[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People who play MOBAs - what do you like about them? People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 20140912055653a0dvzi1utszo51to.jpg (245 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
20140912055653a0dvzi1utszo51to.jpg
245 KB, 600x356
People who play MOBAs - what do you like about them?

People who don't - what do you dislike?

I know HoN is long dead but couldn't find a picture with HOTS and Smite is less relevant than fucking mobile games.
>>
I play LoL
Its fun with friends, shit solo.
>>
>>332332797
Is HOTS in the top 3 MOBAs now? Dota 2 and League are obviously at the top but which one hold the next largest market share?
>>
>>332332797
I play League. I fucking hate it.
The game has no balance. About 25% of the cast is plagued with unfair mechanics like instant targeted disables, free mobility, and tankiness+healing+damage without even buying items. Some characters don't need to work to reach their win condition. Others set a timer on the game, because they will inevitably reach that win condition. Riot's fascination with the juggernaut fantasy has turned the game into one that serves a single player -- the one who chooses the champions Riot favors. It's hardly a game at this point.
>>
>>332332937
>X is only fun with friends fucking hate it otherwise
if you dont enjoy the game for the game itself maybe you should just go to starbucks and talk to your friends
>>
>>332332797

I have paragon, I'm also a lonely faggit and bought the masterpack and still have a free key

Its pretty fun, I like the card system and the fact that you don't have to keep rebuying potions
>>
What the fuck is this, LoL Shilling Day? Is this some new holiday? I thought today was Monday.
>>
>>332332797
Doto
I am watching it more often than playing. It's super simple in theory and pretty damn complicated in-depth. I like how new patches keep rebalancing the game and theory crafting around new meta. Then month or few later shit changes and shifts again which feels like another breath of fresh air.
In free time I enjoy some custom games. It's not yet WC3 tier of fun but it's slowly crawling over there.
>>
File: pixiv52691005_0.jpg (185 KB, 633x616) Image search: [Google]
pixiv52691005_0.jpg
185 KB, 633x616
The little girl. Singular. As in only one. Out of like five games.
>>
Every game is different. It may follow the same formula of laning and farming then grouping, pushing, or whatever, but trying to outplay a different opponent with different Champs every game keeps it fresh for me
>>
>>332332797
I dislike how set in the meta some people are. I also dislike the carry mentality that they should get all the farm on the map.

People often claim this is a LoL-specific problem but it does happen in Dota.
>>
File: dota power of waifu.jpg (276 KB, 871x669) Image search: [Google]
dota power of waifu.jpg
276 KB, 871x669
>only Dota is cosmetic only and not p2w
>mfw I've spent hundreds on waifu cosmetics
>>
>>332332797
I've been playing LoL with friends for the past 3 weeks, I'm still shit at the game but when you outplay the enemy with your pal it's quite rewarding.

What I find hard is when things get to late game and you start dying in literally 1 - 2 hits in a split second, I'm shit and don't understand the game atm I'm fully aware of that, but I just can't fathom how you're possibly supposed to outplay something like that and it's quite frustrating..
>>
File: 1458871891330.png (75 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1458871891330.png
75 KB, 500x374
>>332332797
>what do you hate about MOBA's
-in every one of those game there are countless shitters who think game balance is important instead of being creative on how to deal with problems
- unless you are close to be a masochist, you will not enjoy those games once you develop a complete overview how to deal with every character since every game is pretty much the same.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
Used to play Dotka quite a bit. Reached 5k then dropped to 3k then quit. Nowadays my only contact with the game is through the streams of my favourite asian chick.
>>
I didn't start playing until recently, and I play HotS. LoL and DOTA are the only other two I have any experience with, and they felt like a chore to play. They're full of archaic mechanics to show off "muh pro skillz" that take away from any fun you may have. Last hitting, playing the lanes for 75% of the game, long matches that are overly grindy because of the laning mechanics, one fucking map, and easily in LoL's case the worst community I have ever experienced. These faggots honestly believe they are going to go pro one day so every game is serious fucking business. I just lost 4 games in a row in HotS and still had fun. It was a little disheartening since I was on a 17 game winning streak, but I guess I was due for some losses.

LoL is tryhard autismo faggotry to the max. I used to have two roommates and all they did was smoke weed, eat fast food and play LoL. For hours every day I would listen to them screaming and hitting things like apes. And I shit you not, eventually they decided to move into the same room together. They crammed all their shit into one fucking room so they could suck each other off and play LoL.
>>
>>332332797
I play awesomenauts because i like the cartoony style, the characters, how easy it feels to get used to and the strategies i use with my two friends.
>>
File: poopa troopa.jpg (48 KB, 532x684) Image search: [Google]
poopa troopa.jpg
48 KB, 532x684
Ask a 10 year dota veteran who stopped playing a year ago anything.

To answer to OP

I like that I can play what ever the fuck I feel like in terms of character types. Wanna wizard? Warrior? Stealth character? Someone to just dick around? Something to hurt your own team? Some sick hero combo that you want to do?

PICK ALL

And NO two games are the same. Not in a million years. You give them same heroes and items the games will still play out differently.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.