[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /v/ makes the best super hero game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: superman-logo-08.jpg (141 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
superman-logo-08.jpg
141 KB, 2000x1000
Show me what you're made off, /v/
>>
The Adventures of Particle-man.
>>
>>332695612
You are super goodguy
You fight badguys
You save chicks
THE END
>>
File: BAK_Sshot130.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BAK_Sshot130.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Another Batman game (face it, Superman would be shit tier due to him being OP, Spiderman is just a shit tier super hero and the rest are obsolete B grade heroes at best)
>Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor
>Batman has to go away during the day (probably several days at a time)
>but the criminals don't necessarily - so the criminal ecosystem can evolve between sessions.
>He can go for particular targets, check out bars and alleyways which are known haunts of particular gangs, influence territory grabs between rival gangs.
> If he comes down on one faction too hard, then others might become much more powerful in the power vacuum - but some gangs might invoke his ire if they're being too violent etc. (or disproportionately targeted gangs could get bigger weapons to deal with Batman, but in the process of escalation gain an advantage over their gang rivals).
>You could manipulate the criminal economy and the black market arms trade by hitting drug runs, bank robberies, gun deals - if you can get the intel on where they're going down. Each faction can be led by one of the standard rogues, and you could arrest the leader by fighting and interrogating your way through the ranks.
>There could even be breakouts at Arkham or Blackgate which you could try to foil if you had intel - but you'd have to manage your resources (i.e. Oracle's time, satellite surveillance etc.) and would always miss stuff.

Make it seem dynamic. Throw in boss fights again, add in whatever plot you deem necessary and there you go. You officially have the GOAT super hero game and an undeniable GoTY
>>
>>332695993

That actually sounds fucking based
>>
Set in the near future (year 2055). You are a naive young girl who idolizes the 'classic' comic books of the past. After a series of comedic events related to a boy she likes, the girl finds that she can unlock super powers in others, while at the same time being able to use their skills.

With her newfound powers, she decides to become a crime fighter and fancies herself as a super hero. And starts patrolling the streets at night to stop criminals. But eventually she stumbles onto a major crime syndicate, who captures her and reveals her identity to the world through mass media.

Her secret identity now gone, everyone from the police to criminals to other people with super powers put pressure on her to stop. But she ignores them all and vows to continue to fight crime. As well as help others unlock their dormant powers.

And things just escalate from there.
>>
>>332695993

>Batman
>Nemesis system

Surely Rocksteady have thought about this or are thinking about this?
>>
>>332695993
Your idea for a Batman game isn't really bad, but
>Superman would be shit tier due to him being OP, Spider-Man is just a shit tier superhero and the rest are obscure B grade heroes at best)
Kill yourself
>>
>>332698218

>implying Batman isn't the only good hero

Get a load of this Marvelcuck
>>
>>332698298
>Marvelcuck
I'd actually much rather have a Wonder Woman beat-em-up in the style of Heavenly Sword and God of War (or DMC and Bayonetta if you'd rather it get CUHRAYZEE). Or a Flash game like we almost got years ago. Or a Green Arrow game. And it's not like a Superman game would be that insanely hard. You just need Metropolis and the surrounding area for an overworld and then specific levels for later in the campaign. Hell, the only JL member with powers and backstory too ridiculous to adapt well into a video game is Green Lantern.

That's not to say I don't love Marvel heroes. I can think of several off the top of my head that deserve a game before another fucking Batman game comes out.
>>
>>332698298

Not that guy, but while Batman is my favorite comic hero, there are plenty of others that are good. A (good) Green Lantern, Flash or even J'nn J'nes game could work. But again, it would have to be well developed, like the animated series versions of those characters.

Ideally however, I'd like to play a game where you control the villians. Such as Lex Luthor, Livewire, Joker or Mr Freeze. As they are the more interesting characters in Super Hero scripts. Batman just comes off as more interesting because he's an anti hero on the same level as the villains he fights.
>>
>Batman
>Superhero
Being rich isnt a superpower. Maybe if he used his money to actually get super soldier juice or something, it'd be different.
>>
>>332698796
>>332699123

Literally all of them had chances and all their games sucked dick for a reason. Batman or bust
>>
The batman games have been terrible.
>>
X-mansion: the game

>build nice facilities
>train young mutants
>don't let them become evil
>send your best mutants to defend the world
>defend the mansion from attacks
>>
>>332699123
>Mr. Freeze
Fuck that guy. Better idea: Play as Captain Cold in a Rogues game. Plan heists, pick the best Rogues for the job, fight the Flash, make money.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
Was he Bruce?
>>
>>332699485
I don't remember Wondy having a game, or Green Arrow having a game, or Flash having a game (that was actually released)

Batman has a lot of games because developers can just be lazy with him, they don't have to figure out cool ways to showcase his powers. Besides, Batman is one of the most overrated superheroes in existence. Almost all of his supporting cast is more interesting.
>>
>>332695612
I'd like to see something like DCUO but single-player just an action rpg super hero game where you create your own hero and choose a class like superman-type, batman-type, speedster, psychic, elemental powers etc.
I'd also like to see a superhero game that doesn't have an affiliation to the either DC or Marvel, could allow for some flexibility if devs could just let loose with their own superhero universe and parody alot of stuff the big two do.
>>
>>332699575

Arkham City and Asylum were literal 10/10 games anon. Even Arkham Knight was an 8/10 at worst on consoles
>>
>>332699772

>butt hurt babbie is mad that nobody likes his favorite Super Hero

Batman or bust
>>
>>332699485

>Literally all of them had chances and all their games sucked dick for a reason.
Half those characters never had a game. And most characters besides Batman/Superman had vastly underfunded, quickly made games. Its stupid to claim they had a chance at all.
>>
>>332699872
I'm guessing you're a special kind of retard if that's what you got out of that
>>
>>332699872
Nigga I haven't even mentioned my favorite superhero. I'm just saying that there are at the very least a dozen Marvel/DC characters that deserve a good game before fucking Batman gets another one. Hell, imagine Rocksteady doing a Daredevil game.
>>
>>332699123
I would love a Martian Manhunter game.
>>
>>332700206

Batman >>>>> dog shit >>>>>> a literal handicapped faggot
>>
You're Superman and you have to fly through a lot of rings.
>>
>>332699485
batman games are shit
>>
File: rflash.jpg (129 KB, 854x562) Image search: [Google]
rflash.jpg
129 KB, 854x562
>>332699123
>Game about the Flash
>>
Give me good comics /v/, the last one I read was Superman Red Son.
>>
A "game" like Asura wrath but with supeman
>>
>>332699717
It was either Azreal or Bruce using fear toxin to scare enemies even more. Bruce never would just kill himself, he just blew up the Wayne Manor but probably not the cave. In The Dark Knight Returns old Bruce uses fear toxin on enemies. Bruce said in the game Gotham needed a scarier legend so using the toxin would amplify the fear.
>>
A game where you play as Darksied or Lex Luthor. And have to come up with various plans to destroy Superman. And you win the game by actually killing him.
>>
>Marvel v. DC game

>Spider-man, Captain America, Iron Man and She-Hulk for Marvel side
>Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, and Flash for the DC side
Play in a city which is Gotham merged with New York
>Each character has unique locomotion (Spidey has Spider-man 2 web swinging, Superman and Iron man can fly, She-Hulk and Wonder Woman can leap, Cap can do fuck all)
>Character action combat but with Arkham style quick gadget/ power access
>Jubilee is in it because she is my waifu
>>
sorry but hulk ultimate destruction was already made
>>
File: kamala easy peasy.jpg (86 KB, 188x425) Image search: [Google]
kamala easy peasy.jpg
86 KB, 188x425
A game where you get to date and fuck Kamala.
>>
File: 2416039-fantasticfour_1.jpg (132 KB, 644x960) Image search: [Google]
2416039-fantasticfour_1.jpg
132 KB, 644x960
>>332695612
>Not a licensed superhero
>It's based on the Silver Age of comic books
>Starts of street level but gets into some cosmic shit in the later half
>Onomatopoeias can be turned on
>>
I want to play as Doctor Doom :'(
>>
>>332704112
But the soundtrack for the game has to be produced by MF Doom
>>
File: spidergirl.jpg (226 KB, 656x984) Image search: [Google]
spidergirl.jpg
226 KB, 656x984
>create your own hero using one of 5 bases
>Teen, mid 20's average guy, dead end guy, Alien, or army/assassin guy
>powers based on heroes all across Marvel and DC so you can be the next Superman or the next Punisher
>intro is split into an interactive comic similar to walking dead and your choices determines your origin and initial alignment
>as you play the plot alters depending on how heroic or villainous you are you can even opt in to balancing your pretending you're a normal guy or straight out go full time hero/villain
>become famous/infamous enough and you can design your nemisis and rival if you wish to have one
>become really famous and you can recruit a customisable side kick
>enemy AI will evolve as you play, you go the superman route they'll start to employ weapons powered by Chemical X, your one true weakness! and shit like that
>Take the Batman route and you can develop your own car
>Spider-Man route and develop your own spider-gadgets including web shooters
>Deathstroke route would give you access to contacts, contracts, and weapons development and so on

Or you can say fuck it, and spend all your time sitting on the couch playing the wheel of fortune mini-game. It's up to you.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.