[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: BioShock_box.png (3 MB, 1214x1482) Image search: [Google]
BioShock_box.png
3 MB, 1214x1482
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1459020184364.jpg (878 KB, 2165x2095) Image search: [Google]
1459020184364.jpg
878 KB, 2165x2095
>>333276775
Your taste if you believe there's something wrong with it.
>>
>>333277153
/thread
>>
>>333276775
Inconsistencies with the characters if you chose to kill the Sisters. Tenenbaum would never go out of her way to save a dude who murdered multiple of her children, and Fontaine had little reason to kill his best possible tool.
The Peach Wilkins fight takes all the ammo you’d gathered throughout the game and doesn’t give it back to you at the end of the fight.
Free Vita-Chambers make the game too easy, should have charged for their use like in SS2 (also makes sense given Rapture’s capitalist ideals)

That said, it’s my favorite game of all time, and I love it despite the flaws.
>>
>>333277570
Some more:

> sploicers become bullet spongers around after fort frolic where you need to pepper them with bullets to do any damage.
> The plot goes completly off the rails after the big twist culminating into an abysmal failure and one of the worst videogame endings to exist.
> Hacking is fucking retarded, and it happends way too much.
> Seriously hacking every single fucking turret, security camera and security bot in the game was soooooo fucking tedious.
> The "protect the little sisters" bit was just awful.
>>
>>333276775
Nothing, it's better than the mess that's SS2.
>>
File: 1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png (121 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png
121 KB, 1280x853
>>333276775
It criticizes libertarianism. The developers were probably economically illiterate or bootlicking statist collectivists.
>>
>>333277848

I'm >>333277570

> sploicers become bullet spongers around after fort frolic where you need to pepper them with bullets to do any damage.
Nah, even on Hard, if you’ve kept up with research, go for headshots, and use proper ammo types, you can
> The plot goes completly off the rails after the big twist culminating into an abysmal failure and one of the worst videogame endings to exist.
Again, only if you went evil. Fontaine is a disappointing boss, but the good ending is consistent, if a bit cliché.
> Hacking is fucking retarded, and it happends way too much.
Pure personal taste. I love the pipe dream minigame, and so did my friends. One of them would even try to make as long a path as possible to prolong it.
That said, it should have been in real-time, like in SS2.
> Seriously hacking every single fucking turret, security camera and security bot in the game was soooooo fucking tedious.
Then don’t. You can destroy them or avoid them. I never found it tedious at all. Especially since you can regen health/Eve if you have Hacker’s Delight on.
> The "protect the little sisters" bit was just awful.
Yes, I’ll give you this.
>>
>>333278409
Sorry, cut myself off:
Nah, even on Hard, if you’ve kept up with research, go for headshots, and use proper ammo types, splicers even on Point Prometheus can be single-shot kills. (Or multiple if you want to use the Machine Gun)
>>
>>333278038
>(You)
>>
>>333276775
Consoles.
When in doubt why the industry or any specific aspect of it is shit, the answer is always consoles.
>>
>>333276775
nothing
>>
>>333276775
they moved a spanish country into the sky and removed any horror from it where you can't throw the baseball at the nigger

inf was fun but it wasnt bioshock
>>
Hacking was tedious. Bioshock 2 did it better, it went quicker but was more challenging due to it being real time. Switching to from and to weapons and plasmids is also pretty annoying after having played the other games.
>>
>>333280242
kek
>>
>>333276775
if you cut out the last 30% of the game, Bioshock is a near 10/10. but if you don't it's about an 8/10

definitely one of the most memorable gaming experiences ever
i don't fucking remember anything about the sequel, but the thinker dlc was pretty good
>>
>>333281891
I didnt mind the last 30% (though the final boss was kinda stupid, like the fucking hulk?)

bioshock 2 was pretty cool and had more endings and more choices(like 3) rather than just turning kids into slugs and eating them or pulling an avatar and removing their bending
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.