[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman Series Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Hitman-blood-money-02.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Hitman-blood-money-02.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1200
I got the Hitman complete bundle on Steam for $5 a while back.

I played Hitman 1 and 2, they were buggy and clunky pieces of shit, Hitman Contracts was better quality, but the games just don't seem that enjoyable to me.

Does the series get any better? I hear Blood Money is the greatest thing ever created, but having your cover blown for no noticeable reason and having to restart 30 times is really not fun whatsoever.

At least post what about the Hitman games are good because I don't see it right now.
>>
>>332980348
Ragdoll mode
>>
>>332980348
People like the hitman games because it is fun to discover different ways to kill a target without being noticed.

The first 3 hitman games are a bit clunky but they are decent.

Blood money is considered the best game in the series simply because it improves everything the other games had. Absolution is also pretty good bhut it is a bit linear compared to the rest of the series.

I have no idea if the new hitman game is good because it is incomplete and i'll only buy it fully released.
>>
>>332980348
Blood Money is the best in the series but if you get mad that you have difficulties solving puzzles while trying to get a Silent Assassin rank, the series isn't for you. It's about experimentation and trying out unique ways to solve these puzzles and yes, that does mean restarting the level frequently and trying to get a better rank on subsequent runs.

If you're the kind of person who wants instant gratification and to be able to get a Silent Assassin rank on your first attempt then the series isn't for you.
>>
>>332980348
>but having your cover blown for no noticeable reason and having to restart 30 times is really not fun whatsoever.
git gud
>>
>>332981160
> get a Silent Assassin rank on your first attempt

Yeah, newcomers have to understand that Hitman isnt really about playing each level once and be done with it. Its not even about skill or anything since all you have to do is learn the map (its fun to do it on your own and not look at guides, that comes later when you want to check some other fun ways of killing the targets).

So yeah, its a sandbox game in a way.
>>
Get a refund because hitman is not for you
>>
>>332982108
also forgot to mention but there is nothing wrong in doing the mission in a non-stealthy way for the first few times since for each run you will likely learn a new thing that you can then apply when trying to go for the Silent Assassin rank.

The cover being blown isnt a game over and you can use that to learn more about the level.
>>
>>332981001
>I have no idea if the new hitman game is good because it is incomplete and i'll only buy it fully released.
At its best it's an updated Blood Money. But it does almost nothing new or better than previous games did, and it does quite a few things at least slightly worse. With the always-online DRM, and the release schedule (if you're one of the ones opposed to it), it's a real let-down. It is a way better game than Absolution, though.

>>332982108
>>332981160
What these guys said. The appeal in the game, for me, is the sandbox nature of the levels that basically exist independently from you, but that you can manipulate to accomplish your goals in interesting ways. I think the stealth in a sandbox level, instead of in a linear level, is why I find the game so appealing. It's also pretty much the only game around (except for Hitman clones) that has the whole "social stealth" angle.

If the costumes being weak is your only objection, they're a lot more powerful (too powerful, honestly) in Blood Money. Your cover can't be blown unless you're either seen attacking someone in it, seen carrying an inappropriate weapon in it, or the body it came from being found.
>>
>>332980348
The only game i don't like in this series is the Codename 47.

Both 2 and Contracts can be bit clunky, but once you get the hang of them, they are pretty fun.
>>
>>332981001
>>332981160
>>332982108
I guess it's because I've been trying to bulldoze through my vidya backlog. I'll have to set aside time in the future to try and fully enjoy the games because right now I thought I could just play through the games and cross them off the list.

I'm sure it can be fun once I invest myself fully into the games.
>>
>>332983092
yeah, it is a game that needs some time invested in. It does make sense for you not liking it when playing it like that, I also had my fair share of games ruined by trying to force my way through.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.