[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Many people on /v/ bitch about the "Halo Casual FPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg (101 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg
101 KB, 602x792
>Many people on /v/ bitch about the "Halo Casual FPS generation", i.e., kids born around the mid 90s who may've had Halo as part of their childhood (if their dad let them play M-rated games)

>Most of these people who complain about Halo were born in the late 80s, and think they "narrowly avoided" growing up with Halo because they were 12-14 when it came out, and "my childhood was over by then!!!11"

>Never mind the fact that teen years are still counted as "growing up" - nope, childhood is all the growing up you do in life.

>Late-80s borns claim that when they were 7 years old and playing shooters like Doom, Quake, etc., they totally understood them. "Us 7 year olds, we were the Doom Generation. Because fuck people who were 17 when Doom came out, they weren't the prime audience for it like we were."

I cringe at this type of posting you see on /v/, it would fit better on Buzzfeed or Facebook. If you're in your mid-late 20s, you and your friends are still considered "Halo kiddies". There's a 95% it with your friends on your 56k modem while skating and listening to Avril lavigne.

So stop whining about the "Halo casual generation" "invading" /v/, because it already did a long time ago. Saying you were born in the late 80s and didn't grow up with Halo is like saying George Zimmerman is black.
>>
>>332969460
bump
>>
I'm old enough that I'm kind of embarrassed to admit my age, and I don't mind Halo at all. It's a fun game. It was a great time with friends.

I think a lot of criticism of Halo from the "babby's first shooter" camp comes from insecure people who built self worth in "beating" games, and saw something they identified with disappear from a post-Halo world. I have to wonder if you see more of those people in other genres these days. The one whose insincerity and rage appears when a game is "too easy" because they can't find self worth in beating it.
>>
I never got this meme either OP
Halo CE was released over 10 years ago. most of the "kids" that played it were around 6 to 9 years old, even older. These people are now in their late teens/early adults and, somehow, /v/ has a problem with this.
>>
>>332969460
It's a stupid meme that needs to die off. No one told the devs to copy Halo, but they did. /v/ likes to play the blame game and blame other franchises because the developers of their favorite franchises decided to copy Halo. If /v/ is going to start pointing fingers how about bringing this issue to developers like Bethesda Softworks, who turned Doom into a generic shooter.
>>
Halo is a much better multiplayer game than Counter Strike.

The single player was really fun too.

>>332971309
Beating Doom or Quake isn't any more challenging than beating Halo. All of them are pretty fucking easy. Halo legendary is probably harder than Doom's UV or Quake's Nightmare even. Doom NM is just Troll difficulty.
>>
File: 1459005745266.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1459005745266.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>people whos first console was the Wii are posting on /v/ right now
>>
File: Halo.jpg (201 KB, 880x1969) Image search: [Google]
Halo.jpg
201 KB, 880x1969
This thread was so good we just had to have another one, huh?
>>
>>332971415
A common /v/ saying is "Anyone born after 1989 is an underage Halo babby", but that's fucking stupid to me because even people who were born in the late 80s definitely played it in high school, i.e., "grew up" with it.

Apparently /v/ seems to think childhood (ages ~5-11) is all the "growing up" you do in life, and if you were 13 when Halo came out, you somehow dodged the "casual generation bullet".
>>
>>332969460
But when Halo came out it was completely underwhelming compared to the literal thousands of half life mods all running at 60 fps.

Also fps and control pads.

Only reason you fags like this game is because microshill marketed the shit out of it and its now part of your nostalgia. It was never good.
>>
File: 1453624387556.png (376 KB, 535x460) Image search: [Google]
1453624387556.png
376 KB, 535x460
>I was born 199X
>>
>>332969460
Generation politics is dumb because everybody's equally stupid at younger ages, you just forget how stupid you were when you grow up.
>>
people who call it a casual FPS are probably lying about their age and grew up with 3 or Reach. CE was easily the most competitive multiplayer experience I've ever had.
>>
>>332969460
>because they were 12-14
This is exactly me and Halo with my friends was some of the best gaming moments ever
>>
>>332972918
I cringe at this type of posting you see on /v/, it would fit better on Buzzfeed or Facebook.

If you're in your mid-late 20s, you and your friends are definitely still "Halo kiddies". There's a 95% chance you played it with your middle/high school friends on your 56k modem while drinking Pepsi Blue, skating, and listening to Avril lavigne.
>>
>>332969460
what if you did not play it past a few matches because it was not that great? Are you implying that everyone who was alive played and loved this piece of casual shite?
>>
At the end of the day it's just hipster syndrome, and should be ridiculed as such.

>oh a trend happened that is popular with people younger then me. Time to flex my superiority complex and tell them the older stuff is better

I was born in 89 and my brother who was in college when halo came out and he got me hooked on it. My friends and his friends would all system link halo CE back in the day. So to say that halo CE was a generational divide is nonsence.
>>
>>332973040
>CE was easily the most competitive multiplayer experience I've ever had.
Hahahaha yeah great competitive experience with every character trundling along at five miles per hour
>>
Around 2002 I was playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on a 56k modem

I vaguely wanted an Xbox for Halo, but more for that dope boat combat game I'd always see on display
>>
>>332973260
>ONLY FAST GAMES ARE COMPETITIVE

Yep, Tribes is perfect. No balance issues.
>>
File: 26 year old vape user.jpg (82 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
26 year old vape user.jpg
82 KB, 384x313
>Born in 88

>First game I played was Super Mario Bros for the NES when I was 4.

>Played Halo as a teen when the Xbox HUGE was relatively new, thought it sucked ass and was boring.

Happy now bitch?
>>
>>332969460
What if I was born in 88 but never really got into Halo?

I played it, but I never finished it cuz the flood were scary.
>>
File: pleaselovehalo.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pleaselovehalo.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>not allowed to like halo on /v/

Why?
>>
>>332973743
>What if I was born in 88 but never really got into Halo..., but I never finished it cuz the flood were scary?
Then you were a massive pussy.
>>
>>332973979
Because it's fucking gay.
>>
People often try to claim things that aren't really "their time".

Like, for example, someone born in 1959 calling themselves "The Beatles generation" because they remember their parents listening to the Beatles in the car - even though that person would be too young to attend Woodstock, see the Beatles live, or smoke pot in the 60s.
>>
>>332974156

You're fucking gay
>>
For what purpose hasn't Microsoft released Halo on PC already?

Do they honestly think its going to sell more on a dead platform? kek.
>>
>>332974636
They were old enough to get them in the 70s.
>>
>>332972767
You're just mad because it was never made for PC.
>>
>>332973040
>Comparing 3 to Reach
Get out
>>
File: 1454084748166.jpg (59 KB, 490x519) Image search: [Google]
1454084748166.jpg
59 KB, 490x519
I never played a Halo game, desu.
I have an iso of the first game on some hd since years, but never got to play it.
>>
>>332972494
No... Please tell me you're memeing us
>>
>>332969460
Remember when this picture was still accurate?

Now everyones first fps is Call of Duty Black Ops.
>>
File: 1446341760795.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1446341760795.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>332975714
>>
>>332969460
It was my first fps and I had fun.
>>
Yeah but who cares? You?
>>
>>332974960
it was though my millenial consolefriend.

But thanks once again for proving that Halo fans truly are millenial, and have an extremely limited knowledge of gaming in general.
>>
>>332976359
Yes, /v/ should stop whining about the "casual Halo generation" "invading" this board when pretty much anyone under 30 grew up with Halo - be it in elementary, middle, high school, college, etc., doesn't matter.
>>
>>332976606
Did you read your own post? You compared Halo to PC shooters; that's the thing Halo was never meant to be a PC shooter. Halo was a shooter made to be played on a console. So in other words you sound like a retarded cunt who is pissed it wasn't made for a keyboard and mouse.
>>
File: 1452503052490.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1452503052490.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>332969460
OP is a buttmad underaged
>>
>>332977085
this argument is the most retarded thing ive heard in a long long time
>>
>>332969460
The rest of the world didn't give two shits about the Xbox, it only sold well in America. So only Americans ate up that Halo shit.

Also
>playing fps' on a console

A concept I will never be able to grasp
>>
>another "stop bashing my favourite shit game :(((" thread
None of this stops Halo from being an awful series that had one decent but still mediocre game. The first one.
>>
>>332977794
>But when Halo came out it was completely underwhelming compared to the literal thousands of half life mods all running at 60 fps.

>Also fps and control pads.

Please explain, how the fuck does this sound to you faggot.
>>
>>332969460
Just end yourself and this thread.
>>
>>332973979
Outside of the contrarians Halo 1-3 is respected as a fun time, anything past that is iffy. Anything Halo 4 and 5 deserves a major calling out for being a casual tasteless faggot, though.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.