. The basic mechanics are fine, it plays well enough during combat and other areas, and aside from a sever lack of ammo in a lot of areas, mostly Chris' campaign, it's got solid gameplay.

The problem is everything else. There are too many cuts in action because of mini-cutscenes putting a break in the flow of the game. That wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that you, and only you, freeze on every one of them. It doesn't matter what you are doing the game prioritizes it's little cutscenes over everything else, it doesn't matter if you are in the middle of a QTE to save your life, it will cut you off and for as long as it likes and it won't let you skip it. I died more times because the enemy got to advanced on me or move to a blind spot during a cutscene than from actually getting my ass killed because I fucked up.

It's also got the weirdest, incomprehensible, damage requirements. If I shoot an enemy in the head he will either die or his head will mutate and I won't know which until it happens. It also gives the invulnerability during certain animations. I've unloaded entire clips on dudes who were getting up and they didn't die from it while the exact same dude next to him took two to the head and that was it for him, and, again, that happened half of the time, you won't know if enemies are taking damage until they die or don't.

Anyway, I could go on but the point is it was going to be a better game if they had just fixed some of the issues that shouldn't be on the flagship title of a major franchise. It's basic gameplay is fine, it's the rest of the game design that is lacking, severely.

>>333282947
Buy the game used and give it a go. If you decide it's not for you you can just return it. Won't take more than a few hours to figure out if you're willing to put up with it or not.
>>
>>333283147
:^)
>>
>>333280524
5 is good don't let any one tell you otherwise. It's a fun game just not as survivally as 4.
REmake is an absolute must play as its one of the best.
Zero is pretty decent but a step down from REmake
Revilations I didn't like but is spooky and survivally like 4 but Revilations 2 I enjoyed alot but it's really short
6 is absolute garbage so don't even think about it.
That should keep you busy for awhile
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.