[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No games >Causes motion sickness >Rides on the reddit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: riftblogpierre1.jpg (61 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
riftblogpierre1.jpg
61 KB, 700x394
>No games
>Causes motion sickness
>Rides on the reddit hype machine
>Requires a fucking monster rig to run
>tfw its just a gimmick
>600 dollars

Buyer's remorse when?
>>
File: 1458536617713.png (89 KB, 1315x589) Image search: [Google]
1458536617713.png
89 KB, 1315x589
>>332618520
The Rift is a disappointment, but I still wish I'd backed the Kickstarter back in 2012 so I could've got a DK1 (and thus a free CV1) for around AU$300.
>mfw the CV1 costs AU$1200
Man, I could've turned a serious profit on that shit.
>>
>>332618520
>Buyer's remorse when?
Not today, friendo.

>Bought a DK2 when it was first announced
>Had fun with it for about a month, imperfections drove me away from the device
>Bought it for $350, sold it for $850 on eBay 3 months after I bought it because people are fucking insane

I'll wait for gen 2/3 before I seriously consider one. I've used a vive in the past and that was cool, but I legit don't have the apartment space for it right now. I'm glad all the suckers are buying it at this high price point though, eventually I'll reap their investment with a cheaper, more refined product.
>>
Wake me up when we get VR neural implants working.

People will look back at the VR of today like we look back at the VR of the 90s. It's just a waste of money right now for an underbaked technology.

>b-b-but the technology has finally caught up in 2016 to make VR possible unlike in the past!

That's what they fucking said in the 90s about 80s VR.
>>
>>332619094
>That's what they fucking said in the 90s about 80s VR.

To be fair, the illusion works well. It's not perfect, and definitely not worth $600, but having used a rift extensively and a vive occasionally, it's pretty neat.

Problem is that you need a lot of content to keep it fresh, and devs don't know what the fuck to do with games for it. Some are opting for traditional gaming experiences, others are doing more like interactive experiences, both feel half-baked right now.

give it a try if you have the opportunity though senpai, it's kind of neat tech
>>
>>332618520
>inferior humans getting motion sickness
>ha
>>
1080×1200 just isn't high enough. Once they can cram some 1944x2160 displays into these things, then we'll be talking.
>>
File: HRur1iq.png (2 MB, 7528x5000) Image search: [Google]
HRur1iq.png
2 MB, 7528x5000
I'm soo sad, that I spent that 800 dollars on a sweet new rig
>>
>>332618520
>Buyer's remorse when?
2 weeks 1 month from the moment is bought
>>
literally the same as

First movie screen

>No movies
>Causes motion sickness
>Rides on the proletarian hype machine

As for

>Requires a fucking monster rig to run

no shit, and you are fucking retarded if you dont think its worth it, or a poorfag

>tfw its just a gimmick

On your shitty consoles that cant run it

>600 dollars

poorfag again

thanks for helping delay the greatest thing to happen in our lifetime because you're a stubborn contrarian retard
>>
>>332618520

>has track IR
>has monster rig
>has triple monitor 144 2k setup

>TFW it's just a gimmick and even the target market doesn't want it.

I feel so bad for "VR" right now - If I don't even want it I don't see how they are going to get it into the hands of the mainstream.
>>
>>332619094
>Wake me up when we get VR neural implants working.

Every time.

You guys are fucking pretentious idiots
>>
File: 1458359818313.gif (633 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
1458359818313.gif
633 KB, 850x478
>>332618735
I wish I would have done it just for the mods this thing will spawn.

600 bucks is incredibly steep for what your getting, the price that Kickstarters essentially paid was about what the Oculus should have been priced. It's some lenses and two cell phone screens rigged together with other off the shelf parts made by various companies with a few custom things built up around them.

I had one pre-ordered but decided over 700 bucks with tax and everything was insane for what amounts to a gamble. Who knows if this thing will be worth it, and if it flounders support wise. I'm sure Ebay will be littered with them in a few months as buyer remorse comes knocking on many people's doors for various reasons.

Also the prices will naturally go down as they start manufacturing these things more efficiently and the current model kinda has shitty lenses so your just better off waiting regardless until the CV2 or CV2 comes out.
>>
>>332620309
Its only a gimmick because there is no demand for any full fledged games because almost no one has a good enough computer and is a contrarian idiot consolefag

Dipshit
>>
File: HTC Vive pre-order.jpg (153 KB, 604x977) Image search: [Google]
HTC Vive pre-order.jpg
153 KB, 604x977
>>332618520
No buyer's remorse because I got the HTC Vive instead.
>>
>>332620387
VR of this kind will happen before anything else and will be good enough for ever, no one will ever plug their brain into a computer to load up the latest call of duty., whether or not the current hardware will be good enough is the question, and it seems it is or atleast pretty close
>>
>>332620461
Your paying almost 1k for something that will possibly fail simply because developers have no clue what to do with the tech.

Have fun with one of the worst cases of buyers remorse your ever going to experience.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>332620274
>TFW you have an 800 dollars rig but you dont need shitty gimmicks to play games on
>>
>>332620603
>because developers have no clue what to do with the tech.

You mean consumers

Its taking a while because the average person is a fucking retard who doesnt understand it will take a system 2-4 times as powerful to get games of the same scale they're used to running in VR, which would require 2-4 times as much money invested in hardware, whether it be a new console or a good PC, PLUS the headset

You all are fucking stupid as shit my god
>>
>>332620678
What really sucks is my LG Monitor decided to have about 8 pixels go out in the dead center of the screen in a perfect horizontal line. It's just big enough that on the right thing it's really annoying.

Meanwhile LG support is asking for photos, my first born son, and to donate my extra organs just for them to consider giving me customer support like I was promised when I bought the tv.

Shuts incredibly irritating considering its pretty difficult to get a clear image of the dead pixels to begin with. Odds are they will try to weasel their way out of fixing it saying it's my graphics cards dying or some shit.

It's blatantly the monitor, everything I plug into it does it.
>>
File: 08-40-51.jpg (74 KB, 858x854) Image search: [Google]
08-40-51.jpg
74 KB, 858x854
https://youtu.be/HXFCapEFR0E?t=1472
>>
>>332620859
They are both an issue, consumers will laugh at paying 1k+ for a PC plus the Oculus/Rift. People bitch about buyino 400-600 dollar consoles and think computers are pretty much exclusively for business because 90% of them outright refuse to buy anything beyond 600 bucks.

Your average consumer is fucking retarded, but honestly that's just the normal human condition. Most people in general are mouth breathers.
>>
I'll get one a couple of years down the line if theres some interesting games. Much like 3d tv, i feel like this is just a fad that will burn out because it's too cubersome to use regularly vs stuff like tablets/phones.
>>
>>332621250
and so it will take 20 years for VR to catch on even though the tech is pretty much all already here

and you autistic proto-hipsters defend this
>>
>>332621560
Buyer's remorse is strong in this faggot.
>>
It's funny because, right now, the DK2 is actually superior to the CV1 as it has much more content

Was absolutely worth the 400 I spent on it, really enhanced the fapping experience and I already made that money back through it

But yeah, you're absolutely retarded if you buy the Rift instead of the Vive until Touch comes out
>>
File: uMU4zww.png (55 KB, 470x267) Image search: [Google]
uMU4zww.png
55 KB, 470x267
Sony is so retarded, if they brought back the OtherOS function with Linux drivers for PSVR and sold them directly to schools for $800 a pop, they would take over the VR market completely. For educational VR purposes, you don't need that strong of a GPU, so $800 for a full set up would be a fucking steal.
>>
>>332621630
i dont have any VR shit and my computers only about half as good as it would need to be

i guess i could go to a samsung store and demo one and then see if its really worth it yet i think
>>
How old are you people? Do you morons have any idea how new technology works?

>initially overpriced
>small library of applications
>clunky hardware
>not worth the investment

Morons were saying the same shit about BluRay, smart phones, you name it. Give it a few years. In the meantime, laugh at whoever tried to get in on the ground floor
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.