[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is his problem ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15
File: 464316-hayter.png (148 KB, 255x280) Image search: [Google]
464316-hayter.png
148 KB, 255x280
What the fuck is his problem ?
>>
File: 1443998595762.png (348 KB, 602x1199) Image search: [Google]
1443998595762.png
348 KB, 602x1199
>I would say the same thing, just to be polite. Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was the main character of MGS. I was Solid Snake. I was given the title of Big Boss. They take a game? Metal Gear Solid V? They have a 5-foot-8-inch little guy, whether he was blind drunk or sober, I don't know. I don't care. He had never been Snake. He doesn't do voice acting. He has never played a game. They make him Big Boss. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, That role was perfect for you. How did that happen? Most of the people I know didn't like the game and didn't play it. It's just a classic example of Kojima and his politics.
He's a salty manchild
>>
>>332963503
Spent $18,000,000 making a movie that was only released in Canada, yet was still considered an international failure.
>>
I don't think he's salty. I think it's the fans that were salty he didn't voice the guy.
>>
File: shit.png (36 KB, 597x330) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
36 KB, 597x330
What ?
>>
Just watched his interview on The Codec and he seems chill.

Just because he calls Kojima out on his shit people get triggered and want to shit on the guy.
>>
>>332963503
BUTTHURT

AS

FUCK
>>
>>332964090
He's fucking insane. He's been tweeting things to Kiefer Sutherland since Ground Zeroes was announced. It's been years
>>
>>332963668
I mean, he was okay in MGS1 despite his voice only having a gruff setting.
Why is he hating on Kiefer when he's for all intents and purposes a pretty good voice actor?
>>
>his finest work was a moody edgy live action guyver sequel
>>
>>332963503

He feels a sense of ownership over the things he's been involved with. Which is not immature in and of itself. It's natural to feel attachment to things you are passionate about.

What IS immature is his inability to let go. He's acting like a man who's wife recently left him, and he's resorted to stalking her in a passive-aggressive manner in order to maintain some semblance of a connection to her.

He also has the same obsession that Kojima has over being a cinematic artist. He sees himself as being the same as Kojima, so he doesn't understand why people flock to Kojima but not to him. It's why he was so dead-set on making that movie of his that bankrupted him. In his mind he wanted his movie to receive international acclaim and make him lots of money. That way he could shove it in Kojima's face that he beat him at his own game. But as we all know, things didn't quite work out that way.
>>
kojima probably got asspained hayter talked shit about his scripts so he cut the guy lose. I remember specifically in one interview about MGS4 he mentioned how nothing made any fucking sense
>>
>>332964147
How the fuck do you know, /v/ browsing filth

>>332963503
Why do you care, go play some good game, faggot
>>
Honestly if Konami makes another MGS game they'll just hire him back because he's cheaper than Kiefer Suthercuck and Kojima was blowing their budget on stupid shit.
>>
>>332964587
go to bed David. This kind of obsession isn't healthy.
>>
>>332963503
The only memorable and lucrative thing he's done with his career was voicing snake

That's why he's so salty over getting "replaced"
>>
>>332963668
Well that's just bang out of order. I'd have liked Hayter in TPP but the only problem Sutherland had was that he was underused. The few times he actually had a chance to stretch his vocal chords in the game he utterly killed it.
>>
>>332963503
He's a Hayter.
>>
>>332963503

He's like an ex lover who is so hurt that you broke up with him, so he does everything he can to hurt your reputation. Secretly he wants to get back with you and will do anything, but you've moved on.
>>
>>332964621
>spend so much money it caused konami to just say fuck it and stop making games
>mgsv is still rushed and unfinished
tippity toppity kek
>>
File: Hayter after MGS.png (6 KB, 267x241) Image search: [Google]
Hayter after MGS.png
6 KB, 267x241
>>332964547
>>
>>332964682
He wrote the screenplays for the first two X-men movies and Watchmen
>>
>>332964434
I liked Watchmen. Debate me.
>>
>>332964621
VA's actually increase in cost over reprised roles. Apparently Hayter would've cost a lot more than Sutherland for TPP.
>>
>>332964860
No need to, the damage has been done already.
>>
>>332964836
his screenplay for watchmen was changed though, but there was enough of his original version to get him credited. also, his version was the one moore hated the least.
>>
>>332963503
>hire some unknown to voice your main character so that he sounds like Snake from Escape from NY
>keep him on for several installments
>by the 3rd or 4th installment he starts doing interview and other PR shit to talk about himself and your game franchise
>what the fuck he's just the voice actor for the english version of the game
>try to find other actors to fill in the role because how hard can it be to find a Snake impersonator
>meanwhile all this time he's constantly smooching up to you and also spouting anti-gun politics on his twitter
>finally have enough of his shit and shaft him
>the dude loses it and still talks shit about you publicly to this day 5 years later
>>
>>332964836
Those, somehow, aren't as easily marketable for him as being the voice of Solid Snake was.

Ratner gets the love for X-Men.

Snyder and Dave Gibbons get praise for the Watchmen film before Hayter.

Snake was his Buffy for the longest time. Now its his Firefly.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
seriously, go watch it
>>
>>332963503
Isn't that the eyepatch guy from walking dead
>>
File: just-pretending.jpg (37 KB, 306x482) Image search: [Google]
just-pretending.jpg
37 KB, 306x482
>>332963503

> Cooperate with Kojima to build publicity for the game by exaggerating his "outrage"
> Kojima gets fired
> Most of his work is scrapped (including parts of Act 3 which took place on Eli's island)
> Hayter is bound by contract not to breathe a word about the original plan
> He winds up looking like a petty asshole and can't do anything about it

Pretty straightforward to me. A lot of what he did was too over-the-top not to be part of some failed marketing strategy.
>>
>>332964090
>LOOK I CAN DO MOCAP!!
>I'M BIG BOSS!!!
>>
He got cucked out of his most iconic role.
>>
>>332964806
I like this analogy. A ex of mine told me about the shit her ex did, stalking, hacking and just pure harassment.

Hayter is THIS salty over the fact that he didn't get hired. You can see it by the fact that everything he does is about MGS and him not being hired, I.E the whole MOcap shit.

It's just pathetic at this point.
>>
>>332964434
Hey that movie was helluva fun
>>
>>332963668
He's a child.

Sutherland was great as Venom, more screentime would have proved that. Hayter was really, really bad as BB in PO and Peace Walker. And I don't remember him being all that amazing as Old Snake either.
>>
>>332966928
>And I don't remember him being all that amazing as Old Snake either.

His idea of Old Snake was to crank up the growls by 10. Apparently that makes you sound older.
>>
>>332964725
TPP is A LOT more gritty and dry in comparison to the other games. MGS1 and 2 for example are way more wacky and over the top and have a lot more character. Hayter's delivery is really emphasis heavy and cheesy sounding, his Snake sounds arrogant and brash and it works pretty well in the typical cheesy Japanese high octane action setting but I doubt it'd be effective in anything that was meant to be serious. His performance in MGS4 was pretty subpar imo.

If they kept the dialogue in TPP the same but got Hayter to deliver it, holy shit, it'd be hilariously awful. Can you imagine him voicing that cremation scene after Shining Lights, Even in Death? God, it'd have been fucking horrible and killed what was probably the most powerful moment in the game. No, Kief is perfect for what TPP is - a game that doesn't have the fun, over the top writing and direction of almost every other Metal Gear game.

>>332965683
10/10
>>
>>332966928
Hayter was alright in MGS for me, but I hated him in every game that followed more and more. I was happy that he was replaced by Sutherland. The only thing that I didn't like about Sutherland is that they made him a mute. When he did get to speak in The Phantom Pain he was fucking great.
The real Snake is Akio
>>
>>332966275
>that pic related

No fucking way is that bloke 26. It's the most shocking thing about that news story.
>>
>>332966928
He should never have even been Big Boss. All the Snakes have different voices from Big Boss except Solid, even though Solidus was a perfect clone of him.
>>
>>332967374
I think if the phantom pain was a bit more cheesy in general it'd have helped it greatly. It seems they tried to do a GTA in more ways than one (the open world plus the more serious tone the GTA series took from IV onwards) but it didn't have the gravitas that GTA IV had. Yeah, I know most of you lot massively dislike GTA IV and V but those games did what they did really fucking well and it's clear Kojima saw that as well.
>>
>>332968225
Actually I love GTA IV but hate how much TECHNOLOGY was cut from 5
>>
>>332964001
I'm pretty sure he has autism.
>>
>>332968346
In complete agreement there. Everything from the physics to the driving mechanics down to the incidental details was watered down. And the story was shit compared to IV (don't care how many people hate it, it's one of the best stories in gaming.)
>>
>>332968401
It's clearly a play on words you dolt. Dunno what purpose it serves but there's defo a play on words in there.
>>
>>332963503
what the fuck is kojima's problem?
He never liked hayter even in mgs1, why do you think he hired such a serious japanese va for snake, hearing hayter's VO for snake is annoying to say the least for him, I'm pretty sure he always wanted the series to be taken seriously like the movies he always wanted to direct instead. Hayter's iconic and fairly cartoony voice for snake ruined that for him.

In short, Kojimbo is a hack.
>>
File: skullface.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
skullface.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
>>332963503
He hopes hatred might someday replace the pain.
>>
File: 1458100800213.gif (1 MB, 486x289) Image search: [Google]
1458100800213.gif
1 MB, 486x289
Anyone else find it funny that Hayter is pretty much the opposite of Solid and Big boss in real life?
>>
>>332963668
This isn't real, surely.

It takes bigger stones than Hayter's got for a second rate voice actor and screenplay writer to insult a fairly well renowned hollywood star that flagrantly.
>>
>>332963503
his only income was forcing his way into mgs voice acting/they never called him back to reprise the role
>>
>>332963668
I remember when Sutherland was first revealed and everyone was shitting on him, but I think he actually did very well. Outside of one or two wonky lines, his performance was top notch in V.

>Don't blame yourself. Blame me.
Chills down my spine.
>>
>>332963503
You should have said

>Why is he such a hayter?

You had one job to do
>>
File: try university of texas.png (96 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
try university of texas.png
96 KB, 300x300
He's just mad he can't go to cons as Snake and hit on underage girls anymore.
>>
He's nothing but a pile of hamburger.
>>
>>332963503
>>332963668
The problem is that his ego is just as big as, if not moreso than, Kojima's. He LITERALLY sees HIMSELF as Snake, so he feels that the franchise cannot exist without him. He'll attack and belittle anyone else for thinking otherwise because of his autistic fanbase that's just as pretentious as him.

Unfortunately, Kojima doesn't view him as Snake - to Kojima Hayter was always some random hobo they picked up to fill in the NA localization. To Kojima, Akio IS Snake, not Hayter.
>>
>>332970061
could've gone pro if i hadn't joined the navy.
>>
>>332970279
But then why get Kiefer. He costed alot of money.
>>
>>332965962
Young Hayter was pretty sexy, no homo
>>
>>332970471
>get to work with the star of 24 which was very popular in Japan
>dont have to work with Hayter again

Why not?
>>
File: 1452233386026.png (134 KB, 300x377) Image search: [Google]
1452233386026.png
134 KB, 300x377
>>332970412
>metal gear rising was a better metal gear game than metal gear solid v
>>
>>332970471
Chief Kief was cheaper than Hayter.

Not that it would've mattered, since Kojima cut out most of the lines anyways.
>>
>>332970678
Honestly if they replaced Quinton Flynn, I'd be more upset than Hayter's replacement.
>>
>>332970678
It was a more fun game overall but it was barely a metal gear game, less so than V

It was a Platinum game through and through
>>
>>332970667
Because I should've been Snake.

Kept ya wait huhhhhh
>>
File: i gotta find bubba.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
i gotta find bubba.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>332964812
And how much does one MGS game make compared to this?
>>
>>332970471
Hayter himself speculated that Kiefer was cheaper. Because of the way VA's work, they're required to be paid more for each reprisal of a character. Since Hayter would be playing the character of Snake for the seventh time, his rates would be huge. It's not difficult at all to believe that Sutherland would cost far less for his first appearance.
>>
File: 1393392157871.jpg (11 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1393392157871.jpg
11 KB, 250x237
>Solidus is a 1:1 clone of Big Boss
>Big Boss isn't voiced by Solidus's VA but instead by Solid Snake and a drunk Hollywood star
>>
File: 1456732657631.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1456732657631.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>332971230
Why didn't he just do it for less or free?
>>
>>332971241
Voice is largely determined by environment. Genetics only count to a minor extent.

Solidus and Big Boss lived very different lives, there is a 0% chance they'd sound the same. It's unbelievable enough that Solid and Big Boss had the same voice.
>>
>>332964798
Underrated post.
>>
>>332971419
He wasn't given the chance. Nobody informed him he was being replaced, so he was never in a position to negotiate.

Odds are he wouldn't take less than whatever Sutherland cost anyway, and why would he for that much money? Hayter's probably long past the altruism he showed in The Twin Snakes, which he likely only did for the sake of the remake anyway.
>>
>>332971485
Fair enough, though that just brings up the question of why they spent whatever amount of money it cost to get the Kief Chief instead of getting the literally who who played Big Boss in 4. Richard Doyle is best Big Boss
>>
>>332972341
Because Richard Doyle is a 70-odd year old man, and Big Boss/Venom aren't 80 years old in TPP.
>>
>>332965962
Yeah it;s pretty good, though not for Hayter's performance
>>
>>332963503
At first it was understandable, but at this point he's just a petty bitch.
>>
>>332963503
He thought too highly of himself, honestly beliving that he's irreplaceable when in reality he was nothing more than just a localization dub voice and to Kojima, Ohtsuka is and will always be THE voice of Snake.
>>
>>332972153
You have to actually be cast in something to be replaced. In this instance Hayter wasn't cast. By his own admission Konami/Kojima made him audition for the part over and over again. It's just this last time they didn't have an audition. Hayter would have cost double the 2500 that Sutherland was getting an hour. We all know that Konami likes money.
>>
>>332963503
lets face it hayter´s voice acting is a little cringy and i´d go for silent protagonist too if alternative was employing this guy
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457146429639.jpg (42 KB, 589x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457146429639.jpg
42 KB, 589x720
>>332971485

Yeah that's like saying your dad telling you he fucked your mom.
>>
>>332963503
kojima is an asshole
>>
>>332976427
And Hayter is an angry baby.
>>
>>332963503
>What the fuck is his problem ?
He's known for one role and he wasn't even good at it. I'd be a salty fuck too if I realized I wasted a good portion of my life in the wrong industry.
>>
>>332970061
Underage girls, huh?
>>
>>332970817
Just get Kiefer and put a filter over his lines like in Ground Zeroes.
I honestly couldn't tell that wasn't Flynn the first time playing.
>>
>>332977935

Never realised how bad that was until I saw this video

http://youtu.be/d9XOSzVb0O0
>>
>>332963503
>the original VA for Hitman was replaced in a "reboot" of the series
>fans are mad and boycott the game
>he really isn't that great of an actor
>it's still a successful campaign because they end up recasting him for the game
>Hayter gets replaced in what is the final game of Kojima's at Konami
>Hayter is mad and boycotts the game
>fans are split on him actually not being that great of an actor as well as being annoying with his politics and interviews and him being iconic and necessary for the role
>Konami doesn't budge because they got Kiefer fucking Sutherland now
>Hayter proceeds to beg in so many words through PR interviews, podcasts and twitter for them to recast him
>years later when he realizes that they arent going to and that he has probably burnt all bridges with Konami proceeds to trash talk them

He should have just stopped guys. Why didn't he stop?
>>
>>332972153
>>332971419
He can't legally do it for free as long as he's in a union. The best he can do is act under a pseudonym, but with how... 'distinct' his voice is, that wouldn't be possible.

It sucks being Hayter, but how he's acted these past few years is really uncalled for. He's basically a giant manchild.
>>
>>332963668
He called Kiefer a small drunk? What in the fuck? I hope this shitty autism tantrum burned his bridges in the game industry forever.
>>
Was playing the DLC for DAI the other week, realized it was him when he voiced an underground dwarf. He couldn't even break out of the Snake role and even attempt at another voice, just the same old gravelly whiny voice.
>>
>>332978431
>implying the Hitman VO campaign wasn't just a ploy by Ubisoft themselves to get more free press and save money by rehiring the same cheap voice actor
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.