[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /v/, I have never played a MOBA before and I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: signup_logo2_clean.png (84 KB, 360x142) Image search: [Google]
signup_logo2_clean.png
84 KB, 360x142
Hey, /v/, I have never played a MOBA before and I'm thinking about getting into LoL. Is it worth it?
>>
>>332483982
nobody reply to this
>>
File: academy-ahri.jpg (633 KB, 905x1280) Image search: [Google]
academy-ahri.jpg
633 KB, 905x1280
>>332485310
>>332483982
I will. It's not worth getting into anymore, if it was 4-5 years ago I would say yes but the game has just become a bastardized version of itself. It lost all soul it used to have. If you want to get into a MOBA I'd say try HotS or even Dota for christ's sake. LoL used to be a game I enjoyed several years ago, but now it's unbalanced and become too toxic due to the ever growing fanbase. Ahri is fucking sexy though.
>>
File: 1456763638717.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1456763638717.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
>>332485753
i counter this by saying, its probably the most mid range MOBA out there, not babby level HotS and not wtfisgoingon-weallgot1hit dota.
Its entry level in that you can transition to either of the big titles after getting a handle on LoL, though the same could be said about HotS
I feel like LoL has tighter controll schemes too, the movement in dota has that turning circle or whatever it is and HotS is similar but a bit more tight. That could be my time spent bias though.
but yeah the community outside of normals and playing with friends is pretty fucking cancerous
>>
>>332483982
Play a better game
>>
File: 823767eae89e23a63a9ca5cb3755921d.jpg (674 KB, 1004x1039) Image search: [Google]
823767eae89e23a63a9ca5cb3755921d.jpg
674 KB, 1004x1039
DON'T FUCKING DO IT
>>
Requires too much time to make a dent in owning the heros, just pick one that has a good f2p model or a buy all hero pack.
>>
I have been playing league of legends since season 2.

It is absolutely not worth it. MOBAs in general are not worth it.
>>
>>332486495
I have no gripes with the controls since after all I've been playing since Season 1. I'm only saying that after several years the game is just becoming more and more unbalanced. This was made especially clear to me with the recent start of season 6 where almost every adc was buffed way too much, especially graves. I'd rather play something where the developer isn't constantly forcing balance changes down my throat and forcing me to try to adapt every week.
>>
File: 1455358627853.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455358627853.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
>>332486903
No gripes with what controls? other mobas?
Anyway, yeah the way Riot forces the meta to be in league with their LCS and shit is pretty piss poor for the actual regular players. or more so just pick an archetype and buff that for a few months.
Though if im going to be honest league feels pretty balanced at the moment, every person on the team has to pull their own weight(which most of the time is a bad thing) unless someone snowballs.
its hard to explain what i want to say in terms of balance but for the most part a strong ADC meta is much better than Assassin or Tank meta, because you can just stack CC and blow up an ADC
idk man, im stuck in the web so im probably forgiving too much but i rarely find enjoyment in videogames anymore and league is fun at this stage for the most part. im sure that if i gave up league other games would become much more fun but im not at that stage yet. ive given up league many times over the years, its kind of a tick tock game for me.
blog over
lol
>>
>>332485753
this, not to mention there is barley any new players so its flooded with smurfs that show no mercy in kicking your ass if you don't know how to play. Of course you can play bots, but you will never get good from playing with them considering their ai is so braindead
>>
>>332483982
no it is not worth it
>>
>>332483982
nope, if you want to have fun play smite instead, it's a more begginer friendly experience and people are less cancerous there

it's not the best game by any means, but it's the most fun to play
>>
>>332490453
This.

I've played DOTA2, LoL, HOTS, and Smite. Smite is the only one that has stayed fun for more than a hundred hours, and I'm at four hundred as of now.
>>
dont support valve
>>
>>332483982
The only way this game can be considered good is if you think about it as a party game. Everyone and their mom plays it and chances are even you have friends that play it. Then every game becomes a shit talking fest and your rank is your epeen that you use to taunt your Silver III friends.

Alternatively, just play 100% Orange Juice.
>>
>>332483982
Game is too old and stale.
You'll be playing exclusively with smurfs who will ridicule you for not knowing anything, and with shitters that are stuck in low ranks forever
>>
File: 1441409549935.jpg (32 KB, 715x625) Image search: [Google]
1441409549935.jpg
32 KB, 715x625
>>332483982

for the love of god anon, don't do it. and if you do, DON'T get your friends to play

they will stop playing ALL other vidya with you, they will only talk about LoL meta and ranking. no more racing games, fighting games, beat em' ups, shooters, NOTHING. you'll have no one else to blame because it was YOU who got them to play this stupid fucking thing and you'll cry.

then its just you, alone in your room playing alpha 3 on an empty couch thinking where did it all go wrong...
>>
>>332483982
Start with HotS, move to Dota 2.
There's literally no reason to play LoL.
>>
>>332493068
I'm sorry, anon
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.